What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STO Outage 6.3.13 [Resolved!]

Comments

• Options
    pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I would like to know why the mystical powers that be keep causing the server to crash when I'm in the middle of STF missions. This is the forth or fifth time that the server crashed while I've been in the middle of an STF match since LOR launched.

:(

Maybe they should have called it "Legacy of The Unscheduled Server Maintenance."
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
  • Options
    derneaddernead Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    From STO's twitter:

https://twitter.com/trekonlinegame

"Hi Captains. We are investigating Holodeck being down. We'll update you as soon as we have more information. Thanks for your patience!"

"Thanks for your continued patience! We expect to have you back in-game within 60 minutes from this tweet. We will message if that changes."

Why on Twitter I don't know... perhaps because they're having the same problem with their forums I am... almost impossible to get on here.
  • Options
    starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The Server is dead Jim it is really Dead LOL
  • Options
    purplegamerpurplegamer Member Posts: 1,015 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's a good thing we've had almost daily server maintenance to fix these problems, right? Right?!
  • Options
    xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    seems I got double posted too. didn't see this one got posted
  • Options
    hiveman5hiveman5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yep... The Servers hate Europe... Right on peak time. It never fails.
    The Galaxy needs you to fight the Iconians and their Heralds in order to protect our interests and freedoms in the Galaxy. Join the fight in the Herald/Iconian War today! :cool:
  • Options
    gockagocka Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    seriously how many maintenance does this game need ???
  • Options
    morpheusssssmorpheusssss Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah the server crashed, they're trying to fix it as we speak.
  • Options
    axellightningaxellightning Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I can barely load the forum!

"Star Trek Online is currently Offline. We are working to resolve the issue."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The servers are stable. They have been stabilized 19 times this week alone. So here is what you need to do.

Make sure any driver you can find is up to date. It doesn't have to be a driver for any hardware on your machine for this step. Any driver will do. Just make sure it is up to date.

Run dxdiag and post the results somewhere. I suggest using a magnet and posting them to your refrigerator. They will be seen sooner there.

Next, run a tracert on www.isaidtheserverisstable.org and post the results below the dxdiag you posted.

Call your ISP and request a line quality test. While you wait for a technician to visit your home and check your wiring, we will work on more server stability just to make sure it's not happening here although we are sure it's not.

You should now be able to connect. If not, repeat the steps above until you can.

Thank you for your support!
    Wow. There is a new KDF Science ship. I'll be!
  • Options
    alphacycnusonealphacycnusone Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    aje damn was in the final Stage in a Cure Space elite than it happend again.
    Cryptic its Time to invest in new Servers the Capacity is over the limit..... or blast this damn Neverwinter Game away......:rolleyes:
    A Star has died in a massive Supernova Explosion,at the same time he gave us the life.
    Yes we are all just made ​​of Stardust.
    After a certain time the Stardust starts even to think.
    Is that not fantastic?
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,422 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just as i found some time to grind my romulan to 50
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    boothy666boothy666 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same here, thrown out about 90% of the way through a mission, now can;t get back in :-/
  • Options
    defcon1776defcon1776 Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    A song sung by O'Brien in "The Wounded"

A minstrel boy to the war has gone
    in the ranks of death ye will find him
    his fathers sword he hath girded on
    with his wild harp slung behind him
    land of song said the warrior bard
    though all the world betrays thee
    one sword at least thy rights shall guard
    one faithful harp shall praise thee.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." Q
    Join the 44th Fleet. [FED and KDF] Apply Online: startrek.44thfleet.com
  • Options
    jehob1jehob1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    $200 and daily down time. At least I got a forum title.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    carardrhas25carardrhas25 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So folks whats up now.

Another sudden disconnect and Login Server not available ?

On what kind of Servers are you running STO and your other games ? Amigas?

This is getting really riddicolous.

Put some of the money you grab from our pockets in your hardware.
  • Options
    midknight3376midknight3376 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The level of incompetence of the people who control the game is just mind blowing. The can't manage to keep the game up for more than 2 to 3 days at most. Here is a thought if the people you hire can't do their jobs and keep your customers happy replace them with people who can.
  • Options
    ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well...I'm reminded of a film from the eighties called 'The NeverEnding Story'...
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just when my inet was being nice and letting me play without going down.

Ah well, not complaining, I'll catch him up to my Romulan soon enough.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    varrvarrvarrvarr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I would like to know why the mystical powers that be keep causing the server to crash when I'm in the middle of STF missions. This is the forth or fifth time that the server crashed while I've been in the middle of an STF match since LOR launched.

:(

Maybe they should have called it "Legacy of The Unscheduled Server Maintenance."

Well would you stop play STF missions and crashing the server then :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    donutsmasherdonutsmasher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Since it appears none of you ever leave STO or the STO forums, I just thought I'd point out that the other major Sci-Fi MMO known as EVE Online, suffered almost 24 hours of downtime that was only fixed yesterday.

The reason for that? A massive DDoS attack that took down all their systems. There is apparently a very good chance that whoever was responsible for that attack may well be on a DDoS spree and is taking down one game after another. Do not be surprised if Blizzard also suffers similar issues over the next few days, along with NCSOFT and any other MMO company.

Sometimes it pays to pay attention to the world outside your STO account, you never know what you might find out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by my better half.
  • Options
    superfoxyplushsuperfoxyplush Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hiveman5 wrote: »

Seems since Neverwinter has come out ST:O isn't being bug fixed. It's been 2 weeks since LoR launch and it's hell with bugs, I still can't auto-fire my rear weapons.

60 mins !? Lol Always when Tour the universe is on. There goes my contribution to the JHAS Carrier pets -AGAIN- :mad:
  • Options
    centurion47centurion47 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    how long does it usually take?
  • Options
    dantivirusdantivirus Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Time to change out the space hamsters or at least upgrade their warp engines to some nice purple mk XII's!
  • Options
    hiveman5hiveman5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    irwin109 wrote: »
    Yup think everyone has been booted, all the fleet on TS have said the same and of course I'm booted too.
    aje damn was in the final Stage in a Cure Space elite than it happend again.
    Cryptic its Time to invest in new Servers the Capacity is over the limit..... or blast this damn Neverwinter Game away......:rolleyes:

They did buy new servers and hardware... It said so in the last Ask Cryptic. My guess its another network issue, which unfortunately there isn't much they can do that is short term. They will be shooting this for some time.
    The Galaxy needs you to fight the Iconians and their Heralds in order to protect our interests and freedoms in the Galaxy. Join the fight in the Herald/Iconian War today! :cool:
  • Options
    darthpostaldarthpostal Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    battykoda0 wrote: »
    The servers are stable. They have been stabilized 19 times this week alone. So here is what you need to do.

Make sure any driver you can find is up to date. It doesn't have to be a driver for any hardware on your machine for this step. Any driver will do. Just make sure it is up to date.

Run dxdiag and post the results somewhere. I suggest using a magnet and posting them to your refrigerator. They will be seen sooner there.

Next, run a tracert on www.isaidtheserverisstable.org and post the results below the dxdiag you posted.

Call your ISP and request a line quality test. While you wait for a technician to visit your home and check your wiring, we will work on more server stability just to make sure it's not happening here although we are sure it's not.

You should now be able to connect. If not, repeat the steps above until you can.

Thank you for your support!

Don't forget to check your firewall/antiviral software! They love to change their settings all by themselves in a middle of your game. :D
  • Options
    captainpugwash1captainpugwash1 Member Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i was quite happy playing a mission watching my star ship playing hop skip and jump and tying to guess where the Borg ship would be next,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol
  • Options
    darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Server down = business as usual...
  • Options
    dezstravusdezstravus Member, Cryptic Developers Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for letting us know. We are working on this now and working on bringing Holodeck up ASAP. Our current ETA is 12:45PM Pacific Time (45 minutes from the time of this post).
  • Options
    axellightningaxellightning Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hiveman5 wrote: »

I feel your pain man :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.