What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tal Shiar Adapted Destroyer

Comments

• Options
    purplegamerpurplegamer Member Posts: 1,015 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    But remember, kids: It's not gambling if you're not forced to do it!

;)
  • Options
    kriactkriact Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They're in reward packs. Click on that category and searched for "Adapted Destroyer" and you'll see tons of them. Last I checked the cheapest was 103m.

I'm sure they'll go up in price as more people hit 50 on their romulans and the master key sale ends, so if you have the cash buy them now.

Or if you prefer to spend keys, I'll swap the one I got for... 120 keys?

No I don't.
  • Options
    cptshufflecptshuffle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    opened my first box got one then sold it XD
  • Options
    ussdelphin2ussdelphin2 Member Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Or if you prefer to spend keys, I'll swap the one I got for... 120 keys?

lol 120 keys?
    How I picture a lot of the forumites :P
  • Options
    galenewgalenew Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    120 keys is not completely unreasonable. Sold mine for 140 million and it wasnt the cheapest when i put it on the exchange. If the demand is high enough, you can set any price you want.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    galenew wrote: »
    120 keys is not completely unreasonable. Sold mine for 140 million and it wasnt the cheapest when i put it on the exchange. If the demand is high enough, you can set any price you want.

1 key is at least 1400000 ec 120 keys is 168million, they ships are selling at 98.5 million at the moment.
  • Options
    theantisainttheantisaint Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seeing your own name fly by on the screen is actually kind of neat, must be said.

Seeing the spam of everyone elses name is not. I wish I could turn that damn messages off, but I digress. To the Op, stop gambling, you'll be better off for it.
  • Options
    nafeasonto1nafeasonto1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Do most of you have a job where you make $50.00 an hour that you can afford to spend $70.00 on a game in one shot in one day and then some, without a care in the world?

Because that would explain why no one gives a TRIBBLE that this guy just spend $70.00 on a game and got TRIBBLE for it.

Something right there is wrong folks.

Not all of us make the money most of you likely make.
  • Options
    elemberq333elemberq333 Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I finally got one the other day now all I need to do is get to the proper rank to be able to use it...:o
  • Options
    saxfiresaxfire Member Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    according to some researches which were not made by me, you have to open baase 140 keys to get 1 ship. it can vary from 1 to 280 boxes sure... thats just base value.

also when i think about it, 7500 zen.. thats 75 keys? if you were to sell them in exchange for 1.4m each you would have got your very own tal shiar destroyer.
    Say the word, it saves the world.
    CUUCUUMBEER! "-With slight partigen with it."
    Proud member or DPS-800 "-We kill dem mines with our scitter turrets."
  • Options
    maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    saxfire wrote: »
    according to some researches which were not made by me, you have to open baase 140 keys to get 1 ship. it can vary from 1 to 280 boxes sure... thats just base value.

also when i think about it, 7500 zen.. thats 75 keys? if you were to sell them in exchange for 1.4m each you would have got your very own tal shiar destroyer.

i agree people sell ships for far too cheap a price. specialy when ec is so easy to come by
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zipagatzipagat Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guess I got lucky then, I got it after like the 3rd box, on my Klingon no less.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The thing that does annoy me slightly is that you don't get the full interior.... now yes I know they don't normally do that with lock box ships anyway but the interior already exists... why cant they let us use it for this ship!?
  • Options
    macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited May 2013
    It is a ludicrous way to "buy" things in game. I am okay with paying x dollars for a ship. But the idea of spending and spending without any guarantee is absurd. I hope these aren't kids running up huge charges on parent's credit cards.
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • Options
    chrisf0001chrisf0001 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's absolutely essential to go into the lockbox thing without any expectation of actually getting the ship. If you choose to open the boxes, do it for the Lobis or something - If all you want is the ship, using zen to buy keys and open boxes with them is just about the least efficient thing you can do.

I've only got one ship from actually opening a box, a Temporal Science Vessel. I don't even remember how many boxes I opened to get it, but that's the only one I've seen after getting so many Lobi crystals that I was able to buy the Wells uniform, the complete Temporal Warfare space set, the two Relativity ground weapons, a Timeship shuttle, a Tholian Recluse and sundry other 50 Lobi weapons on other characters.

So, 70 boxes and no ship? You've barely begun the Futile Lockbox Opening adventure...
  • Options
    shekky84shekky84 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I opened over 300 boxes and I got 1 tal shiar adapted destroyer in 19 boxes then I opened the rest of my boxes and didn't get another destroyer. I was hoping to get atleast 2 or 3 for my other characters.

EDIT: I bought my keys on the exchange buying keys from the zen store is a huge ripoff. 1 key should not be over 100 zen I think this is ridiculous
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am really upset with how many boxes you have to open. i have spent 7500 zen and got only 5 purple items. this is really up setting to since all of the winner i have spoken to have opened less than that most of them opened less than 30. this is really unfair.

That's gambling, mate. You take a chance, you might win, you mught lose.

You can always buy one off the exchange. I'll take your eternal soul as a down payment for a Destroyer.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    johngazman wrote: »
    That's gambling, mate. You take a chance, you might win, you will surely lose.
    Corrected for you. The house always win :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    erei1 wrote: »
    Corrected for you. The house always win :)

In this case more so than in real gambling. The house doesn't lose anything when you win here.
  • Options
    darkzenithukdarkzenithuk Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The whole box thing is essentially a money sink, designed to make players spend a boatload of cash, in the hope of getting a new shiny to play with. I wouldn't give them the satisfaction, it's really not worth it.
    Mortem a mundo, ortum republica, imperii ruina.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The whole box thing is essentially a money sink, designed to make players spend a boatload of cash, in the hope of getting a new shiny to play with. I wouldn't give them the satisfaction, it's really not worth it.

And then Cryptic doesn't get the money/make the profit it needs to justify making expansions like this.
  • Options
    kyias1kyias1 Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've opened 20 boxes total since the launch of the game. All 20 were yesterday.

My original goal was just to get the lobi (4-5 per box) and get half the lobi I needed for a console. I ended up getting a ground trait, 4 DOFF codes, 10 DOFF packs and an adapted destroyer.

Turned out to be a pretty good setup and I still am not sure If I want to keep the destroyer or trade it.

It is all luck guys there is no secret. I do wish all of you luck who have been trying to get this thing.
  • Options
    trycksh0ttrycksh0t Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Do most of you have a job where you make $50.00 an hour that you can afford to spend $70.00 on a game in one shot in one day and then some, without a care in the world?

Because that would explain why no one gives a TRIBBLE that this guy just spend $70.00 on a game and got TRIBBLE for it.

Something right there is wrong folks.

Not all of us make the money most of you likely make.

No, I don't make that much. And no, I don't care that he spent $70 'on a game' and didn't get what he believes to be valuable. To put it in perspective, I look at those who play the lockbox game the same way I look at people who buy lottery tickets.

If you win, nice, congratulations and all that. If you don't, you knew the chances when you started and I have no sympathy.
  • Options
    skyranger1414skyranger1414 Member Posts: 1,785 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    johngazman wrote: »
    And then Cryptic doesn't get the money/make the profit it needs to justify making expansions like this.

They are in teh business of making money from this game, I highly doubt they would simply close up shop and go home if lockboxes suddenly stopped selling. They'd need to find other ways to make money. Ideally ways that might give us something more than more high level ships.
  • Options
    jamie19862jamie19862 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am really upset with how many boxes you have to open. i have spent 7500 zen and got only 5 purple items. this is really up setting to since all of the winner i have spoken to have opened less than that most of them opened less than 30. this is really unfair.

I agree spent entire fortune on trying to get this ship im furious total rip off for amount paying for it ! :((
  • Options
    fliporicanfliporican Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is it me or does the look of the ship remind you of the Glorious Heritage Class (Andromeda Ascendant)?
    image.php?name=Sabio&ship=Renaissance&fleet=10th+MACO+Cavalry+Regiment&txtcol=EDE979&fac=fed&spezies=Human&klasse=Starfleet+Tactical+Officer&rank=vadm&image=01
  • Options
    thenumber55thenumber55 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fliporican wrote: »
    Is it me or does the look of the ship remind you of the Glorious Heritage Class (Andromeda Ascendant)?

to me they look more like Shadow ships
  • Options
    equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    to me they look more like Shadow ships

We do not speak of the Shadows... remember Kosh!
  • Options
    noshufflenoshuffle Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited May 2013

And how much lobi did you got out of those boxes ???
    OK, if I have to stay here for a while, your cieling ... looks idious.:D