What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Network Maintenance (May 30, 2013) [Complete!]

Comments

• Options
    kirkryderkirkryder Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's not as if many of them were brought up early during the beta or anything...
    ...oh...
    ...wait...
    ...er...
    ...never mind.

I brought up most of the bugs in PRE BETA TESTING... so... erm... They have had plenty of time to fix them, and I sent them tickets for each bug!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.EliteDefenseStarfleet.com
    Best fleet in Star Trek Online...
    We even have our own merchandise!!! Come join us today...
    www.cafepress.com/elitedefensestarfleet
  • Options
    wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just to point out the obvious tho, there's no patch notes so no bug fixes...
    kirkryder wrote: »
    I brought up most of the bugs in PRE BETA TESTING... so... erm... They have had plenty of time to fix them, and I sent them tickets for each bug!

As did most of us...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • Options
    thetraveler82thetraveler82 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You, Cryptic Ones, are SOoooo presumptuous with regards to our Patience and Understanding... With capitals, that is. :)
    Why do you believe we are as such, in the first place? Because we are NOT. I mean, I know I ain't! :D As for those who send you their everlasting love and kisses for the work you, guys, do here... I wouldn't try to understand *their* minds, too. I'm pretty fatigued while trying to understand YOURS.
    So, why don't you take the servers DOWN for 1 DAY or 2 and... GET THOSE DAMNED BUGS FIXED ALREADY?!!! Especially the mailing ones which can cause us great harm by LOOSING the items we send or receive through it. :) And then, LEAVE THEM - the servers - BE for the rest of the week!!!

What d'ya say? Am I... LOGICAL enough?

Thank you!
    I love Science! STO science. B)
  • Options
    sharyssasharyssa Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you...The Truth...

"...just look at my track record for making the improvements that I said we would with the KDF and judge by that." - Dan Stahl

...nuff said.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ajma420 wrote: »
    I think we've actually gone backwards since LoR as far as glitches.

INVISIBLE HY PLASMA TORPEDOES ARE BACK.

And boff system is now totally flaky, too: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=10481251#post10481251

What irritates me the most, I guess, is realizing this contemptuous attitude by the devs: they simply don't care. They have marketing folks behind them, yelling "Sell moar! Sell moar! Sell moar!" And, company-men as they are, the devs simply placidly comply. Instead of standing up to the brass every one in a while and say, "You know, PWE, how about we fix a few old things first?", if for nothing else professional pride, they just don't give a **** (but cared enough to build stuff in to censor that last word).
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    sharyssa wrote: »
    Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you...The Truth...

"...just look at my track record for making the improvements that I said we would with the KDF and judge by that." - Dan Stahl

...nuff said.

Yeah been pointed out already.

As for me, I'm a few server drops away from giving Bran's finger another workout with some more sign language ASCII art...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
  • Options
    tharrisxtharrisx Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    _Each and every_ time I attempt to play STO since LoR was released to Holodeck, I find either:

- The game server is not running at all due to some "emergency maintenance" or another off-schedule "scheduled mainentance". This goes on for hours during the timeframe I am actually able to play the game. So that's a whole day lost from my perspective.

- I am able to logon and play for about 45-60 minutes before the server goes down and stays down for hours. Then the game stays down long enough that I can no longer wait for it to come back up. So, that's an hour of playable time for a whole day.

I purchased the Legacy Pack, and I've been a loyal STO lifetime player since the game first went live in 2010. I have never seen the game run so poorly as now. I have been able to play the game maybe SIX total hours since LoR hit Holodeck.

Is this what I paid for? Get it together, PWE. This is shameful. You are going to lose the majority of your players.

-tharrisx
  • Options
    thetraveler82thetraveler82 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wolfpacknz wrote: »
    just To Point Out The Obvious Tho, There's No Patch Notes So No Bug Fixes...

As Did Most Of Us...

I Second That! :(
    I love Science! STO science. B)
  • Options
    ajma420ajma420 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kirkryder wrote: »

Haha, I played the closed and open betas thoroughly and personally submitted around 20 tickets on everything from Alpha Centauri to Zeta Andromeda.
    Light Speed! - No, light speed is too slow. We need LUDICROUS SPEED!

Ajma420 - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Federation
    Catherine The Great - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Empire
    Vladimir - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Rihannsu Empire
  • Options
    teddyhrteddyhr Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I JUST DOWNLOADED A PATCH :D:confused: again 138 MB

but i bet again is nothing fixed
  • Options
    yazzukayazzuka Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's not as if many of them were brought up early during the beta or anything...
    ...oh...
    ...wait...
    ...er...
    ...never mind.

love sarcasm:D
  • Options
    dennizenxdennizenx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah been pointed out already.

As for me, I'm a few server drops away from giving Bran's finger another workout with some more sign language ASCII art...

"brans finger" lol.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ajma420 wrote: »
    Haha, I played the closed and open betas thoroughly and personally submitted around 20 tickets on everything from Alpha Centauri to Zeta Andromeda.

Ironically s.t worked better on Tribble... Then again, only half the stuff was on Tribble.... Woops hindsight is always 20/20. Should have tested it all Pakleds...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
  • Options
    borgdestructionborgdestruction Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    General server maintenance entails bringing down the software portion of the server to do maintenance on it, such as upgrading hardware, debugging system issues, etc. Quite a few of the bugs in the game could be fixed by fixing the server itself, if those bugs are due to hardware problems rather then software. As far as software patches for bugs go, that is handled by an entirely different team that specialize in software programming, not general server maintenance, and is normally done in a controlled environment to determine cause and proper course of repair. If you want information on the bug patches, talk to the development team. As for the resets, I'm glad they're working on server stability that effects they entire game, where bugs only effect small portions of it.
  • Options
    snakevorerulessnakevorerules Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same here and they said no patch... they cannot even keep that right
    teddyhr wrote: »
    I JUST DOWNLOADED A PATCH :D:confused: again 138 MB

but i bet again is nothing fixed

Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday, May 30th, for scheduled network maintenance. We are planning to conduct this maintenance at 6AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) and expect it to last for 3.5 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

As we're only conducting network maintenance, there are no patch notes.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
    or they just saying there is a patch but not gonna tell us what it fixes
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    General server maintenance entails bringing down the software portion of the server to do maintenance on it, such as upgrading hardware, debugging system issues, etc. Quite a few of the bugs in the game could be fixed by fixing the server itself, if those bugs are due to hardware problems rather then software. As far as software patches for bugs go, that is handled by an entirely different team that specialize in software programming, not general server maintenance, and is normally done in a controlled environment to determine cause and proper course of repair. If you want information on the bug patches, talk to the development team. As for the resets, I'm glad they're working on server stability that effects they entire game, where bugs only effect small portions of it.

Err wrong. All it means is the server is going down the next day because they failed again... Just check the history...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
  • Options
    irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited May 2013

This post is by far the best yet!
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    As far as software patches for bugs go, that is handled by an entirely different team (...) and is normally done in a controlled environment to determine cause and proper course of repair.

... is normally not done at all, rather.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    revlotrevlot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/perfect-world-announces-first-quarter-2013-unaudited-financial-results-209237311.html

BEIJING, May 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Perfect World Co., Ltd. (NASDAQ: PWRD) ("Perfect World" or the "Company"), a leading online game developer and operator based in China, today announced its unaudited financial results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2013.
    (Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20090416/CNTH023LOGO)
    First Quarter 2013 Highlights[1]
    Total revenues were RMB624.5 million (USD100.6 million), as compared to RMB679.9 million in 4Q12 and RMB718.5 million in 1Q12.
    Gross profit was RMB477.9 million (USD77.0 million), as compared to RMB522.6 million in 4Q12 and RMB591.4 million in 1Q12.
    Operating profit was RMB133.1 million (USD21.4 million), as compared to RMB12.4 million in 4Q12 and RMB234.8 million in 1Q12. Excluding the share-based compensation charge and the goodwill impairment, non-GAAP operating profit[2] was RMB149.8 million (USD24.1 million), as compared to RMB67.1 million in 4Q12 and RMB256.6 million in 1Q12.
    Net income attributable to the Company's shareholders was RMB131.0 million (USD21.1 million), as compared to RMB86.4 million in 4Q12 and RMB209.8 million in 1Q12. Excluding the share-based compensation charge and the goodwill impairment, non-GAAP net income attributable to the Company's shareholders[2] was RMB147.6 million (USD23.8 million), as compared to RMB141.1 million in 4Q12 and RMB231.6 million in 1Q12.
    Basic and diluted earnings per American Depositary Share ("ADS")[3] were RMB2.70 (USD0.44) and RMB2.69 (USD0.43), respectively, as compared to RMB1.79 and RMB1.78, respectively, in 4Q12, and RMB4.52 and RMB4.38, respectively, in 1Q12. Excluding the share-based compensation charge and the goodwill impairment, non-GAAP basic and diluted earnings per ADS[2] were RMB3.05 (USD0.49) and RMB3.03 (USD0.49), respectively, as compared to RMB2.92 and RMB2.90, respectively, in 4Q12, and RMB4.99 and RMB4.83, respectively, in 1Q12.
  • Options
    sirricwinsirricwin Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    PWE, stop penny pinching and let Cryptic do things properly!

There is so much scope and potential in STO, but it's being hampered by a guy in a suit saying "no, you cant have a better server because it costs money"

Alot of people are saying that all of Cryptics games are being run from a single server. If thats true, its a pathetic state of affairs. Wether they are all run from a single server, or each have their own individual and obviously low quality server is poor business practice.
    In a time where hardware is readilly available at reasonable costs to meet the demands of paying customsers, how can PWE justify a stance which forces a developer to restrict their possiblities and drive customers away?

If I'm barking up the wrong tree, I'd like to know. But the prevelant issues and lack of information from those above leaves very little choice in speculation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    chris919ukchris919uk Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Pakled World Entertainment: Looking for things to make STO go since 2011.

We have found it: General Server Stability. We are strong now...

'Nough said ppl...

Ha ha hilarious. :D Ironically it really does fit, Looking at the wiki I can see the similarities.

Pakleds have underdeveloped verbal communication skills. Due to this, many people underestimate them, thinking that they are too intellectually challenged to be devious, which they use to their advantage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "You have not experienced Shakespeare until you have read him in the original Klingon, taH pagh, taH be"
  • Options
    auroragohauroragoh Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i can log in, but i can't get to my character selection screen..anyone else having this issue?
  • Options
    hoovergkmmchoovergkmmc Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sirricwin wrote: »

Alot of people are saying that all of Cryptics games are being run from a single server.

That would be one pretty amazing server...
  • Options
    snakeswar2snakeswar2 Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    right now they are doing maitenance and still not done with the maitenance
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Or a single 'not-so-amazing' server, consistent with its degradation after the introduction of Neverwinter.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    daemonhelddaemonheld Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    auroragoh wrote: »
    i can log in, but i can't get to my character selection screen..anyone else having this issue?

Servers are down for maintenance. Did you not see the big red box on the launcher?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    revlot wrote: »
    http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/perfect-world-announces-first-quarter-2013-unaudited-financial-results-209237311.html

BEIJING, May 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Perfect World Co., Ltd. (NASDAQ: PWRD) ("Perfect World" or the "Company"), a leading online game developer and operator based in China, today announced its unaudited financial results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2013.
    (Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20090416/CNTH023LOGO)
    First Quarter 2013 Highlights[1]
    Total revenues were RMB624.5 million (USD100.6 million), as compared to RMB679.9 million in 4Q12 and RMB718.5 million in 1Q12.
    Gross profit was RMB477.9 million (USD77.0 million), as compared to RMB522.6 million in 4Q12 and RMB591.4 million in 1Q12.
    Operating profit was RMB133.1 million (USD21.4 million), as compared to RMB12.4 million in 4Q12 and RMB234.8 million in 1Q12. Excluding the share-based compensation charge and the goodwill impairment, non-GAAP operating profit[2] was RMB149.8 million (USD24.1 million), as compared to RMB67.1 million in 4Q12 and RMB256.6 million in 1Q12.
    Net income attributable to the Company's shareholders was RMB131.0 million (USD21.1 million), as compared to RMB86.4 million in 4Q12 and RMB209.8 million in 1Q12. Excluding the share-based compensation charge and the goodwill impairment, non-GAAP net income attributable to the Company's shareholders[2] was RMB147.6 million (USD23.8 million), as compared to RMB141.1 million in 4Q12 and RMB231.6 million in 1Q12.
    Basic and diluted earnings per American Depositary Share ("ADS")[3] were RMB2.70 (USD0.44) and RMB2.69 (USD0.43), respectively, as compared to RMB1.79 and RMB1.78, respectively, in 4Q12, and RMB4.52 and RMB4.38, respectively, in 1Q12. Excluding the share-based compensation charge and the goodwill impairment, non-GAAP basic and diluted earnings per ADS[2] were RMB3.05 (USD0.49) and RMB3.03 (USD0.49), respectively, as compared to RMB2.92 and RMB2.90, respectively, in 4Q12, and RMB4.99 and RMB4.83, respectively, in 1Q12.

And they still can't afford to fix anything??? WOW.... TRIBBLE this, I'm cancelling my sub because they damn well don't need it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
  • Options
    emt27emt27 Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maintenance... no one can log on:D
    Say something relavant or hold your tongue
  • Options
    snakevorerulessnakevorerules Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well from the fact that when you log on and see friends playing other games on your friends list in game kinda says there all on same server and how you chat to them in that game from star trek online also kinda points it out..there on same server unless they ogt a software that links them all together like that
This discussion has been closed.