test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lobi Crystals should be account bound

Comments

• josegasparjosegaspar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anyone else agree? Having these character bound is a bit harsh

OP, I could NOT agree more with you. Character bound is crazy talk. I understand items being character/account bound...it is the economy. But the Lobi? This is too harsh.
  • corjetcorjet Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree with the Op. There was another poster on that first page that talked about PWE/Cryptic getting money for the keys... True to a large degree but, I myself have ground dili into keys :) Was it worth it? Nope! Opps! lol
  • kreugekreuge Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lobi should be account wide.
  • emt27emt27 Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    oh please tell me this is true... nope, just another dream
    Say something relavant or hold your tongue
  • mistressbenihimemistressbenihime Member Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anyone else agree? Having these character bound is a bit harsh

i agree. it doesn't matter what character found the lobi each of your characters should be able to spend it.

but then again i also think that once you unlock a tier in the reputation system it should also be account wide. we pay enough to get the items by doing the projects and the dilithium price in the unlock stores isn't exactly low either. just save us a dumb grind to get the tiers.

so i am pretty much pro account-wide resources. most of us play one main character anyway when we do occasionally play an alt we don't want to go unlock everything all over again. also what is wrong whit gathering lobies on my main and using them to pimp my alt?
    THE NEW CRAFTING SYSTEM IS TERRA-BAD
    First of all it's not even a crafting system! It's just a dumb game system that's nothing more than a glorified slots machine.
    second the "special items" you hope will be the saving the saving grace are messed up to.
  • seannewboyseannewboy Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes please, i totally agree.
    New home of the Romulan Republic.
    I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
    I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
    I find the drama of your signature proof of your immaturity, this means you, DR whiners.
  • mistressbenihimemistressbenihime Member Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    corjet wrote: »
    I agree with the Op. There was another poster on that first page that talked about PWE/Cryptic getting money for the keys... True to a large degree but, I myself have ground dili into keys :) Was it worth it? Nope! Opps! lol

while cripic may get money for the keys. lobi is somewhat of a by-product of opening lock-boxes. we all hope to get the Tal Shiar Adapted Destroyer when opening the boxes we don't hope to get lobies. they are a consolation prize! i send all the lock boxes to the character that i want to have the Tal Shiar Adapted Destroyer on so its steadily building up a supply of lobies. being able to spend those on any character will likely increase the value of lobies instead of decreasing it. there are 2 very good reasons why lobies should be account bound.

1 already paid for the keys! does it really matter what character spends the rewards? we want to pimp our alts whit our main characters excess lobies.
    2 you can move master-keys, lock-boxes and even the grand prizes between any of the characters on your account. why can't this be done whit lobies? i can send the boxes and master-keys to the character that needs the lobies and the grand price back to my main if i get it. its much easier to just send the lobies to the character that needs them instead of going through all this hassle!
    THE NEW CRAFTING SYSTEM IS TERRA-BAD
    First of all it's not even a crafting system! It's just a dumb game system that's nothing more than a glorified slots machine.
    second the "special items" you hope will be the saving the saving grace are messed up to.
  • graptorgraptor Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If the free lobis are the problem, make the free lobis character bound and the ones from the lockboxes account bound. easy peasy.

Really no excuse for this, especially with some of the lockbox items being bind on pickup.

What if I want rich dilithium claims on fed character 2, and a warrior's skirt on klink character 3? I get shafted. Neither the lobis nor the claims can be transferred, and the fed character, most assininely, cannot buy the skirt.

It's enough to make me just go back to ignoring the lockboxes entirely.

Edit:

Actually, since this is such BS, I think I'm going to avoid buying zen with dil for awhile too. I already was because of the price, but right now I don't care if it goes down to 50 dil per Z. Until I feel like I've made up for this stupidity, I'm not buying any.
  • rast1qqrast1qq Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Make lobi crystals able for exchange...It'll be fair for everybody......If not do only for account...people will enjoyed ;-)
    FaW+DEM+AtB in pvp = High score , no skill.
    PVP 2014 - Fawn00bs,Vapers and leavers...
  • dragasheindragashein Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree. We spend OUR money on lock-box keys to open the lock boxes. But more than the lobi, the damn dili mining claims need to be made account bind instead of character bind. I've got one toon with over 150 of the things, and sure as hell, would like to be able to spread them out amongst my toons.

-Edit- If we really want them to listen, we need to stop buying lock box keys until they listen. If the keys aren't getting them any income because we're demanding the lobi/dili mining claims be made account bound, then they start losing money because they're not listening to us.
  • mccarronxldmccarronxld Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd like it to be account bound simply because I forget which characters have Lobi and which ones don't. Seeing as Lockboxes are really an account investment rather than a player investment it would make sense for Lobi to be an account wide currency.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."
  • the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is a must actually.

This and all items bought from the fleet vendors and the dilithium vendors because lets face it this game is STILL not alt friendly. Cmon now, we should be able to gear our toons easily this shouldn't be a long drawn out process for anything other then reputation imo.
  • aexraelaexrael Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It should also ideally be listed under Assets instead of being an actual physical item. The Lobi you get from a pack can be boxed if it leads to confusion that the lobi automatically goes to Assets.
  • zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    +1 should be Account Bound.

I paid for it, let ME use it.

The only reason i ever open LockBoxes is to get the Lobi IF i want something that i can't get for EC from the Exchange.

<- "account bound on pickup" would not change a damn thing how many Keys i use or Boxes i only open them to get those specific same items. I don't *gamble*.

The one thing it would change: i could save up Lobi on one character, buy with that character and then send the items to the character who is supposed to USE it.

"Character bind on Pickup" for the same item: i do NOT open LockBoxes if i do not need the Lobi right now. I WAIT until i have the Ship and NEED/WANT the items.

-> good thing = Lobi Store is permanent, i am not forced to get those items while the LockBox is live anymore, i can just buy them as i get the Dil / Zen for it through normal gameplay.

No rush!

Result = i can't save up Lobi to get it while it's new.
    because i do not know on what Character i would need the next Lobi.

I do not open less Boxes because of it, but i have to be a lot more careful on which character i open stuff.

Worst Case Scenario: i want a new character for a new LockBox ship and need the Lobi items on that character (happened with my Ferengi Character -> bought D'Kora from exchange, started playing a Ferengi Char, when i was able to use the Ship i wanted the Lobi Set, started opening Boxes... got another D'Kora in the 2nd Gold Box... sold it
    for less EC than i paid because prices were falling over 2 weeks in between), bought the Shuttle... opened more boxes for Lobi until i had the Set complete and done.

Didn't really touch the Lobi Store since then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • psipsi Member Posts: 22
    edited May 2013
    /signed

At the very least, the items you buy off of the Lobi store should be account bound.

It's not like the ships we buy off the C-Store aren't already an account-wide unlock. We don't have to buy those for each alt on our account. Why do we have to deal with it for one-off Lobi items?
    edited May 2013
    Hello page 1. How are you doing.

I'd say there's definitely a case for introducing new people to lockboxes by making the Lobi Crystals account bound. People whom aren't opening them at the moment due to the character bound nature of the Lobi crystals.
  • knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Signed as well. Lobi should have been account bound from the beginning. As others state in this thread, lobi should also go into your assets like EC does. You pay for it so you should be able to do with it as you please on any character.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • arbiterx51arbiterx51 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Signed

If this is to become the new end game currency then it should be able to be moved about between my characters. So few drop, and so much RL money has to be spent to just to get enough to buy anything decent (say 40 boxes to get 200 lobi).

Also, increase lobi drops in boxes or make another means of earning them in game.
  • admiralthorr360admiralthorr360 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seriously Lobi's should be account bound. I'd like the freedom to be able to move them around. I think it's not too much to ask. I'd really like this yet doubt it will ever happen in my lifetime.
  • zenn3kzenn3k Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Would be nice!

I dropped my Fed toon for my new Romulan, have a decent amount of Lobi on my Fed toon.

Why should I pay for lockbox keys if I can't do what I want with the contents of the box?

I think you just lost a key buyer FOREVER. Lemme use my Lobi how I want, you already charging like 500+ for the best stuff and at 3-5 Lobi a box, when it costs about $1.50 a key, that means the most expensive stuff costs about $180+.

Pretty insane.
  • rainynrainyn Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wanted to throw in my support here, too. Lobi should be account bound.

As it is right now, I am discouraged from using lock boxes on alts. Unless I have bought everything I want on the Lobi store, it is much more beneficial to me to simply consolidate all of my keys and lock boxes on my main character. I actually had to weigh the decision to make an alt based on how much money I had invested on my main -- I felt discouraged from making another character, because I had so much Lobi on my main at the time.

I think that generally speaking, every dollar I spend should be invested in my account, not in an individual character. I feel more encouraged to spend more money when I know it can benefit any of the characters on my account. If I'm confident that my money won't be locked down on one character, then I'm more confident to make alts or switch mains, and more confident to spend money on all my characters. The more characters I make, the more likely I am to play more, which means more keys and lock boxes! Yay! Everyone wins!

Anyway, those are my scattered thoughts.
  • captainmikeccaptainmikec Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well id like to see lobi completely tradeable so it can be put on the exchange
    yea i know it will never happen, but here is my reasoning

i dont buy keys myself at all, never used even 1
    suppose i want something from the lobi store... well i just do without it which means no profit for cryptic
    if lobi was exchangeable i could buy lobi from other players, which would mean they in turn would open more boxes for more lobi to sell which means more $$ for cryptic
    as is... no lobi profit being generated from me
    "Tickle us, do we not laugh? Prick us, do we not bleed? Wrong us, shall we not revenge?"
    -General Chang
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well id like to see lobi completely tradeable so it can be put on the exchange
    yea i know it will never happen, but here is my reasoning

i dont buy keys myself at all, never used even 1
    suppose i want something from the lobi store... well i just do without it which means no profit for cryptic
    if lobi was exchangeable i could buy lobi from other players, which would mean they in turn would open more boxes for more lobi to sell which means more $$ for cryptic
    as is... no lobi profit being generated from me

still, someone somewhere paid for that lobi ship you buy off the exchange. so while not making it there in one jump, might be making it in a chain. unless those keys people sell to others to open boxes for the lobi are bought with stipened only zen cryptic will make a profit somewhere, so they dont see the need for something like this.
  • darkhorse281darkhorse281 Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lobi's should have never been made char bound in the first place so yes I agree make them account bound already. It only annoy's me that I cant transfer them and it make's me not want to participate. Get rid of the free ones, it's not enough to do anything with them anyways, and most toons I don't even collect them because they take up space and I know I wont start the box grind all over again on that toon. :rolleyes:
  • deadspacex64deadspacex64 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    agree, as currency, which it is, from ferengi (implied) no self respecting ferengi would cause currency to be bound and unspendable...the thought of millions who might have only one or 2 lobi and unable/unwilling to spend them is multi-millions lost in potential profit.

whereas if they were not bound, lobi would be flowing freely. in game logic, in the trek universes logic binding lobi was ridiculus from the start. the ONLY way it made sense was in cryptics cashflow logic.
    Dr. Patricia Tanis ~ "Bacon is for sycophants and products of incest."
    Donate Brains, zombies in Washington DC are starving.
  • illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Lobi are character bound, because if they (lobi) were account bound, then people could grind making characters to get the free starter lobi, transfer it, delete, and repeat until they had all the stuff in the lobi store.
  • catoblepasbetacatoblepasbeta Member Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    illcadia wrote: »
    Lobi are character bound, because if they (lobi) were account bound, then people could grind making characters to get the free starter lobi, transfer it, delete, and repeat until they had all the stuff in the lobi store.
    It would be increadibly inefficient to grind for that one measly lobi, transferring it, deleting the character, making another etc. It would be easier to just grind dilithium to zen and buy a key...
  • admiralthorr360admiralthorr360 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Weakest argument I've ever heard. That's seriously inefficient. Not to mention starter lobi could be classified as 'demonstration lobi' or something else so it would be character bound. So many ways around this small gripe and point. Yet... always someone who wants to throw in the smallest excuse to stand in the way of progress. No... I'm sorry your argument holds no mustard. Please try again.
    edited May 2013

We already countered this asinine argument pages ago, please read the thread before commenting.
  • cmdrskyfallercmdrskyfaller Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As long as cryptic/PW can keep up the lobi scam they will do so.

The real culprits are the people buying keys. Stop buying them for just a month until they make lobi account wide. Simple enough.