test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Account was TRIBBLE, cannont contact support or create a ticket

Ok so I am somewhat new to this STO MMO, I only started about a month ago. Sometime on Friday/Saturday my account was TRIBBLE and my main toons account was cleared of almost all of its weapons, items, energy credits, dilithium, and zen. In my first month i've purchased $100 of zen from cryptic so I AM A PAYING CUSTOMER. My issue is that after I changed my passwords and enabled the account guard(which should be on by default, cryptic should note that) I went to create a ticket on the support page to request my stolen items back. For some reason I am unable to use the support page to contact cryptic or create a support ticket. Every time I use click the link i get a browser error saying "problem loading page, this page isnt redirecting properly" Also on top of this I have attempted to create support tickets in game multiple times since saturday in an attempt to get a hold of somebody that can help. Every time Ive opened a in game ticket so far I get a ERROR.. Finally today I was able to create a in game ticket on my main toon, however after making the ticket i went to check the "View my tickets" area of the help sections WHICH SHOWED NO OPEN TICKETS. ingame ticket ID: #1,713,157 second in game ticket id #1,713,675

Needless to say I am extremely frustrated, I haven't been able to play my main toon since saturday and I dont even have access to my energy credits to buy items for my romulan toon ive been lvling in the mean time waiting for a repsonse for cryptic. I AM EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED, no other MMO I've played has ever made it this hard to recover my account after it was TRIBBLE.

What should I do??? Like i said their support page is not working for me, and i have been unable to contact any support in game. I am about to leave this game if this is taken care of in a timely manner.

CRYPTIC NEEDS TO CONTACT ME ASAP!!!

(I ALSO MADE THIS POST ON THE PERFECT WORLD TECH FORUM BUT HAVE ALSO NOT RECEIVED A RESPONSE FORM THERE)

im starting to think that customer support is non existent with this company and they are very close to losing my business...
Post edited by jerryguy on

Comments

• Options
    voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah GREAT way to make a first impression on your fellow gamers and REALLY great way to motivate them in helping you.

The forum community is very accepting and willing to help each other out, especially new players, but not when you're going to do something so immature as to post the same thing in every forum section.

THAT'S NOT HOW YOU GET PEOPLE TO HELP YOU!.

Now if you had bothered to search the forums before going on your rage across the entire forum you would have found there are multiple threads bother newer and older ones that have all the information you needed.

I'll post up the info you need this once, but if you're going to continue with childish bs on here then don't expect anyone to help you in the future.

If you think you have been TRIBBLE, submit a GM ticket with "TRIBBLE" as the title.

Players with PWE accounts can send in a ticket here: https://support.perfectworld.com/

Also, you can always send an email here: customerservice@perfectworld.com

Regardless of what method you use, the tickets are looked at by the same team and are reviewed in the order they are received.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jerryguy wrote: »
    Ok so I am somewhat new to this MMO, I only started about a month ago. Sometime on Friday/Saturday my account was TRIBBLE and my main toons account was cleared of almost all of its weapons, items, energy credits, dilithium, and zen. In my first month i've purchased $100 of zen from cryptic so I AM A PAYING CUSTOMER. My issue is that after I changed my passwords and enabled the account guard(which should be on by default, cryptic should note that) I went to create a ticket on the support page to request my stolen items back. For some reason I am unable to use the support page to contact cryptic or create a support ticket. Every time I use click the link i get a browser error saying "problem loading page, this page isnt redirecting properly" Also on top of this I have attempted to create support tickets in game multiple times since saturday in an attempt to get a hold of somebody that can help. Every time Ive opened a in game ticket so far I get a ERROR.. Finally today I was able to create a in game ticket on my main toon, however after making the ticket i went to check the "View my tickets" area of the help sections WHICH SHOWED NO OPEN TICKETS. ingame ticket ID: #1,713,157

Needless to say I am extremely frustrated, I haven't been able to play my main toon since saturday and I dont even have access to my energy credits to buy items for my romulan toon ive been lvling in the mean time waiting for a repsonse for cryptic. I AM EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED, no other MMO I've played has ever made it this hard to recover my account after it was TRIBBLE.

What should I do??? Like i said their support page is not working for me, and i have been unable to contact any support in game. I am about to leave this game if this is taken care of in a timely manner.

CRYPTIC NEEDS TO CONTACT ME ASAP!!! I WILL BE POSTING IN EVERY THREAD AND FORUM THAT I CAN FIND UNTIL I HEAR A RESPONSE FROM CRYPTIC, I HAVEN'T HEARD ANYTHING AND I AM SICK OF THIS, $100 AND A MONTH OF MY TIME DOWN THE DRAIN, HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO PLAY SINCE SATURDAY, ASK ME IF I AM A HAPPY CUSTOMER RIGHT NOW...
    If you want to contact customer service e-mail customerservice@perfectworld.com

Please note - that posting in every thread and forum about the same thing is considered spamming and against the forum rules :(. I can understand your disappointment and anger however that is not the way to get a response.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    alarikunalarikun Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    voicesdark wrote: »
    Players with PWE accounts can send in a ticket here: https://support.perfectworld.com/

Also, you can always send an email here: customerservice@perfectworld.com

Regardless of what method you use, the tickets are looked at by the same team and are reviewed in the order they are received.

The only thing that will actually work is emailing them... and getting a response is very debatable.

The support page linked above is, and has been broken for months (if not years), and very few (if any) people have been able to access it.

I recommend sending them an email, or trying to find a phone number for their support, and using that. It's the only way you're going to get any semblance of help at this point... my condolences.
    Original Join Date: January 2010
    Original Name: -Gen-Alaris
    Days Subscribed: 1211 (As of May 26, 2013)
  • Options
    grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    CRYPTIC NEEDS TO CONTACT ME ASAP!!! I WILL BE POSTING IN EVERY THREAD AND FORUM THAT I CAN FIND UNTIL I HEAR A RESPONSE FROM CRYPTIC, I HAVEN'T HEARD ANYTHING AND I AM SICK OF THIS, $100 AND A MONTH OF MY TIME DOWN THE DRAIN, HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO PLAY SINCE SATURDAY, ASK ME IF I AM A HAPPY CUSTOMER RIGHT NOW...

You do understand that this is a good way to get yourself banned from the STO Forums...
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/announcement.php?f=128&a=51
  • Options
    khanstruewrathkhanstruewrath Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the only way to get TRIBBLE these days is to download keylogging software (usually in the form of supposed hacks) or to have login info that is far too easy to figure out.

there isnt someone out there trying to crack cryptics server database for your info, its encrypted and even if they find the databank of logins and passwords would literally take months for them to decrypt with the best super computers on the planet.

so ya using login123 with password123 or downloading that supposed item/currency duping/god mode hack was a bad idea, shame on you.
    Romulus burned, untold billions died.
    It's the Tal'shiars doing, Sela lied.
    Vengeance is born, with eternal scorn.
    New Romulus rises.
  • Options
    psychickittypsychickitty Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    first off they don't contact you unless you send an email.

And secondly if you want faster response time you need to call them during their business hours.

You will probably need to have proof its your account via emails and registration codes and whatever.

aside form that should be simple to get your account back.

Power without Perception is Spiritually useless and therefore of no true value.

=^_^=

• Options
    commanderswancommanderswan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Probably best not to inflame argument and to make the situation any worse than it already is, after all this guy can't play the game we are enjoying. I'm glad that one person could offer assistance, and it's the same advice I would have given.

To the OP, I wish you all the luck getting your account issues resolved, a little patience is probably needed as there is a higher than usual volume of tickets at this time.
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited May 2013
    jerryguy

First - make sure none of your other online access uses the same username and password. If it does, change them immediately.

Second, contact PWE through thier website found here: http://www.perfectworld.com/

Sign in, and file a help ticket there. Explain the issue.

Third, Pray. Very few compromised accounts are recovered, and to be honest, I have yet to see an instance where PWE or CRYPTIC have assisted anyone. Entire fleets have been obliterated.

For the most part, password security is your problem, not Cryptic s or PWE. Hacking your account is difficult to near impossible (unless you're someone who does 12345678 or 'password'). Stealing your username and password from your computer is relatively easy with keyloging software.

If you have not already, acquire some good software - AVG is a great starting point. The have a free version which will get you started.
  • Options
    tarantatsuuchitarantatsuuchi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I feel for you, I also am waiting on a response to an account compromised ticket.

Though at the time mine was compromised account guard was pretty much useless. I had it enabled but that didn't help due to a very specific reason.

At the time, the email change verification was sent to the 'new' email and not the 'old' one. So they didn't need access to your email address to change it to theirs and then all the account guard notifications got sent to them.

Though, because of this, I was able to get my own account back, but I had already been cleaned out.

True that password protection is in the hands of the user under most circumstances, but that failure due to the email change was Cryptic/PWE's fault.
  • Options
    illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You won't get any help reporting a support issue like this in the shipbuilding forum. Try making this topic again in the right forum.
  • Options
    voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    alarikun wrote: »
    The only thing that will actually work is emailing them... and getting a response is very debatable.

The support page linked above is, and has been broken for months (if not years), and very few (if any) people have been able to access it.

I recommend sending them an email, or trying to find a phone number for their support, and using that. It's the only way you're going to get any semblance of help at this point... my condolences.

Actually you can use the support page, you just have to use http and not the secured https.

Considering how inconsiderate it was of him to plaster the entire forums with the same thread and obviously not searching the forums to be honest I just copied and pasted the least amount necessary.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member Posts: 471 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have few questions..

1. did you share with someone?
    2. did someone ask you to "visit" questionable website and may not know about key-logger
    3. is password hard or if not, some can guess your password too easy if you use same names in the game so they may look up.
    4. did you buy something with CC from 3-party sites that not approved by Cryptic?
    5. are you using PC camera? they may have been "zombified" by hackers to watch you typing password?

man, that awful to lose over 100 bucks just to be taken away.

what really recommended for you,...

Never share password or share same PC, someone in family may have beef with you.

create new password for email with 12-15 letters/numbers mix that is very hard, no names.

get AVG or Avast, or free "spybot" search and destroy program. those will tell you and will blocks unsafe website that has key-logger program hidden. there are some good programs and select that you likes, but avoid Norton and McAffee.
  • Options
    etaniranetaniran Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Something quite similar happened to me as well. Cryptic is taking forever to resolve these issues, sadly. At least my characters were restored, though I'm still waiting for ZEN, Dilithium, and NW Astral diamonds.

the only way to get TRIBBLE these days is to download keylogging software (usually in the form of supposed hacks) or to have login info that is far too easy to figure out.

You sir are clueless and naive. Plundering game accounts and selling the spoils has become a pretty big business with considerable money involved. And the methods used are far more insidious than merely hoping someone would be dumb enough to download supposed cheat software.

I vaguely remember STOWiki being infected by keyloggers hidden in their ad-banners, for instance. Or the german SWTOR RP platform - had to be taken down for quite some time when they suddenly found malware hidden all over it. Heck, my father's model train club homepage once got quietly changed by someone to have malicious inline frames.

Honestly, if you don't have the slightest clue about hacking incidents, just don't bother making claims like that.
  • Options
    equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I guess that's why Sony entertainment got a huge fine for losing customer data due to poor security methods.

Clicky
  • Options
    trevoriihulltrevoriihull Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    He has NOT said it would be the Cryptic/STO forum where it would be posted. It could be forums to every other MMORPG he plays. And that would be very bad press for Cryptic/PWE. I have to say I agree with him. A fleetmate of me had the same problem, it took three motnth to recreate the toon and then it weas the wrong one.........
  • Options
    asardetemplariasardetemplari Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok so I am somewhat new to this MMO, I only started about a month ago. Sometime on Friday/Saturday my account was TRIBBLE and my main toons account was cleared of almost all of its weapons, items, energy credits, dilithium, and zen. In my first month i've purchased $100 of zen from cryptic so I AM A PAYING CUSTOMER. My issue is that after I changed my passwords and enabled the account guard(which should be on by default, cryptic should note that) I went to create a ticket on the support page to request my stolen items back. For some reason I am unable to use the support page to contact cryptic or create a support ticket. Every time I use click the link i get a browser error saying "problem loading page, this page isnt redirecting properly" Also on top of this I have attempted to create support tickets in game multiple times since saturday in an attempt to get a hold of somebody that can help. Every time Ive opened a in game ticket so far I get a ERROR.. Finally today I was able to create a in game ticket on my main toon, however after making the ticket i went to check the "View my tickets" area of the help sections WHICH SHOWED NO OPEN TICKETS. ingame ticket ID: #1,713,157

Contact customer support with the link askray posted.

They'll get ya sorted out ^_^
    latest?cb=20160406061118&path-prefix=en

Dreadnought class. Two times the size, three times the speed. Advanced weaponry. Modified for a minimal crew. Unlike most Federation vessels, it's built solely for combat.
  • Options
    jelly0jelly0 Member Posts: 560 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would recommend you download "Malwarebytes" free software and the only difference to paid is that there is no active protection but you can scan, detect and then get rid of anything that may be lurking on your system.
  • Options
    xcom43xcom43 Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sounds to me that the players account system that are TRIBBLE.You guys and girls need to fix your email account that is linked with PWE.This is one possibility be cause the only way that i know of to get into game is the game account guard system that gives you a 5 or 6 digit pass code from your email that is linked with PWE.

So to me it sounds like your Email has been compromised.In many ways this is not PWE fault.

Be cause PWE games now have a account guard system that makes sure this does not happen.Has not happened to me yet and i have been playing for over 3 years now.
    The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
  • Options
    malwizmalwiz Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    askray wrote: »
    If you want to contact customer service e-mail customerservice@perfectworld.com

Please note - that posting in every thread and forum about the same thing is considered spamming and against the forum rules :(. I can understand your disappointment and anger however that is not the way to get a response.

To be fair, there is no way to get a response from PWE support. They ignore tickets sent to that address you linked, and submitted on the site.
  • Options
    tarantatsuuchitarantatsuuchi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xcom43 wrote: »
    Sounds to me that the players account system that are TRIBBLE.You guys and girls need to fix your email account that is linked with PWE.This is one possibility be cause the only way that i know of to get into game is the game account guard system that gives you a 5 or 6 digit pass code from your email that is linked with PWE.

So to me it sounds like your Email has been compromised.In many ways this is not PWE fault.

Be cause PWE games now have a account guard system that makes sure this does not happen.Has not happened to me yet and i have been playing for over 3 years now.

Well, I pointed out in my previous post...

At the time mine was compromised the email change verification was sent to the new email address, not the old one. Meaning all the end user got was a notification that the email had been changed. That is it.

After that, all the account guard stuff was sent to the new email of the person who 'TRIBBLE' the account. That was a fault of PWE/Cryptic.
  • Options
    asches1asches1 Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    btw: if you've been TRIBBLE, i dont think anybody on any forum can/will help you. it's a GM thing or customer support. but i understand why you posted here (i guess because nobody at cryptic cares about your problem)...
    Everybody looks right, but you pass left...
  • Options
    malwizmalwiz Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Or anyone elses problem. Customer Support from PWE is a myth, doesn't exist.