test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

tal shiar lockbos: hakeevs flagship ? (text localization issue)

thedragon1976thedragon1976 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
anyone opened this box named hakeevs flagship ?
what the hell is this ? i have read the complete faq of the new lockbox but didnt find anything about this weird thing.
its described as a ship with 5.000.000 !!! hull ... 2,5 shieldmod... every boffstation at commander, 6 weapons fore and 6 aft ... Oo
Post edited by thedragon1976 on

Comments

• johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what the hell is this ? i have read the complete faq of the new lockbox but didnt find anything about this weird thing.
    its described as a ship with 5.000.000 !!! hull ... 2,5 shieldmod... every boffstation at commander, 6 weapons fore and 6 aft ... Oo

Pics or it didn't happen.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • redsnake721redsnake721 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So you are saying that you have this ship as a reward box? Have you opened it? That ship is a Boss ship from the Romulan story missions. It should not be a player "playable" ship. I suspect this is a Troll post.
  • thedragon1976thedragon1976 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    if you dont believe me pictures will follow, but i?m at work at the moment... you?ll have to wait 2-3 hours

and thanks for calling troll post if you dont have any knowledge about the subject -.-

i did not open it because i don?t know if this is true what is described or it is maybe only a typo in the german client version ...
  • redsnake721redsnake721 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anyone that has spent time on this Forum has grown to not trust some of the things that are posted here, It's nothing personal just they way it is.
  • istianisistianis Member Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    You get the stats by right click and selecting info.
  • tankred3tankred3 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hakevxe0s7yf8mn.jpg
  • savnokasavnoka Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Looks legit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It needs to be opened to be certain.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Yeah, and that's actually pretty worrying - assuming that those stats are maintained on opening! Though those who've always wanted an 'I win' button would probably wet themselves over it, we do NOT need grossly overpowered nonsense like that. floating around!

Emphasis on the floating. Turn rate of 1, impulse modifier 0.01. It's not going anywhere (assuming this isn't anything more than an epicly faked pic).
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's just a German Translation Bug ... nothing to see here :P
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • eisenw0lfeisenw0lf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ze Germans! And they built a Borgified Romulan Space Bismarck!

Ridiculous stats, combined with a turnrate of 1. Have fun making a 180 degree turn. Probably takes an hour or so.

I'm also amazed by the german translation in general. Nero is shouting 'ALLES ABFEUERN!' in the german version of Star Trek 2009 and not 'FEUER ALLES' which doesn't even make much sense, considering it's supposed to be an order to his entire bridge crew. I'm glad I chose english language for STO.
    edited May 2013
    It's just a German Translation Bug ... nothing to see here :P

Most likely case. I looked it up too on the exchange like this screenshot showed. No such ship appeared.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
  • hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Console - Universal - FIRE EVERYTHING!

I'm assuming it's actually the the destroyer for that.

I'm still randomly getting German tooltips and subtitles here and there in game, maybe I'll get lucky and see if it's actually just a translation bug.
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, there's no ship like that showing up when I looked at the exchange either. It's a bug or a phony photo.

And there's no mention of such a ship is listed as a reward in the lockboxes.

It would be interesting if they had hidden ships.
  • lidius2lidius2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can confirm that the screenshot is not a fake. Change your game language in the launcher to german, login and then search for that ship on exchange. It does not appear in the english version, neither with the german name or the english translation. Can?t test it in the french one. Because i have no idea what the french translation would be.

I think its a false translation, but what ship is in that box? Maybe someone could buy that thing on tribble (if its there too) and take a look?
    edited May 2013
    lidius2 wrote: »
    I can confirm that the screenshot is not a fake. Change your game language in the launcher to german, login and then search for that ship on exchange. It does not appear in the english version, neither with the german name or the english translation. Can?t test it in the french one. Because i have no idea what the french translation would be.

I think its a false translation, but what ship is in that box? Maybe someone could buy that thing on tribble (if its there too) and take a look?

Don't need to buy it, just need to note a few exchange prices before switching. Doing that, it appears to be the adapted destroyer, which was my guess from the console name.

Edit: The battlecruiser appears to also have a translation bug. After finding it on the exchange, it appears to keep its English tooltip in German.
  • ironmakoironmako Member Posts: 770 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I really hope its a bug, but them again, the germans use the same numerics as the english, so why the massive Hull points and all the other details? That is stuff that cannot get lost in translation.
  • stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ironmako wrote: »
    I really hope its a bug, but them again, the germans use the same numerics as the english, so why the massive Hull points and all the other details? That is stuff that cannot get lost in translation.

I'd put my money on the German localization person/team sneaking in a practical joke.
  • scurry5scurry5 Member Posts: 1,554 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, looks like a translation bug. I did the language shuffle, and these "Hakeevs Flagschiffe" seem to match up with the Adapted Destroyer. The stats are also switched.

Screenshots:

English:
    http://imgur.com/ZnUpydB

German:
    http://imgur.com/SlPsB5O

Didn't really expect it myself.
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    oh wow the german version is a personal space station.... 5mil hp and if i understand it enough.... 6 forward weapons and 6 aft weapons? might have crappy shields and moves very slowly, but damn that thing would likely kill any attacker before it could put a dent in it. lol.

not to mention all commanders, with 6 of each console type. lol, now people are going to ***** "bait and switch" :p
  • aexraelaexrael Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ironmako wrote: »

Actually a common error between US developers and EU numerical systems, is the way numbers are written.

US: 5,000,000.00
    EU: 5.000.000,00

Something getting botched in translation isn't at all surprising, let alone the numbers. Though this "flagschiffe" seems quite extreme in translation errors.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,233 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Most likely case. I looked it up too on the exchange like this screenshot showed. No such ship appeared.
    It has to be a fake. It looks reasonably convincing until you read the other text in the ship description. It has dummy placeholder text in certain spots. Such as "schiffsbeschreibung hier" this translates to "ship description here".

And yeah, the stats are ridiculous....
    5 million hull
    shield modifier of 2.5
    350,000 crew
    6 fore, 6 aft weapons
    6 device slots
    1 Tac, 1 eng, 1 Sci, and 1 universal commander
    6 console slots of each type
    turn rate of 1
    impulse modifier of .01 (not sure if this is a slow as you would think though the game has a glitchy display of impulse modifiers and when not moving shows them like this)

(that or the ingame translation is a joke)
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • urniv821urniv821 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lol if anyone thinks this is real they are dense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Your Javelin deals 125417 (89066) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Tholian Recluse. > lol
  • urniv821urniv821 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Yeah.... thanks for that insightful comment. Now go and read the rest of the thread please.

no need to be a nasty as s
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Your Javelin deals 125417 (89066) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Tholian Recluse. > lol
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It has to be a fake. It looks reasonably convincing until you read the other text in the ship description. It has dummy placeholder text in certain spots. Such as "schiffsbeschreibung hier" this translates to "ship description here".

(that or the ingame translation is a joke)

It's not a fake and yes ingame translation is a joke ... that's why I wouldn't ever dream of playing the German Client (although I'm German ...)

Here is another example : "Elachi Walker" = "Elachi Spaziergaenger" ("Spaziergaenger" = "pedestrian" / "promenader" [to go for a walk]) ... my guess is Google Translate !?!
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • heavygunx00heavygunx00 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013

i jast look it up in game this guy is making it all up the 1 ship that wold be close to this stats is a Non-Playable Ship called I.R.W. Valdore assimilated Scimitar Dreadnought http://sto.gamepedia.com/I.R.W._Valdore and it well not be a player ship but i hope the Scimitar Dreadnought http://sto.gamepedia.com/Scimitar_Dreadnought well be a player ship later in the Years but for them to add the Scimitar Dreadnought as a player ship thay have to nerf the stats so it not Mega Op to where it cant be ever killed in pvp becus it take 5 ships or more to beat a Lv 50 Scimitar Dreadnought

but any way thedragon1976 that is a Photoshop imeg so dont lie becus i know it all i have ways to find any thing out for STO im good friend with a high up People
  • walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i jast look it up in game this guy is making it all up the 1 ship that wold be close to this stats is a Non-Playable Ship called I.R.W. Valdore assimilated Scimitar Dreadnought http://sto.gamepedia.com/I.R.W._Valdore and it well not be a player ship but i hope the Scimitar Dreadnought http://sto.gamepedia.com/Scimitar_Dreadnought well be a player ship later in the Years but for them to add the Scimitar Dreadnought as a player ship thay have to nerf the stats so it not Mega Op to where it cant be ever killed in pvp becus it take 5 ships or more to beat a Lv 50 Scimitar Dreadnought

but any way thedragon1976 that is a Photoshop imeg so dont lie becus i know it all i have ways to find any thing out for STO im good friend with a high up People

Read the thread. It looks like it's just a bug in the German translation of the Adapted Destroyer. The ship doesn't actually have those stats, the lockbox just indicates it does.

So go turn your client to German language and test for yourself...
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sound's more likely of an upcoming Boss you have to fight, but the stat's were put onto this ship in German for some unknown reason :/
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• heavygunx00heavygunx00 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ok i jast dont like people lie-ing on a game becus it gits people mad and messis thing up for all players
    edited May 2013
    aexrael wrote: »
    Actually a common error between US developers and EU numerical systems, is the way numbers are written.

US: 5,000,000.00
    EU: 5.000.000,00

Something getting botched in translation isn't at all surprising, let alone the numbers. Though this "flagschiffe" seems quite extreme in translation errors.

More than just extreme. 39,000 got translated into 5.000.000, 4 and 3 both got translated into 6, among other errors. These aren't simple common errors in numbering systems - it uses the proper syntax and everything.

To me, everything about it points to correct translation but incorrect source.

Ridiculous numbers are a common database/programmer tool for placeholders - they won't create fatal errors that can prevent other work from being done, and when making a final pass they'll stand out, and if they're missed the mistake will have a massive effect on the final product, drawing attention to the issue immediately. Particularly with the "Ship Description Here" text, it's more likely the localization team got some placeholder data and had to go ahead with it.