test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

tal shiar lockbos: hakeevs flagship ? (text localization issue)

2»

Comments

• thewolfsterthewolfster Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is almost certainly in-development placeholder text that was never updated for the German localisation. Not only are the stats ridiculous (a common thing for placeholder stuff is jokes and/or obvious hyperbole) but Hakeev's flagship in live LoR is the cruiser and not the destroyer.
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So you are saying that you have this ship as a reward box? Have you opened it? That ship is a Boss ship from the Romulan story missions. It should not be a player "playable" ship. I suspect this is a Troll post.
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Agreed - almost definitely trolling, and the three-post wonder hasn't returned to substantiate his claim.

And if not, and by some miracle that thing DID pop out of a lockbox, I doubt that the Dev's would allow anyone to keep it.
    It's not trolling, it's called being a noob. Noobs claim to know more about the game in question than they actually do, usually to look 'pro'. Trolls however use plausibly believable claims to upset the targets. This is more along the lines of what a noob would do.
  • urniv821urniv821 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Well, saying that anyone who believed it is 'dense' was hardly nice either, but let's leave it at that.

*facepalm* :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Your Javelin deals 125417 (89066) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Tholian Recluse. > lol
  • eisenw0lfeisenw0lf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's not a fake and yes ingame translation is a joke ... that's why I wouldn't ever dream of playing the German Client (although I'm German ...)

Here is another example : "Elachi Walker" = "Elachi Spaziergaenger" ("Spaziergaenger" = "pedestrian" / "promenader" [to go for a walk]) ... my guess is Google Translate !?!

The german translation is absolutely hilarious.

The emote 'laugh' which then generates the line 'X laughs about Y's antics' is translated in the german version as 'X lacht ueber Y's Antiquitaeten' (lit. 'X laughs about Y's antiques'). Yeah ... not even Google Translate is so bad.
  • otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Translation bug or not, I want that ship :P

That way we could lay waste to the Borg, and pay em back for those darned "I win" invisitorps of death :D

But yeah, those stats seems very unlikely, even for end game STF boss ships...
  • rainmotorsportsrainmotorsports Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The thing is the ship is what Hakeev developed into his flagship. His flagship was under constant modification with borg technology. As with all playable versus NPC setups the stats and config are not actually related.

By Mind Games it was no longer a D'Deridex. I did notice the German name and had a chuckle. Not sure why they decided to identify it by its original identity and not the player ship name.

http://sto.de.perfectworld.eu/news/?p=133491
    In reference to the Lockbox Destroyer "The first of these ships is a variant of Hakeevs starship"
    In reference to the Lobi Cruiser "Because of its advanced technology, the Khnial class (named after Hakeevs flagship) and access to the sensors analysis."

Hakeevs Flagschiff should be the Lobi ship name and the lockbox ship is the variant of said ship.
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    eisenw0lf wrote: »
    The german translation is absolutely hilarious.

The emote 'laugh' which then generates the line 'X laughs about Y's antics' is translated in the german version as 'X lacht ueber Y's Antiquitaeten' (lit. 'X laughs about Y's antiques'). Yeah ... not even Google Translate is so bad.
    I don't know if they changed that, but the french translation of "suppressing fire" (the tac skill) was translated "suppression des incendies" as in removing a fire, a blaze, like a fireman would do. It was quite funny.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]