test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to "buy" The liftime subscritption

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
I am unable to select the lifetime subscription offer even tough i have a pre-orderd status froma retailer that is in the list for pre-orders. (12game.com)

I would like to have the lifetime subscription and also the extra's that are added with the current offer. Is there a way to access this?

Hope to hear about this soon since the offer is only a few more days before it will be over.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Have you activated your pre-order code cause if not you cannot buy the lifetime sub....
    edited January 2010
    Have you activated your pre-order code cause if not you cannot buy the lifetime sub....

My current status is:
    Activated Features
    Star Trek Online - Preorder
    Wrath of Khan Admiral's Uniform

And I have pre-orderd the game.
    edited January 2010
    Unless there sold out or they have tech problems on there end....I bought my Lifetime sub about 11pm est last night,
    edited January 2010
    DAK13 wrote: »
    Unless there sold out or they have tech problems on there end....I bought my Lifetime sub about 11pm est last night,

I was unable to get the liftime from the start. I have tried it the moment I got the newsletter.
    edited January 2010
    I was unable to get the liftime from the start. I have tried it the moment I got the newsletter.

Sorry....not sure why.....have you submitted a tech ticket??
    edited January 2010
    I have the same situation, it always tells me subscription service is down. This has been 3 days now and I made a service ticket that is unanswered. Lifetime or 12 months - always same small red error message on top of account screen. As I have been playing in the Beta, have the "deluxe" preorder bought via Steam this shouldn't be a problem. One thought I have though is that could this somehow be related to Steam purchase vs. "disc purchase".

Still - I guess it is refreshing that there is a company that does not want my money. The preorder offer stops at 1st February and by then I guess I have either succeeded or shall give the whole game up. A pity though. But I was planning to play this game for over 2 years or not at all.
    edited January 2010
    DAK13 wrote: »
    Sorry....not sure why.....have you submitted a tech ticket??

I am unable to create tickets on the website. The only method I was able to create a Ticket was ingame (which I tried and not have gotten a real answer just that there looking at it).
    edited January 2010
    I have the same situation, it always tells me subscription service is down. This has been 3 days now and I made a service ticket that is unanswered. Lifetime or 12 months - always same small red error message on top of account screen. As I have been playing in the Beta, have the "deluxe" preorder bought via Steam this shouldn't be a problem. One thought I have though is that could this somehow be related to Steam purchase vs. "disc purchase".

Still - I guess it is refreshing that there is a company that does not want my money. The preorder offer stops at 1st February and by then I guess I have either succeeded or shall give the whole game up. A pity though. But I was planning to play this game for over 2 years or not at all.

I´ve got exactly the same problem, except I´ve tried to order lifetime sub for a week now. Always that same message "sub service is down". Called my bank a week ago and no problem there. Send two tickets to support, but no answers. Agree, that it`s a pity. It seems that I`m not be able to buy lifetime sub on time. Well, fortunately I`ve also got Mass Effect 2 preorder, so I`ve got something to play.
    edited January 2010
    Every time I try to purchase the lifetime sub, it keeps declining my American Express card.
    edited January 2010
    this can only be handles through a phone call or a ticket. You wont get account/billing help on the forums.
    edited January 2010
    tedgp123 wrote: »
    this can only be handles through a phone call or a ticket. You wont get account/billing help on the forums.

Well, if that is the case that support forums are not for all customer support, hmm... Then I think I shall wait if they handle the ticket in time (before end of the offer) as English is not my native language and I am not too enthuastic in solving stuff via expensive overseas cellphone calls anyway. :(

But if they do not handle the problem/ticket early enough, I may just have to congratulate myself that I have saved loads of money and earned a lot of free time in the process. :cool:
    edited January 2010

If i could find the number to dial i would do so, altough i could not find a number for that.
    edited January 2010
    Tried to pay for the lifetime subscription this morning and the site just wont accept the purchase but my card gets charged €1 every time I try:(
    edited January 2010

How many times are you going to post this exact same comment in multiple threads? We don't expect Cryptic to address our individual billing issues in the forums. Our goal is to make them aware that some people are unable to purchase lifetime subs with their credit cards so they can fix it.

For those who are unable to purchase the lifetime sub with their credit cards, do the following, if you're able. Open a PayPal account (free to do so) and add your credit card to your PayPal. Then, purchase the lifetime sub with PayPal, and PayPal will use your credit card to pay for the transaction. It's a much more secure method to pay for online transactions. I did this for my American Express card (STO website wouldn't accept it), and it worked flawlessly.
    edited January 2010
    How many times are you going to post this exact same comment in multiple threads? We don't expect Cryptic to address our individual billing issues in the forums. Our goal is to make them aware that some people are unable to purchase lifetime subs with their credit cards so they can fix it.

For those who are unable to purchase the lifetime sub with their credit cards, do the following, if you're able. Open a PayPal account (free to do so) and add your credit card to your PayPal. Then, purchase the lifetime sub with PayPal, and PayPal will use your credit card to pay for the transaction. It's a much more secure method to pay for online transactions. I did this for my American Express card (STO website wouldn't accept it), and it worked flawlessly.

Just tried this and it worked perfectly :) Thanks for the help mate :)
    edited January 2010

I purchased the Deluxe edition from Steam, and was able to purchase the Lifetime Sub.
    edited January 2010

Thanks did just that and now I have the lifetime subscription in order. So if you want the lifetime acco, that seems to be the only option for some of us.
    edited January 2010

Thanks for the tip! Paid lifetime sub with paypal. Now a week full of worries is over.
    edited January 2010

The problem for me is that I cannot even select a payment option. I have the problem that it continues to show me the list of resellers. I cannot even add payment information on my account itself.
    edited January 2010
    The problem for me is that I cannot even select a payment option. I have the problem that it continues to show me the list of resellers. I cannot even add payment information on my account itself.

Have you already pre-purchased the game? If not, then you can't purchase the lifetime sub until you have.
    edited January 2010
    Have you already pre-purchased the game? If not, then you can't purchase the lifetime sub until you have.

I have pre-orderd the game (as you can look at one of my earlyer posts in this thread).
    edited January 2010
    I made ticket about the issue couple days ago.. no replies yet... and time is soon running out for life time sub.. thats why ppl are talking in here, because they havent had feedback.
    edited January 2010
    was down for a bit, but its up now, just bought mine
    edited January 2010
    I have the same problem, I get credit card error, BUT I do get tha charge on my credit card.
    An hour wait on hold and opened 2 tickets, I hope that is enough to fix it by Monday night but then I lose the headstart for borg.
    edited January 2010
    lnquisitor wrote: »
    I have the same problem, I get credit card error, BUT I do get tha charge on my credit card.
    An hour wait on hold and opened 2 tickets, I hope that is enough to fix it by Monday night but then I lose the headstart for borg.

Why not just pay via PayPal?
    edited February 2010
    I managed to get the lifetime sub on my card but it seems that i paid for 3 of them. waiting for a reply about it so i can get refunded.

Dont click on submit more than once and the account status takes a few minutes to update.. :confused:
    edited February 2010
    My current status is:
    Activated Features

And I have pre-orderd the game.

I'm:
    Activated Features
    Star Trek Online Open beta access

however despite purchasing life on 1/23, still don't have it- and no admiral uniform...... does that at least work for you?
    edited February 2010
    my understanding is that the uniform wont work till you have the full version aka none pre-order

Im sure we will find out then. :o) see you in there. :D
  • titanicboy2titanicboy2 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Whenever i go to buy a lifetime sub I put in my information, it tells me to log in again, and then it takes me back to the "imput info" page so i imput my info again and it tells me to log in again so i do and the same thing happens again. any idea what's going on?
    :confused: