test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

More Nukara Marks please

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Reputation System
Dear Cryptic Dev Team, could you please increase the Nukara Marks?
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• Options
    sandrockzersandrockzer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I second this the Rep grind is bad enough
  • Options
    khanstruewrathkhanstruewrath Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you get nukara marks just as fast as new romulus marks
    Romulus burned, untold billions died.
    It's the Tal'shiars doing, Sela lied.
    Vengeance is born, with eternal scorn.
    New Romulus rises.
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you get nukara marks just as fast as new romulus marks

In what alternate reality? :rolleyes:

In a few short days, you can farm 400 Romulan Marks just by Epohh tagging. So tell me, where is the Nukara version?

Or how you can get 60-75 Marks by doing Sector Patrol Dailies. Where is the Nukara version?
  • Options
    sdkraustsdkraust Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In what alternate reality? :rolleyes:

In a few short days, you can farm 400 Romulan Marks just by Epohh tagging. So tell me, where is the Nukara version?

Or how you can get 60-75 Marks by doing Sector Patrol Dailies. Where is the Nukara version?

CE, Vault Ensnared and ANR?

I mean the latter two are stupidly easy.
  • Options
    lake1771lake1771 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    stupid easy and also too slow to be entertaining to have to do every day.

more nukara marks please
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sdkraust wrote: »

Those Events don't even come close to the amount of marks you get for doing Epohhs. 400 Romulan Marks for doing a few minutes of work over a few days. While you are suggesting mind-numbing grinds of 3 Events for roughly 25 stupid Marks. Serious it's the second most Boring thing in STO, second to DSE camping.

Then having to repeat that multiple times for every character that you are doing reputation grinding.........seriously typing this, I want to bash my head in the wall.
  • Options
    sdkraustsdkraust Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Actually change my mind on this, getting 30 Nukara Marks (at the very most) for 15 minutes of work is abyssmal when you need to buy a 500 Nukara Mark item from the Rep.

Same exact reason why I gave up on all of the Romulan Reputation. Tried Eppoh tagging once and I only got 2 Tags, and you need way more than 2 tags to get the 400 Marks from that.
  • Options
    jagdhippiesjagdhippies Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    A thousand times yes, at a measly 24 marks a pop I am having enough 'give a TRIBBLE' to get one toon through the reputation. I am not even going to consider the gear. I would have to run like what 40-50 dailies just for 1 piece of mk xii space gear? TRIBBLE that! Elite STFs earn a minimum of 60 marks, can be done hourly, and give decent loot. In fact about half of the time I run an elite STF I leave with 75 marks.
    My carrier is more powerful than your gal-dread
  • Options
    papertoastypapertoasty Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    and on top of this, just did a azure rescue . . . the evil thing only spawned 6-7 ships in the 12 min

got a pitiful 16 marks

2 days ago, it was spawning more ships than the team, could rescue

i smell another stealth nerf
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    tyraidd wrote: »
    /Signed +1.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    aussiejamaussiejam Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Maybe make elite versions of Vault Ensnared and ANR.
    Getting sick of doing these constantly. Boring.
  • Options
    rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited June 2013

I would say making rewards "mark of choice" is a better solution.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • Options
    kriss257kriss257 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    what we need is more Nukara marks missions. Give us Nukara marks choice in 2 new Romulan marks missions! New shuttle mission and ground engenering room in PvE. I only try ths 2 bcs i dont need romulan/fleet marks and they are great.
    preaty please.

And incrise Nukara marks in Nukara ground arena! And why is there no more fleet marks on Nukara!!:mad:
    Give us fleet marks back or incriese amount of nukara marks!:cool:
    10Chars and I play them ALL.

76561198045166665.png
  • Options
    malkarrismalkarris Member Posts: 797 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think most people would love some new STFs that awarded Romulan and Nukara marks and dilithium like the borg ones do. Hey, I'd be satasified with just the marks, but the repuataion systems isn't about getting you new toys, its about slowing you down so that you spend more time in the game. They couldn't change the old STFs much because the entire player base would rage. But you can bet that no future reputation system will ever be as good as Omega is.
    Joined September 2011
    Nouveau riche LTS member
  • Options
    mongomongo Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    yup needs to be upped.
  • Options
    tcostiktcostik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Tried Eppoh tagging once and I only got 2 Tags, and you need way more than 2 tags to get the 400 Marks from that.

This is why you team up for epohh tagging. You only need to get 30 in order to get the max rewards. That's stupidly easy even with just a couple other people.
  • Options
    oridjerraaoridjerraa Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Nukara is by far more a tedious mind numbing grind than anything resembling Romulan or Omega faction.

Running the 3(then 4 with the release of Onslaught)elite space stf's with the fleet rewarded a min of 3000ish dil, and 150 marks, and most of all it's fun-especially when chatting with friends while doing it.

Romulan was more solo oriented, but still easy to obtain marks, with or without bunny tagging. As a big fan of Mine Trap, I was sorely disappointed I no longer have the free time to play it because I need no Romulan or Fleet marks.

My suggestion is place an NPC into the game that will convert one type of Mark to another. Let the player, not the game, dictate what they want to play.
  • Options
    vindricusvindricus Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I would say making rewards "mark of choice" is a better solution.

I second this suggestion.
  • Options
    martin1970giesenmartin1970giesen Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Yes we need more marks, no there is no way i would now ever grind Nakura marks for gear, if you fix the marks it will be a option.
    My suggestion is place an NPC into the game that will convert one type of Mark to another. Let the player, not the game, dictate what they want to play.
    This would be better.
    Keybind: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=9355971&postcount=463
    Bone1970 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac.
    Bone Trader don't belief in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac.
    Bone2 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. KDF Eng.
    Warning: Not a native English-speaker, sorry if my English sucks.
  • Options
    tiggychantiggychan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Grinding epohh daily is still faster.
    +100000 Nukara Boost please
  • Options
    snipe048snipe048 Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    oridjerraa wrote: »
    Nukara is by far more a tedious mind numbing grind than anything resembling Romulan or Omega faction.

Running the 3(then 4 with the release of Onslaught)elite space stf's with the fleet rewarded a min of 3000ish dil, and 150 marks, and most of all it's fun-especially when chatting with friends while doing it.

Romulan was more solo oriented, but still easy to obtain marks, with or without bunny tagging. As a big fan of Mine Trap, I was sorely disappointed I no longer have the free time to play it because I need no Romulan or Fleet marks.

^^^This x1000 This!

Founder and Current CO of Gamma Strike Force

Player since December 2009
  • Options
    vindricusvindricus Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Why not just make all missions with mark rewards yield Choice of Marks?

They already have the infrastructure in place to do that. It seems like the path of least resistance to just expand it.
  • Options
    seansamurai1seansamurai1 Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Doesnt the Nukura rep have a 20 hour cooldown? Ive only ever been able to max out at 30 marks once per day, which is pathetic really. tier 2 on its own means you cant fill the projects in less than 3 days!
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As far as I can tell nakura marks are not affected by the bonus hours? at the very least CE is not as I get 25 no matter what time of the day I do it.

We really need a tholian stf that will provide that 75-130 marks. some kind of sector block patrol made up of 3 or 4 small patrol missions for 60 odd would be nice too.

also any chance of getting a general mark boost like the fleet mark boost?
  • Options
    mrkollinsmrkollins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    More Nukara Marks please
    Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    starsvoidstarsvoid Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    oridjerraa wrote: »

I really like your suggestion of a converter but I feel Rom marks are too easy to get with the space bunnies which would TRIBBLE up the rest of it. That aside, while it seems like a great systems design choice, it doesn't feel like a good thematic choice. I'm torn.

I think the bottom line is that we the playerbase want more end-game, STF-type content - but right now, according to DSTahl's latest words, Cryptic's all seven kinds of serious about bugfixing. Which I am DEFINITELY okay with!

Let's just be patient for a bit.
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As far as I can tell nakura marks are not affected by the bonus hours? at the very least CE is not as I get 25 no matter what time of the day I do it...
    I've noticed that too. I very specifically run CE during the Bonus Mark Event and always only get 25 (from Normal). I have run some Nukura missions during hte Event Hour, and I've found that the bonus is applied to some of those (like the Hard Int/Ext missions), but it seems like it's not applied to all of them. It may be cuz the rewards are so small (5-10 Marks for some of the Easy ones) that adding the bonus doesn't even get to +1. :rolleyes:
    We really need a tholian stf that will provide that 75-130 marks. some kind of sector block patrol made up of 3 or 4 small patrol missions for 60 odd would be nice too.
    /Signed +1 Zillion!!!!
    also any chance of getting a general mark boost like the fleet mark boost?
    This would be lovely, too! Yes, please.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You also have Nukera ground, so there is plenty of variety already. The only thing that really needs fixing, IMO, is the [Hard] ground missions need to have their cooldown changed to 30 min. Those only give 15 marks each and you must have a good-sized team to do them, so they should have the same cooldown as the space events.