Install Arc
Options

More Nukara Marks please

2»

Comments

• Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You also have Nukera ground, so there is plenty of variety already...
    Not much "variety" - Just running in small circles, shooting lots hyper-respawning Tholians with little rhyme, reason, tactics, nor teamwork needed. You get a tuppence-worth of marks for all that harried effort, and at least some of those missions don't seem to give bonus marks during Event Hours.
    ...The only thing that really needs fixing, IMO, is the [Hard] ground missions need to have their cooldown changed to 30 min...
    Agreed. Having to wait a day (20hrs) to run a 15-mark mission is silly (especially compared to an eSTF that grants 75+ marks (and more, including dilithium) and can be run 1x per hour).

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i would like a new event to do for them grinding the same old missions that i did before, for rommy marks is boring
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    captainbaileycaptainbailey Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Nukara rep is a joke, the missions for marks are a joke, and the measly marks you get from said missions are even more of a joke. Who didn't do their job and forgot to look at the game and see how many marks you can get for the other reputation systems for the time you put in and change Nukara accordingly????

MORE NUKARA MARKS
  • Options
    lordkratos1974lordkratos1974 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Mark of Choice plz. i have no where to grind fleet marks anymore now that Nukara Rep has appeared.
  • Options
    tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Literally 99.9% of the feedback on the Nukara mark setup in beta testing was negative.

The Romulan one is broken and awful too, if you actually intend to buy gear (though I have no idea why you would as the Romulan gear is bad), but at least the daily patrol can be done in like 10 minutes and turning over the rep Tiers is simple.

Omega is the only rep I see any reason to actually get gear with. When the Romulan daily patrol and all the Nukara options start awarding a Dil container, AND when the Rom and Nukara groups have some actual endgame gear, get back to me. Borticus actually said when this was brought up "well the Nukara gear isn't really meant to be as good as Omega". In other words, at level 50 - which is the only time you can access it - it's junk.

So you have two rep groups that due to the lack of Dil you get for doing them require almost twice as much work, and award inferior gear. That's not good thinking. If all you want is a set that "isn't MACO, OMEGA, or Honor Guard", go get the Jem Hadar set for one one thousandth of the effort. It's fine. Then get the Breen set and stick that on your shuttle. Beats grinding Romulan rep for 2 months to get "an Ok set, sort of".

There is literally no reason at all to bother with it except for Pokemon "'gotta catch em all" thinking.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • Options
    lagunadlagunad Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Add me to the list. There is nothing even remotely fun you can do to get Nukara marks at a reasonable rate.
    There is literally no reason at all to bother with it except for Pokemon "'gotta catch em all" thinking.

A few of the Captain abilities are not bad. That's the only reason to do it, AFAIC.
  • Options
    farseeridranelfarseeridranel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What I am sad about is that there is actually no good Nukara content. So what is the Nukara rep system meant to be for? The Nukara ground missions are...ok..., but they are not very attractive. The reward is just too low. And the Nukara space missions...ah wait...there are no Nukara space missions... So, why is that? We get a Nukara rep system, but no Nukara content, missions, story, etc, just nothing, but old stuff with lowered rewards. Instead we save Romulans and Remans to work on the reputation. Where is the logic? (ok, I see that there we fight against Tholians, but the Vault and Azura are far away from Nukara).
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,426 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You mean nobody heard of the 300k refined dilithium we receive upon T5?
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    gerwalk0769gerwalk0769 Member Posts: 1,095 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    and on top of this, just did a azure rescue . . . the evil thing only spawned 6-7 ships in the 12 min

got a pitiful 16 marks

2 days ago, it was spawning more ships than the team, could rescue

i smell another stealth nerf

More Nukara Marks (NM) and more variety of missions to earn Nukara Marks please!

I suspected a change to Ensnared as well.

When I first started running the PUG mission for NM it was much easier to kill Weavers before a web has created. And I ran a few 100% successful missions, earning 58 marks. Since last week I've noticed a change in timing that leads to web creation much sooner. In one case I was enroute to kill the first Weaver when a second appeared and suddenly 20% of the web was complete. All within 20-30 seconds of the stage starting. Now, most missions I run yield 20%-40% to the Tholians. More on the 40% side now.
    Joined STO in September 2010.
  • Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i was very disappointed that there did not bring out some new missions for the new rep redoing old missions that i've already grinded on 4 alts its not very fun:(.

there could of at least given us 1 new mission to do i would've liked 2 but 1 would of made me content
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    fewzzfewzz Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Rep is bad enough for one character, now to do it all again for my Rom, no way , no thankyou.

I am sorry b ut making the Rep so boring and long does not make players stay around longer, not me and my friends anyways, we will get bored and cant be bothered etc.

Hate the Rep stuff, why can it not be account wide?

Especially Nukara Rep, that is a complete joke, everything about it content wise is a joke.
  • Options
    mav75mav75 Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    questerius wrote: »
    You mean nobody heard of the 300k refined dilithium we receive upon T5?

You get 32k Dilithium Ore and 750 Romulan Marks for completing the Romulan Reputation. ;)

Don't think we'll get anything like that from the Nukara rep.
  • Options
    kaltoumkaltoum Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    fewzz wrote: »
    Rep is bad enough for one character, now to do it all again for my Rom, no way , no thankyou.

I am sorry b ut making the Rep so boring and long does not make players stay around longer, not me and my friends anyways, we will get bored and cant be bothered etc.

Hate the Rep stuff, why can it not be account wide?

Especially Nukara Rep, that is a complete joke, everything about it content wise is a joke.

Yeah they clearly didn't think this one through. Very alt un friendly and in current state forces you to stick to your main.
    Once upon a time in galaxy far far away......
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mav75 wrote: »
    You get 32k Dilithium Ore and 750 Romulan Marks for completing the Romulan Reputation. ;)

You also get a small amount of dil and 500 marks for T5 Omega. I forget but it's like 5,000 or 9,000 dil, single digits anyway.

I do suspect there will be something for Nukara.
  • Options
    pyryckpyryck Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mav75 wrote: »
    You get 32k Dilithium Ore and 750 Romulan Marks for completing the Romulan Reputation MISSIONS. ;)

There, fixed that for ya...

You have to complete the last Romulan Reputation mission before you will receive the ore and marks.

Back to the topic though.../signed MOAR Nukara Marks PLEASE! :)
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The Omega Rep gave 500 Marks and about 9000 dilithium because it was the amount to purchase one Mk XII ground STF piece. Romulan Rep gave 750 Marks and about 32,000 dilithium because it was the amount to purchase one Mk XII space set piece. Since Nukara Rep has 3 ground sets, then it will give about the same as the Omega Rep. So about 500 Nukara Marks and 9000 dilithium.
  • Options
    vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    And the ground sets is another problem nukara reputation has.

Someone didn't think it through...

Losing your STF set fast remodulation ability AND it's not a costume?

Why the hecko would you waste your time getting 12 marks per mission just to give up both fast remodulation and the ability to wear or change costumes?

I'd actually like the EV suit, as a costume - not that I'd work on it at 12 marks for a mission.

None of it makes any sense.

Personally I won't be playing nukara on any character and I am done re-grinding, so whatever plan they had to resuscitate level grinding they can think again.

Besides, I am still waiting on fixes for the season 7 reputations where both have bugs at t5 to this day.
    I am not going to risk playing through 5 tiers and find blocked items again and least of all for next to no marks.
  • Options
    doublechadoublecha Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I agree, Nukara reputation are a joke.
    Stop farming.
    Qapla'
  • Options
    mwildermwilder Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    We need a Nukara daily like Tau Dewa daily for rommie marks
    Liberty Task Force
    "Liberty, Equality, Justice, Peace & Cooperation"

http://www.libertytaskforce.com
  • Options
    martin1970giesenmartin1970giesen Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    We need a daily like epohh tagging. I want little spiders tagging (with my pulsewave).
    Keybind: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=9355971&postcount=463
    Bone1970 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac.
    Bone Trader don't belief in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac.
    Bone2 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. KDF Eng.
    Warning: Not a native English-speaker, sorry if my English sucks.
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I already gave up...

The amount of marks we get on average from those few missions available is laughably low and I'm already fed up with the grind. When I played Azure Nebula, Vault Ensnared or any of the Nukara Prime missions from time to time I had fun. Now though, when I have to grind them constantly only to keep up with the reputation projects on just one of my characters I'm honestly bored and discouraged. It's not fun anymore, it's tedious and pointless, especially since the Mk XII items are not even close to be considered anything worthwhile, as Cryptic made it so the best gear is still the STF/Omega or Fleet gear...

Honestly, it's like Microsoft policy - "we know better what you want so we won't listen to you and won't provide you with the fun stuff, but with the stuff we pulled out of our backs..."

At this point I would even spend Zen for Nukara Marks...
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    cushionridecushionride Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i honestly had more fun when there were no reputation systems, i liked doing stfs for borg gear, it would be nice to do the other missions for romulan salvage or tholian salvage. honestly the only rep i can easily or comfortably aquire is omeaga. i can get 100 average omega marks from doing those, when i run with my fleet which i might add only wants to do stfs, i make omega marks like mad, romulan wasnt so bad with the daily and mind trap, i could reasonably keep up, now with nukara i have no clue how to keep going, all i cand to is level the rep, anything else is too bloody expensive, ive been trying for 3 weeks now to build the tier 2 nukara console, all i need is the freaking marks, i really dont blame people when they say they are sick of the grind now. i feel like im playing lineage 2 again, just to make a sword i need 500 blades, 1500 copper, 30 suede, 3 molds that require over 1k materials themselves to make, i mean seriously, cryptic, it doesnt have to be a pull your teeth out grind for every little thing. you guys are making your millions anyways.
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited June 2013
    Make elite STFs choice of Marks

Ground and space

All current content for Nukie marks is BAD and no fun and poor rewards

Why make us play TRIBBLE content , If the content is any good you dont have to blackmail us to make us play it
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    starchasernxstarchasernx Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I would also like to see a better way to get Nukura marks. Something like STFs or epoh tagging, or maybe something new.
  • Options
    miloflippermiloflipper Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    After grinding these marks for 5 characters I am now out of patience, the game isn't fun anymore, I know it's my own fault and I should give it a rest and do something else but like a lot of folks out there I am a Finisher and I get blinkered vision when I set my mind on something.

So, some help would be appreciated in making the grind less boring. I actually enjoy Mine trap and was looking forward to doing that PvE for Nukara marks, but it was falsely advertised.