test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (May 29, 2013 - Canceled, being taken care of during downtime)

2»

Comments

• brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks SO MUCH for all your support, and we'll see you in-game!
    "Thanks for your money, you won't be seeing it again!"

Instead if merely thanking us, why not show us some return on our collective investments, which you continue to encourage all over the place, and take a day to fix all of these server woes, if not the crippling in-game bugs (Queues, mail)?

This piecemeal emergency-maintenance/patch-a-day approach isn't working, it's just frustrating and a bit of a slap in the face to the playerbase considering so many have healthily supported you so recently.
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bidzarbidzar Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe if Perfect World Entertainment got off their a$$es we could get a game that works without a daily server crash! Hey, here?s an idea, put STO on its OWN SERVER! Then get tech people that can actually do their jobs and not use this as an internship into another company!
  • gibbon1182gibbon1182 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    x0ligy wrote: »
    So are you willing to give any information or should i just expect another "Thank you for your patience the servers are back up see you in game!" bs?

Cryptic:
    That is an excellent question. I do love that we love in a land where you can ask questions cause where would we be with out them.

Thank you for your patience, see in the game!
  • treking2treking2 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What does it matter about tomorrow, CANT even log in right now, Stuck at Retrieving list of characters.. screen then I get booted. Looks like my "maintenance" has started about 9 hours early, guess I wont be getting on star trek any time soon.

Ditto this ... I am also unable to log in ... Stuck at the "Retrieving list of characters"...
    long pause ... followed by a server disconnect.

UPDATE:
    The "Scheduled Maintenance" has now caused "Emergency Maintenance".
    Apparently, posting the notice of the Scheduled Maintenance
    was done incorrectly and broke the server and/or the launcher ... D'Oh! :mad:
  • delfarndelfarn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    x0ligy wrote: »
    ...when maintenance is happening your servers seem to die and the forums come to a halt?

That one is easy... when the game server comes down everyone comes over to the forum. Imagine that many simultaneous connections on a web server. It's a wonder it doesn't start denying traffic thinking it's being attacked. ;)
  • loverofwarsloverofwars Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    was on otha and boom disconnected booted from login closed game checked launcher status server down what happened? i know you guys keep improving stability guess just not enough :( i dont think i've ever seen the game crash before
  • phadrenphadren Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well at least from reading this I know its not my IP. But I am very new to this game been playing for 2 weeks now w/o a single thing like this, and just bought the LTS. (do not regret it at all) But does this happen often or have I just been lucky this past 2 weeks and just missed stuff like this?

I was about 20 mins on customizing a new BO lol, oh well wasn't to happy with it anyways hehe.

To Cryptic, really like your game and hope you get it sorted out soon.
  • agentwormagentworm Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If I lose my cable tv or internet service the company will give me a credit on my bill !
    How about some love EVERY time the server crashes all Lifetime and Gold subscribers get 10,000,000 ec and 100.000 dilithium.
  • x0ligyx0ligy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    delfarn wrote: »
    That one is easy... when the game server comes down everyone comes over to the forum. Imagine that many simultaneous connections on a web server. It's a wonder it doesn't start denying traffic thinking it's being attacked. ;)

I actually that does not explain it, unless your saying that cryptcs servers are just really ****? There are many forums out there with a bigger community that dont have these issues.
  • darqen9darqen9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • kaltoh9kaltoh9 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Eh, it's fine. There have been some major issues that have been swiftly addressed. I'll patiently wait for "maintenance" to come to a full conclusion.

I'm not concerned about anything but the Fleet Defiant's ENSIGN TACTICAL STATION. It's useless......still! It is a tier 5 ship, supposedly. Right? To go toe-to-toe with aux2batt builds, we need that universal station now please.

Overall, quite satisfied with STO, PWE, and Cryptic. Great work guys. Don't give up on the details, because STO is a really great game and all parties involved (ought to) appreciate the continued improvements.

Now to get a good night sleep. See ya'll soon enough!
  • darqen9darqen9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Getting A Little Tired Of This Server Down Mess
  • chris919ukchris919uk Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    darqen9 wrote: »

Hey you must have an insider supplying photos because I'm certain thats what it actually looks like. lol. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "You have not experienced Shakespeare until you have read him in the original Klingon, taH pagh, taH be"
  • ototo999ototo999 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seriously, lets make numbers:

In 3 days, u have taken the Server down like a million times, some horribly performed like the yesterday one, and u still need to disconnet the Server one more time...........

Lets restart this from the begining:

I spent money in this game, i did cause i enjoyed the game and also liked the videos of ur Devs, cause they looked compromised in the game, ppl in whom i could trust, i even really thought in the Lifetime Sub even b4 u posted it on sale, but the way u are managing this makes me wonder what are the trade back u are giving.

A company based in Belarus, owner of World of Tanks, have a MILLION times better bahavior to their customers than u have:
    If they TRIBBLE something, they say a sincerely " We are sorry and here ALL u, paying or not, have this Vanity Skin/Stupid funny Tank/etc... ", they even give away items in special times of the year like Christmas, cause they actually know that a happy customer is an awesome Gift for a Company: free marketing (cause al this in-game items have a developt time, but not a real prize, u cant use them to pay the bills), loyalty to the game and future games u do, basically people that only make numbers thinking in happiness instead of in productivity (ton of people buy vanity items there for the fun of it, cuase they are happy), etc....

What u have been doing here since the release of LoR have no name, im completely lost in words to express my displeasure, and im completely sure that im not the only and also that u have lost a ton of subscriber or potential ones, like me, with all this affair.

I dont mind to pay for a service, but looking at the way u are handling this, u are trying to bill an Argentinean Beef Steak offering a Burger... A nice quality burguer, but a burguer in the end.

Now seriously again: UR CUSTOMERS WANT TO KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING, and we are bored to read "stabilty", at least some answers could be really appreciated.

Thats all i had to say, now, if u dont mind to give answers in a specifical thread for it could be awesome, im sure all people want to read the truth once and for all.
  • allenscottallenscott Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Server is down again. Another bandage on the way.

Legacy of Romulus has the potential to be a GREAT expansion with some very good content and improvements....but none of that matters if the hardware you are running can't keep the system up. A great expansion does more harm than good if it is riddled with server killing problems.

I am in full agreement with the many players who want some actual technical details as to why ANY of these crashes happen. We've been asking for more detailed explanations for quite some time. Why all the plastic, carbon copy responses? Why all the vague secrecy? I assure you we can handle it. I myself would be fascinated to see HOW the guts and bones of STO work! Share a little! It can't hurt...unless you have something to hide.

We wouldn't go to forums and complain if we didn't love STO. Something has to give though: some transparency or some results (preferably BOTH). Details, please. Thank you.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains. We are working to bring STO back up, and will take care of tomorrow's scheduled downtime during this downtime, so I am canceling this thread.

Thanks for your understanding!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
This discussion has been closed.