test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Emergency Restart - Take 2 (May 28, 2013) [Complete!]

Comments

• matkempmatkemp Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This downtime can't be to fix server stability, server was fine(for me at least) until the second shard shutdown announcement.

Then BANG!.. oh the lag hit like a brick wall, from nowhere!

Its so bad even forum is lagging really badly. Guessing thats due to all STO players being on the forum.
  • pupibirdpupibird Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ransom2375 wrote: »
    That's quote-worthy (the little red "daily message" from the German STO HP):

/translation fail :rolleyes:

Hoshi where are you?!

LooooooL! Beautiful :D
  • betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    uh, i am guessing a Pah Wraith got into the orb again ... :S
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • dennizenxdennizenx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this is so we'll all go watch the real star trek (expedition to ISS launch ESA link)

http://spaceinvideos.esa.int/esalive
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,148 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tahllol wrote: »
    I think Americans know where Europe is since we have had to save it twice from itself at the cost of good ole American boys and girls, though maybe we should have ignored it and you would all be speaking German right now.

Don't ***** they are taking it down just as much during US prime time as European prime time. And its not Americas fault Cryptic/PWE are a bunch of escaped tards stealing all your money.

In said scenerio I think Enterprise had it right... Germany would of made its me 242's.. and boom.. the US would of been screwed.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • jaegernljaegernl Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think Americans know where Europe is since we have had to save it twice from itself at the cost of good ole American boys and girls, though maybe we should have ignored it and you would all be speaking German right now.

Oh lawdy. Rage, engage!
    Isaac the Adequate - Level 70 Oath of Devotion Paladin
  • ravinravin Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Will this restart finally fix the community that think they are all expert programmers?
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
  • slipstreamdemonslipstreamdemon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Please leave the forum, check your historical facts, then return and edit this post. Save yourself any further embarrassment.
  • mikexposedguymikexposedguy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Message to pwebranflakes

This is getting beyond a joke whats the point of a tribble server if you dont bother to look at the data?

This game is unplayable with daily updates and downtime. I have spent hundreds on this game since it became f2p, i will now be playing EVE , as you constantly take the TRIBBLE out the player base and never respond to tickets.

I think this update has been the last nail in the coffin for sto. Why cant you be honest to players and run this game properly. Hell if need be take it down for a week so it is FIXED and not just held together with gaffa tape.

Also bring the cost of items in the zen store down its bloody ridiculous especially when people buy keys and get nothing but lousy TRIBBLE from the boxes.

Im sorry but i dint normally rant but i have had enough of this games colossal bad management.

Why release an expansion when season 7 was bugged from the start. Why did you not focus on stability before expansion?

I think if cryptic/pwe could stop being bloody tight asses and just by a dedicated server for this game im sure i t would make the game "WORK". Its not like you don't have plenty of zen and dilithium in you bank now is it?

You have lost a regular player btw.

Live long and prosper :)
  • lunateclunatec Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    haubrock wrote: »
    1. Cryptic releases new content, that was so full of buggs, that we are getting daily server restarts and ruined the new content big time...
    Next time you think about new content: TEST IT FOR A LONGER TIME AND SPARE US WITH THIS CRAPPY ****.
    2. Cryptic is announcing server downtimes on a daily basis, why dont you devs just start to announce daily downtimes for the next, lets say 2 weeks?
    3. Why not just bring the server down for 24 h and work on the freaking game?
    4. FOr the serverstability: BUY ANOTHER BIGGER SERVER AND STOP BEING GREEDY
    5. How about you devs give out more information about the kind of problems there are or a list of all recorded bugs? THis way we can actually know WHAT is happening and WHAT is NOT working...
    6. How about that: IF you announce downtime and then recall it, dont press the downtime button 15 min later...
    7. I would like to get something like a small compensation for you guys TRIBBLE up the game... :P (I know that will never happen)

First, preview your posts and fix spelling and spacing issues.
    Second, you have no idea what their server room looks like.
    Third, nobody cares what you have to say because you can't form a coherent sentence.
    KDF since 2/2/2010
  • captainmikeccaptainmikec Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    druinwalf wrote: »
    Harsh....It hasn't anything to do with the large influx of new players the return of lapsed players and the scope of changes they implemented? Its Devs and techs to blame! No other explanation right?

I work in IT and everyone wants to blame the firemen for all the fires they go around putting out. Not fair I tell you.

So much anger and it does not help. If you feel that way then go play something else....I am going to give them a chance to fix it. I think they will resolve these issues eventually.

problem is this same thing happens over and over with each content patch or large event
    first contact day, anniversary event ring bells?
    for the anniversary event the servers were horrible and taken down daily for about a week
    this keeps happening and they dont seem to see it coming
    that is the problem

not to mention, they really needed more than a week of open beta for all of this
    "Tickle us, do we not laugh? Prick us, do we not bleed? Wrong us, shall we not revenge?"
    -General Chang
  • destikhardestikhar Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was excited for the launch of the expansion, but due to Emails being broke in the game i have only logged on to refine my dilithium, I'm very near quitting. The not being able to delete emails is a basic function that should have been fixed within a day. I have played less than 30 minutes a day VS 8-12 hours a day due to email system more than anything. They have 2 days to fix that nonsense. If they don't I quit. Simple.
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can we get the Ask Cryptic: May 2013 while we wait?
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Double facepalm, when 1 facepalm is not enough
  • phazex1#0509 phazex1 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013

QUOTE]

Typical backwards American response to most things.
    the world is more than just America
    news flash, you didn't win those wars alone,
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chris919uk wrote: »
    This is pure bad comedy disguised as "Server Stability Essential Maintenance". Isn't that really what LoR is? Legacy of Maintenance. I'm sorry Cryptic but I really can't take you seriously as a company anymore. :D

Call me a cynic but I can already see the notes for the next patch when it eventually rolls out.

***Resolved Issues***

However we have fixed a particulary irritating vase on New Romulus that was the wrong shade of green.

It misses a sentence: "This vase is now available at the C-Store for 500 Zen. We would have told you about it in email, but we frankly haven't fixed that yet, because we have been instructed to sell you new stuff, and not do something as unprofitable as fixing the old."
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • phazex1#0509 phazex1 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013

QUOTE]

Typical backwards American response to most things.
    the world is more than just America
    get your historical facts right BEFORE you have a go at things you clearly know nothing about
  • sharonathenasharonathena Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We hope that soon you guys can fix every little bug that comes with the expansion (normal, since there is a lot of new things).

But fix too the damn exploits that hackers are using to destroy players ships on deep space nine sector near the station...romulan ships are using some exploit to shoot a plasmas torpedoes on the blue protected ships that are near ds9.

Players cant shoot back because the sector is pvp protected, nobody can destroy nobody, but this stupid hackers are using this exploit to destroy ships there...

Please, fix the bugs for the this stupids hackers/exploiters dont use this anymore, thanks and good job everyday for trying to make this game better. Congrats and see ya.

this romulan exploit can be used by fed also. it turns any blue to red for a few secs.(various) hopefully this restart fixes it. this isn't a exploit. it a game mechanic. since i hear this topic a lot. =P
  • paladinfury1978paladinfury1978 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ravin wrote: »
    Will this restart finally fix the community that think they are all expert programmers?

Ha Ha Ha too true
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,916 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have to be amused at the people who complain about the slowness of the forum and they can't figure out why it's so slow. It's obvious.

Cryptic announces server maintenance, forum gets huge influx of people coming in to whine about it.

Servers go down, we get another influx of people whining about getting booted from missions.

I've noticed that there's practically no lag in the forum when there isn't a new maintenance thread to whine in.

My friend was trying to get back to sector space when this short-announced, second restart was announced and got stuck in a 'server not responding' loading window, so she's worried that her mission may not have saved or she'll be stuck in the dreaded loading screen window of doom.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    phazeuk wrote: »

Don't try to confront him with reality. His whole world view will collapse and create an artificial singualarity sucking us all in! :D
  • pupibirdpupibird Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    szim wrote: »
    Don't try to confront him with reality. His whole world view will collapse and create an artificial singualarity sucking us all in! :D

I thought nobody won..didn't they go to the dark side of mars? :confused:
  • starboardnacellestarboardnacelle Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Also bring the cost of items in the zen store down its bloody ridiculous especially when people buy keys and get nothing but lousy TRIBBLE from the boxes.

Instead of using keys to open a lock box, sell Fleet Ship Modules on the Exchange and work towards buying one with energy credits instead. Modules go for ~6,600,000 on the Exchange, which is slightly more than four keys would sell for. Alternatively, sell the keys for ~1,500,000 apiece.
  • stulloydstulloyd Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seems Like some Stuck Some kryponite infront of Superman whilst he was supplying this months power for the Cryptic Servers for STo to keep running & now he is too weak to power the Servers . :D
  • chris919ukchris919uk Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    It misses a sentence: "This vase is now available at the C-Store for 500 Zen. We would have told you about it in email, but we frankly haven't fixed that yet, because we have been instructed to sell you new stuff, and not do something as unprofitable as fixing the old."

Yeah lmao. Well played.:D I hate to say it but in the current quest for cash trend I can actually see them implementing that along with the deleting mail at 250 Zen charge per message. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "You have not experienced Shakespeare until you have read him in the original Klingon, taH pagh, taH be"
  • noshufflenoshuffle Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    druinwalf wrote: »
    Harsh....It hasn't anything to do with the large influx of new players the return of lapsed players and the scope of changes they implemented? Its Devs and techs to blame! No other explanation right?

I work in IT and everyone wants to blame the firemen for all the fires they go around putting out. Not fair I tell you.

So much anger and it does not help. If you feel that way then go play something else....I am going to give them a chance to fix it. I think they will resolve these issues eventually.

What harsh ???

I am an IT'r too, but I do plan into my work worse case scenarios, such that if needed, there is always a solution to minimize the disturbances towards the users. These worse case scenarios are already included in the flow chart, before encoding or programming starts, before anything hits the servers, before the main roll out. Of course, IT isn't exact science, but the risks of failure can be controlled to a bare minimum, even before delivery.
    OK, if I have to stay here for a while, your cieling ... looks idious.:D
  • numar1xnumar1x Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LMAO... you gotta laugh

Nice banner!!
  • chrismullins1987chrismullins1987 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yet more downtime? Really?
    Sort it out guys this is beyond a joke.
  • tahlloltahllol Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    szim wrote: »
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by phazeuk View Post

Nope we had British, Canadian, Australian, and Russian help as the French had already waved their flag in surrender yet again.
  • drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, taking care of lag is good and all, but why no bug fixes? Seriously, Cryptic a patch is long overdue.
This discussion has been closed.