test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Emergency Restart - Take 2 (May 28, 2013) [Complete!]

Comments

• koihimenakamurakoihimenakamura Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What are you expecting from those guys who don't know there is lot of countries in europe. BTW I guess they don't know where is Europe. In other words. Do not expect anything from crappy devs! Incompetent people who are not able to buy servers. Incompetent people who are not able to have good network provider. Cogent is the worst.

Yes, they know. You think they *want* to do this much maintenance?
  • leendert1980leendert1980 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    normale get respon from the sever gos down
    nothing read just loading new mission sever down
    pfff stil that 5% let it game working if one ore two thibks notworking
    finn whit it but i think beter bild game over till that time let run this one
    and if new game from star trek is ready gif ever player 50000 gold to start over this is hell
    realy everday go sever down :cool::(:confused:
  • joker8mejoker8me Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like the game, but it really is starting to remind me of the US economy. You hear lots of news about how rosy everything is, yet everybody knows the chances of it totally crashing are pretty darn good.
  • pingaheadpingahead Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cha0tic1a wrote: »
    Is it my fault?

Everyday since I have started playing this game the servers have been closed at some point for maintenance...Guess what? I won't be recommending this game or investing cash into it.

Or is this "working as intended"

Rage Quit Inbound.

Popcorn? Check.
    Diet Coke? Check.

Wait for it. Wait for it.........
  • ramarblackhandramarblackhand Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This stuff here that is happening could be the reason that CBS is thinking about not renewing the renewing its contract with them and from what I have heard they have to renew again at the beginning of this year. Just a thought.
  • pupibirdpupibird Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this game is like the ST:VOY Episode "year of hell"... kinda funny somehow o.O I just opened the game today and wondered why there is no daily "emergency maintenance"...glad they did it now. meanwhile ist like an everyday ritual...

Let's see if the PWE Year of hell gets more exiting than the Atari Year of hell some of us still remember :confused:
  • matkempmatkemp Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic, just shut the game down for 24-48 hours. Give yourself's some room to breath.

You will never sort out the bugs stop/starting the shards, the way you are doing now.

What your doing at the moment, is really vexing your customers.

Well I am hoping this downtime sorts some bugs out, you really need to make this one worth it.
  • chris919ukchris919uk Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is pure bad comedy disguised as "Server Stability Essential Maintenance". Isn't that really what LoR is? Legacy of Maintenance. I'm sorry Cryptic but I really can't take you seriously as a company anymore. :D

Call me a cynic but I can already see the notes for the next patch when it eventually rolls out.

***Resolved Issues***

Fixed PVE Mirror Invasion. The map will now kick you in 3 seconds instead of 5.
    Fixed the game to have an even greater level of bugs.
    Couldn't be bothered to fix mail.
    However we have fixed a particulary irritating vase on New Romulus that was the wrong shade of green.
    Thanks for your support and we'll see you in game assuming we haven't botched the job further.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "You have not experienced Shakespeare until you have read him in the original Klingon, taH pagh, taH be"
  • dessniperdessniper Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic = one guy in his mothers basement using a Coleco Adam and an Atari 400 as backup with internet connection done by Novation CAT modem.
  • tucker84tucker84 Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please give the female movement animation to the romlan female! Thank you!
  • bullschizzybullschizzy Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    no worries, I'm sure they will extend the SALE on Subs. to make up for it

:rolleyes:
    "buying a subscription to STO is a lot like feeding pigeons, you give them food, they give you.......well you know":rolleyes:
  • lunateclunatec Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To everyone whining about downtime, I suggest you grow up and understand that they are doing what they can. If you think you can do a better job, get a loan, start your own company, develop a game and show us how much better you are. Otherwise, shut up and deal.

This all being said, it HAS been a lot of downtime with little or no communication from The Team. A little acknowledgement from you all with some ideas of what is being done and why would probably make people appreciate you work. Silence only leads us to believe that you don't know what is wrong or it is a much more serious issue than you want to let us know about.
    KDF since 2/2/2010
  • treking2treking2 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am a retired Electrical/Software/QA/IT Engineer.
    Back in my day, a server "Emergency" meant that the server was on fire,
    and needed immediate shutdown (and extinguishing).

It seems that we have had one or more server so-called "emergencies"
    every single day since Legacy of Romulus went live.

That is nothing but lousy planning, lousy "emergency" service, and lousy customer service.

Please at least TRY to get your act together guys! *sigh*
  • unsacredgraveunsacredgrave Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, they know. You think they *want* to do this much maintenance?

yeah here is a Picture of him...

http://goo.gl/bxRIS
  • captainbaileycaptainbailey Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    WHAT ABOUT THE MAIL????????

OH!, what about the ISE Spheres that are on crack zooming around that end up butt hugging the gate?????????????????????
  • cha0tic1acha0tic1a Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pingahead wrote: »
    Rage Quit Inbound.

Popcorn? Check.
    Diet Coke? Check.

Wait for it. Wait for it.........

Nah...patience of Job me :)

I'll just play World of Tanks for a bit :P
  • spearhawk2013spearhawk2013 Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,

We will be needing to perform the previously messaged, quick restart of Star Trek Online in just a few minutes -- we expect to be back up very shortly, less than 1 hour.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team

Thank you for your efforts, they are greatly appreciated.

Now feed the hamsters the Red Bull so they get those servers purring like kittens.
  • druinwalfdruinwalf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tahllol wrote: »
    Game should be called either Star Trek offline or Star Trek: Doesn't work

Seriously I do not know which is worse, the incompetence of the Dev's on the software coding or the Tech guys that just use duck tape instead of fixing the hardware, or could be both need fired and replaced.

Harsh....It hasn't anything to do with the large influx of new players the return of lapsed players and the scope of changes they implemented? Its Devs and techs to blame! No other explanation right?

I work in IT and everyone wants to blame the firemen for all the fires they go around putting out. Not fair I tell you.

So much anger and it does not help. If you feel that way then go play something else....I am going to give them a chance to fix it. I think they will resolve these issues eventually.
  • haubrockhaubrock Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1. Cryptic releases new content, that was so full of buggs, that we are getting daily server restarts and ruined the new content big time...
    Next time you think about new content: TEST IT FOR A LONGER TIME AND SPARE US WITH THIS CRAPPY ****.
    2. Cryptic is announcing server downtimes on a daily basis, why dont you devs just start to announce daily downtimes for the next, lets say 2 weeks?
    3. Why not just bring the server down for 24 h and work on the freaking game?
    4. FOr the serverstability: BUY ANOTHER BIGGER SERVER AND STOP BEING GREEDY
    5. How about you devs give out more information about the kind of problems there are or a list of all recorded bugs? THis way we can actually know WHAT is happening and WHAT is NOT working...
    6. How about that: IF you announce downtime and then recall it, dont press the downtime button 15 min later...
    7. I would like to get something like a small compensation for you guys TRIBBLE up the game... :P (I know that will never happen)
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,462 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Even the forum is lagging.

I understand that a large expansion brings its share of problems, but one would think enough time has passed to iron those bugs out.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • nps2nps2 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Get your act together guys. This everyday maintenance thing is getting real old, real fast. Especially when it doesn't really appear to be fixing very much. And this one today is total FUBAR.... First you tell us it is coming down with very little warning, then when it's supposed to come down you tell us never mind it's ok; then you tell us again a few minutes later never mind the never mind it's coming down anyway again with very little warning. This really makes you look incompetent. I do love what you have done with LOR but I will not be spending any more money on this game until you can show me you can get a handle on this mess.
  • ransom2375ransom2375 Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That's quote-worthy (the little red "daily message" from the German STO HP):
    Es wird Notwartung sein an 28. Mai von 2140-2240 Uhr CEST statt.

/translation fail :rolleyes:

Hoshi where are you?!
    Star Trek Online: Foundry 02.12.2010 - 11.04.2019
  • pupibirdpupibird Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tucker84 wrote: »
    Please give the female movement animation to the romlan female! Thank you!

This!
    Why hasn't this caught my attention before?
    It has not been implemented?
    So server/mail etc. must wait!
    I suggest we add this to the long list
    of reasons for rage!
    This is too much!
  • hoovergkmmchoovergkmmc Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So much butthurt in this room...
  • tahlloltahllol Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What are you expecting from those guys who don't know there is lot of countries in europe. BTW I guess they don't know where is Europe. In other words. Do not expect anything from crappy devs! Incompetent people who are not able to buy servers. Incompetent people who are not able to have good network provider. Cogent is the worst.

I think Americans know where Europe is since we have had to save it twice from itself at the cost of good ole American boys and girls, though maybe we should have ignored it and you would all be speaking German right now.

Don't ***** they are taking it down just as much during US prime time as European prime time. And its not Americas fault Cryptic/PWE are a bunch of escaped tards stealing all your money.
  • slipstreamdemonslipstreamdemon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree, Cryptic just drop the servers for a day, or three even! But just make sure when you do that you finally solve all the residual problems that have been destroying this game since LoR went live. This on again off again approach is solving nothing and is only causing the players to leave. I'd be fine with waiting a few days if I knew that the wait was worth it and I'm sure many others would be too.
  • thomasangelisthomasangelis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "No one is on PST, we've been on PDT since March. If your display is wrong, look at your settings. ("server time" is presented in your timezone as configured in your client...)"

My Client is set for PST and there are no issues till I get on the forums for time concerns.

Current PDT is 1313 Hrs
    Current Zulu is 2013 Hrs
    Current PST is 1313 Hrs

So please check again.
  • calistobradycalistobrady Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The comments here are not harsh, nor over the top.

4 weeks prior to LOR's release, Neverwinter Online went live. Immediately STO's network performance dropped with the usual serving of lag, rubber banding, server not responding.

Many on this forum warned that launching a MAJOR expansion with the game in such a poor state would be a disaster. The developers in the their infinite wisdom ignored this, and pushed ahead regardless.

The predicted disaster did occur with the symptoms of an overloaded server system being amplified due to an influx of new and returning/retired gamers.

The developers of this game deserve the comments they get.

This game was running PERFECT in my opinion before Neverwinter went live, and before LOR. It was smooth, lag free and things worked.

In my opinion the quest for dollars has overrided good practice here.
  • gr4v1t4rgr4v1t4r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tahllol wrote: »
    I think Americans know where Europe is since we have had to save it twice from itself at the cost of good ole American boys and girls, though maybe we should have ignored it and you would all be speaking German right now.

Don't ***** they are taking it down just as much during US prime time as European prime time. And its not Americas fault Cryptic/PWE are a bunch of escaped tards stealing all your money.

And no American interest was served in either of those occasions :rolleyes:
    Lost and Delirious... and Disenchanted too
    Apparently some forum posters have diplomatic immunity nowadays, where can I get mine?
    askray wrote: »
    Expressing my opinion isn't trolling but nice try. Besides, if I was you wouldn't know it ;P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lex1conlex1con Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    druinwalf wrote: »
    Harsh....It hasn't anything to do with the large influx of new players the return of lapsed players and the scope of changes they implemented? Its Devs and techs to blame! No other explanation right?

I work in IT and everyone wants to blame the firemen for all the fires they go around putting out. Not fair I tell you.

So much anger and it does not help. If you feel that way then go play something else....I am going to give them a chance to fix it. I think they will resolve these issues eventually.

I totally agree. anyone who has any real world experience in IT understands the issues and tends to be a little more understanding. But there are the exceptions. Its agreat game, if it wasn't there wouldn't be so much rage. Fix the stability first then the bugs. You dont build a house on poor foundations. Keep up the good work guys.:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.