test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Sensor Scan Bug *Resolved*

mreeves7amreeves7a Member Posts: 499 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Now that we got the first server meltdown out of the way, is there any sort of an ETA on fixing the bug with Sensor Scan?

For those who don't run science officers or just hadn't noticed yet, the debuff effect of the science captain skill 'Sensor Scan' is limited to 3 kms from you ship, regardless on what or who the skill is targeted on.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2013
    I hate to have to reply to myself, but is there any update on this?
  • Options
    i8472i8472 Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sensor scan is limited to 3 km range. was 10 km.

When further than 3 km away from targeted enemy sensor scan will not work.

It used to be that you could be 10 km away and sensor scan would still be able to affect enemy.
  • Options
    sosolidshoesosolidshoe Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mreeves7a wrote: »
    I hate to have to reply to myself, but is there any update on this?

Considering that while fixing the customisation bug on the Aquarius where the Type 6 Material didn't show up in the menu, they somehow managed to miss the fact that you can't select ANY material in that menu; don't hold your breath.

Their whole focus right now is on futzing with the queue system to avoid the impression that they're incompetent to new players(seriously, try creating a new Romulan for the first time, no queue at all, then log him out and try to go back in, or to use a different character - suddenly 20K queue).

We are PWE. Your forums and game accounts will be added to our own. Your community will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This was already reported back on tribble, but science captain space ability "Sensor Scan" does not work the way it used to. Pre-LoR it was either activating around our ship when no target was selected, or around a selected target and the ones surroinding it.

Now, though, even when I select an enemy and activate the ability the circular visual is seen on the targeted ship, but the actual skill effect still originates from my ship.

This means that at the moment Sensor Scan debuff only affects ships within 2,5km around player's ship, making it next to useless most of the time.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    captainforfuncaptainforfun Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Sci Captains Power Sensor Scan doens?t work as it used to be anymore.

If the Targt is more then 2.5 kms to 3 kms away (not entirely sure if it was 2.5 km or 3 km) the debuffs won?t apply to the Target. We tested it with a challenge where we scanned each other at 2.5 km and at 8 km.

It seems it is only applied to your loacation, which would explain the 3km radius, and not to the targets location anymore.

Which means atm Sensor scan is only useful at close range.

Would be nice if that gets fixed asap.
    Reynolds / Thokal

U.S.S. Helios -Vesta Class / R.R.W. Dark Science - Dyson Surveillance Science Destroyer
    U.S.S. Donut - Fleet Advanced Research Vessel Retrofit
    TheWiseGuys
  • Options
    fourxgamerfourxgamer Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There have been three threads started on this and they each have one post only, lol.
    Surely more people have noticed this.

My main is a Sci captain and I would like this fixed.
  • Options
    xmaxdragonxxmaxdragonx Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For some reason since launch sensor scan seems to almost randomly switch between buffing me or hitting my target. Even though I always cast it on the target within range. Its either or. It will either hit me and not the target or hit the target as told to. It messes up more than it works. Seem to tend to work better if i am closer to the target, but i am wondering if that is not the sensor scan from me hitting the target 3k out. Either way its broke. Please fix
  • Options
    xmaxdragonxxmaxdragonx Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I did some testing and it seems to be fireing every time as if it was based around me. So only the 3km aoe is hitting targets not the 10k range listed on the tool tip.
  • Options
    strorusstrorus Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    :mad: Whilst you can scan an enemy within 10km, its 3km AoE is centred on yourself and not the scanned enemy.

So a) your scanned enemy is not affected by sensor scan, b) neither is any enemy within 3km of your scanned enemy, c) all the enemies within 3km of you are the only ones affected.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Whilst you can scan an enemy within 10km, its 3km AoE is centred on yourself and not the scanned enemy.

So a) your scanned enemy is not affected by sensor scan, b) neither is any enemy within 3km of your scanned enemy, c) all the enemies within 3km of you are the only ones affected. :mad:
  • Options
    abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can confirm this, the sensor scan animation plays on the target but it effects the player not the target.
  • Options
    lowery99lowery99 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Confirmed as well. Seems to land on the target about 1/10 times, the rest of the time it just buffs myself although the animation plays on the target.
  • Options
    carasucia83carasucia83 Member Posts: 568 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can also confirm this. Might as well continue the thread so that it gets noticed.
    "So my fun is wrong?"

No. Your fun makes everyone else's fun wrong by default.
  • Options
    adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've only noticed this today but equally I have noticed this and needs fixing.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Sadly, since no Tacs are harmed with this bug, I imagine it's fairly low on the priority list.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Confirmed, you target an enemy within the 10km range, and the animation plays on the scanned enemy... However the following happens...

a) If enemy is within 3km they get the debuff and you get the buff;

b) If the enemy is more then 3km away nothing happens.

Conclusion, the Sensor Scan AoE is centred on yourself and only takes effect if enemy within 3km.
  • Options
    blunted74blunted74 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    strorus wrote: »
    :mad: Whilst you can scan an enemy within 10km, its 3km AoE is centred on yourself and not the scanned enemy.

So a) your scanned enemy is not affected by sensor scan, b) neither is any enemy within 3km of your scanned enemy, c) all the enemies within 3km of you are the only ones affected.

Yeah, same here. came to post about it.
  • Options
    sdf01macrosssdf01macross Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sensor scan is now PBAOE instead of AOE. Please fix.
  • Options
    zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    just to make sure, you have actually selected your target when pressing the button?

otherwise the scan happens on yourself

the button should be disabled if no enemy is selected to fix this behavior

so you say now it does this always even if you have selected an enemy? *will have to test this myself*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tapal4tapal4 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    its borked. Tested it with shuttle and 2 ships. It targets self instead of what you are currently targeting.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    bump***************
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Bump....?...........
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Also, you only get the sensor scan buff if an enemy has been affected by it.
  • Options
    stevedudemanstevedudeman Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Confirmed, you target an enemy within the 10km range, and the animation plays on the scanned enemy... However the following happens...

Conclusion, the Sensor Scan AoE is centred on yourself and only takes effect if enemy within 3km.

Confirmed...again.
  • Options
    thepopeofbeersthepopeofbeers Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    New science player here, I thought something was wonky with Sensor Scan. Good to know I wasn't just imagining things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Confirming this bug as well.
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    latinumbarlatinumbar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Confirmed here. It's bugged.
    abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Still bugged.
  • Options
    sophiallriandrisophiallriandri Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I thought I had seen a noticeable decrease in its effectiveness, and this would be why.
  • Options
    dashrendar1138dashrendar1138 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Yep, I can confirm that as well. Hope it gets fixed. But sci seems to always be one of the last things they will correct when there's an issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Join the Vulcan Kolinahr Fleet
    http://www.vulcankolinahrfleet.com/
This discussion has been closed.