test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can't delete mail ***FIXED WITH TODAY'S PATCH***

Comments

• valkarie14valkarie14 Member Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I dont know if its just me but i cant delete any mail at all lately anyone else got that problem?
  • bluegrassgeekbluegrassgeek Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Everyone. :P

It's a known problem. They're still trying to figure it out.
    ____
    Keep calm, and continue firing photon torpedoes.
  • architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Did you do a search for "mail"?
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • shaltorshaltor Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here, as I cannot delete any mail. I've "heard" that "they" are aware of the problem, but I've not seen anything officially acknowledging the issue anywhere.
  • spydadaemonicspydadaemonic Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've now got so much backed up mail It'll take me an entire day to delete it all ... Any news ... Any news at all?
  • sparhawksparhawk Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is a work around if you have Champions Online installed. You can delete your Star Trek mail in Champions.
  • i8472i8472 Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got 1 mail to actually Delete but the rest, still there.
  • fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Many of us have been complaining (and submitted bug reports) about the bug since the release. I don't know if PWE has responded about it to anyone.
  • lored2deathlored2death Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm not sure if this will hold true but it appears the only char that can delete the email is the one that sent it. I have 9 alts and realized some could delete some emails sent to other alts but not others.

The recipient cannot delete the mail. So, if you get an email from a char that is not your own, you're not going to be able to delete an email.

*working theory
  • abradaxabradax Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Leave the OP alone!

By the way, has anyone had trouble deleting mail?
    Lieutenant Johnathan "Seven" Abradax
    Liberated Borg -Captain USS Solstice
    Member of Starfleet Borg Task Force - Tactical Unit
  • jozaniajozania Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For me this is the most frustrating of the bugs.

I end up re-reading a lot mail I have already read. And I'm also worried that I will lose items returned to me by the Exchange.
  • thorkentthorkent Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I know this isn't a solution for all, but I deleted all my mails login with one of my CO characters, think must be work too from NWO. Is not the better solution, but if you have one of the other 2 games installed, you can clean your mail there, at least while devs are looking for a permanent solution.
    About all the other issues I'm afraid we must be patient, problems need to be solved one by one, otherwise we risk to make things go worse.

English is not my first lang (is my third) so please excuse my mistakes, thx.
  • osirisraaosirisraa Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same here.... can't delete old emails also sending bug report...
  • rickysmith1rickysmith1 Member Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Did he bother to read the thread titles of the front page of where he chose to post his question?

Can't delete mail ***Known issue, team is working on a fix so you can delete mail***

I think not. :P

Oh Snap! lol :D
    STAR TREK CONTINUES
    Episode One - A Single Moment Episode Two - Infancy Episode Three - Unto the Breach
    Episode Four - Head Of A Needle Episode Five: The Duality of Men Episode Six - Redemption Earned
    Episode Seven - Shattered Universe Episode Eight - The Gepetto Condition Episode Nine - One Room, Two Officers
    Episode Ten - Beyond The Farthest Star Episode Eleven - It's OK, It Won't Hurt Episode Twelve - A Protracted Officer
    Episode Thirteen - Somewhen Episode Fourteen - The Boy Who Lived Episode Fifthteen - Empathy
  • jp1990jp1990 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    valkarie14 wrote: »
    I dont know if its just me but i cant delete any mail at all lately anyone else got that problem?

I can't on my character either
  • kiriseekirisee Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hate to say it, but this is a known issue, just not sure the devs know as not one has posted about it anyplace i have seen.....just hoping this gets sorted out soon.
    "If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
  • omegashinzonomegashinzon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,

The team is working on a resolution to this bug -- it's listed as a known issue in the patch notes from Tuesday: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=688641

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Okay, as of posting, this makes F.O.U.R. patches now and still can't delete mail!?!?? I realize there are other issues to attend to but is not the mail system on the high end of important game features? While your at it, please make an OFFICIAL statement about the 100 stack cap you ninja added to the mail system. If this is a permanent feature, having more than 3 playable characters is now pointless outside of farming purposes as any exchange items returned after 100 are apparently now disappearing. We'd like to know how the game actually works please.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting. ~thlaylierah
    So realistically, you only need to have the exact number of doffs that you need. ~leadme2kirk
  • arctos1717arctos1717 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Another patch and still can't delete e-mails, come on!:mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hinoryuujinhinoryuujin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm able to delete a mailing if I took an item from it. Such as the returned item mails from the exchange or receiving items from friends. But I have to delete the mail immediately after taking the items. If the mail window is closed then opened again I'm unable to delete those mails. Mails that do not have an item in them to take, such as the notifications of sold items on the exchange, I have been unable to delete regardless of when I open them.

Hope this helps.
  • interestedguyinterestedguy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please fix this, I really need to delete mail.
  • fweepsiefweepsie Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Aye. This is becoming pretty annoying. Please try to focus on this issue for the next patch!
  • doubleohninedoubleohnine Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sounds like their new mail cap limit has bugged their system. Way to go Cryptic. Personally, Im not against the cap. I never used my email as extra storage to skirt paying storage fees anyways. So if the cap makes mail run smoother overall, Im fine with that. But to let a bug like this in, thats just amateur. But thats what Cryptic is, a bunch of coding amateurs. :rolleyes:
    STO: @AGNT009 Since Dec 2010
    Capt. Will Conquest of the U.S.S. Crusader
  • arctos1717arctos1717 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Still the same, nothing solved yet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The error actually seems more like permissions issues. I can't delete anything from someone else, prepatch or from the exchange. I can delete new mails from myself. So I'm guessing the added permissions to the mail system which doesn't work properly, I only have the right to delete my own mail and not someone else's mail.
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel
  • suiksagasuiksaga Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sounds like their new mail cap limit has bugged their system. Way to go Cryptic. Personally, Im not against the cap. I never used my email as extra storage to skirt paying storage fees anyways. So if the cap makes mail run smoother overall, Im fine with that. But to let a bug like this in, thats just amateur. But thats what Cryptic is, a bunch of coding amateurs. :rolleyes:

Not hard to hit cap my friend I have 5 characters at 400 slots and still is not enough for my personal use and starbase projects.

Btw the personal bank and the account bank will not hold doffs not like they give that much space for the amount needed in projects.

Example I have one fleet of mine on a major upgrade project right now asking for 1000 doffs and while I would love to donate everything I have saved up cryptic in its usual wisdom has made that nearly impossible to do in a timely manner thanks to that limit.

Remember not all of us are exploiting like so many white kinghts/trolls keep saying .....

Some of us are actually trying to use a system that was put in place when the game was released over 3 years ago, to be told we have been cheating.....

Also its not like i can buy more slots now, my only other choice is to buy more character slot and upgrade to 400 just for holding white doffs or make several alt accounts at this point.

Not sure the doff system was ever intended for us to hold white doff officers for starbase project which is why we were happy the mail system was in place to help us.

Again a stealth nerf with no back up plan to help us eliviate our storage issues one can hope but at this point all I can see if greed while they might get a few sales this won't blow over easy...

On another note I am certain the nerf also effected the mail deleting system and why it is bugged right now, but since they are so clueless on coding things right it might take another week+ at this rate to see any real fixes to even that.
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So, patching now... hopefully we can get a mail fix and a bit of clarity now :)

Hey, I can be optimistic sometimes :P

Oh, and for cross reference:
    Mail is going to get Fixed? (Can't delete mail) **known issue, fix incoming**
    100-attachment mail limit
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • amahoodamahood Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    **sigh** <sings in a screechy old voice> "someday over the rainbow... we'll delete mail.... " <stands beside a Sehlat Cub named 'Toetoe the 2nd'>

"If happy little Gremlins delete mail, beyond the rainbow...... snf snf... Why Oh whyy can't I ?"

I look forward to when we can delete the mail too.

snf .... What I'm not crying I just ....been drinking too much Blood wine!
  • spocktacusspocktacus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Since the Legacy of Romulas update, I can't delete any messages from my in-game mail accounts, on all of my characters. (e.g. item sold in the exchange messages).

Any help with resolving this issue would be most appreciated.

regards,

Spocktacus
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is a known issue as noted in the LoR release notes.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • wenom4wenom4 Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    they need to add here on forum same stuff when cryptic own game ... here in forum you can clean your inbox from game ... in old days but now that is not possible :(
This discussion has been closed.