test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No science vessels, Fed Aligned.. No Vesta's = Fail PWI

alaerickalaerick Member Posts: 166 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Romulan Discussion
Yeah that's right the list of things pissing me off about this expansion pack just keeps on growing and growing. I bought the Vesta Pack, with full intent to use it on my fed aligned Rommy.. But wait! No you can't do that! Not only can you not get a science vessel as a Rommy but even if you shelled out 50$ on an account wide unlocked.. You Still can't! Rock on PWI, the fail is strong in this one.

No new pvp venues, ugly new UI, no more first person camera mode, can't delete mail messages, glitchy outfits, can't use fed aligned outfits on Fed-Romulans, for the love of god this was supposed to be an improvement to the game not a laundry list of reasons to stop playing!
A beautiful death awaits you...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-Foundry-
Campaign: The Battle of Neverwinter - NWS-DOQXFA4ZD
Prologue: A not so simple plan - NW-DCJG75B9D
Post edited by alaerick on

Comments

• majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    alaerick wrote: »
    Yeah that's right the list of things pissing me off about this expansion pack just keeps on growing and growing. I bought the Vesta Pack, with full intent to use it on my fed aligned Rommy.. But wait! No you can't do that! Not only can you not get a science vessel as a Rommy but even if you shelled out 50$ on an account wide unlocked.. You Still can't! Rock on PWI, the fail is strong in this one.

No new pvp venues, ugly new UI, no more first person camera mode, can't delete mail messages, glitchy outfits, can't use fed aligned outfits on Fed-Romulans, for the love of god this was supposed to be an improvement to the game not a laundry list of reasons to stop playing!

Cryptic removed the option for Tier V allied ships during closed beta after player feedback. That was long before launch. Also, the romulans do have a science vessel, it's called the Ha'nom Guardian Warbird.

PvP upgrades are supposed to be coming out within the next major update or two, the UI is a huge improvement over the old UI, shooter mode is still functional, and the romulan costumes are working for romulan characters. The mail system is currently blocking deletion of exchange messages, but that should be fixed soon.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • alaerickalaerick Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic removed the option for Tier V allied ships during closed beta after player feedback. That was long before launch. Also, the romulans do have a science vessel, it's called the Ha'nom Guardian Warbird.

PvP upgrades are supposed to be coming out within the next major update or two, the UI is a huge improvement over the old UI, shooter mode is still functional, and the romulan costumes are working for romulan characters. The mail system is currently blocking deletion of exchange messages, but that should be fixed soon.

Removing the option was stupid, That vessel sucks I want my vesta. I'll not hold my breath for the pvp updates. The UI Is horrible and ugly a major step down from where it was. Shooter mode is not first person mode I fly my ship from first person mode and move around in first person mode. I do not like following my character or ship with a chase cam so you are wrong it is broken. Romulan costumes are buggy at best and that has nothing to do with what I said. Federation outfits such as mirror universe, formal, seven of nine do not work on romulan characters. And yes the mail system is fubar. So you got one thing right in all that nonsense.

f2pdrakron wrote: »
    So much rage ... they did said back when information come out that Romulans could fly their allied ships, however there was no promise they would use every allied ship.

And yes, they cannot use T5 ships and this isnt new, when detailed information come out they said so, that was a month ago so who's fault is that? PW or your because you cannot read.

Even IF they first stated they could use allied ships the moment detailed information come out they mentioned they could NOT use T5 ships, so again its your fault for jumping the gun and of course doesnt change you can use the Vesta in your Federation character, you are not at a lost because I sure as hell cannot use a Vesta on my KDF character and neither can I use a B'rel of Fed character.

I don't spend a ton of time reading garbage all over the web. I wait till something comes out then I play it. I'm a gamer not a fanboi. The lack of T5 ships is simply put greedy. The availability of T3-4 ships is lazy if no T5 ships because they didn't just make a few variants for each level range. This whole expansion is a failure on their part. And your fanboism doesn't help things. Don't make excuses for bad game design.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Foundry-
  • bpharmabpharma Member Posts: 2,022
    edited May 2013
    Well if you're not a fan of the game and clearly this is annoying you this leaves one question. Why not go play something else till something you do like comes along later?

It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
    A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
    This is the last thing I will post.
  • trixiefantrixiefan Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stop and think for a bit, if Fed Roms could use all fed ships and uniforms why ever roll a normal fed character again save for RP(or you really love preset species) when you'd have a lesser selection let alone ever rolling a KDF Rom.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,866 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Removing the option was stupid, That vessel sucks I want my vesta. I'll not hold my breath for the pvp updates. The UI Is horrible and ugly a major step down from where it was. Shooter mode is not first person mode I fly my ship from first person mode and move around in first person mode. I do not like following my character or ship with a chase cam so you are wrong it is broken. Romulan costumes are buggy at best and that has nothing to do with what I said. Federation outfits such as mirror universe, formal, seven of nine do not work on romulan characters. And yes the mail system is fubar. So you got one thing right in all that nonsense.

I don't spend a ton of time reading garbage all over the web. I wait till something comes out then I play it. I'm a gamer not a fanboi. The lack of T5 ships is simply put greedy. The availability of T3-4 ships is lazy if no T5 ships because they didn't just make a few variants for each level range. This whole expansion is a failure on their part. And your fanboism doesn't help things. Don't make excuses for bad game design.

Who said you need to spend a ton of time? All it takes is a few minutes or less depending on the size and how fast you read to read the dev blogs. If you took the littlest time to learn a few things you would of known that Romulans wouldn't have access to their allies t5 ships.

Federation costumes are just that *Federation*, it really sounds like everything you want is on the Federation side? So why make a Romulan if everything you want is on the Fed side?
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
  • ayreon76#1360 ayreon76 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lianthelia wrote: »
    Who said you need to spend a ton of time? All it takes is a few minutes or less depending on the size and how fast you read to read the dev blogs. If you took the littlest time to learn a few things you would of known that Romulans wouldn't have access to their allies t5 ships.

Federation costumes are just that *Federation*, it really sounds like everything you want is on the Federation side? So why make a Romulan if everything you want is on the Fed side?

i dont see a problem in that i was hoping when i join FED i can use FED ships but sadly no -.

but rely if you look the serie there alot of races fly FED ships but stil they are try to there culture

same if a play romulus why not fly FED ore Klingon ships ??
    for me is am romulus and i do everything to get a new home

sorry for the bad english
  • itsrobitsrob Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To be fair, the Romulan tailor is wrecked. Boots and wrist attach are using the eye color palettes. There's some bad clipping issues and the pants are kinda screwy. UI is a matter of taste, I like it some don't. Oh well.

As for ship choice. I sort of agree with OP. Can't use Vesta, fine, I get it. But as for Vice Admiral ships (the ones with the nifty consoles Gold players get 1 for free, tier 5.x I guess) there are 2 Tac ships, 2 Eng ships and 0 sci ships.

Hopefully they will fix it and add one (2?) soon. I will sit on my free VA ship token for a while in hopes that they do see the light. Would hate to waste it on a KDF sci ship 3 days before they put out a Rommie one.

An ETA would be very much appreciated in this thread devs.
  • itstimeyoudieitstimeyoudie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ship selection is terrible for roms right now. I'm currently using the Ha-nom because theirs really no other option for a sci captain. I'm thinking about the t'varo and running a kind of torp boat set up thanks to the commander tac but id much rather have a commander sci and lt comm tac. Really needs to be some more ships because i dont play on spending any zen on ships for my rom cap until thiers something i really want.

Right now its trying to figure out what you should settle for. Which is terrible.

And also i dont seem to haev access to any kdf ship after captain rank. Is that functioning as intended? If so whats the point of even allying lol.
  • tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you want your vesta so bad roll a Vulcan?

I mean really. Come on.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what the hell is wrong with people wanting to use federation ships with their romulans? use your damn fed character if you want to use a fed ship. romulan characters exist to use warbirds. dont like them? then a romulan character isnt for you. that rom sci ship can even use DHCs too, the biggest draw for the vesta in pve use.
  • scurry5scurry5 Member Posts: 1,554 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Heh, they did want to let Romulans fly t5 Fed/KDF ships. It was the community feedback which led them to stop it. For once, the community managed to convince Cryptic to do something, and you actually believe it's because Cryptic is greedy? Should have said something earlier.

And, oh yes, if you deliberately choose to ignore information that has been released in the documentation and waste money as a result, well too freakin' bad.

The only failure here is, therefore, you.
    Ship selection is terrible for roms right now. I'm currently using the Ha-nom because theirs really no other option for a sci captain. I'm thinking about the t'varo and running a kind of torp boat set up thanks to the commander tac but id much rather have a commander sci and lt comm tac. Really needs to be some more ships because i dont play on spending any zen on ships for my rom cap until thiers something i really want.

Right now its trying to figure out what you should settle for. Which is terrible.

And also i dont seem to haev access to any kdf ship after captain rank. Is that functioning as intended? If so whats the point of even allying lol.

Not having access to KDF ships: working exactly as intended. The point of allying is gaining access to the KDF's lower-level consoles, along with their fleet equipment.
    edited May 2013
    If you want your vesta so bad roll a Vulcan?

I mean really. Come on.
    Oh so Vulcans got a cool new storyline to play through with this expansion? Oh wait nope. That requires a romulan. Sadly this is a character that is purely a dead end. No point in playing at 50 because oh wait that's right.. the only good ships for a romulan come out of a lock box.. /fail
    what the hell is wrong with people wanting to use federation ships with their romulans? use your damn fed character if you want to use a fed ship. romulan characters exist to use warbirds. dont like them? then a romulan character isnt for you. that rom sci ship can even use DHCs too, the biggest draw for the vesta in pve use.
    Ever heard of wanting to play through the storyline? However, once I hit 50 I am stuck using a selection of ships I dislike or simply deleting the character to make space for something else rather than simply use the ship I had planned to use.
    scurry5 wrote: »
    Heh, they did want to let Romulans fly t5 Fed/KDF ships. It was the community feedback which led them to stop it. For once, the community managed to convince Cryptic to do something, and you actually believe it's because Cryptic is greedy? Should have said something earlier.

And, oh yes, if you deliberately choose to ignore information that has been released in the documentation and waste money as a result, well too freakin' bad.

The only failure here is, therefore, you.

Not having access to KDF ships: working exactly as intended. The point of allying is gaining access to the KDF's lower-level consoles, along with their fleet equipment.
    No I didn't look for it. I didn't read it and I bought the vesta when it came out. However, I have less than zero plans to spend any more money on another ship. 50$ for a ship is more than enough. Therefore the only failure is well your comprehension and this games community due to their stupidity and the staff for actually doing it. Besides that how many ships have been stolen in the history of Star Trek by another faction? Boarding parties happen all the time and not all ships are captained by Kirk, Picard, Sisko or Janeway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Foundry-
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sadly this is a character that is purely a dead end. No point in playing at 50 because oh wait that's right.. the only good ships for a romulan come out of a lock box.. /fail.

what the hell are you talking about? the warbirds are the best ships in the game. the talshir lockbox ships are TRIBBLE
  • kadaeuxkadaeux Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh so Vulcans got a cool new storyline to play through with this expansion? Oh wait nope. That requires a romulan. Sadly this is a character that is purely a dead end. No point in playing at 50 because oh wait that's right.. the only good ships for a romulan come out of a lock box.. /fail

I see a great deal of whining and no substance. Yes the Romulans have a cool new storyline, and its a damned good one, and you're complaining because you can't use the ship you bought without actually checking out the facts.
    Ever heard of wanting to play through the storyline? However, once I hit 50 I am stuck using a selection of ships I dislike or simply deleting the character to make space for something else rather than simply use the ship I had planned to use.

Failure and the elective ignorance on your part is solely and completely responsible for your conundrum. You've made it look, probably accurately, like you bought a ship based on the RUMOUR that Romulans might be able to use it on the VAGUE wording put out.

And then complaining that it is actually not the way you dreamed to to be.
    No I didn't look for it. I didn't read it and I bought the vesta when it came out.

This is your fault and your fault alone. Persistent World Entertainment and Cryptic are not responsible for sending out a crier to your location to tell you about everything they're doing. IF you're going to put money down for something common sense says you actually look into it not go "SQUEEE I heard from a friends third cousin's roommate that it'd be this way. *Throw money at it.*"
    However, I have less than zero plans to spend any more money on another ship. 50$ for a ship is more than enough.

Good, perhaps if you don't spend any more money on another ship PWI, Cryptic and the community at large will be spared your complaining about something quite clearly documented in the lead up to release.
    Therefore the only failure is well your comprehension and this games community due to their stupidity and the staff for actually doing it.

The "failure of comprehension" is all yours buddy. When you state you bought a product for something without ANY actual official releases to support it there is nobody to blame but you. And since there were official releases that say "No that won't be possible" then, tough luck for you.
    Besides that how many ships have been stolen in the history of Star Trek by another faction? Boarding parties happen all the time and not all ships are captained by Kirk, Picard, Sisko or Janeway.

Completely and totally irrelevant.
  • saxfiresaxfire Member Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is fail on your part, not on cryptic, they told you that you can only use T1-T4 ships. Just because you're into so much hype doesn't allow you to blame others.
    Say the word, it saves the world.
    CUUCUUMBEER! "-With slight partigen with it."
    Proud member or DPS-800 "-We kill dem mines with our scitter turrets."
  • antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This entire thread is like...

a 16 year old kid who's father buys him a bugatti.

Then the kid turns and says WTH man I told you I wanted a mustang.

hahaha is all I can say.

Dude the Romulan Battle Cloaking Cannon toting Singularity slinging science ship makes the vesta look like an out of date pinto.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • daboholicdaboholic Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Well if all you wanted was to experience the "Cool new storyline" you wouldn't be doing that in your Vesta anyway (even if it could be flown by Romulans).

The unique Romulan storyline runs out long before you'd be at level 50 and able to fly a Vesta (after that it's the Featured Episodes shared by all toons). The only way you'd be able to do the Romulan storyline in a Vesta would be if you ignored as much of it as possible and used the Mirror Event and other Fleet Actions to level and saved the sotry until you got to level 50.

So why not level a Romulan play the "Cool new storyline" and when that runs out switch over to your Fed and fly your Vesta, if that's so important to you? That way you get the best of both worlds.
    edited May 2013
    No I didn't look for it. I didn't read it and I bought the vesta when it came out. However, I have less than zero plans to spend any more money on another ship. 50$ for a ship is more than enough. Therefore the only failure is well your comprehension and this games community due to their stupidity and the staff for actually doing it.

So you didn't look for information before spending. You assumed that you could use the ship, without choosing to do your homework. Therefore, it's your fault, and thus, failure to comprehend the mechanics of the game on your part. Therefore, the fail is on you. Pure and simple. What, exactly, do I fail to comprehend?

You have zero plans to buy another ship. Sure, completely up to you, I'll give you that.

On the other hand, you just alienated any audience you might have that might have been sympathetic. The only people who read these forums are the devs and this game's community. Congratulations on insulting both of them at a stroke.
    Besides that how many ships have been stolen in the history of Star Trek by another faction? Boarding parties happen all the time and not all ships are captained by Kirk, Picard, Sisko or Janeway.

So what? Captains pilot stolen ships temporarily. But, if you would refer to the data, you should realise that they always return to their own ships. Just check out the Romulan mission where you steal an Elachi escort. Sure, you stole it. But you don't pilot it afterwards, do you? Even when they stole the KDF BoP in the movies, they still had to give it up. Even the Prometheus was certainly hijacked. However, in all cases, they were taken for study after being used for a single operation. I challenge you to find a single case in Star Trek of a faction using another faction's ship for more than a single operation.
  • symetreus69symetreus69 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    However, in all cases, they were taken for study after being used for a single operation. I challenge you to find a single case in Star Trek of a faction using another faction's ship for more than a single operation.

Dukat in his BoP, didn't he spend a year or so in it? I for am am glad Romulans can't use T5 ships but I would've liked a T5 Z-Store Sci ship, I'm sure one will come along but highly doubtful it will be purchasable with a gold token (those are reserved for ships classified as a refit, Haakona isn't purchasable with gold token for example). A universal Cmdr slot on the T'Varo could be kinda fun for a sciency ship!
    Lifer since headstart!
  • misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dukat in his BoP, didn't he spend a year or so in it? I for am am glad Romulans can't use T5 ships but I would've liked a T5 Z-Store Sci ship, I'm sure one will come along but highly doubtful it will be purchasable with a gold token (those are reserved for ships classified as a refit, Haakona isn't purchasable with gold token for example). A universal Cmdr slot on the T'Varo could be kinda fun for a sciency ship!

Well, Dukat didn't have any ship to go back to since he blew his own up while the Klingons were on it.
    And there was nowhere to go for him from that point onwards.
    So I don't think this one actually counts.;)

I myself will get a T'varo for my Tac and a Ha'nom for my Science.
    I'm actually surprised how much I'm looking forward to the Ha'nom.

And anyone who is surprised he'll have to fly Romulan ships when he plays a Romulan...well I think I don't have to say more.
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't spend a ton of time reading garbage all over the web. I wait till something comes out then I play it.
    So your strategy is to throw $50 at something and read the details later? Change in strategy may be appropriate
    edited May 2013
    My god how many dense people posting in this thread. I bought the vesta long before there was mention of a LOR expansion pack. I said quite clearly "I bought the vesta when it came out". Not when LOR came out when the vesta came out. I do not plan to invest more money in this game at present because of a laundry list of reasons getting longer by the day least of which is the ship.

The absence of any kind of quality outfits, ships, or even the ability to toggle first person camera mode is driving me away from the game. And the community is just as bad as the developers. I do not like having no quality pvp at end game. I do not like being forced in to one or two ships to be able to compete at it. I was hoping this expac would remedy the problems but alas it has just created more of them and broke things which were not already broken (The UI for example and camera modes).

Now please get your collective heads out of your arses and grow a set.
    Dude the Romulan Battle Cloaking Cannon toting Singularity slinging science ship makes the vesta look like an out of date pinto.

And you think this is a good thing? /facepalm

So basically if you don't play a Romulan and use a Romulan ship you might as well just not play? Because it's now the FotM OP bullship?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Foundry-
    edited May 2013
    My god how many dense people posting in this thread. I bought the vesta long before there was mention of a LOR expansion pack. I said quite clearly "I bought the vesta when it came out". Not when LOR came out when the vesta came out. I do not plan to invest more money in this game at present because of a laundry list of reasons getting longer by the day least of which is the ship.

Very well then. Fine, I misread that part. Note that you did not mention that fact until your first reply to my post. At that time, you insulted us for not knowing something you didn't even tell us. If the least of your problems is the ship, wrong subforum and wrong thread title. Either Romulan Gameplay or STO General Discussion would give you better results.
    The absence of any kind of quality outfits, ships, or even the ability to toggle first person camera mode is driving me away from the game. And the community is just as bad as the developers. I do not like having no quality pvp at end game. I do not like being forced in to one or two ships to be able to compete at it. I was hoping this expac would remedy the problems but alas it has just created more of them and broke things which were not already broken (The UI for example and camera modes).

The UI is a subjective evaluation. Some like it, some don't. Can't please everyone.

Camera modes.....well, could have said something during Open Beta. There was simply no outcry for it, meaning there would be no change.

PvP certainly doesn't force you into 'one or two' ships. Not unless you want to be that uber-player who beats everyone in sight. Still, Cryptic could most definitely improve PvP.

Quality outfits - understandable, and agreed. Still, not much noise from the community, so the devs probably aren't giving it much priority. Individual threads for each issue would probably gain more traction with them.
    And you think this is a good thing? /facepalm

So basically if you don't play a Romulan and use a Romulan ship you might as well just not play? Because it's now the FotM OP bullship?

This is quite a turnabout from your original stance. In your own words,
    That vessel sucks I want my vesta.
    the only good ships for a romulan come out of a lock box..

Could you make up your mind then? Changing your argument mid-way isn't exactly recommended.

We're all entitled to a bit of hyperbole, and while the Romulan ship is good, it by no means outdoes the Vesta.
    edited May 2013
    Very well then. Fine, I misread that part. Note that you did not mention that fact until your first reply to my post. At that time, you insulted us for not knowing something you didn't even tell us. If the least of your problems is the ship, wrong subforum and wrong thread title. Either Romulan Gameplay or STO General Discussion would give you better results.

The UI is a subjective evaluation. Some like it, some don't. Can't please everyone.

Camera modes.....well, could have said something during Open Beta. There was simply no outcry for it, meaning there would be no change.

PvP certainly doesn't force you into 'one or two' ships. Not unless you want to be that uber-player who beats everyone in sight. Still, Cryptic could most definitely improve PvP.

Quality outfits - understandable, and agreed. Still, not much noise from the community, so the devs probably aren't giving it much priority. Individual threads for each issue would probably gain more traction with them.

This is quite a turnabout from your original stance. In your own words,

Could you make up your mind then? Changing your argument mid-way isn't exactly recommended.

We're all entitled to a bit of hyperbole, and while the Romulan ship is good, it by no means outdoes the Vesta.
    Thank you for at least correcting your mistake on that statement. I thought it was clear enough that "I bought the vesta when 'IT' was new" was clear enough I guess to many people replaced "IT" with LOR not with the only active subject in the sentence, The Vesta.

It never dawned on me that I needed to open beta test something to ensure a feature currently in game would remain in game. Namely the camera mode toggling. I am a fleet leader I don't have time to go around spending hours in a beta when I have duties to my fleet.

I never turned around on that statement I simply replied to someone who was saying that the Vesta looked like an out dated pinto compared to the new ships. I am most angry about the camera mode change because nothing looks or feels right anymore the lack of T5 Fed ship support is just icing on the cake at this point.

I admit I'm overly vitriolic but I feel I have good reason to be. I invested a ton of time and money in to this game and as a fleet leader feel obligated to keep playing it but at this point I'd rather leave due to the growing list of complaints I have with it.

I feel it sucks because it is not what I want to use. Not because it is not the new OP fotm ship. Everyone knows the old OP fotm ship was the JH Bugship. I was hoping this xpac would balance things not replace old OP nonsense with new OP nonsense. All ships new and old should be brought in line with each other so it is player choice.. not luck of the draw or amount of RL cash dumped in to it that determines performance on the battlefield.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Foundry-
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OP, I'm a firm believer that the Tier 5 ships should never and I repeat never become crossfaction. Not even one of them. In this case, you were discussing the Vesta, which is the pinacle of Starfleet technology in starship development. There are many reasons as to why the ship sharing should not be possible, but probably the most viable one is that if this happens there will be no point except RP reasons to roll anything but a Romulan char.

Now I feel your pain, but the Romulans actually do have one science ship at T5 that happens to be free. This is the exact ammount of science ships that the KDF, a faction that has been in STO for 3 years has. And Klingons even have to buy it with zen. That's with the exception of the timeship and even then a Romulan timeship is in the works to become availible from the same lockbox. So, in STO it's not unusual for a faction a week old to have a tight selection of ships. The Romulan warbird roster will grow as time passes, but patience is virtue.

If you don't like the science ship the Romulans have atm, why not try one of the other science heavy ships, like the Dhelan for ex. Even the T'Varo can be set to fulfill a sciency role. Hell, I bought the starter pack with that in mind, the T'Varo with a Lt.sci and Lt.Cmdr Universal (make it a sci) and that's one mean warbird that can spam sci. abilities while remaining cloaked. :)
    Or if you like to play the amazing stories that the Romulan faction has, but feel at disadvanatge because you think the only sci.ship sucks, why not pick a different career? You can't always have your cake and eat it, there are times when it's just not possible. It's like me saying - I want to play as a Fed. engineer, but I think all Starfleet cruisers suck, so I want to use my Tor'kaht on my Fed. engineer.

Rest assured that more Romulan ships are comming. You can bare with the ones you have at disposal for a while if you really like the Romulan faction. The first that is comming is probably the Romulan timeship, which will be a sci.ship that you could possibly like. And also I expect a Scimitar 3-pack to be comming soon, I'd bet one of the 3 will be a science heavy carrier. The Romulan faction is a fresh new faction, so we need to have patience. More is certainly comming, it just couldn't be made all at once.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • jtcrockjtcrock Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Call it what ya like, I missed any info stating that Vice Admiral level ships that were bought from the store would not be available for Romulan officers and since there are no VA level Romulan ships as they all have only 9 console slots not to mention a 20% deficit in powers,
    Playing a Romulan Officer will no longer be an option that I would look forward to. I do like the game tho and will still have fun with my Fed and KDF officers. Just hope the Bugs will be ironed out soon.
    :) I'm Doing Pretty Good.......but i'll get over that
  • misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jtcrock wrote: »
    Call it what ya like, I missed any info stating that Vice Admiral level ships that were bought from the store would not be available for Romulan officers and since there are no VA level Romulan ships as they all have only 9 console slots not to mention a 20% deficit in powers,
    Playing a Romulan Officer will no longer be an option that I would look forward to. I do like the game tho and will still have fun with my Fed and KDF officers. Just hope the Bugs will be ironed out soon.

UMMM...all VA ships, except currently 4 ships from the C-Store, have 9 consoles.
    10 console slots are actually the Fleet ships' main characteristic.;)

The power deficit...well that's of course something that can be debated.
    Personally I have no problem with it and find the Romulan ships have other advantages that balance that out.:)
  • reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,172 Arc User
    edited May 2013

This was a new Romulan Faction expansion, not a Romulan subset of the existing factions.

It sounds like you want to play a Federation character, and are moaning because a Romulan character isn't a Federation character. Its not supposed to be.
    edited May 2013
    reximuz wrote: »
    This was a new Romulan Faction expansion, not a Romulan subset of the existing factions.

It sounds like you want to play a Federation character, and are moaning because a Romulan character isn't a Federation character. Its not supposed to be.

My romulan has allied itself with the federatiion & joined my empire (fleet). A supreme empress of my empire I say it can use what ever I want from an RP reason. My 50$ says all federation characters can use it.. Idiotic fanbois complaining during beta apparently ruined the game.. typical.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Foundry-
  • aevlomaevlom Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lots of us like the top tier Romulan ships BETTER than Fed/Klingon.
    If you can't adapt to them, roll a Fed alien toon and make him look Romulan, that's what I did when the game launched initially.