test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Banned - LOR Starter/Legacy Pack

krystallos66krystallos66 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I ordered the LOR Starter Pack a few weeks ago. When LOR went live I started some Romulan characters and tried to retrieve my Starter Pack which I had already paid for. It was not showing up in the C-Store for me to claim. I sent in several tickets to get this addressed. I tried their methods from the forum posts on how to retrieve, still could not. I wrote more tickets. All they have done is send me the same automated reply about doing the same thing the forum posts says, which does not work. It showed on my transaction that my purchase had completed on 5/7/13.

There are many others experiencing this same problem. I got tired of getting absolutely no response about this matter and disputed my payment for the Starter Pack which I still had not received with Paypal. Well in warning to any others who have this problem... they cannot get you your purchase but they can ban you within minutes of disputing payment for it.

So I guess if you are interested in continuing to play you just have to let them TRIBBLE you out of your recent purchase or suffer the same consequences as me.

Regards...
A Very Unhappy Customer
Post edited by krystallos66 on

Comments

• Options
    squigishsquigish Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's actually pretty common for online games to have an instant ban applied to anyone who disputes a payment. The assumption is that you've stolen someone else's credit card, or are otherwise up to no good. I think they mostly do it because it's easier to just ban you than to actually look at the problem and fix it.

While I don't know how many of these events happen, I imagine that there are a lot of them, and the vast majority are indeed fraudulent. See if you can get a response here, or you could also try twitter (@trekonlinegame and @pwe_branflakes are the two main contacts).
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have had similar things happen when a payment bug resulted in no ZEN.

My advice is to contact Brandon and submit both community and billing tickets.

My suggestion here is that you probably forgot to click on the e-mail confirmation to apply the pack to your account or didn't get the e-mail. So from PWE's perspective, it's a reversed charge for something they delivered.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    As to the last reply, I did get the email you mentioned, clicked the link and it shows that the transaction is complete and I get the Thanks for supporting STO... message but still cannot access it on the C-store. It also showed completed in my transactions history. I was considering trying out Neverwinter until this happened, it made that decision much easier.
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As to the last reply, I did get the email you mentioned, clicked the link and it shows that the transaction is complete and I get the Thanks for supporting STO... message but still cannot access it on the C-store. It also showed completed in my transactions history. I was considering trying out Neverwinter until this happened, it made that decision much easier.

Did you look under Bundles rather than Legacy Unlocks?

Also, it can only be claimed on a Romulan.
  • Options
    woppy1woppy1 Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    as I have said in other threads they are only interested in taking your money, they are not interested in fixing any of the problems
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I have a feeling this may be the case. its not in the place you would expect it to be, but it should be there.
  • Options
    lordfuzunlordfuzun Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    woppy1 wrote: »
    as I have said in other threads they are only interested in taking your money, they are not interested in fixing any of the problems

And you would be wrong. If they are having problems getting transaction to go through. Or they are not see what they bought. They need to contact Customer Server and give them time to work the problem. Disputing a charging should be the absolutely last thing that your should do. The most important thing is to BE PATIENT. I know you feel that you should be first and foremost but you aren't there are dozens of others who have problems that need to be worked on as well. You issues will be handled. It just might take some time. So BE PATIENT. I'm talking SEVERAL DAYS of patience.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    lordfuzun wrote: »
    And you would be wrong. If they are having problems getting transaction to go through. Or they are not see what they bought. They need to contact Customer Server and give them time to work the problem. Disputing a charging should be the absolutely last thing that your should do. The most important thing is to BE PATIENT. I know you feel that you should be first and foremost but you aren't there are dozens of others who have problems that need to be worked on as well. You issues will be handled. It just might take some time. So BE PATIENT. I'm talking SEVERAL DAYS of patience.

why should I be patient, I have paid 100's if not 1000's of dollars to play this game and I cant even access my main toon that I have played with since year DOT, it has been like this for THREE yes THREE F*****G days now yet all we see is new lockbox available, master key sale extended(we want your money only Interested IN F*****G MONEY) what we don't see is a fix incoming, no server maintained today so im now left until Monday afternoon at the earliest for a fix, that will be FIVE F*****G DAYS!!!!!
  • Options
    edited May 2013

I checked Bundles (first since this was where it was supposed to be) and Legacy unlocks. In fact I looked in EVERY section of the store both inside the game and from the website and it is not there. And yes, I did use Romulan characters to look. I also used a couple of different browsers to check... still not there. As much money as I have already spent on this game at this point I would just rather have my game turned back on and eat the $20. I already closed my dispute in Paypal hoping I can get it turned back on but it probably won't happen til next week at this point.

I, for one, would have been happy with a "Hey, we know about your problem and are working to fix it" but all I got was closed in game tickets and repeated automated reply emails with solutions that did not work.
  • Options
    trenthowelltrenthowell Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    why should I be patient, I have paid 100's if not 1000's of dollars to play this game and I cant even access my main toon that I have played with since year DOT, it has been like this for THREE yes THREE F*****G days now yet all we see is new lockbox available, master key sale extended(we want your money only Interested IN F*****G MONEY) what we don't see is a fix incoming, no server maintained today so im now left until Monday afternoon at the earliest for a fix, that will be FIVE F*****G DAYS!!!!!

Honestly, I have no sympathy for you, seriously no sympathy (insert world's smallest violin here). You are one of those that thinks stuff has to get done at a snap of a finger. News Flash: world doesn't work that way and sure as s*** doesn't revolve around you either, you are just one more issue in another pile of issues they are trying to deal with. New Massive Patch/expansion that has to be programmed to work with multiple OS's, graphics cards, ect. Even if they manage to get the mass majority working properly, there will ALWAYS be things that slip through the cracks and then figure out why its slipping through the cracks for those few special cases.

The Lockbox, master key sale and extension have probably been in the pipeline for awhile now and just continuing as normal.

Patches, while probably tested ahead of time, doesn't mean everything is going to work 100% all the time, and for a patch the size of LoR, or any major season patch really, stuff like this is expected to happen. Even in other games with massive updates, i've seen at least one or a few groups have issues, then there are people like you that raise hell cause they happened to be one of the unlucky ones and expect the issue to be instantly fixed while providing no information to the devs to potentially help speed along the process

@krystallos66

No sympathy for you either, on account of you should have contacted customer support first instead of going off the handle and disputing the payment. You had all the information saying that you purchased the pack, so there would have been no way they could dispute it and if it was delivered, i'm sure they would have told you how to claim it.

And PWE customer service does work, i had to deal with them last month for another PWE game involving a code I had received, but the page to actually claim said code was not working for a few days. Sent in a ticket, got the stuff that was attached to said code within 2 days of sending the ticket. Not the fastest i've seen, but i sent that ticket on the weekend too, so i didn't expect a response till that Monday anyway.

Stop having knee jerk reactions and actually learn to be patient.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Honestly, I have no sympathy for you, seriously no sympathy (insert world's smallest violin here). You are one of those that thinks stuff has to get done at a snap of a finger. News Flash: world doesn't work that way and sure as s*** doesn't revolve around you either, you are just one more issue in another pile of issues they are trying to deal with. New Massive Patch/expansion that has to be programmed to work with multiple OS's, graphics cards, ect. Even if they manage to get the mass majority working properly, there will ALWAYS be things that slip through the cracks and then figure out why its slipping through the cracks for those few special cases.

The Lockbox, master key sale and extension have probably been in the pipeline for awhile now and just continuing as normal.

Patches, while probably tested ahead of time, doesn't mean everything is going to work 100% all the time, and for a patch the size of LoR, or any major season patch really, stuff like this is expected to happen. Even in other games with massive updates, i've seen at least one or a few groups have issues, then there are people like you that raise hell cause they happened to be one of the unlucky ones and expect the issue to be instantly fixed while providing no information to the devs to potentially help speed along the process

@krystallos66

No sympathy for you either, on account of you should have contacted customer support first instead of going off the handle and disputing the payment. You had all the information saying that you purchased the pack, so there would have been no way they could dispute it and if it was delivered, i'm sure they would have told you how to claim it.

And PWE customer service does work, i had to deal with them last month for another PWE game involving a code I had received, but the page to actually claim said code was not working for a few days. Sent in a ticket, got the stuff that was attached to said code within 2 days of sending the ticket. Not the fastest i've seen, but i sent that ticket on the weekend too, so i didn't expect a response till that Monday anyway.

Stop having knee jerk reactions and actually learn to be patient.

and its kn*bs like you that don't care about anyone else as long as your game is working, I hope the only way to fix it is to have a game wide character reset then we will see how much sympathy you have then you T*T
  • Options
    scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    and its kn*bs like you that don't care about anyone else as long as your game is working, I hope the only way to fix it is to have a game wide character reset then we will see how much sympathy you have then you T*T

Just a word of caution, you are walking a very thin line (if you have not already crossed it).

TO Anyone with billing issues:

Billing issues are handled through PWE, not Cryptic. Your dispute is with PWE. The people that are working on things like Lock Boxes, ships, and other game related stuff is done by Cryptic. Don't be mad at Cryptic because PWE messed up your billing.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    scififan78 wrote: »
    Just a word of caution, you are walking a very thin line (if you have not already crossed it).

what they going to do ban me? the game doesn't work anyway :rolleyes: and if they do there will be a big fat claim and credit card charge backs coming from me for all cash paid!
  • Options
    hayabusafuryhayabusafury Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Because you are in a line behind other people that paid 100's if not 1000's of dollars to play this game also. You have to wait your turn like everyone else.

You acting like you did got you banned. And deservedly so, my friend. If your ticket spam and correspondence was anything like your follow ups to this post, then you were banned for several reasons I am sure.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Help rebuild the Romulan Star Empire to glory. Click the banner to join today.

• Options
    aexraelaexrael Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what they going to do ban me? the game doesn't work anyway :rolleyes: and if they do there will be a big fat claim and credit card charge backs coming from me for all cash paid!

Ranting like a lunatic on the forums won't get the problem solved, no one is going to swoop in to this thread and magically go "tah dah, your problem is fixed". Only contacting customerservice directly and explaining in a calm and rational manner will see the issue solved.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=267893
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    aexrael wrote: »
    Ranting like a lunatic on the forums won't get the problem solved, no one is going to swoop in to this thread and magically go "tah dah, your problem is fixed". Only contacting customerservice directly and explaining in a calm and rational manner will see the issue solved.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=267893

yes I have done that already in a very calm and polite manner TWICE only to have two emails back saying they are aware of the problem
  • Options
    nadiezjanadiezja Member Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yes I have done that already in a very calm and polite manner TWICE only to have two emails back saying they are aware of the problem

Then they're aware of the problem. Back off and let them fix it. In case you hadn't noticed, there's a lot of issues right now related to the expansion, including bugs that keep people from playing their characters at all, and they've got only so many people working. It might be a few days.
  • Options
    alexrichardsalexrichards Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh Woppy, if they said they were aware of the problem , it means you were in line to get fixed... By using a charge back, you violated the ToS and got banned - I wouldn't epect to see your account back if I'm honest.
    Admiral Alex 'Grumpy Cat' Richards
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What you looking @ Admiral?"
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Because you are in a line behind other people that paid 100's if not 1000's of dollars to play this game also. You have to wait your turn like everyone else.

You acting like you did got you banned. And deservedly so, my friend. If your ticket spam and correspondence was anything like your follow ups to this post, then you were banned for several reasons I am sure.

By the Way big lad I have not been banned ;)
  • Options
    berniestompaberniestompa Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh Woppy, if they said they were aware of the problem , it means you were in line to get fixed... By using a charge back, you violated the ToS and got banned - I wouldn't epect to see your account back if I'm honest.

This TBh oh and LoL

Hey Woopy can I haz your... oh wait :P
  • Options
    edited May 2013

where in my post did I say I had done a charge back, I said I would do one. reading helps:rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Take this as a warning not to then. Pwe are within their rights to ban players using charge backs. It may take a while but, if you followed all procedures you will get your pack. Eventually.. (to qualify, you have spoke to PwE support yes and not cryptic?)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Take this as a warning not to then. Pwe are within their rights to ban players using charge backs. It may take a while but, if you followed all procedures you will get your pack. Eventually.. (to qualify, you have spoke to PwE support yes and not cryptic?)

im not the one missing the pack, im the one that's missing all my toons because they are stuck in the server not responding bug
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Urgh.. that old chestnut. Then I feel for you on that one as you are reliant on Cryptic squishing that particular bug :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bpharmabpharma Member Posts: 2,022
    edited May 2013
    I don't think you read the ToS and other legal documentation when you clicked accept Woopy. They may ban you for any reason at all and that is explicitly stated.

Online purchasing doesn't work like it does in the real world with a physical object as you can't give it back for a refund. If in PWEs eyes they have given you the item you have paid for then by all means you cannot ask for a refund and going through your bank to get money back would technically be like trying to steal money from PWE.

I suggest you calm down, go play something else for a few days and chill. At the moment you're sounding like this or another equally bad 12 year old.

It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
    A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
    This is the last thing I will post.
  • Options
    shakesfistatskyshakesfistatsky Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    By the Way big lad I have not been banned ;)

Not yet but you should be for that monumentally childish rant. I've sunk thousands of dollars into this game and and sometimes things don't work properly. That's life. Get over yourself.

As for your wish of a character reset...that's petty and sad.
    I survived the 2012 Forum Merge - Join Date 11/2008
  • Options
    torgaddon101torgaddon101 Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is why I use a pre-paid master card as it affords you more consumer protection.

on both side, where as Paypal don't

Honestly why people don't use these to buy online confuses me..

I feel your pain my friend and I'm sure it will be resolved in time, but that no comfort to you here and now.

as to the others having a go at you bear this in mind that it could have happened to you, so show a little bit more compassion.

moral of the story is..

use a pre-paid master card.

best wish's getting this resolved.
  • Options
    gibsonunderscoregibsonunderscore Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is why I support the game only by purchasing items that have been on the store for at least two months. No pre-orders, no subscriptions. It's not worth all the pain to save a couple of bucks. In this case, a stitch in time... accidentally stabs you in the thigh and pierces an artery.

I don't fault Cryptic, or even Perfect World. Technology will fail you. There's no "maybe" or "might" It WILL fail and you will be there, in the middle of something really important when it does so.
  • Options
    scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thing is, as best as I can remember, there were very few billing issues talked about on the forums before PWE took over.
  • Options
    drasketodrasketo Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't fault Cryptic, or even Perfect World. Technology will fail you. There's no "maybe" or "might" It WILL fail and you will be there, in the middle of something really important when it does so.

You probably shouldnt fault Cryptic as they are basically hamstrung, but PWE, definitely. Their Customer Service is abominable.