test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Game Crashing at Load Screen

daqheghdaqhegh Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
I'm not getting stuck at the load screen -- my game is literally crashing. Sometimes I have to go into my task manager and force close it to be able to use the rest of my computer.

It would seem Lifers (such as myself) have no access to LoR. Sorry I'm not a rich F2Per.
My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.
Post edited by daqhegh on

Comments

• Options
    xcom43xcom43 Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I loged in just fine to game but right now kids are out of school.So most likely the servers are getting busy.
    The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    That doesn't explain why I can't get past load screen, or why my game CRASHES. Server load would lead to lag in game...I can't even get to the game. I think if they want to ban me they should just do it and get it over with. I'm not going to keep logging in and letting it crash. No telling what too much of that will do to my computer.

Bottom line: PWE despises their customers. They've proven it time and time again. I even waited a few days to load the patch, and STILL no luck.

Their incompetence is NOT amusing.
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.
  • Options
    xcom43xcom43 Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When was the last time your system was cleaned.
    The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    About a month ago. I did it myself -- disk cleanup, defrag, the whole bit. NEVER had a problem logging in before.
  • Options
    archer6621archer6621 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    daqhegh wrote: »
    I'm not getting stuck at the load screen -- my game is literally crashing. Sometimes I have to go into my task manager and force close it to be able to use the rest of my computer.

It would seem Lifers (such as myself) have no access to LoR. Sorry I'm not a rich F2Per.

im free 2 play and my game has been crashing i can only play for an hour or 2 then it crashes it started ever since Lor was launched what should i do?
    ya im a red shirt so what im a master at being cannon fodder so what?:cool:
  • Options
    eurosideurosid Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    archer6621 wrote: »
    im free 2 play and my game has been crashing i can only play for an hour or 2 then it crashes it started ever since Lor was launched what should i do?

I wish I could play for an hour or 2 before crash. I get between 0 and 10 seconds, then *POOF* - I'm looking at my desktop. There's a little dialog box that seems to be some kind of crash report tool, but then that disappears as well...

:(:(:(
  • Options
    karcornerkarcorner Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stuck at the load screen, are you getting server not responding? If you are that is a big issue I don't foresee in the near future cryptic will fix if ever. Prob will do character restores at this point, but back to the issue. If you are having to ctrl-alt-del the screen it is not really crashing, more like freezing. With most tech stuff go to your start menu and there will be a search area, type dxdiag and press enter. You can post that as others will see your info and may find a problem. Anyone having crashing issues should do that and post it.
    Also important is to update your video card drivers, really important. For the game crashing after playing it I would check your temperature especially your video card, it may be heating up. I use a program called speedfan, free to download.
  • Options
    prkillerjrprkillerjr Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For me for somereason the loading screen gets stuck at 95% for hours when entering New Romulus, I tried end tasking and relaunching the game and I still get stuck and now I can't get past the loading screen at all. It as never happen before the update or when entering other places and Its the only character I have that I did the most in and I don't want to have to delete it.
  • Options
    enterprise1701axenterprise1701ax Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    daqhegh, same here! I'm also a lifetimer who has the exact same game launcher problem. It was fine Tuesday morning, before LoR, never a problem. Once LoR started, my game launcher crashes every time when it patches. I and many other locked-out players have tried all the STO forum suggestions to no effect; the problem is not on our end. So that's ZERO minutes of game access in 93 hours! And Cryptic doesn't seem to care -- I can't get any acknowledgement of our plight on the forums from anyone from STO. Well, they will care shortly. Without game access, why would we as CUSTOMERS continue to buy Zen or a Romulan pack? It's financial insanity. And poor customer service/tech support. FOUR DAYS without a fix to a patch-crash problem to the game launcher -- a system that worked fine prior to LoR and has nothing to do with new game content, thus kicking paying customers out of the game -- yet minor problems get fixed?
  • Options
    okletsgo714okletsgo714 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lifetimer here and having same issues on my beast gaming machine. But my Dell shelf mini shelf computer is fine. I even tried reinstalling to no avail. Very sad :(
    Resistance is Fun
  • Options
    okletsgo714okletsgo714 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Turned out the latest version had a bug with my video card drivers. I updated my nvidia drivers and it worked again. Make sure to always update your drivers!
    Resistance is Fun