test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Windows 7 64 Bit question

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
I had a question about running this game in 64 bit, I ran closed beta and when running it I noticed that the game client always ran in the task manager with the *32... does this mean that it is only running on the 32 bit platform? Forgive me if this is a stupid question :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    All programs that are coded in 32 bit will have the *32 on Windows 7 64 bit. Nothing really that special about it.. Not that many programs, or games for that matter are coded in 64bit anyway.
    edited January 2010
    Sumoben wrote: »
    All programs that are coded in 32 bit will have the *32 on Windows 7 64 bit. Nothing really that special about it.. Not that many programs, or games for that matter are coded in 64bit anyway.

So STO is coded in 32 bit I take it?
    edited January 2010
    Yeah, for simplicity of distribution to all Windows computers, be it 32 or 64 bit.
  • kriactkriact Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can I play STO with 64 bit Windows 7?
  • kchundakchunda Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kriact wrote: »
    Can I play STO with 64 bit Windows 7?

Yep. I do.
    Addicted: January 2012

batlh QIH 'ej!
  • xcom43xcom43 Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    64bit is mainly for the amount of ram you are using.

64bit gives the max amount of ram your mob can support.

32bit only allows 3.5gigs of ram.

Most mmos now can run on 64bit systems with out issue.Even 90% of the regular CD based games run just fine on 64bit based system.But i have found with windows 7 64bit a lot of older Games will not run on windows vista,7,8 64bit version.And the only way to get to play them is either have Xp dual boot system or VM in windows vista,7,8.
    The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.