test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Great work Cryptic. New patch brings back "Login failed..." error

Sorry Dev?s. But does anybody in your office knowing what he?s doing?

A new patch today " For improvement od Server stability" as Bran stated and what?s happening?

The" Login failed for unknown reason" is back.

For me this is no more solving issues nor proper programming.

I think you are stuck in some " Trial and error".

I won?t mention if you take down the servers for a whole day or two. But get this issues fixed for good.
Post edited by carardrhas25 on

Comments

• szponixxszponixx Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here. You guys did something really bad this time. Can't login. Loading gets stuck on character list loading screen or retrieving maps screen. The I get 'Login failed fo unknown reasons"...

Also, forum is now slower than my dead parrot...
  • tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Unresolved Issues again,it's almost the weekend,why are we not surprised.

Sorry,you've used all my patience up during the farcical midweek launch fiasco,kindly pull your fingers out and stop making this franchise look decidedly second rate... :o
  • mew4evermew4ever Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, It's back. Started where I couldn't log into my VA fed characters, now I can't log in at all. "Login Failed for Unknown Reason".
  • paulymanpaulyman Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yep nobody can log in but hey lets leave the servers up and ignore the problem
  • scarrnscarrn Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Star Trek - The Trouble with the Unknown Reason - my favorite episode.

I was also stuck on the loading screen a couple of times, then it loaded and when I clicked play the error kicked in.
  • tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    szponixx wrote: »
    Same here. You guys did something really bad this time. Can't login. Loading gets stuck on character list loading screen or retrieving maps screen. The I get 'Login failed fo unknown reasons"...

Also, forum is now slower than my dead parrot...

No, no.....No, 'e's stunned! :D
  • j4321j4321 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow, Cryptic. Way to stay classy.

Seems pretty obvious that someone forgot to merge code fixes over the last few days into today's patch.

Seriously, I wish I had the Cryptic dev's job. A dream job, by any stretch. You can make mistakes, fall below 98% uptime regularly, offer no transparency, totally disregard your clients, and still have your job at the end of the day.

At my job, if I do something crazy, like allow my network to fall below 99.9% uptime, or fail to report issues, or do shoddy QA on apps, I get a reprimand the first time, and fired the second time for client facing issues like this.

Dream job alert! Everyone who wants to be paid to fail, apply at Cryptic!

/rant
  • drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, yeah... my grandmother is probably a better engineer than the guys Cryptic has.
  • ghosty365ghosty365 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same issue here =[ Hoping they get it working soon
  • lurka72lurka72 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just for the record, I'm getting that as well.

VAdm Lurak
  • knockyknocky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Years of online gaming experience.

Still though, they release a major upgrade on Friday, not Wednesday and then act surprised when they TRIBBLE off their player base by trashing the weekend with their bugs they refused to fix on Tribble.

BTW, I am returning from a long absence to see how this game is now. Guess who is less then impressed?

Congrats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • scarrnscarrn Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sorry Dev?s. But does anybody in your office knowing what he?s doing?

A new patch today " For improvement od Server stability" as Bran stated and what?s happening?

The" Login failed for unknown reason" is back.

For me this is no more solving issues nor proper programming.

I think you are stuck in some " Trial and error".

I won?t mention if you take down the servers for a whole day or two. But get this issues fixed for good.
    ghosty365 wrote: »
    Same issue here =[ Hoping they get it working soon

Does she have wheels? Roll her on out here.
  • jettemjettem Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    HAA, I got further i made it to retrieving maps until is crashed this time...

I figure by tomorrow i might actual make it on the ship
  • tilarium1979tilarium1979 Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yup, no problems before the maintenance today and now I'm one of the many that can't get into the game. Yay! Oh-well, back to... ummm... what can I play.... ummmm....... aw TRIBBLE, I'm in trouble!
  • leyvinleyvin Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well apparently this update is so awesomely amazing that the server is preventing my access so that I don't die from over exposure to awesome ... or more realistically someone screwed up fixing something THAT WASN'T BROKEN.

After an hour of attempts, finally got to create myself a Romulan was even able to get to the loading screen... but then "failed to login for unknown reason" appeared again. So think I'll jump on something else hopefully this will be sorted out sometime this weekend.
  • d4rkhelmet95d4rkhelmet95 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    until this gets fixed im going watch Airplane(1980) then go play outside.
  • neoforce42neoforce42 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same problem, I know have noticed since the maintenance kept getting delayed.
    vevutq3kggic.png

My ultimate Doom open world mod:

http://www.moddb.com/games/doom-compile-project
  • tilarium1979tilarium1979 Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    leyvin wrote: »
    Well apparently this update is so awesomely amazing that the server is preventing my access so that I don't die from over exposure to awesome ... or more realistically someone screwed up fixing something THAT WASN'T BROKEN.

After an hour of attempts, finally got to create myself a Romulan was even able to get to the loading screen... but then "failed to login for unknown reason" appeared again. So think I'll jump on something else hopefully this will be sorted out sometime this weekend.

Would be nice huh? If it's not sorted out by today, well, we'll be lucky if we get to play this weekend. It's memorial day weekend, hell, I'm surprised there was someone in the office today to begin with.
  • jettemjettem Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow i must of got lucky I got into the game and was able to play for about 5 minutes before I got kicked out :mad:
  • iceaxe18iceaxe18 Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just now saw server disconnect, and then I was kick out.
  • iceaxe18iceaxe18 Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just tried to get back on, and I was on for about a minute, and then I was disconnected right away.
  • robviousrobvious Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This may be my first post here, I'm not sure. I'm not one to complain, but seriously...someone needs to get their "stuff" together...this is horrible.
  • kingawakingawa Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am also experiencing this issue. have gotten it when attempting to retrieve character list, and on loading screens
  • dwcjackaldwcjackal Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here 4 days and counting for me. I dont care about the romulan stuff i just what access to my main character, you know the one iv been grinding for all this time. To think i WAS going to buy a subscription.....i guess ill pass. This is just ridiculous. :mad:
  • cwinters79cwinters79 Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here.. great patchwork. and yes, I'm missing the space there on purpose.
    4 days, 1 hour of game time.. I just spent my LTS reserved money on car parts.
    So not worth it.
    Now also getting the "fixed" unknown reasons when switching chars.
    Get your bloody act together, Cryptic.
    pTTNy7x.png
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm not having any problem getting in...

I just can't STAY IN...

I keep getting disconnectd from server after a few minutes.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • nticunticu Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm now getting the message, " Too mant attempts, try again later". I get that from the Cryptic launcher when trying to log into STO,CO, and NW.
  • talzerotwotalzerotwo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LOL counting 4 days for me and i still cant login.
    [SIGPIC]http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5[/SIGPIC]
    Chillax. No Ego. No Drama.

Like my alien? Watch THE VIDEO
    Need custom graphics for you or your fleet? Click HERE