test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DirectX error, game refuses to load

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
I have a DirectX error that's preventing my client from getting past the Atari/Cryptic loading screen. It gets there, gets about halfway done, then comes up with "Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned error code (D3DERR_INVALIDCALL) while creating a texture."

I'm assuming that it's because my video card only supports DirectX 8.0 (Although my software is updated to 9.0c), but I thought I'd ask here anyways; is there a way to fix it, and is it something other than what I think?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    If your video card does not support the required DX level, that being 9.0C, then you cannot play the game. Hence the phrase "system requirement.'
  • deathdealer1004deathdealer1004 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well my game played just fine for quite a while then it updated and now I'm having the same problem, it keeps crashing with that error message so it could be more than the system requirements.
  • ussnighthawkussnighthawk Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Epic thread necro.

However, I'm getting this same issue as well.

Ok, some extra info. The exact error message I get is: "Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned error code (D3DERR_INVALIDCALL) while resetting the device." I hadn't updated my video drivers in a while, so I tried that (AMD 13.4), but no luck.

No relation to "the" Nighthawk.

Refugee from Paragon City. :(

[SIGPIC]http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z297/MetalRacer78/FacesOfNighthawk-ForumSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • yahooeliteyahooelite Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If its a DX8 ONLY GPU then its impossible for it to play any DX9 game, atleast it should be.

Perhaps when you were able to play it was a bug and after the patch it was resolved.. just a thought..

But if you really do have a DX8 card its about time to upgrade your PC..
  • stragen126stragen126 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm getting a similar error, except the code it gives me is (D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE). This started happening after the major update.