darkfader1988darkfader1988 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
And u?

/10char
MT - Sad Pandas
Post edited by darkfader1988 on

Comments

• voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I miss certain aspects of it. Others, like color changing, are better improvements. The shield facings in space are worse than old UI, but overall the new's better.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • dixoniumdixonium Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I do, too, to a certain extent. But this one undeniably gives us more options, and it's here to stay!
  • lordvalecortezlordvalecortez Member Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think it is just the shock of getting used to a new UI. While I do miss some things about the old UI look, the new UI is very impressive don't you think? Especially to actually new players.
    Cheers from Antonio Valerio Cortez III, Half-Celestial Archduke of the Free Marches Confederacy.
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Will take some getting used to, particularly when DOFFing. The way the color-coding works there, something about it bugs me, but I'll adapt.

On the other hand don't like that when you select a particular scheme other than Default though, it applies it to all characters on the account. If I want my Vor'cha in classic red for example, doesn't mean I want that same scheme on my Vesta or D'deridex.
  • pulserazorpulserazor Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im sure I will get used to it, but something about it just looks like its Older by a whole generation. Maybe its the played out LCARS theme.

though its minor, I kind of find it tiresome that my BOFFS scream at me in widescreen from the bridge of a Galaxy when I am in a Jhas, or Wells, etc.
  • voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was on Tribble, So by the launch of LoR I had gotten used to it But, yes it does take some time to get used to.
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The old UI was utter TRIBBLE and I'm glad to be rid of it.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The old UI was a POS and I hope it's burning in hell for being so crappy, and that guy in Memory Alpha who created it is going to be executed. :)
    GwaoHAD.png
  • kandorouskandorous Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I sure don't miss it.
  • warzogwarzog Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Overall, I like the new UI. I do think that the various npc windows are a bit to big, but overall, a nice improvement.
    Go for the eyes, Boo! GO FOR THE EYES!!!
    (Where's a Miniature Giant Space Hamster when you need one?)
  • daharmasterklagdaharmasterklag Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    voporak wrote: »
    .....The shield facings in space are worse than old UI, but overall the new's better.

Agreed aspects of the new UI are a step in the right direction, but I don't like the new space shield facings design, the old design was cleaner.

As a side note I didn't like the old color choices for enemy/ally much but under the UI the fixed color for allies is really ugly... I wish we had an option to change it to something else other than blue.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I thought I'd miss it before LoR, but now that I've played around with the new UI I really really love this one.
    It's absolutely superior in every regard except the shield facings, but that's far from being a deal-breaker. Overally I'm very satisfied with the new UI and I'm glad the devs. took the time and effort to make it.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • krovankrovan Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    STO has fantastic graphics if you can crank it up to max, it's a beautiful game even 3 years down the road.

The Old UI was like spreading cat barf all over a beautiful piece of art, then forcing the people to try and scrape as much of it off to the side so they could see what was underneath.

Needless to say i don't miss the Old UI.

And the new Ui is like putting that same piece of art inside a simple elegant frame.
    http://soundcloud.com/krovan-1
  • darkfader1988darkfader1988 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well kinda liked it a few weeks back, until they decided to make it a rainbow UI especially when in red alert.

Red, Blue, White, Green, Yellow, Its all there.

At least give us an option to get back the old Tray colors I dont need the messy rainbow to indicate whether its a Engi/Sci or tac ability. Been playing this game for 3 years, hello.
    MT - Sad Pandas
  • naeviusnaevius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've decided Romulan Classic is the best variation. Cool greens, no flashing red.

I would like it a bunch more if the black trim/border/background was transparent.
    Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
  • elemberq333elemberq333 Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The character select screen is way better, I love how you see your whole boff crew around you and you ship above you, and over all I like the new UI better though it seems like today I could hardly move when using the two button mouse movement...I actually had to use keyboard to move around and that got annoying maybe that has something to do with the current maintenance though...
  • starakusstarakus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree the space ui is bad especially the shield facings and cartoony looking colors for the heads up display of the ship, as well as the new segmented impulse speed control. I also agree with the pop up communications being to large, as well as some of the pop up communications not stopping game action like the old one. Nothing like dying before you even get to read the mission briefing.
  • paganbladepaganblade Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I love the new UI...what I do want back is the log-in screen background picture of the spacestation and planet. the one that's there now is boring...nice but boring.
  • majorwoodstarmajorwoodstar Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    The old UI was a POS and I hope it's burning in hell for being so crappy, and that guy in Memory Alpha who created it is going to be executed. :)

This exactly.
  • abradaxabradax Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am totally digging the new UI.
    Lieutenant Johnathan "Seven" Abradax
    Liberated Borg -Captain USS Solstice
    Member of Starfleet Borg Task Force - Tactical Unit
  • bpharmabpharma Member Posts: 2,022
    edited May 2013
    Old colour schemes are there, under colour scheme choose the no red alert fed version if you don't want red alert changes. For those who like to experience their eyes burning in the light of a thousand suns choose Klingon old.

It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
    A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
    This is the last thing I will post.
  • platewearingbirdplatewearingbird Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like it, it has a lot more of a "Trekkie" feel to it.

Even the "These are the voyages of the starship (Your Active Ship)" and the crew lineup on login is a nice, immersive touch.
  • ozforceozforce Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Okay so i am having a really weird glitch with the UI, so i go to my inventory screen and my inventory is HUGE and my character status/U menu screen is HUGE, so i tried to size down the width but i can't for some reason, and i don't know where the resolution of my monitor is unfortunately, and so the only way i can figure out to fix it is to MASSIVELY size down ALL of the UI, so im like: ''Okay so i shall check youtube to see if others are having this problem.'' Nope! I watched a youtube video from the very character creation to the first mission, and i noticed that he didn't have to change the UI size, it was much smaller even though he must have it on default because he didn't change anything..Is there a fix to this???

The reason that this is a problem is because the inventory screen and the U menu overlap and when i click or drag from one to another one of them disappears because they are on top of eachother!
  • smoovioussmoovious Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The character select screen is way better, I love how you see your whole boff crew around you and you ship above you, and over all I like the new UI better though it seems like today I could hardly move when using the two button mouse movement...I actually had to use keyboard to move around and that got annoying maybe that has something to do with the current maintenance though...
    I do like that too, and would also like them to pick the officers shown with you, at random, so every time you log in, you see a different set of your crew.

It is a shame some of my hard-working crew don't get a chance for their recognition :D

-- Smoov
  • smoovioussmoovious Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ozforce wrote: »
    Okay so i am having a really weird glitch with the UI, so i go to my inventory screen and my inventory is HUGE and my character status/U menu screen is HUGE, so i tried to size down the width but i can't for some reason, and i don't know where the resolution of my monitor is unfortunately, ... .. .
    When I first upgraded, my video settings were changed to 1280x1024. I had to set them back to 1920x1080.

(and even when I pick 60hz, it still puts the 59hz one in, but that's another thing)

When you get to the initial screen asking you to pick your character, use the options button in the lower right, video tab, and your resolution should be upper right, just set it back to what it should be. (I use dual-monitors, so maybe that had something to do with my resolution being changed.)

If you don't know what your screen resolution in the first place is? Go to display settings in your control panel of your OS. It should be listed in there.

-- Smoov
  • allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The only thing about the old UI is the mini map. I didn't have to see every single fracking npc, player, pet or loot drop as a dot in the blasted window cluttering it up. Can we have this removed? I can imagine that this is causing some lag issues, not much but enough to TRIBBLE people off.
  • rajathomasrajathomas Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Some improvements, other aspects plain suck....like the 2D flat buttons. I also dont enjoy loosing the faction specific UI colors. It would have been smart for the designers to allow the new UI to mimic the old more closely if a player wanted it. Switching between settings for each faction is not exactly convienent.
    izf25xI.jpg
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not me~

I love the new UI.
  • chiefbrexchiefbrex Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Will take some getting used to, particularly when DOFFing. The way the color-coding works there, something about it bugs me, but I'll adapt.

On the other hand don't like that when you select a particular scheme other than Default though, it applies it to all characters on the account. If I want my Vor'cha in classic red for example, doesn't mean I want that same scheme on my Vesta or D'deridex.

I agree with you, and during the whole Closed Beta test, I kept stressing this in my Beta Reports. Seems like, for the time being, it's going to stay this way. I was kinda hoping to use the Voyager color scheme on my Federation characters.
    rajathomas wrote: »
    Some improvements, other aspects plain suck....like the 2D flat buttons. I also dont enjoy loosing the faction specific UI colors. It would have been smart for the designers to allow the new UI to mimic the old more closely if a player wanted it. Switching between settings for each faction is not exactly convienent.

That's only if you choose a specific color scheme. If you set it to default, it'll use the default color scheme for the faction of your character. For whatever reason, atm, UI color schemes are universally applied. Except when on Default, because "Default" uses the intended color scheme.

For me, this means having to use the blue LCARS for the Feds, because if I switch to Voyager, all of my toons use Voyager.
  • decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's a change that can take some getting used to. The only part I am finding a tad unlikable is the pop up box we get for communications now it is just too big, I prefered the smaller one we used to have. Other than that I'll give it a week or so to bed in.