test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I kinda miss the old UI now.

2»

Comments

• smoovioussmoovious Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The only thing about the old UI is the mini map. I didn't have to see every single fracking npc, player, pet or loot drop as a dot in the blasted window cluttering it up. Can we have this removed? I can imagine that this is causing some lag issues, not much but enough to TRIBBLE people off.
    Personally, I like seeing the dots of the people/objects around me, but did they have to make the 'dots' so big? Making them no larger than 3 pixels would have been fine... even a single pixel would be great too.

But, since the mini-map is brought up, I swear I remember setting that minimap in the old UI, to stay centered on my icon by default, and that it for the most part remembered the zoom I was in for ground and space (tho, I might be imagining remembering the zoom)

I've been looking around, is there actually a setting somewhere to keep it centered unless I actually drag-move it?

-- Smoov
  • virgilpluton999virgilpluton999 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't miss it. I like this one much better. It has a few problems, like the account wide color change thing, but overall I'd take this new UI over the old one any day.
  • smoovioussmoovious Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    and OMFG!!! Can we PLEASE be able to resize that damned dialog box!!?

Does it REALLY need to be that friggin' HUGE!!?

-- Smoov
  • hasukurobihasukurobi Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like the new icons but otherwise I prefer the old UI for the most part. Except the communication windows.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hasukurobi wrote: »
    I like the new icons but otherwise I prefer the old UI for the most part. Except the communication windows.

Those are cool aren't they?
  • rvlion79rvlion79 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And u?

/10char
    I hated the new UI from the first second I laid my eyes on it...
    The UI itself had no flaws so why did they have to "UN-STAR TREK" it completely.

All they had to do was add the option to use different colors.
    While the hailing system seems better, the fact that now my BOffs who all sit 10m away from me contact me using the main view screen seems even more LAME then before.

This is a change that was partially unnecessary... I would rather have the old UI back.
  • lesek69lesek69 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    after last update, i dont know what is going on. had to uninstall game, download it again, and now it is all green (understand it is due to legacy something). cant delete my emails, cant sell, cant look thru excanche. dont know if my crew are common (white), rare (blue) or pink. they are all green. is that mean i lost all this money i spend on pink crew? if yes than thank you guys from st online for last two years. i am leaving. howgh
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lesek69 wrote: »
    after last update, i dont know what is going on. had to uninstall game, download it again, and now it is all green (understand it is due to legacy something). cant delete my emails, cant sell, cant look thru excanche. dont know if my crew are common (white), rare (blue) or pink. they are all green. is that mean i lost all this money i spend on pink crew? if yes than thank you guys from st online for last two years. i am leaving. howgh

That escalated quickly?

If you don't like the green one, why don't you just switch to one of the other 5 themes? Or did you ignore the dev blog regarding this?
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • lesek69lesek69 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    anazonda wrote: »
    That escalated quickly?

If you don't like the green one, why don't you just switch to one of the other 5 themes? Or did you ignore the dev blog regarding this?

"dev blog" ? sorry i am old man and i am not familiar with shortcuts. if you can explain what is dev blog for me please. and i didnt get to the tab where i can change theme. i ll have to look for it .

ok, so this is how it looks after second attempt to play. i can see my pink crew, i can search thru exchange, but still cant delete my emails. and i dont know where to change theme. i will google it and i ll find a solution.
  • ydypydyp Member Posts: 6
    edited May 2013
    It isn't the first time they changed the UI, this time I feel it is a smaller change then when they did it the first time.

The only thing that bothers me is that the game still decided to put stuff automaticly to the powertray and that we have no way to stop it. But this was also a problem with the previous UI.
  • majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The only thing I don't like about the new one is I have to have the same one on all my characters, so if I want an Orion theme on my Orion all my characters are forced to use it.

How come things that should be account based are character based (channel chat colours for example) and things that should be character are account based (like the new UI colours).
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lesek69 wrote: »
    "dev blog" ? sorry i am old man and i am not familiar with shortcuts. if you can explain what is dev blog for me please. and i didnt get to the tab where i can change theme. i ll have to look for it .

ok, so this is how it looks after second attempt to play. i can see my pink crew, i can search thru exchange, but still cant delete my emails. and i dont know where to change theme. i will google it and i ll find a solution.

Cryptic regularily releases dev (developer) blogs, detailing changes to the game, new ships, mechanics or just general news relevant to the game.

They are easily accessable from the main page, or by using the archives.

This archive is for LoR: http://sto.perfectworld.com/legacyofromulusnews

This is the overview for all news segments: http://sto.perfectworld.com/about/gameupdates

This is the dev blog I was referring to: http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=867531

Hope this helps.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • ferdzso0ferdzso0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the biggest problem with the new UI for me is its size. it takes so much place up, in so many unnecessary places, in a very wrong way. the base of all UI colors is a black background, and every color is put on that. making it really eyehurting. and the black thing takes so much place on the screen. I had to scale down the whole UI, because half of my scren was hidden by the UI (and half of that, held no information, whatsoever).

also there is too big a contrast between the black base and the writing on the stuff (and it is enhanced by the fact that the black thingie is so big, your eye gets accustomed to its darkness, making the shining text on it distracting)

10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I prefered the old UI, it wasn't like a rainbow exploded on my screen. Too many colors makes it harder to identify key systems.

Also, Cat didn't improve anything, he just gave it a new paintjob. I would've liked they improved it in giving it new character. Something like this or this.
  • edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I prefered the old UI, it wasn't like a rainbow exploded on my screen. Too many colors makes it harder to identify key systems.

Also, Cat didn't improve anything, he just gave it a new paintjob. I would've liked they improved it in giving it new character. Something like this or this.

wow I want that please.

On topic:
    few problems ...hope they will get fixed soon.
    I cant click and heal my team in pvp.
    The white shields around my for some reason green ship logo have a thin line inside almost white and in battle is very hard to see when shields are down or how much.
    still using CPU more than the game....
  • purplegamerpurplegamer Member Posts: 1,015 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't miss the old UI at all. I think what a lot of people are put off by is change in general; it's just another thing you have to get used to.
  • imadoctornotaimadoctornota Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Personally, I love the new UI, don't miss the old one a bit. Very trek. Very easy on the eyes. :)
    Thanks for the expansion that had "as much content as the last"
    9 Episodes = 30+ episodes...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's pronounced "S.T.O." "Stow" sounds idiotic! lol
  • lukem2409lukem2409 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Has anyone noticed that when you get a dialogue box in space your damn ship stops moving again? My fleet mates and I haven't found the option to keep your ship moving when contacted and it's getting really annoying.
    Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges