test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

***The Official Login Queue Thread!*** (Threads about queues will be moved here)

Comments

• Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sutton12 wrote: »
    This is just ridiculous. Queues keep getting longer and longer. People - Gold and Silver alike - spend enough money on this game. If people are not able to play you annoy them. This does not entice people to upgrade their accounts. Get some extra servers in your farm already...
    You will notice that the higher number is just getting higher, while your number is getting lower, which means that you're getting closer to getting into the game. So it's not getting longer where you're concerned, it's just getting longer for those that come after you.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    nikkipadennikkipaden Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kane2007 wrote: »
    don't think ill be playing tonight as ive been in que now 4 hours I started at 25k am down to 11k
    I've been que'd for almost 5 hours. I was 12859/20678 then i checked and i was 56/25986 and got all excited i was finally gonna get to play.......then it went back up to 3056/26345 . I'm no expert but aren't you suposed to be getting closer to login than farther?
    I've been that guy saying be patient, but honestly i'm about to rage a bit.

that is a excellent example of LTSers getting 'preimum' spaces in the queue. Non-LTSers wait hours LTSer logs in and waits ten mins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    {UFP} Diplomatic Corps Foreign Officer, Romulan Imperial Guard Officer
  • Options
    lucass24lucass24 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi
    Just tried to get into the game and was sitting at 24,670 lol thought i would add my ten pence worth.....Lucass24
  • Options
    darktalon81darktalon81 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I discovered a fix! If you exit the game and repatch you should notice the queue shorter. Try it out!!

.:D
  • Options
    born9born9 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All they have to do to fix is the que is to get get more servers and it does not take all day to do it. I think they don't care and right now there no attempting to fix it
  • Options
    byzanathosbyzanathos Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    actually a bit of a shame thinking of the potential customers who have come to or come back to the game to check out the expansion only to not even be able to login. they will probably just walk away.
  • Options
    belthazorxbelthazorx Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeaa same here... It's taking to long now.
    Already making decisions on what other game to play tonight :(

Hopefully they will get there things together quick...
  • Options
    zadamazadama Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Honestly, I'm not too bothered about the queue, as it shows that there is huge interest in the game and the Star Trek IP as a whole - no doubt Into Darkness has pushed up the number of people willing to give the game a try.

I remeber the Content Drought (of, what, two years ago?) under Atari and how the game came so close to being shutdown. The fact that people want to play the game isn't a bad thing; it's quite the contrary. Cryptic will get the problems under control, they just need a little time - like most other modern MMO makers.
  • Options
    mustakyymustakyy Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mustakyy wrote: »
    Wohoo, your queue position is 24682 out of 24784. Ok, 10mins of tv and back to see the progress... 23870 out of 24254.
    I guess my DOF's didnt wanna work overnight.

ZzzzZzzzZ, over and out... 22723 out of 25202. Nite all (Its 11pm here), back to try again in 18hrs.
  • Options
    wintiemintiewintiemintie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    15.6K in Queue

At this rate its going to be a loonngggg time before I buy a D'D Refit.

You want our money cryptic, you gotta let us play. :|
  • Options
    jasperblaster696jasperblaster696 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just dropped que....i got bumped from 16k-24k up to 20k-25k... Only day off this week, and I feel like i'm being prison sexed....have a good day all.
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vilkang wrote: »
    LOL started at 24179

welcome to mmo gaming
    maybe Im wrong but I bet the biggest complainers here don't even give PWE a penny
    Im not a premium suber but I think they are the ones that should be pissed off.

I'm an F2Per. My post expressed nothing other than genuine, if extreme, surprise.

Didn't read any of the other posts here, though. :P

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    nikkipadennikkipaden Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I discovered a fix! If you exit the game and repatch you should notice the queue shorter. Try it out!!

.:D

Yea the queue is shorter for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    {UFP} Diplomatic Corps Foreign Officer, Romulan Imperial Guard Officer
  • Options
    dispiacere1dispiacere1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well I suppose tonight I'm not going to play, even after I spent a lot of ??? for a Legacy Pack.
    Now I'm queued at 20.000+.
    PWE needs really to start up some machines.
  • Options
    magemighty1magemighty1 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't hate on Cryptic guys, they aren't used to having their games at a moderate level of popularity.
    /sarcasm :rolleyes:

My main character is Blackflight
  • Options
    neoforce42neoforce42 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lucass24 wrote: »
    Hi
    Just tried to get into the game and was sitting at 24,670 lol thought i would add my ten pence worth.....Lucass24

The more complaints the better since it feels like the time I get into this game feels like the amount of time it took to patch, install the game. :o
    vevutq3kggic.png

My ultimate Doom open world mod:

http://www.moddb.com/games/doom-compile-project
  • Options
    xavierprotocolsxavierprotocols Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Alright STO this is ridiculous we go through this TRIBBLE EVERY time there is a major Launch, Update, or Expansion, so it's not like you NEVER know it's coming. BUY A MINIMUM of 4 NEW SERVERS to help handle the extra workload, during peak times like these it would help out greatly with the server load and during times when way less people are online it would fix lag issues. STOP acting like you don't know this is going to happen EVERY TIME, you are supposed to provide a service to both paying and non paying customers alike and YOU ARE FAILING MISERABLY.
  • Options
    erraberrab Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Title of this Thread makes me think of Dragon Ball Z :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    squigishsquigish Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As a matter of fact, they DO have a reconnect window. The problem is that it's per character, not per account.

I'm not sure how long it is, but after being disconnected once because of the game client crashing, I was able to get right back in on the same character. It put me at around position 10 in the queue, and I waited around 5 seconds. When I was done playing, I tested some other things:

If you are trying to switch characters, and then decide that the queue is too long and click "cancel login attempt", you can log back in, and log into the character that was previously active, jumping to the head of the queue.

If you wait in the queue until you can connect, than get stuck with the "cannot connect to server" message on your initial load screen, and bail after 5 minutes of "cannot connect to server", you DO NOT get to jump to the head of the queue.

My suggestions to cryptic are twofold:

[*] Make whatever flag activates the queue-jumping power trigger when you reach the front of the queue, so that if your initial login is unsuccessful, you can still get in quickly.

[*] Change the queue-jumping flag to account-wide, rather than per-character.

I realize that changing the queue-jumping flag to account-wide would have the effect of increasing the waiting time for new players in the queue. Cryptic has to make a decision based on who they think should have higher priority playing the game. However, since you already have a policy that gives someone the opportunity to jump the queue when reconnecting with the same toon, you're already saying that you want to give priority to players who are currently playing, and want to keep playing. So let them keep playing, even if they want to switch toons.
  • Options
    jelly0jelly0 Member Posts: 560 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Mate if I managed to get into the game after hours of waiting id just keep setting my alarm overnight to go off every 50 minutes so I can walk forward just a little bit.
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    24k? Are you serious? Wow! :eek: Guess I'm not gonna play anytime today...

*goes back to playing games that don't have ridiculous login queues*
  • Options
    reltehhtuoyreltehhtuoy Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Snore..... Scratches hackey sack.
  • Options
    hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you log out, and log back in, you're at the back of the line. It's kind of like going to Wal Mart during the changeover to nightshift when only one checkout is open and it's staffed by a half awake stoner who's lucky to be scanning five items per minute, and then wandering the store until you check the front and there's nobody in line in front of you.

You will be stuck in that Wal Mart until the shift rush ends.

And every Wal Mart is taken "by surprise" by this rush, just like Valve is "blindsided" by every release day rush and every major MMO is basically unplayable on an expansion and sometimes even just a major patch day. Because that rush state exists 1% of the time, but expanded capacity must be paid for 100% of the time.
  • Options
    neoforce42neoforce42 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    karcorner wrote: »
    So the people complaining, are you life subs or gold????

It's a bit of both, seen plenty of gold/ftp users complaining and having same issue. It's good thing I loved Star Trek this much or I'd be on Xbox. :rolleyes:

Was sort of looking forward to finding out what happens in the Romulan story.
    vevutq3kggic.png

My ultimate Doom open world mod:

http://www.moddb.com/games/doom-compile-project
  • Options
    xcjinxxcjinx Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    22,235 of 25,324. Guess I'll just leave it in queue while I do something else.

Makes me glad that I've invested a grand total of $0 in this game.
  • Options
    suiksagasuiksaga Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not like getting more players that you want to keep for a long time would make them more money or anything(sarcasm):rolleyes:

But really they should of at lease rented out more servers not like this is their first rodeo or anything like that, they should know what to expect would of happened...

Guess PWE doesn't want more long term revenue who can say, all I do know is that this doesn't help STO or PWE by making people waiting in two+ hour lines at lease I would think.

If anything it drives people to give lackluster word of mouth about the inability to even get in at a timely manner...

Or for that matter the inability to get in even makes the person less likely to spend money on the shiny new items in the Zen store which can not be good for anyone or the health of the game.
  • Options
    gallothrixgallothrix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is it a long queue still?
  • Options
    justinmathieujustinmathieu Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1 hour and 50 mins...started at 17000 something and now at 5709. It sucks but can you say ''First World Problem''? lol

I'll probably get disconnected 2 mins after I get on as a thanks for being so patient.
  • Options
    nekojessenekojesse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LOL this is funny I've been with STO for since a little after it released, since then i have taken a few different breaks mostly due slow content being added and such. But it would seem that cryptic should have known this was going to happen. with the fact this one of the largest amount of content add-on that they have ever released, and the fact that the new movie just came out. I understand that there will be a spike in people online at the beginning and cryptic dont want to buy to many upgrades to there servers cause there will be a drop in population in about a month but they should have at least rented more servers or borrowed them from one of there other games to support the masses. That way they make the customer happy and they get to play there content also they can also make a good judgement call on the population that they will have and buy servers accordingly. This just seems to be a BAD PR move again by Cryptic. Please Cyptic for your sakes and the sake of STO please stop treating this game like this please stop doing things half ***** this is something you could have easy seen and fixed yet you let it slip right through your hands.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Join The Swarm
  • Options
    reddawg4reddawg4 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dom1941 wrote: »
    People have been waiting a day just to log in...food for thought :P

I am 25331 out of 25332 I'm not sure i can handle this type of problems.