test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Quiting STO

martok16martok16 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Well, it seems that everyone is so engrossed in completing the new missions, that the server is so full, that I've been waiting in a queue for 3hrs yesterday and 4hrs today, when I did get online yesterday, it was only for about 15 minutes and I got disconnected from the server, and had to wait in a queue yet again, IMO, it looks like everyone, fleet or otherwise is hurrying to get the missions completed, then move over to NW, waiting for the next major patch, which then quietens down the server, and allows other players to attempt the new missions without any help from fleet/team members, because they have already completed the missions and and obtained all they want and have moved over to NW, and because of this, I have no alternative to quit STO.

It was great while it lasted.

So, as I am not a paid member, and being that I can't delete my Cryptic account, if anyone wants my account, log into the Tribble server and send me (Aldo) an in game mail, and I'll change the account email and password, and send the details to that person, via the Tribble in game mail system, if no body wants it, then I'll delete the character and uninstall STO from my computer.
Post edited by martok16 on

Comments

• Options
    abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    -waves good bye-

Hope to see you again....errr wait no we don't, good bye whiner.
  • Options
    jdsksjdsks Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cry cry get a life oh i cant get in and i dont pay yeah feel real sorry for you could just wait a couple of days but you rather come in here and cry.
  • Options
    otisnobleotisnoble Member Posts: 1,290 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    martok16 wrote: »
    Well, it seems that everyone is so engrossed in completing the new missions, that the server is so full, that I've been waiting in a queue for 3hrs yesterday and 4hrs today, when I did get online yesterday, it was only for about 15 minutes and I got disconnected from the server, and had to wait in a queue yet again, IMO, it looks like everyone, fleet or otherwise is hurrying to get the missions completed, then move over to NW, waiting for the next major patch, which then quietens down the server, and allows other players to attempt the new missions without any help from fleet/team members, because they have already completed the missions and and obtained all they want and have moved over to NW, and because of this, I have no alternative to quit STO.

So, as I am not a paid member, and being that I can't delete my Cryptic account, if anyone wants my account, log into the Tribble server and send me (Aldo) an in game mail, and I'll change the account email and password, and send the details to that person, via the Tribble in game mail system, if no body wants it, then I'll delete the character and uninstall STO from my computer.

So Long, Farewell, Bye Bye
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • Options
    agentexeideragentexeider Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Since your not a paying member, just go inactive, don't delete your toons but if you need to uninstall STO, but don't slash and burn your account.

things may get better someday and you will want to come back.
  • Options
    messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So long dont let the door hit you in the aft section of your ship on the way out
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Can I have your stuff? ;)

(Seriously, you know that once you read on a website that LoR is stable and the queues hav subsided, you'll be back at some point - probably when the MMO you jump to after thios experiences a major outage, or Expansion launch issues.) It's the nature of MMOs and MMO players.:D)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Quitting threads aren't allowed so why bother being a cry baby. . . . Oh yes attention. . . . Get a life matey
    JtaDmwW.png
  • Options
    wetworth1wetworth1 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    New faction! New ships! New stories! Everyones excited! IM OUT
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    warrenconradwarrenconrad Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't want your account, just all your stuff and EC
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,422 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I guess this is one way to reduce server stress.
    Another way, IMO better, is to be patient like the rest of us.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    These people know the game will probably be here another 5 years, right?

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    jam3s1701 wrote: »
    Quitting threads aren't allowed so why bother being a cry baby. . . . Oh yes attention. . . . Get a life matey

This has nothing to do with this thread, I just had to disagree about JJ ruining Star Trek. I have not seen Into Darkness yet, so I can't speak to that, but I think the Direction taken with the first one was a good direction.
  • Options
    erraberrab Member Posts: 1,428 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Ok,

Good Luck with That :confused:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zopar1zopar1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    alternative to quit STO.

You know, I hate to point out the obvious, but you sound like a whiney little girl. Give me a break, will you? One day of a queue? Really?

It sounds to me you just aren't starship captain material. The evidence is clear. :cool:
  • Options
    timm4444timm4444 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jam3s1701 wrote: »

Star Trek Into Darkness aka Star Trek Into The Magic Blood. .

Or another words WRATH OF KHAN with added lenses flares and rubbish actors. .

Sorry but JJ has destroyed trek forever

Benedict Cumberbatch has more acting talent then the entire cast of the original series put together. . .

( off topic I know, but still true )
  • Options
    chronoss2012chronoss2012 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    abaddon653 wrote: »
    -waves good bye-

Hope to see you again....errr wait no we don't, good bye whiner.

now whine some more when a player like me that puts cash into your lazy freloading heads leaves....ya call me a whiner when the game goes no where....you cant have more stuff in the game if no one plays...and if all your doing is letting those that paid some 200$ 5 years back well your not making much are you...

ARE YOU...shows how utterly devoid of intellect a few people are in this thread that this game costs them money....and it wont be coming from me regardless of whethar i quit or not...i don't want ot add to suffering by keeping this game alive ....it should die and get a reboot....by a company that doesn't put 3 games and two dev shards onto one server.

THAT'S paramount to asking for stupid....21000 queue high enough nothing has changed either this is actually a bug and a bad one OR an attack on the game...your at work and at school there cant be an INCREASE in players...

makes zero sense
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    timm4444 wrote: »
    Benedict Cumberbatch has more acting talent then the entire cast of the original series put together. . .

( off topic I know, but still true )

WHO....my case rests. WHo is he never heard of him sorry nice try ot build up a skinny dummy and if i was a real kirk that smuck woulda went out a air lock long ago
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    zopar1 wrote: »
    You know, I hate to point out the obvious, but you sound like a whiney little girl. Give me a break, will you? One day of a queue? Really?

It sounds to me you just aren't starship captain material. The evidence is clear. :cool:

you sound like a sucker....one that puts up with TRIBBLE all day long cause your told too....(pets you on da head)
    don't try and match wits with one such as i my dear lil boy....you will fail....
    fact is this was a problem on tribble in beta test and was NOT solved and i told them im not bothering to beta test no more cause i cant get on....
    HAHA
    now its main game ...right on...wonder how many are off to www.mmorpg.com looking for exciement RIGHT NOW>...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    WHO....my case rests. WHo is he never heard of him sorry nice try ot build up a skinny dummy and if i was a real kirk that smuck woulda went out a air lock long ago

And who exactly are you that makes an actor no good just because YOU never heard of him. That I would say is a text book example of extreme arrogance
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    you sound like a sucker....one that puts up with TRIBBLE all day long cause your told too....(pets you on da head)
    don't try and match wits with one such as i my dear lil boy....you will fail....
    fact is this was a problem on tribble in beta test and was NOT solved and i told them im not bothering to beta test no more cause i cant get on....
    HAHA
    now its main game ...right on...wonder how many are off to www.mmorpg.com looking for exciement RIGHT NOW>...

OMG, the arrogance get even thicker. Are you really this way, or is it just internet bravado?
  • Options
    harryhausenharryhausen Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OMG, the arrogance get even thicker. Are you really this way, or is it just internet bravado?

Based on spelling and grammar skills, I'd say the ignorance is real.

BridgeBOPSTIII.jpg

• Options
    snowtrek74205snowtrek74205 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So all of you are ok with a 4 hour wait time just to walk around the bridge of you ship.
    A 4 hour wait time is crazy.
  • Options
    emnickemnick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And who exactly are you that makes an actor no good just because YOU never heard of him. That I would say is a text book example of extreme arrogance

Obviously some poor soul who never saw Sherlock Holmes done right! Hugh Laurie couldn't have done a better job.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Wow keeping beating the guy up for saying how a lot of us feel.
    Just bend over and take a 4 hour wait time with no complaints.
    I suppose all of you that beating the guy up like the 4 to 5 hour wait time.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    now whine some more when a player like me that puts cash into your lazy freloading heads leaves....ya call me a whiner when the game goes no where....you cant have more stuff in the game if no one plays...and if all your doing is letting those that paid some 200$ 5 years back well your not making much are you...

One flaw in your argument here - if no one was playing, there wouldn't be any server login queues, would there? Also, you must be VERY NEW to MMOs in general if you've never seen an MMO server have problems or login queues in the first 24 hours of the launch/release of a new expansion.

Secondly, if a few days of issues are enough to make you uninstall an MMO (that you supposedly enjoyed up to this point); and made you do a rage quit post - then I'd say in 6 months to a year, you won't be playing any MMOs.

Funny thing is:Most likely, in a week or less, most of the major issues will have been resolved; the queues will either be gone, or better managed, and STO will continue to run for years to come (with other Expansions that see a similar pattern on their respective launch days.)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    When was Hugh Laurie on Star Trek or Star Trek online
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Based on spelling and grammar skills, I'd say the ignorance is real.

Watch out. The grammar police are here.
    Ya know what? I'm not gonna pull out a dictionary and thesaurus for every post. Especially on a game board. If it was for a job, maybe.
    So either learn to deal with the occasional spelling or grammatical error, or don't read my posts.
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bye.

(You won't be missed.)
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    zopar1zopar1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    HAHA

First of all, I wasn't addressing you, I was speaking to the OP, as you could plainly tell by the quote.

Second, matching wits with the likes of you hardly seems like any great achievement to be perfectly honest.

Finally, I have been part of far worse launch experiences in my day, since I am not a little boy, but rather I'm 46 years old. What we're experiencing with this launch is nothing compared to many many failed launches of many games I've played over the years. It's not really a matter of putting up with anything since I paid nothing (so far) for this game, and so I have lost nothing. However, what I have done is play this game and what I have played so far, for a free to play game, its awesome. It even rivals many titles I have paid a lot of money for which says a lot in my book.

Seriously though, there's no need to act like a jerk. In your little mind you think it makes you look better, but it merely serves to prove your lack of intelligence and civility. I refuse to stoop to your level.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Thank you number 26. Star Trek online is the only mmo I have ever played.
    I did not know that this was the norm. And if you guys are saying this is not going to be the norm indefinitely. Then I am afraid my entire argument has ca lapsed like a house of cards.

I am just frustrated because I have never had a problem with the game.
    Heck I only play as a star fleet officer, no desire to be a romulan.
This discussion has been closed.