test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is a refund in order?

rdm1958rdm1958 Member Posts: 822 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Ten Forward
Perhaps we should all ask for a refund....not that we would get it, but i know better than to spend money next time if there is onel
Post edited by rdm1958 on

Comments

• voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Refund... for what?
    Refund... because why?
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • rdm1958rdm1958 Member Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    perhaps that got their attention. just logged on.
  • rdm1958rdm1958 Member Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • earloftharearlofthar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rdm1958 wrote: »
    now off again!!

This happens with every season roll out.. now the STUPIDITY was releasing the lockbox also on the same day.. retarted as heck
    Stonewall@LordHarconan

Lifetime Member
    Vice Admiral of the Omega Family Fleet
    (228 members and growing)
  • heghqibheghqib Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    voporak wrote: »
    Refund... for what?
    Refund... because why?

Oh, he's probably complaining about not being able to log on. Big shocker that things are a little fragile on launch day.

Posts all over people crying about not being able to log in. Give it a week and things will be better. Everyone and their mother is logging in and trying to patch and play. Even if you could get logged in, servers are probably a lag fest.

Be patient, people.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,434 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As a Silver player I DEMAND a full refund of my $0.00!!
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • soundwisdomsoundwisdom Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    heghqib wrote: »
    Oh, he's probably complaining about not being able to log on. Big shocker that things are a little fragile on launch day.

Posts all over people crying about not being able to log in. Give it a week and things will be better. Everyone and their mother is logging in and trying to patch and play. Even if you could get logged in, servers are probably a lag fest.

Be patient, people.

Ummm..these issues(obviously not to this much of an extent) have been going on for weeks...lol
  • klingonkiller5klingonkiller5 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    THIS WAS ALREADY STATED BY A PLAYER:

(Perhaps we should all ask for a refund....not that we would get it, but i know better than to spend money next time if there is one!!!!)

I WOULD ADD: I THINK WE SHOULD ALL GET 500 ZEN FOR ALL THIS B/S I KNOW THERE WAS UNDOUBTBALY GOING TO BE A CRAZY DAY BUT COME ON SIMPLE THNG'S LIKE LOGGING IN I DID NOT EXPECT I AM A TRIED AND TRUE TREKKER I WILL ALWAYS PLAY AND LOVE THIS GAME BUT BRAN FLAKES AND DAN STAHL U R REALLY TRYING MY PATIANCE SOMETIMES PLEASE RESOLVE THE ISSUES LIKE

#1. CANT LOGIN SAYS UNKOWN REASON.
    #2 SCREEN FLASHING WHITE SAYS CRYPTIC LAUNCHER IS UNREPONSIVE EVERY TIME I LOGIN.
    #3 NO GOLD SLOT FOR ME TO CREATE A ROMULAN I HAVE 8 TOONS SLOTS ALL FILLED.

#4 1,000,000,000 MORE THING'S WRONG THAT NEED TO BE FIXED and GUYS LET ME KNOW
    WITH REPLYS IF U GUYS AGREE WITH THIS POST!!!!!!
  • lake1771lake1771 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lolz @ Q Q Q Q.

didn't see this thread coming (sarcastic face)
  • scruffyvulcanscruffyvulcan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Perhaps we should all ask for a refund....not that we would get it, but i know better than to spend money next time if there is onel

Wait.

What.
    The.
    Heck.

Is there a Star Trek game associated with these forums?

I thought Star Trek Online just meant we were a Star Trek online discussion community.

This is going to be awesome. As soon as I get in the game, I'm gonna' find Sulu. He was always my favorite character.

Can someone tell me where I can find Sulu?
  • kimmymkimmym Member Posts: 1,317 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What? There is an influx of noobs that weren't hip enough to see everything in beta before release day and now are swarming in all at the same time on launch day?

You act like you've never been thru an expansion release before...

Here, let me refund you the money for this free to play game... There, every thing is all better.
    I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!
    kimmym_5664.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
  • pinkysansbrainpinkysansbrain Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How dare they have server instability on a launch day??? REFUND!
  • alarikunalarikun Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Expansion Launches and servers are unstable. And you seriously... HONESTLY...expect a refund? Because you were inconvenienced for one day, on a game that's F2P?
    Original Join Date: January 2010
    Original Name: -Gen-Alaris
    Days Subscribed: 1211 (As of May 26, 2013)
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Help! I fell through a temporal vortex and wound up in the last time the server got overloaded and crashed.

Send the Doctor to rescue me!

Or maybe Clara.

Mmmmm.... Jenna Louise Coleman...
    <3
  • wakerwwakerw Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This was a huge patch, problems are to be expected. Given Cryptic's record with fixing issues like this I'm sure it will be resolved quickly. My question is why would a refund possibly be in order... unless you permanently lose access to something you paid for there isnt anything to refund...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wake@phoenixrw, Supreme Chancellor of Roughneck Alpha Fleet.
  • tequilla56tequilla56 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2013

(Perhaps we should all ask for a refund....not that we would get it, but i know better than to spend money next time if there is one!!!!)

I WOULD ADD: I THINK WE SHOULD ALL GET 500 ZEN FOR ALL THIS B/S I KNOW THERE WAS UNDOUBTBALY GOING TO BE A CRAZY DAY BUT COME ON SIMPLE THNG'S LIKE LOGGING IN I DID NOT EXPECT I AM A TRIED AND TRUE TREKKER I WILL ALWAYS PLAY AND LOVE THIS GAME BUT BRAN FLAKES AND DAN STAHL U R REALLY TRYING MY PATIANCE SOMETIMES PLEASE RESOLVE THE ISSUES LIKE

#2 SCREEN FLASHING WHITE SAYS CRYPTIC LAUNCHER IS UNREPONSIVE EVERY TIME I LOGIN.

I think that is actually a pretty reasonable idea.

I have worked for many years for one of the top retail games outlets (50% love us 50% hate us so all good with me). These Issues, Sure.. Expected. Especially in MMORPGS.

BUT

As someone said. Be patient.. This happens EVERY SEASON... Ok so this is SEASON 7...

Hmm didn't take Blizzard 7 pack launches to understand the logistics and FIX these problems before major launches and did it within 4 major pack launches.

Bugs -- Yes.
    Lag -- Yup.
    Delays in login -- Sure.
    Problems with character creation -- you bet.

All things fully expected.

But over 5 hours of complete inability to log in whatsoever, and with not one ounce of a word as to what is going on. That is TRIBBLE poor. If you cant keep the servers online and fix these problems as they arise, Take em offline, and fix them in half the amount of time.

500 Zen reward for TRIBBLE people around yet again... I think is actually a damn good idea.
  • celairnaurcelairnaur Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jonsills wrote: »

Reasonable. I do hereby refund to you the full amount owed at $0.00.
  • hagar3hagar3 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jonsills wrote: »

It is not logical to ask for a refund of something you do not pay for. And time cannot be refunded
    In case no one can hear you...scream
  • carrowcanarycarrowcanary Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tequilla56 wrote: »
    As someone said. Be patient.. This happens EVERY SEASON... Ok so this is SEASON 7...
    Season 7 was New Romulus. This is "not season 8", even though it... um... is the 8th season.
  • celairnaurcelairnaur Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Lol. I'm sorry but people are just to self centered. Did you look into a pool of water and fall in love lately?

These issue are stress related and you can't fix a problem you don't know about. Some bugs never reveal themselves until you get huge numbers of people all trying to use said feature at once. Stress tests only help mitigate some issues because most stress tests do not generate the numbers that an actual launch does.

This expansion is doubling the games size. You have gone from 1 1/2 factions to three full factions. They have also rebuild certain aspects of the game from the ground up. So we should expect issues.

I can't play either and sure I'm annoyed its not something that having a hissy fit over is going to change. So while I would rather be playing the game I don't think problems on a "re-launch" of a game means that somehow the company owes us 500 zen because we are inconvienced.

There are 744 hours in the month of may and this issue only just surfaced less than 6 hours I hardly think refunds are in order when the terms of service tell you to expect periodic periods of unscheduled downtime.
  • zelzxezelzxe Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is so silly it's laughable, seriously what did you expect? Everything to be full of sunshine and butterflies and run smooth right out of the gate? Do you realize this is an expansion dropping? Do you realize that every creator of any online multiplayer game has these issues when the game is first released? Have you ever played any other mmo on a big patch/xpac launch day?

IT'S EXPECTED! There is only so much cryptic could test beforehand, one of the things they COULD NOT TEST was exactly how many people would try downloading the patch, let alone logging into the game, this type of server load you can NEVER prepare for.

Considering Cryptic is taking down the servers to put some sort of solution in shows they are actually trying and doing a good job at trying.

GET OVER YOURSELVES! Asking for a refund, psh, you might as well ask every major game publisher for a refund for every game that had the slightest problem, heck why not stop there, sue television stations for time wasted on trash shows.

And lastly, demanding a refund makes you look pretty silly. And to add in with the others: "Here is your refund of zero dollars."

P.S. : to whoever thinks they should get a refund here is a quote from Montgomery Scott "The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain." - aka the more you cry the more foolish you look.
  • whoami4whoami4 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OMG! What refund I dont understand?! U.E.F. Dynasty Second in - command
  • tequilla56tequilla56 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zelzxe wrote: »
    IT'S EXPECTED! There is only so much cryptic could test beforehand, one of the things they COULD NOT TEST was exactly how many people would try downloading the patch, let alone logging into the game, this type of server load you can NEVER prepare for.

Considering Cryptic is taking down the servers to put some sort of solution in shows they are actually trying and doing a good job at trying.

GET OVER YOURSELVES! Asking for a refund, psh, you might as well ask every major game publisher for a refund for every game that had the slightest problem, heck why not stop there, sue television stations for time wasted on trash shows.

And lastly, demanding a refund makes you look pretty silly. And to add in with the others: "Here is your refund of zero dollars."

P.S. : to whoever thinks they should get a refund here is a quote from Montgomery Scott "The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain." - aka the more you cry the more foolish you look.

Well actually I think Cryptic COULD have done more and been more prepared for this eventuality. If this was the first time they have been caught out. All is forgiven. But its not. Nor is it even the second or third or fourth... This is #7.

I don't agree with a refund in the slightest. AND It is good to see that the guys are cryptic are working on it, have taken the servers down to fix and given an estimate that they hope to have it going by. - I think above all else that is all anybody can reasonably ask for. Will it be working again at 7:30PDT.. probably not... BUT at least people have an idea.

Oh and for all those carrying on about getting a refund for $0.00 on a free to play game... Just remember.. It wasn't ALWAYS free to play. There are a lot of people who have paid and paid handsomely in advance to play. Not to mention all the money people have invested in the Startup and Legacy Packs in advance.

If you don't pay, asking for a refund is ridiculous. Entertaining the idea that GOLD members and/or people who have purchased the Legacy Pack might be rewarded for their patience with a few measly zen (a totally free to produce currency anyway). Is a good customer service gesture.

Anywhere you go, if you pay money for goods or services, and don't receive those services as advertised, you are entitled to some form of compensation.

I DONT agree that the issues at this time are deserving of ANY freebies or anything like that. BUT it is a reasonable idea, and something for those who are just calling people who are talking bout refunds stupid or whiney or childish to think about before continuing to name call when you don't agree with a viewpoint.
  • shekky84shekky84 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013

If you want a refund maybe you should think about your purchase before you make it not everything is gonna be perfectly working right out of the gate on something brand new I hate all these whiners on every forum that cry about a refund the second something goes wrong on first release atleast this is being handled better then how the new Sim City was handled and they gave everyone a free game because of all the problems they had.

I played for maybe 3 or 4 hours and I enjoyed every minute of it, even though it was taking a minute or so to turn in missions, Or I was stuck on loading screens. I bought the legacy pack and I don't regret buying it. my only complaint is that (Spoiler Alert) Romulans should not exactly be joining the federation or klingon empires and be able to purchase there ships. I think it should be completely seperate.
  • punijabpunijab Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Uhhh... For those of you thinking this is actually a serious thread, get out, now... I'm fairly certain the original intent was for everyone to have a good laugh at people demanding refunds for a free-to-play game, not actually think they were serious about asking for a refund. :P

Now with that out of the way, I fully support the motion for a refund of the $0.00 I spent on this and the 0 seconds I spent not updating the game because I know there's going to be a massive backlog for the next couple weeks.
  • k022#6452 k022 Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited May 2013

OMG LOLOL ROFLMAO!!! You have to be kidding... Right? Are you like 4?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dear Subscriber,

It is our understanding that there was a 90 minute downtime this evening. Currently the nominal billing rate for Star Trek Online is 14.99 USD per month.

In 30 days there are 720 hours.

Using these values and the formula of...

720 - 1.5 = 718.5
    718.5/720 = .997916(repeating)

Taking 14.99 and multiplying it by .997916 gives us the value of 14.95877083(repeating)

Subtracting 14.96 (rounded) from 14.99...

Here is your THREE CENT refund for your downtime.

Have a wonderful day.

Sincerely,

Cryptic Trolling Department.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • kaiserkactokaiserkacto Member Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    punijab wrote: »
    Uhhh... For those of you thinking this is actually a serious thread, get out, now... I'm fairly certain the original intent was for everyone to have a good laugh at people demanding refunds for a free-to-play game, not actually think they were serious about asking for a refund. :P

Since this is ten forward; yes i believe the OP was kidding... i hope
    "In every age,
    In every place,
    The deeds of men remain the same..."
    12701.png
  • lostcause212lostcause212 Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hagar3 wrote: »
    It is not logical to ask for a refund of something you do not pay for. And time cannot be refunded

Does anyone have a Sarcasm Failure macro I can post here?

Also, time can be refunded; there's a legal precedent in the UK where a man sued a telemarketing firm for wasting his time.
    yjIzVE9.png
  • ozforceozforce Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All of you say that its a lag fest if you get on, well then, once i got past the unknown reason error, i created my romulan character, and then i waited about 10 minutes for the
    6k que to deflate for some unknown reason and then i get in, and then i complete the tutorial.

and eventually i logged off because i didn't want to do anything and then have the server go down and then i have to do it again, and it wasn't laggy, i encountered NO problems whatsoever with the exception of the worst UI ''feature'' i have ever seen: The inability to reduce the width of the inventory or character status thing without reducing the size of EVERYTHING, which is problematic for me considering that i have to have it on default or else my brain will start complaining saying ''It's too small!'' for some reason.