test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to Log In Due to Unknown Reasons (We're investigating this)

Comments

• kingofhearts81kingofhearts81 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was a forum moderator for EVE Online and I can categorically tell you that it is a TRIBBLE job. Having to nurse cry babies, rule breakers and trolls is a terrible job at times. That said I do miss it and would love to work on these forums. Heck I'd even do it for free :)

There are hundreds of people like you every game I've been on, "I was once a forum moderator for blah blah, and it made me feel special so I want to do it for the current game I'm playing, maybe they'll give me unique items, so I'll do the smart thing and promote myself in the midst of a bunch of angry posts that the company will never read, but I'll try to mask it and make it look like just a random post."

Not poking fun at you, I just realized that every mmo is basically exactly the same, and the exact things seem to loop around in each. Take the bacon and Gorn "jokes" that come about every other day, they spawned from Star Wars online, which has Bacon and Jawa joke movie titles everyday, which, in turn spread from World of ******** mudkips or whatever they're called. Then on their forums you've got people coming and posting, when the servers go down and the gamers gripe, "I was once a moderator for blah blah..." then they add a smiley face at the end.

Speaking of which, I was a GM and moderator for Ragnarok Online and blah blah, to make a long story short, a moderator is not looking at any of these posts, and if they are it's just to be able to ban people, thus we go back to a loop.

Game goes down, gamers make angry posts and a thread that is supposed to be drawing attention to an issue, but since there are so many angry people a moderator will not read it, then in the middle a guy masks a post which is actually a cheap resume to become a moderator, then another guy posts about that guy and the fact that everything loops around just to waste time till servers come back up, then the servers come up and everyone calms down, then the servers go down again a few weeks later, and it loops back to this moment, a few months later a few gamers leave and new ones show up bringing whatever "culture" with them that they had learned in a past game, probably about bacon, I would settle for fried bologna, then there is an update and the servers go down, meanwhile, the gamers that had left bring their bacon and gorn jokes to whatever game they had just started playing, then modify it to fit the new game's culture, and then J.J. Abrams releases a new Star Trek movie where the earth is in danger, but since Spock had appearantly switched the timeline, a whale has to go back in time to bring back an endangered Enterprise.
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,670 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    WE are Fail of Borg. Resistance is irrelevant, since nothing works
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I finally got on, and now they're taking the server back down for emergency maintenance!

Ack! :mad:
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • captsabercaptsaber Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    im new to the game, how long does it usually take for them to get a fix in for this?
    captsaber wrote: »
    Your new ! LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL!!!!!
    FOR THOSE NOT PAYING ATTENTION, THE SERVER IS COMING DOWN FOR 1.5 HOURS FOR EMERGENCY REPAIRS

Star Trek Online ‏@trekonlinegame 34s More details can be found here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=10162251#post10162251 ? -- we expect this maintenance to last for only 1.5 hours.

GO READ.

NO! happens a lot! TO much to keep paying for something so unstable! What is PWE going to do when everyone wants the money back?
  • rodraf73rodraf73 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Warp core is down Captain... we are floating adrift... Scottie!!! Scottie!!! I need more power!!! :P
  • casbynesscasbyness Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm guessing people who paid for the expensive legacy pack thing are wondering what the heck they were thinking.

PEOPLE. ARE. DYING.

Will you please shut down the system?! :)
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well done, Craptic. Yet another example of your endless incompetence. Fail of Romulus.

Considering that this isn't the first time a major update has caused serious server stability and playability issues, wouldn't the insult be more logical to say, Legacy of Fail?
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • xxbrentisbeastxxxxbrentisbeastxx Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    http://i.imgur.com/NfAEPiP.gif

Leaked rare footage of the LOR launch :P

Courtesy of atticusmas

HAHAHAHA! That's exactly how I see it! Only, added to that is the MONTHS of advertisement and teasers to get us ready for the highly anticipated event. And then it does that haha.:rolleyes:
    "Saddle up. Lock and load." - Data

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jamesbrycejamesbryce Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Go figure - just when I am able to log in and begin building my Romulan toon, they roll the server for emergency maintenance.....highly annoyed right now!!!!!
  • corseaucorseau Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I guess I'm NOT surprised I have been playing for a year and a half. If I treated my customers like cryptic I'd be bankrupt. It's the subscribers and lifetimers who are getting screwed every time. No apology no here's a percentage of what you pay in Zen no here's a nice shiny console for your ship nothing.....
  • stephane2258stephane2258 Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    unkoala wrote: »
    We dont pay attention because they're sad news... and we're a happy people laughing.

The other option was get the torchs and visit Cryptic HQ so... better to not pay attention.

Just got in, to see a message that it was shutting down in 5 minutes for emergency maintenance and now it for 1.5 hours! Well, I will not wait another 1.5 hours, that's nearly what it took me to get in, to play about 5 minutes. That is really not a successful launch. We can still hope that they will learn from it and do better for season 9.

Captain out for the night. #1 you got the bridge!
    edited May 2013
    see what happens when you make Checkov chief engineer?
    We Want Vic Fontaine
    edited May 2013
    captsaber wrote: »
    NO! happens a lot! TO much to keep paying for something so unstable! What is PWE going to do when everyone wants the money back?

They will say if you examine the End User Agreement, it clearly states no refunds.

??? :confused:
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • firekeeperhufirekeeperhu Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    johngazman wrote: »
    Oh woo. In attempting to find a bank to check if my ship box had moved safely, I transferred maps and the game has jammed again.

I have a screenshot of that ship box in my inventory. It better damn well either be there or in my bank when the server comes back up. I hate it when people say "I expect compensation" but frankly, if your ****ty servers cost me an 800 Lobi ship, I bloody well will expect compensation.

i guess you can imagine what i felt when i didn't saw the 1M dil and 10k zen what i put to the exchange yesterday at the first look... don't worry, i think they won't lose any item or character.
    <3 Defiant <3

RnD and upgrade needs less RNG. Less lottery. Something has to change.
  • nightveil01nightveil01 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Gah! Got in for maybe fifteen minutes. Got to create a Romulan and was just starting the first quest (which looks pretty cool, btw) and then the DC hammer came down. :( Ah, well. It'll be dinner soon. Maybe I can play later. Maybe... :/
  • tbarlowtbarlow Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dozingdawg wrote: »
    Has not even been 30 mins. Give them a little time to fix it.

agreed :) they may have a fix for it but they have to install it :)
  • daskippadaskippa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    casbyness wrote: »
    I'm guessing people who paid for the expensive legacy pack thing are wondering what the heck they were thinking.

PEOPLE. ARE. DYING.

Will you please shut down the system?! :)

At least they have something interesting to put on the chargeback formL reason for charge back? "unknown reason" :D
  • macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited May 2013
    see what happens when you make Checkov chief engineer?

But he is the cutest of the bunch. ;)
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • dessniperdessniper Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe, just maybe that the game will be working after I am done watching Deadliest Catch. Until then I am off to do some tanking. Good luck everyone.
    edited May 2013
    I'm thinking that since people are getting in now, it's likely because everyone else is getting off because of the maintenance. :rolleyes:
  • omegasignasomegasignas Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "main energizer's been hit captin, it'll take about 30 minutes to repair, no promises"
  • starmuttstarmutt Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sonofa... Finally get in "We're taken the server down now" *BOOTED*.

... and to think I stayed up till 02:02 for this TRIBBLE -_-
    Well I'm out, just hope this is sorted tomorrow... I mean today... because it is tomorrow... hell with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    McCoy: In this galaxy, there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth-type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more, only one of each of us.
  • flyingdieselflyingdiesel Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I saw Franklin and then my trait screen came up and then "We will be bringing down the shard in 1 minute" sigh - SO I ran into deep space contact - blew up a BOP - despised my color screen and got the DC. Hey - At least I was able to play tonight HAHAHA.:D
  • unkoalaunkoala Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    -Fire torpedoes
    -No cant do, captain
    -Why?
    -Unkown reasons
  • casbynesscasbyness Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "The server...

...out of danger...?"
    edited May 2013
    macronius wrote: »
    But he is the cutest of the bunch. ;)

mm new sulu is pretty damn hot. def an improvement over old, TRIBBLE sulu
    We Want Vic Fontaine
    edited May 2013
    "main energizer's been hit captin, it'll take about 30 minutes to repair, no promises"

"If we go by the book Captain, Minutes may seem like hours....by the book."
  • locke112164locke112164 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    and i just bought a lifetime subscription!! and now i cant even try it out!!!
  • belldandy01belldandy01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got on and 30 minutes later boom they take the server down for emergency Maintiance. Good thing is I got the ground Tutorial mission done, and claimed my Legacy pack. The bad thing I didn't get to complete the Space Tutorial. I created my Liberated Borg Romulan, I named her Anne Colleton.
  • omegasignasomegasignas Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Do we have photon torpedos?
    -Not installed till Tuesday
    can we play star trek online?
    -not working till Tuesday
    well what do we have?
    -Q and his endless trolling
This discussion has been closed.