test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to Log In Due to Unknown Reasons (We're investigating this)

Comments

• Options
    velldunvelldun Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    captsaber wrote: »
    I took them this long to think of that? FIRED ALL FIRED!
    A part of maintaining something is fixing it when it breaks

Maintenance is when I paint my house every 10 years so that the clapboards don't rot off.

When something breaks on the house, I don't cal it maintenance. I call it repairs!
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Considering the state of things why wait til the top of the hour?
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    nutiketgotcnutiketgotc Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    josh1298 wrote: »
    ok. who told troy she could fly the ship again?

This time she really did hit a cosmic string!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    donutsmasherdonutsmasher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    FOR THOSE NOT PAYING ATTENTION, THE SERVER IS COMING DOWN FOR 1.5 HOURS FOR EMERGENCY REPAIRS

Star Trek Online ‏@trekonlinegame 34s More details can be found here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=10162251#post10162251 ? -- we expect this maintenance to last for only 1.5 hours.

GO READ.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by my better half.
  • Options
    xxbrentisbeastxxxxbrentisbeastxx Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maintenance between 6 and 7:30PM (PDT) ?!?!

I have to wait to play LOR til 7:30 PM? ... guess il go make a sandwich or something.:confused:
    "Saddle up. Lock and load." - Data

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,630 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    at least there is Ice Cream
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    jpanamajpanama Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is disgraceful :(
    And why do they need to go to the office? They have this thing called "telecommuting" which was invented back in the 20'th century. It actually lets you log in to a server remotely to check out what's wrong with it. All you really need in the office is a monkey to power the server down and back up... if absolutely necessary.
  • Options
    oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I blame the Tal Shiar......
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    This time she really did hit a cosmic string!

At least she didn't hit a quantum filament.

And she also didn't let them separate the ship, when the core was in danger of blowing but salvageable...she's actually better in the Captain's chair than the pilot's.
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    captsabercaptsaber Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Plus one week! We broke it good this time, TOO STONED!
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh woo. In attempting to find a bank to check if my ship box had moved safely, I transferred maps and the game has jammed again.

I have a screenshot of that ship box in my inventory. It better damn well either be there or in my bank when the server comes back up. I hate it when people say "I expect compensation" but frankly, if your ****ty servers cost me an 800 Lobi ship, I bloody well will expect compensation.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    sandmahnsandmahn Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    velldun wrote: »
    Maintenance is when I paint my house every 10 years so that the clapboards don't rot off.

When something breaks on the house, I don't cal it maintenance. I call it repairs!

But you try to maintain it before it breaks. This isn't even repairs this is what should have been done during beta testing.
  • Options
    stephane2258stephane2258 Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just got in, just got out. Emergency maintenance in 5 minutes.
  • Options
    unkoalaunkoala Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    FOR THOSE NOT PAYING ATTENTION, THE SERVER IS COMING DOWN FOR 1.5 HOURS FOR EMERGENCY REPAIRS

Star Trek Online ‏@trekonlinegame 34s More details can be found here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=10162251#post10162251 ? -- we expect this maintenance to last for only 1.5 hours.

GO READ.
    We dont pay attention because they're sad news... and we're a happy people laughing.

The other option was get the torchs and visit Cryptic HQ so... better to not pay attention.
  • Options
    austinfan4lifeaustinfan4life Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Finally after 20 mins the maps finally load.
  • Options
    casbynesscasbyness Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    EMERGENCY MAINTENANCE = "Let's take down the servers for an hour or two, people will lose interest and go away for today and the remaining load will be small enough for us to handle. Meh, the other players might even come back one day. Maybe. Like we care, lol, players are stupid and WE SLEEP ON PREPOSTEROUSLY MASSIVE PILES OF SWEET SWEET MONEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYY!"
  • Options
    datawraith007datawraith007 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    knuhteb5 wrote: »
    Not no on purpose. Just laziness and extreme frugality. Cryptic never prepares well for season releases or expansions. They wait until they know how much demand they have and adjust accordingly. Problem with that philosophy is that even though it saves you money in the short term, it loses you money in the long term because a lot of times people's first impression of a product is their first experience with it-in this case, our experience with just downloading it.

The movie you are quoting is PCU. and im having the same problem as everyone else. But lets be honest. Are any of you surprised by any of this?
  • Options
    drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well done, Craptic. Yet another example of your endless incompetence. Fail of Romulus.
  • Options
    korollynkorollyn Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Didn't think to read this first before trying to log in, spent almost 2 hours trying to get logged in and then found out the server would be coming down in 15 minutes. Sigh...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    omegasignasomegasignas Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "my god man, the man is talking logic and we're facing maintenance"
  • Options
    unkoalaunkoala Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I blame the Tal Shiar......
    Traitor.

We all now that the Federation is behind this outrageous attack on Romulan soil.

Empress Sela will take the necessary actions and punish the traitors behind this terrorist attack.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    http://i.imgur.com/NfAEPiP.gif

Leaked rare footage of the LOR launch :P

Courtesy of atticusmas

:D:D

That made me choke laughing

I almost laughed like I was a member of Lambda Lambda Lambda.

:D
  • Options
    ravagerborgravagerborg Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well it was about time for that maintenance, I was happy running laps around ESD to get a sense of the UI changes. Looks great so far. But now lets hope the gameplay is fixed
  • Options
    kingofhearts81kingofhearts81 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was a forum moderator for EVE Online and I can categorically tell you that it is a TRIBBLE job. Having to nurse cry babies, rule breakers and trolls is a terrible job at times. That said I do miss it and would love to work on these forums. Heck I'd even do it for free :)

There are hundreds of people like you every game I've been on, "I was once a forum moderator for blah blah, and it made me feel special so I want to do it for the current game I'm playing, maybe they'll give me unique items, so I'll do the smart thing and promote myself in the midst of a bunch of angry posts that the company will never read, but I'll try to mask it and make it look like just a random post."

Not poking fun at you, I just realized that every mmo is basically exactly the same, and the exact things seem to loop around in each. Take the bacon and Gorn "jokes" that come about every other day, they spawned from Star Wars online, which has Bacon and Jawa joke movie titles everyday, which, in turn spread from World of ******** mudkips or whatever they're called. Then on their forums you've got people coming and posting, when the servers go down and the gamers gripe, "I was once a moderator for blah blah..." then they add a smiley face at the end.

Speaking of which, I was a GM and moderator for Ragnarok Online and blah blah, to make a long story short, a moderator is not looking at any of these posts, and if they are it's just to be able to ban people, thus we go back to a loop.

Game goes down, gamers make angry posts and a thread that is supposed to be drawing attention to an issue, but since there are so many angry people a moderator will not read it, then in the middle a guy masks a post which is actually a cheap resume to become a moderator, then another guy posts about that guy and the fact that everything loops around just to waste time till servers come back up, then the servers come up and everyone calms down, then the servers go down again a few weeks later, and it loops back to this moment, a few months later a few gamers leave and new ones show up bringing whatever "culture" with them that they had learned in a past game, probably about bacon, I would settle for fried bologna, then there is an update and the servers go down, meanwhile, the gamers that had left bring their bacon and gorn jokes to whatever game they had just started playing, then modify it to fit the new game's culture, and then J.J. Abrams releases a new Star Trek movie where the earth is in danger, but since Spock had appearantly switched the timeline, a whale has to go back in time to bring back an endangered Enterprise.
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,630 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    WE are Fail of Borg. Resistance is irrelevant, since nothing works
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I finally got on, and now they're taking the server back down for emergency maintenance!

Ack! :mad:
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    captsabercaptsaber Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    im new to the game, how long does it usually take for them to get a fix in for this?
    captsaber wrote: »
    Your new ! LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL!!!!!

GO READ.

NO! happens a lot! TO much to keep paying for something so unstable! What is PWE going to do when everyone wants the money back?
  • Options
    rodraf73rodraf73 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Warp core is down Captain... we are floating adrift... Scottie!!! Scottie!!! I need more power!!! :P
This discussion has been closed.