test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to Log In Due to Unknown Reasons (We're investigating this)

Comments

• Options
    omegasignasomegasignas Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic should have not had Scotty on shore leave during this refit
  • Options
    unkoalaunkoala Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm talking about Steam updating itself in the background. It never tells you it is doing it until after it is over and it's annoying.
    I havent have any problems with that... all is a matter of perspective and opinion.
  • Options
    armadausbaldarmadausbald Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Quite sad. Launch day headaches are expected, but the level of complete failure here is rather pathetic from an established company who has seen over the last 18 months pathetic launch after pathetic launch from their competitors... Yet you want people to purchase a lifetime? I can't stop laughing.
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    UGH! I get as far as "Loading list of characters" then after about a minute or so it says it failed to connect to login server or something and it timed out. :(

Edit: Also when clicking thread links on the forums, sometimes I get a page that says there was a "Database Error".
  • Options
    purlenutsackpurlenutsack Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Shard coming down for emergency maintenance in 10 minutes,.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Quite sad. Launch day headaches are expected, but the level of complete failure here is rather pathetic from an established company who has seen over the last 18 months pathetic launch after pathetic launch from their competitors... Yet you want people to purchase a lifetime? I can't stop laughing.
    Wasnt in preparation another MMO based on Star Trek?
  • Options
    horkathanehorkathane Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is why you have to have 2 games. grrrr
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Legendary Horka Thane
    1999 Tribes 1
    Infamous TurreNt Camp ( if you dont know you are not Legendary )
  • Options
    josh1298josh1298 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ok. who told troy she could fly the ship again?
  • Options
    vixenjalynnvixenjalynn Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LOL hubby went to log in, got to a new mission and it said.... "sir the planet you seek and transwarped to is not on the scanners. Lifesigns indicate there is no one on the server sir, it's dead jim."
  • Options
    omegashinzonomegashinzon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    THIS is reason #17 I hate new content on this scale.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting. ~thlaylierah
    So realistically, you only need to have the exact number of doffs that you need. ~leadme2kirk
  • Options
    gypsyinspacegypsyinspace Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why haven't they taken the server down?!?!!?
  • Options
    purlenutsackpurlenutsack Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Also, it is essentially a whole new game. Even if I've only been playing about an hour, I'm super impressed. Hope the maintenance fixes all the problems.
  • Options
    omegasignasomegasignas Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "lets see whats she's got says the captin, well we learned didn't we"
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Shard coming down for emergency maintenance in 10 minutes,.
    GET IT DOWN NOW!!!!
    BURN THEM ALL!!!

lol... flaming enough?
  • Options
    bigboom71bigboom71 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i've been able to get to the character screen after my 3rd attempt, however once i get there i can't fully log in because it gets stuck saying it is retrieving maps., after that it send me back to the login screen.
  • Options
    macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited May 2013

Exactly. Is anyone rushing to buy their lts after this fiasco?
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • Options
    nutiketgotcnutiketgotc Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ronintengu wrote: »
    Ok, lets list the possible things that have gone wrong...(Yes I'm just pulling this out of my backside)

Upgrade was a complete success, but in their eagerness to get the game back up they failed to give the cluster enough time to finish replicating data between the servers.

Account migration failed to convert all accounts to 30 format causing data corruption. Accounts need to be restored from backup.

Cluster is fine but the account migration failed to complete. Devs missed this (I've done it) assumed it was all ready and started the game. The few accounts that finished work ok; the few that were created but stats were not finished are logging in as lev 1 characters; The rest are getting unknown errors because the login server says you exist but the game can't find you. Current lag is the result of Dev trying to complete the transfers while people are playing.

All of the third possibility but characters are being restored from backup.

All went well but there is a database mismatch on one server in the cluster. This is throwing SQL errors that the cluster is trying to handle this while a 500k people are trying to log on.

Logon server has crashed. Took Tribble down to use it's logon server as a short term fix.

Upgrade did not go well. There is a mix of version 25 and 30 in the cluster causing the game to stop with fatal SQL errors.

Can anyone think of any more??

I was able to play all three of my captains (one of each faction) on Tribble no more than 15 min ago. Maybe this is progress?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    captsaber wrote: »
    HIT it with a hammer! Beat it in submission! NOW!
    KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!!

Wait what? I'm sorry I got caught up in the moment.
    Cryptic should have not had Scotty on shore leave during this refit

:D Hahahaha, thinking Scotty takes shoreleave during a refit. For Scotty a refit IS shoreleave.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    jackokasonjackokason Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    6pm to 730pm pacific. so an hour and a half of fixing logins.
    Michel "Mic" Nardy
    Fleet Admiral
    Task Force Omega
    United Federation of Planets
  • Options
    majorwoodstarmajorwoodstar Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just got logged in and it announced it was coming down for emergency maintence. :(
  • Options
    donutsmasherdonutsmasher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A part of maintaining something is fixing it when it breaks

Star Trek Online ‏@trekonlinegame 34s More details can be found here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=10162251#post10162251 ? -- we expect this maintenance to last for only 1.5 hours.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by my better half.
  • Options
    madaleinmadalein Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    time for emergency maintenance
  • Options
    xingbellxingbell Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I do have the say what little UI I saw on the loading screen was nice. When it failed, I was able to watch the world turn while I decided if I should type my login info again.

And another quote from years of Support "It worked in the lab!"

Peaceful exploration? I have a heavily armed ship and a phaser with a kill setting, how peaceful is that?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Blarg, I finally get to play again and they announce the server is coming down for maintenance. Suppose I should have seen that coming. Murphy at work, enforcing his law.
  • Options
    tosfantosfan Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In the words of Scotty from "Into Darkness"...

"I'm off of the ship one day-ONE DAY and this is what happens?!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    HIPPIES. HIPPIES EVERYWHERE.
  • Options
    finnwolfefinnwolfe Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well I did finally get in, its a visual treat but the load times on the maps are just..

"Your agonizer please, Mister Kyle."

And now server going down for emergency maintenance. D'oh!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "It isn't fun until someone loses an eye."
    ~ ancient klingon proverb
  • Options
    kainedexkainedex Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1 and a half hrs to repair what they broke lol
  • Options
    whitestar001whitestar001 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Able to log in, but when I get to "Retrieving character list..." it gives me a login failed to unknown reason. Made it Pass that and now can not get passed "Retrieving list of maps..." What is the deal, someone please tell me.
  • Options
    captsabercaptsaber Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maintenance you say! LOL you will be lucky if you can log back in tonight. LOL
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,600 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    splash screen says server down from 6-7:30 PDT.. 9:30 for us East Coast
    We Want Vic Fontaine
This discussion has been closed.