test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to Log In Due to Unknown Reasons (We're investigating this)

Comments

• zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    scottyk27 wrote: »
    Well, I guess you can add me to the list as well. Nearly a 2-hour download only to get the failed to login notice....sheesh

Welcome to Star Trek Offline: Legacy of Unknown Reason
  • onetonebruteonetonebrute Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Let's just take a breath and slowly put the batliffs down. They just did, what seems like, a major update. There are going to be a few issues with logging in, glitches, and quick fixes. This is not unique to Star Trek Online. Any remember when WoW, Eve Online, UO, etc did/do major updates like this? This will all slowly resolve itself in time. It's a ftp game so just read a book in the meantime and check in every now and then.

Now there might be other issues when you do get logged in that you might encounter such as glitches, mission not working right, etc. What you should do it fill in a work order describing the issue(s) to the best of your ability and let them work on it. What you shouldn't do it log on and complain about how the world has wronged you or be the 20th post that says "Same issue here too" without addition information.

If you want things to run smoothly and help out the programs, developers, networking engineer, etc. you should be informative and helpful instead of crying in your beer.
  • leslgrahamleslgraham Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same here and i get a serverstaqtus is up indicator on launcher already did the force verify thing it patched ,get to locating chars and then unable to log in for unknown reason ,thisis on Holodeck live server Meh h NO :(STO for me as is a duty night .
  • alpha8no0nealpha8no0ne Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ricosakara wrote: »
    this is starting to tick me off.

Starting? Mad props for having this much patience my friend. :D
  • iamsaxxxiamsaxxx Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My God, man! Drilling holes in it isn't the answer! Now put away your butcher knives... CRYPTIC
  • hjayfisherhjayfisher Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was minding my own business while updating my traits on a different character when I got a Server Disconnect. When I tried to log back on, I got a "Login Failed for Unknown Reasons" when the program tried to pull up my list of characters.
  • neltorin60neltorin60 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same thing here for myself as of around 6:30pm EST
  • masterninja98masterninja98 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsqUZkmO-zk

Be thankful its just an unknown error. :P

you made my day sir XD
  • timm4444timm4444 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey all we know we said you could play that shiny new expansion today, but due to us all being too busy counting our stacks of money we made on the suckers who bought the Romulan Legacy and Starter packs we cannot find the time to fix the "login failed for an unknown reason" thing that most of you seem to be getting.

Might get to it by tomorrow.

In the meantime go ahead and hit that support button like we tell you to. . .

. . .*snicker*
  • admiraloneadmiralone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The planet's not rotating. It's just the cloud cover that's moving. It's still a nice effect.
  • jake477jake477 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is disgusting
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"
  • sparhawksparhawk Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In the same boat now. Got booted after a super long map transfer attempt initially when I first encountered this error.
  • suzanna3suzanna3 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Eventually managed to download the patch....get in to Retrieving list of characters and it then says login failed...((

singularity_zps539276de.jpg
  • rickskynightrickskynight Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Finally was able to log in... Played for 5 minutes... got kicked.. now Im trying to log in again with the same message all over again..
  • startrek7771414startrek7771414 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Login keeps failing for unknown reason - will not load list of characters.......
    Good Evening Ladies and Gentlemen.......
  • tlamstriketlamstrike Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A couple of mins ago I had to switch characters to change a fleet setting and I got this error. Can't log in at all.
    My Romulan Liberated Borg character made it to Level 30 and beat the (old) Defense of New Romulus with the skill point bug. :D
  • smallrougesmallrouge Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same for me. patch completed, never made it past attempts to retrieve characters and login fails.
  • pwetacodeathpwetacodeath Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nope, not a joke. Can't log in either after an horrendously long patch due to Launcher Crash/Lost connection to server TRIBBLE.
    I am not a Mod. I am just a player. You have been informed :cool:
  • zeroryokozeroryoko Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2013
    ?_? add me to the list here in Europe, "Login failed for unknown reason":(
  • theghost42theghost42 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same here, unable to login in the last hour (after 2h update ;))
  • rabidredneck02rabidredneck02 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same bloody thing, was playing fine until my computer locked up. trying to get back on after rebooting it and i'm getting the login failure message everyone else.
  • madaleinmadalein Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so i take it you guys are all upset about something?
  • badvaiobadvaio Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The game is lagging badly. I managed to get patched before the update server problems and for a couple of hours the game was fine but then it started to lag and the lag gradually got so bad to make the game unplayable.
    I really don't like having to wait 2 minutes for an item to transfer from my bank to my inventory.
  • captspock2233captspock2233 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    how do they think they will sell life memberships when sever won't ever start, who is the brains behind that.
  • mwildermwilder Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same error here... long lag then got D/C from sever. now cant get back in " login failed for unknown reason"
    Liberty Task Force
    "Liberty, Equality, Justice, Peace & Cooperation"

http://www.libertytaskforce.com
  • oreo1969oreo1969 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "Failed to log in for some unknown reason."

Someone call Temporal Investigations, I'm stuck in a time loop!;)
  • chrondorrchrondorr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Came home from work
    Da na na na na
    Turned on my PC
    Da na na na na
    Tried to play STO
    Da na na na na
    But the game said no
    Da na na na na
    Now I'm at home all bored
    Da na na na na
    So I'm here on the forums
    Da na na na na
    Yeeeeeeahhhhh baby that's the STO blues.....;)
  • xenificationxenification Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Welcome to Star Trek Offline: Legacy of Unknown Reason

TESTIFY the savior shall arrive and deliver us from this evil!

(followed by warbirds and such).
  • confessor1978confessor1978 Member Posts: 20
    edited May 2013
    dont be a prick blizzards have been infinately better in every single way to anything cryptic has been involved in and i cant stand blizzard infact hate that company but they have their **** together also bare in mind blizzard have in 2 servers more population than sto has world wide so ur arguments bollocks
  • atticusmasatticusmas Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Confirmed - seems they are "investigating"
This discussion has been closed.