test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to Log In Due to Unknown Reasons (We're investigating this)

Comments

• Options
    josegasparjosegaspar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good catch! I had not noticed that the planet on the login screen is, in fact, rotating.
  • Options
    eliteliferselitelifers Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here, must be all the patches at the sametime, or they disabled login's until a good percentage of people recieved the patch.
  • Options
    tommyatstarfleettommyatstarfleet Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah im getting "unable to login for unknown reason"

Its not logging into holodeck or tribble on my end.
  • Options
    xathanael#5083 xathanael Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    After 3 hours of "Launcher Crashed, Please Try Again" just to get the Patch, now we have to go thru several more hours of "Login Failed to Load for Unknown Reasons" ?! What the hell get your TRIBBLE together
  • Options
    starmuttstarmutt Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I thought the patch speed was annoying, 200MB taking an Hour and a half on a high end connection.

But now I'm getting the same error "unable to connect for some unknown reason" (very descriptive I must say) when it?s trying to retrieve my characters.

Also, is the rumour true that the LTS queue/preferential position has been shut down? So another wait to look forward to?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    McCoy: In this galaxy, there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth-type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more, only one of each of us.
  • Options
    tinnydancertinnydancer Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    Okay, I got online on Holodeck after the maintenance. I approached DS9 on my KDF toon and the game hung at the loading screen for about 20 minutes, so I closed out the game and re-opened it and tried to log back on to that toon, Same deal, game client hung up on the loading screen. So, I closed out the game and logged back in on another of my 5 toon and everything worked fine except, it took forever to withdraw or deposite items from my account bank.

Then after doing my Dil and Fleet dailies on two toons, I went to do the Fleet daily on my third toon and when I was done, I went to the transporter pad and selected "Return to Sector Space" and the game hung up again on the loading screen. Now every time I try to log on to Holodeck I get to the point at which it says loading character list and it says "Login Failed for Unknown Reason" and it kicks me out.

I can login to Tribble and Champions Online just fine. Holodeck however,... "Login Failed for Unknown Reason"
  • Options
    captpricemancaptpriceman Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm getting the same thing as well. Can not log in due to unknown reasons.
  • Options
    soundwisdomsoundwisdom Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    10's of threads popping up about not even being able to access the game? Yet no word that this is a known problem? Is all the community team fingers in ears at this point to this issue?

Can we get an official response that this is being looked into at this point? I don't really care about not getting a free character slot, or slow patching when the game is nonaccessible...
  • Options
    timothywhiteowltimothywhiteowl Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Echo
    Retrieving list of characters then "Login Failed for Unknown Reason"
  • Options
    bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is not an unknown reason, we all should know the reason why

infact, kahn can give us 72 reasons why
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• Options
    st3a1th2st3a1th2 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can't login to game. I would have thought by now they would have a extra server on hire for a few weeks ready for the launch of the new season. How many new potental players will now not bother as they will be put of by this ? not only current players
  • Options
    alexrichardsalexrichards Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So we going for 80 pages this time or 100. Server is sure to be Gorn a long time
    Admiral Alex 'Grumpy Cat' Richards
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What you looking @ Admiral?"
  • Options
    daskippadaskippa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been trying to log in for a while.

I mean, can't they just say "server is full" or "server crashed", something besides "can't login for an unknown reason"

It can't be THAT mysterious.

"can't login for an unknown reason" = "can't load balance" in dev speak
  • Options
    omegasignasomegasignas Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cant be much harder then cold starting a warp core, hell id take restarting the warp core right now, it'd at least start back up eventually unlike a certain game
  • Options
    kidkamikaze10kidkamikaze10 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The planet in the loading screen is moving right?
  • Options
    l0cutus359l0cutus359 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am having the same problem. Downloaded the patch and then bombs out to the login screen trying to retrieve characters.
    Locutus

Delirium Tremens
    Tier 4 Starbase, Tier 3 Embassy
    http://dtfleet.com/
  • Options
    linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I finally finished patching the game, and I ended up getting the same message.

grrr...
  • Options
    spearhawk2013spearhawk2013 Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    after finally patching I am now getting to this problem, any solution? or cause of the problem?
  • Options
    gl2814egl2814e Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I couldn't file a help desk ticket either. This is somewhat vexing since I finally gave in and signed up for a Lifetime Membership.
  • Options
    snakevorerulessnakevorerules Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i think someone forgot to pay the monkey his banana at cryptic and bang he pulled the plug on the log on.
  • Options
    maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Reason Is Unkown
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    reaperwrightyreaperwrighty Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I logged after patching and was on for over an hour or so and I went to change toons and now I cant get back in, it keeps saying login failed for unknown reason, can someone please fix it
  • Options
    ryftlordryftlord Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Holy post spams o_o
    Ja'kreen - "The Laughing Vulcan"
    Mirror Ja'kreen
    X'Tem
    Active RPer
  • Options
    thehellnbackthehellnback Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well it's still doing it .. I'm afraid it will continue to do it until I remove it .. blah whats a year and untold amounts of money spent on this to them ... if anyone cared it would have never happened.
  • Options
    acavalloacavallo Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same issue here. Unable to login due to Unknown reason.
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    have this issue as well
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    gypsyinspacegypsyinspace Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So wonder if this means that if you are ingame you are fine but outside can't get in. Might just be a login server issue

$125 and THIS is what I get
  • Options
    cybermortiscybermortis Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same issue, which is more than annoying after having to wait four hours for the patch to download.
  • Options
    villetta#5537 villetta Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am glad someone revived this thread, thus further proving Cryptic's incompetency.
  • Options
    hunterpdx1hunterpdx1 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Holy TRIBBLE by the time I read down one page of replies there are ten more that have been posted!

This is some serious fubar ****ola going on! The quantum states between realities are breaking down and everything is trying to happen all at once.

This launch is definitely one of the more poorly executed in recent memory. But, hey, never do things by half measures. If you're going to suck, then suck hard I say!
This discussion has been closed.