test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to Log In Due to Unknown Reasons (We're investigating this)

Comments

• gdeemergdeemer Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same issues for me.
    ========================
    Deemer
    Fleet Admiral
    Mechanized Dragons
    ========================
  • suzanna3suzanna3 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    eventually...... got the patch downloaded, reached "retrieving list of characters screen" then get Login failed due to unknown reasons ((

singularity_zps539276de.jpg
  • chrondorrchrondorr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Verily I say unto thee, Cryptic, thine game hath ceased to function. We are displeased here in the Continuum, and are wroth with frustration and deep angst. Get thine behinds on the problem!
  • ratmandu1979ratmandu1979 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    People who have been playing for months on end now cannot get into the game due to returning people coming back just for the romulans. more servers please.
  • streethawkestreethawke Member Posts: 705 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    On a brighter note... I do like the new UI from the login screen at least :D
    b_ro.png
    When you want to break the mold

BETA Tips and Tricks
    Never saw Pants in beta?
  • erawra1erawra1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same thing, for the record:

Retrieving list of characters then "Login Failed for Unknown Reason"
  • zachverantzachverant Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I need an PWE/Cryptic address to send my Booze Bill too while waiting for the "cannot login for unknown reasons" screen to go to...WOOT!!! time to play screen. I understand there was going to be issues for new patch...but...realllly...you all knew the ENTIRE Trek Universe was logging in today.

If an LTS member cannot login, then what hope is there for the casual F2P player have.

just sayin...:(

see ya when I see ya...:confused:
    "Sips her PWE Koolaide and looks at alllll the goodies in the Z store"
    Badname Betty (PvP...PvE...STF...Trophy Hunter...Latnium Collector...Federation)
    Commander Morgana (PvP...PvE...STF...KDF)
    1000 day vet and LTS
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] STO Join date: 7 Feb 2010
  • stonelokistoneloki Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The issue isn't resolved cause something is broke, Iam guessing this has to do with gold members not getting their open toon slot for the Rommie's

So I'll just come back tomorow, no use sitting here grumbling about it now.
    2p1n3_by_rainrivermusic-d6fyhfm_zpsemwlec9g.gif
  • lpevanslpevans Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can't even download the patch. I can log into my account, the patch starts, but within a few seconds I get an error 'Cryptic Error Handling', and the whole window just shuts off. Anyone else experiencing this? I've had the same problem for over 2 hours.
  • sharky445sharky445 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Pathed fine but cannot login to character selection screen it sits there than the error.????????????
  • g4merlongleyg4merlongley Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So first the romulans blow up there planet and now they blow the legacy of romulas? we just cant win.
  • jelly0jelly0 Member Posts: 560 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nope, you're lying. I've been in every single WoW's expansion release days, and every single one had slow logins, dropped connections, queues, and the like.

I remember when they released pandaria expansion, omg it took like 3 hours to do the intro mission that now takes about 5 minutes.
  • sleazosleazo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same problem here
  • kidkamikaze10kidkamikaze10 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been trying to log in for a while.

I mean, can't they just say "server is full" or "server crashed", something besides "can't login for an unknown reason"

It can't be THAT mysterious.
  • streethawkestreethawke Member Posts: 705 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LOL really, in a thread from March? Aren't these new issues?
    b_ro.png
    When you want to break the mold

BETA Tips and Tricks
    Never saw Pants in beta?
  • xenificationxenification Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chrondorr wrote: »
    Verily I say unto thee, Cryptic, thine game hath ceased to function. We are displeased here in the Continuum, and are wroth with frustration and deep angst. Get thine behinds on the problem!

If only we could click our fingers or wave our hands to do what we want :/

side note; if we did have that power people would farm STFs haha as they'd just click their fingers at the very start then they'd be done lol
  • richmondhmsrichmondhms Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Let me ask you this, does it come up with the message saying it's getting your character list, and then sits there for a few seconds longer than it should, and then get the failed login error?
    if so, I'm getting the same damn thing, and I think it's the game timing out.

same here been the same since i updated shortly after the servers came back up, never got the game up and working

they have been takeing lessons from EA after the Sim City Launch
  • masterninja98masterninja98 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it is still happening to me too.
  • acavalloacavallo Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Add me to the list of folks unable to login for an unknown reason. :confused:
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just gave up trying to play the game. 2 minutes to take each item from one ship to another is just ridiculous.
    That and not being able to spend skill points due to lag still thinking I am the previous rank.

After half an hour I just gave up lol
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• roswellgornakroswellgornak Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Reminds me of the rollout of Diablo III
  • bleapsbleaps Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i am wondering why server is still up , personally id be on emergency fix-a-ma-bobs but each to there own
  • josegasparjosegaspar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good catch! I had not noticed that the planet on the login screen is, in fact, rotating.
  • eliteliferselitelifers Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here, must be all the patches at the sametime, or they disabled login's until a good percentage of people recieved the patch.
  • tommyatstarfleettommyatstarfleet Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah im getting "unable to login for unknown reason"

Its not logging into holodeck or tribble on my end.
  • xathanael#5083 xathanael Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    After 3 hours of "Launcher Crashed, Please Try Again" just to get the Patch, now we have to go thru several more hours of "Login Failed to Load for Unknown Reasons" ?! What the hell get your TRIBBLE together
  • tinnydancertinnydancer Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    Okay, I got online on Holodeck after the maintenance. I approached DS9 on my KDF toon and the game hung at the loading screen for about 20 minutes, so I closed out the game and re-opened it and tried to log back on to that toon, Same deal, game client hung up on the loading screen. So, I closed out the game and logged back in on another of my 5 toon and everything worked fine except, it took forever to withdraw or deposite items from my account bank.

Then after doing my Dil and Fleet dailies on two toons, I went to do the Fleet daily on my third toon and when I was done, I went to the transporter pad and selected "Return to Sector Space" and the game hung up again on the loading screen. Now every time I try to log on to Holodeck I get to the point at which it says loading character list and it says "Login Failed for Unknown Reason" and it kicks me out.

I can login to Tribble and Champions Online just fine. Holodeck however,... "Login Failed for Unknown Reason"
  • starmuttstarmutt Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I thought the patch speed was annoying, 200MB taking an Hour and a half on a high end connection.

But now I'm getting the same error "unable to connect for some unknown reason" (very descriptive I must say) when it?s trying to retrieve my characters.

Also, is the rumour true that the LTS queue/preferential position has been shut down? So another wait to look forward to?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    McCoy: In this galaxy, there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth-type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more, only one of each of us.
  • captpricemancaptpriceman Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm getting the same thing as well. Can not log in due to unknown reasons.
  • soundwisdomsoundwisdom Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    10's of threads popping up about not even being able to access the game? Yet no word that this is a known problem? Is all the community team fingers in ears at this point to this issue?

Can we get an official response that this is being looked into at this point? I don't really care about not getting a free character slot, or slow patching when the game is nonaccessible...
This discussion has been closed.