test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to Log In Due to Unknown Reasons (We're investigating this)

Comments

• hunterpdx1hunterpdx1 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yep yep same as 18+ pages before me.

Good news is someone finally was able to turn up download speed and it finished.
    Bad news is I also have the character retrieval then login fail for unknown reason.

Worse news is that when the game likely does finally start, a few bumps yet down the road, I'm sure it won't be anything remotely resembling "stable".

I hope you guys use some of the funds your getting for Legacy Packs to hire additional help and equipment.
  • buddha1369buddha1369 Member Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well I did manage to get on for about 10min today. My character had 15 DOFF missions listed as "Finishing." About 5 of them actually finished before I was kicked off. Also 20 new exchange messages, none of which I was able to delete.

Also everything looks really nice, did they change the graphics or something? I didn't see it in the massive update log but I may have missed it.
  • lokimichio05lokimichio05 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hinkszorn wrote: »
    WTF........ this is now pissing me off. For those that are going to say "why dont you QQ some more" well you can take a hike. This is not like a patch to fix something, this is a patch that you have know about for a LONG LONG Time. This loading TRIBBLE you should have know about. The amount of people that are playing again you should have know cause its new stuff and people wanted to look at it. But now after 3 and 1/2 hours of patching i log in and i am ready and..........

LOGIN FAILED FOR SOME REASON

WTF, this is TRIBBLE.

Unfortunately I have to agree. I have been patching for over 3 hours as well just to get the 'Login Failed for Unknown Reason'. Add to it that just because I'm a gold paying member I may not have the extra slot for a Romulan/Reman and then I feel like I'm being screwed. Any chance this will get resolved soon?
  • projectfrontierprojectfrontier Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    usscapital wrote: »
    got kicked from game and now I cannot login due to unknown reasons lol , I thought it was to good to be true playing without issues . after I was dropped from game it updated the launcher for me also , come on cryptic you should have learned by now ;)

I'm getting "Dunno why you can't log in."
  • banditkoval440banditkoval440 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gaevsman wrote: »
    Really tired too.. i just got one free day... now it's lost...

I know i could of done much better things today.. and when now its done patching i cant play... its bull
  • conundrumnsaconundrumnsa Member Posts: 705 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The fanboys are as bad as the OP.

Just because other games have bad launches / expansions in no way excuses Cryptic from having a bad one.

If everyone jumped off a cliff would you all?
  • suntarusuntaru Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OK, so they have to go out and get a new hamster to spin the wheel to keep the game going. the last one died of old age and overworked. Yes I remember to February 2nd 2010 fun we had. lol. Here are a couple of things you can think about.

1 " I feel more like I do now than I did when I first got here"

2 repeat this three times while speeding up when you say it

" Owa Tafu Liam " remember say it three times faster each time.
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pattee1 wrote: »
    wow i was playing the booted now game is wacked for unknown reason:mad:

same here , anything from cryptic on this issue yet ? . tribble works fine for me but not holodeck
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • hartwell70hartwell70 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yep it happened to me as well. going for toon list and comes back with log on failure for some unknown reason. guess ill try later tonight.
  • wenom4wenom4 Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i dont have any problems 10gb patch under 15min. :)
  • jamba101jamba101 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yep i get a username invalid so i can't log on.
  • jake477jake477 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    WHAT THE HELL!!!!! The launcher worked but now can't even get my damn charcters to show up and i have everything right!!!!!!!

COME ON CRYPTIC I PAID YOU 400 dollars for this plus.........

I expect to play my game i'm a lifetime member and legacy pack buyer. :mad::mad::mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"
  • confessor1978confessor1978 Member Posts: 20
    edited May 2013
    daskippa wrote: »
    1986 called they want their 386 server back, the floppies too.

thats the issue they used the floppies as coasters now there up **** creek without a paddle
  • donutsmasherdonutsmasher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    deokkent wrote: »
    Lol you need to QQ less. Enjoy life, read a book, come back after a week when everyone is less excited to play LoR. Servers should be alright then.

Yes, because it's silly to expect a product you pay for to actually work isn't it? -.-'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by my better half.
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What of them? Every single online game has server problems from time to time, and always when new games/expansions launch.

Way to rationalize. Given the fact that their servers been messed up in the last few weeks, they should've been more attenative. Instead they seemed to throw on some duct tape and expected it would've held long enough for the launch crowd to settle down.
  • dessniperdessniper Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic taking lessons Diablo III
  • outpostoutpost Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Getting same issue.
  • trhrangerxmltrhrangerxml Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Haters gonna hate. This happens in every game I play after a major expansion/DLC. OP is just looking for an excuse to rage.
    Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again? :D
  • raepokraepok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This update is fantastic, oops never mind "Login Failed for Unknown Reason". Never seen an error like that before. At least throw a fake error code at me or something. Unexpected error would have sounded better.
  • anneonomousanneonomous Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013

That is never appropriate.
  • gypsyinspacegypsyinspace Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same problem. I was playing just fine until I hit the costume dude and it crashed to desktop. Then I'm getting Login failed for unknown reason. Nice error message Cryptic.
  • johndroidjohndroid Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You expect the game to run perfectly just a few hours after an entire expansion dropped? This has happened to every MMO ever. You're acting childish.

Well then might i say good luck getting 1 of the Jem'hadar lock boxes on the last day with your 1/billionth chance to login to get one haha.
  • kirkson2kirkson2 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If everyone jumped off a cliff would you all?

yes but i would not have a cryptic parachute :D
    Klingons smell worse than wookies:D
  • thebigcheeseukthebigcheeseuk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I get the same and I'm a subscriber. Guess it's a waiting game.
  • hatch88hatch88 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This game really needed this expansion as well. I'm sure the Dev's are working hard on it. This launch could make or break the future of STO for awhile to come.
  • kruntchkruntch Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Meanwhile at Cryptic HQ:
    Alright so lets make sure the game updates and everything is good to go, but lets not address any log in issues there may be because something like that wouldn't happen, even though it happens every major update.
  • nychusnychus Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    my guess the database is getting hammered and is unable to cope with the combination of loads of players hitting all at once plus people popping new lockboxes like their candy.
  • asheistheravenasheistheraven Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got the same message.

It was 4 when I started writing a response, reached 14 after I finished typing.

I love panic, so entertaining from an observers stand point.
  • tau9tau9 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    at first i got the unknown reason error, now it wont accept my password at login, says invalid, been same password for 2 years, tried the change password, and still no confirmation email even after 30 mins of waiting for one in my inbox....

Real disapointed with cryptic about now......
  • norfournorfour Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've seen a lot of posts already, and it is just now after 6:15 EST. Just about the time a lot of folks are getting home ready to play LoR. This thread is about to get very very long unless they pull the server for some emergency maintenance and fix whatever is wrong. Either way, a lot of folks are getting angry. We accepted and even expected some day one problems with this massive release, but an "Unknown Reason" is a really bad reason not to be able to play.

I was lucky enough to play some of the beta. We have good things in-store for us. Fingers crossed!!
This discussion has been closed.