test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to Log In Due to Unknown Reasons (We're investigating this)

Comments

• Options
    hrisvalarhrisvalar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Everyone thinks their situation is bad - apparently my friend no longer as his lifetime status.. or any sub status/purchase history for that matter

If you go to the account page through a link ingame, or typing/pasting the URL in the browser, it doesn't show you your actual account page. Cause, you know, the web guys are almost as competent as the server ones. I'm giving it 9 to 1 odds that happened. Have your friend just go to the site and click the account link. If that's empty, then yeah, wish him good luck with his protracted staring match with PWE support...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Reave
  • Options
    confessor1978confessor1978 Member Posts: 20
    edited May 2013
    haha cryptic probably have more exploits in their launches then any modern day mmo in the market both sto and neverwinter have been collosal TRIBBLE ups.. auction house exploits too name 1 they couldnt fix in 2 games...
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ah yes the sweet rage of the forums.... Everyone expects 100% up-time during such a huge thing... Just goes to show how nobody seems to expect realistic out-comes...
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    awt1967awt1967 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At me to this list so damned annoying
  • Options
    nekkinekki Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    broke game is broke
  • Options
    jelly0jelly0 Member Posts: 560 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cant help but laugh, I saw this coming a mile off.

oh btw why the hell am I in a que to log in if I just change characters IM ALREADY LOGGED IN
  • Options
    rickskynightrickskynight Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I finally logged in... but now Im sitting at the loading screen for whatever part of space I was in and at the "server not responding 400.0s" mark :D

Its like climbing a mountain.
  • Options
    tyranaaltyranaal Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Slow as hell patching and now I can't get in. Not the best expansion launch I've ever seen.
  • Options
    kubisan88kubisan88 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here, i went throught hell and back patching 203MB for 2hours :/ then i finally log up, patcher said ok and then Peek-a-boo unknown reason... god-damn-it.. hope they will fix this soon

I very appreciate this great game and their courage to set it as F2P, cause they are unique and just fine, but come on...
  • Options
    melkelzedekmelkelzedek Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    guess I'm also on the list of "Login failed for an unknown reason". Superfun!

Add me to that list of unknown reasons it cannot load the list. I am going to eat... then come back and try again. Hopefully they did not wipe out all of our characters like on trible when they patched it.....
  • Options
    xcom43xcom43 Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am having this issue it is saying could not retrieve the list of chars.

Then kicks me even though i am a life time sub.

This is making me seeing red.
    The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
  • Options
    daskippadaskippa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1986 called they want their 386 server back, the floppies too.
  • Options
    hdspringerhdspringer Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    don't know why they have to fix something that isn't broke I get to my people select an it wont login
    :mad::(
  • Options
    razikhielrazikhiel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All this can mean only one thing, Cryptics 56k modem crashed.

It happened to me too, (SCARY, I KNOW) :D

What I did is I shut-down the launcher completly, waited for a little while, and than restarted it and this solved the problem for me.. (without further ado, thank god).
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Really tired too.. i just got one free day... now it's lost...
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hatch88 wrote: »
    Im going to guess so many new characters just overloaded it. It'll be a bit before it gets back to working I'd bet. Ahh well. Happens to many games when they drop an expansion
    I would like to think that, but locking out people who already have characters?

Though it is common for systems failures on expansion release days, very true.
    I had the same issue. But a few moments before that, It wouldn't recognize my password.

The same, then the launcher crashed.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    managed to play to lvl 10

got booted

unknown reasons?!? nope, login server crash.. btw - where is the LTS queue?
  • Options
    vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got character double detected or something after waiting in line for 30 min.

Now getting "login failed for unknown reason" :D
  • Options
    nasaman48nasaman48 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same issue.... I log in and then it does the retrieving list of characters and then it says log in failed for some unknown reason....

Well PWI, are you going to fix this issue or do what you have done countless times in the past.... just blow it off until the next patch?
  • Options
    seanzilla4seanzilla4 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'll add my voice to those experiencing this issue. I rebooted my machine to make sure it wasn't me, and I submitted a report under the "support" tab.
  • Options
    crazygunnerrrcrazygunnerrr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hsm2k4 wrote: »
    I just want to thank Perfect World for reminding us why this game is free to play... all the frustrations are also free.
    Cry more dude.

They just released the biggest update ever, they are seeing lots of people logging in at the same, extreme amounts of stress on their servers but you are still crying?

What do you expect them to do, to get double the servers for the first 2 days?

Don't get me wrong, it's a shame it happens and PW has lots of things wrong, but from the short time I was ingame, the new interfaces etc etc, is all well made.
    I'd say they did a good job here, all we can do is wait for the stress on the servers to go down, nothing they can do really.
  • Options
    demonstormukdemonstormuk Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    kerukiraikerukirai Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Tal Shiar have currently imprisoned all Romulans, but don't worry. The calvary is on the way.
  • Options
    zepharynthezepharynthe Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All patched, but character select times out and gets the error message unable to connect. and kicks me out to log in screen again. Doing this over and over, I exited and relaunched. Still getting the same thing, finishes loading, accessing character select, unable to connect for some unknown reason, back to log in screen.
    I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.
    Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. Thomas Jefferson (et al)
  • Options
    freddothefroggyfreddothefroggy Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same prob here
  • Options
    pattee1pattee1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wow i was playing the booted now game is wacked for unknown reason:mad:
  • Options
    razikhielrazikhiel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    daskippa wrote: »
    1986 called they want their 386 server back, the floppies too.

OMG! Heheheh, rofl! Sorry, dont wanna spam this page but.. heheh.. :)
  • Options
    startrek7771414startrek7771414 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, indeed, a whole bunch of times - will not load characters.......
    Good Evening Ladies and Gentlemen.......
This discussion has been closed.