test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

cant get on game

help i cant get in the games as it keeps saying verify files then i click yes wait untill its done click engage gets to the seconed loading screen and just closes
:mad:
Post edited by captinsicko on

Comments

• bloodfrontbloodfront Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Spamming the forum is not going to get you an answer, or help.
  • dcmstechdcmstech Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Would also help if you would post any error messages your system displays upon crashing of the game.

Like my error:

Fatal Error: Unable to find default animation sequencer Sto_Holstered_Weapon. You must add flag "DefaultSequence" to one (and only one) Sequence!
  • jarninjfjarninjf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm having the same issue reported by the OP. Patch went fine. Clicked "Engage" and the game began to load. Got to the point where the "Cryptic" loading screen turns into the Legacy of Romulus" loading screen, and the game crashes.

There is no fatal error reported. The only way I know the game has shut down is that the Cryptic crash tool pops up asking what I was doing when the game crashed. Typed, "crashed during Cryptic Loading Screen" and sent the report.
  • tiagothompsotiagothompso Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was having the same problem so i run the launcher in windows XP sp3 compatibility mode
    Im admin on my system but i marked run as admin anyway(sometimes windows have permission issues)
    And i Copy NxCooking.dll from Star trek online folder to system32
    And marked the Safe mode on launcher and the problem is gone.
    I don't know wich made it work because i made this all at once.
    Hope that work for you guys, see you in game.
    edited May 2013
    I was having the same problem so i run the launcher in windows XP sp3 compatibility mode
    Im admin on my system but i marked run as admin anyway(sometimes windows have permission issues)
    I'm on WinXP, so this won't help me.
    And i Copy NxCooking.dll from Star trek online folder to system32
    What is this? Where did you see this as a fix?
    And marked the Safe mode on launcher and the problem is gone. I don't know wich made it work because i made this all at once.
    Hope that work for you guys, see you in game.
    I'll try this now. Thanks!
    edited May 2013
    Welp, I tried logging in in Safe Mode: Still crashed at the same point.

Then I tracked down NxCooking.dll in my STO directory and copied that to my system32 folder: Still crashed at the same point.

Next step: Complete reinstall of STO!

/fun