test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STO downloaded from scratch with / without LoR?

asches1asches1 Member Posts: 148 Arc User
If you download STO after the launch of LoR, will LoR be included in the download or will you still have to patch it to get LoR? Not sure if my question is understandable...

ty for infos
Everybody looks right, but you pass left...
Post edited by asches1 on

Comments

• Options
    aexraelaexrael Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There's no reason a new client install post LoR launch wouldn't include all up-to-date files from the beginning, provided you disable on-demand-patching.
  • Options
    sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It will patch
    New installs always patch
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    New install is unpatched, after install it will patch itself.

:eek:

MANY gigs of data coming your way.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    thank you all for the info. and what do i have to do if i was able to download the pre-patch. just leave it where it is, or do i have to do smth with that?
  • Options
    eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I really hope there will be a download version with LoR included from the web server, as I really just want to get around even using the launcher at all. The launcher never works as it should. Crashing now and then, stopping randomly, patching in a snail's speed etc.
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • Options
    smidgysmidgy Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, if you want to be certain of getting the absolute latest files from scratch, there's a sticky at the top of this forum for the latest launcher. Download that, put it in a folder of your choice, then run it, and it will download the latest version of the game client into that folder. This does have the slight downside of not setting up any shortcuts, etc, that the proper setup files do, but that's easy enough to do manually.

As an alternative, they seem to have removed the option of bittorrent download from the official download page, but, if you can find an old one from somewhere that's still working, and use a bittorrent client that allows selection of specific files within the torrent to download (I use Tixati), you might be able to just download the setup file that installs the launcher, then the launcher will only need to update itself to the latest version before downloading the game client.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    hi all. thanks for the details :) what you suggest will be the last resort :D

man, what they do here is a joke:
    "How come our servers can't handle that many downloads?"
    "Hey John, did you thought we would get so many people logging on, when we launch an expansion we are advertising since weeks? And that really everybody is trying to get the update?"
    "Noooooo..."
    "Rick, what do you think we should do?"
    "Hey, lets just tell them we are working on it (but pssst, they can't really know that the only solution would be to buy/rent better servers for these occasions, but we really won't, because we wont spend the money we get from the lucrative lock-boxes;)"
    "Ok Martin, let's do that!"

(any parallels to real names or persons are merely coincidental, thank you for your understanding)