test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Praetorian Guard - A Klingon alligned Romulan/Reman-only RP guild.

Comments

• Options
    itsthebishopitsthebishop Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We're getting closer. I won't have much time to play until Wednesday afternoon, but I hope to be able to at least log on and create the character on the 21st.

Reading and re-reading some of Diane Duane's Rihannsu novels. I am very excited to be able to finally play a Romulan in a Romulan ship with Romulan missions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Romulan Praetorian Guard
    Original join date:January 2010
  • Options
    bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    very interested; Empire, Glory, Charvanek. All that and such.
    Jolan Tru/Qapla!
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • Options
    lord7tareqlord7tareq Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Four new members in a single evening, woohoo! Thanks all and welcome to our fleet!:)

We're getting closer. I won't have much time to play until Wednesday afternoon, but I hope to be able to at least log on and create the character on the 21st.

Reading and re-reading some of Diane Duane's Rihannsu novels. I am very excited to be able to finally play a Romulan in a Romulan ship with Romulan missions.

No worries, I envision that the downtime of the server on the 21th will be (far) greater than the uptime, so in a way I consider the 22th to be the true release date. No disappointments that way unless something goes horribly wrong on pwe's end ;)
  • Options
    abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lord7tareq wrote: »
    No disappointments that way unless something goes horribly wrong on pwe's end ;)

You fool! You have jinxed it!!!!
  • Options
    pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Jolan'tru!

I'm very excited about The Praetorian Guard fleet and I just sent you a PM. Looking forward to when LOR goes live this week.
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    It's almost Warbird time. Exciting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Romulan Praetorian Guard
  • Options
    merkhetmerkhet Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think I would like to be a part of this.
  • Options
    benpeters88benpeters88 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would also like to join a Romulan only fleet.
  • Options
    bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    On the fleet website, I am going by Symachos, in the game I my character will go by Symakhos.
    (just a heads up)
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • Options
    hyperion1980hyperion1980 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was like, "RP guild? Sweet". Then I was like, "wait, you aren't actually playing Republic Romulans? Never mind."

I am also set on playing a Republic Romulan. But the desire to RP my Romulan character again after 7 years (I used to PBeM sims) is strong. Maybe I will consider joining you guys. Would allow Republic Romulans to be affiliated with your fleet? Would make for some interesting RP, and one hell of a story arc is already forming in the back of my mind. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the interest everyone! I'm not actually able to log in at the moment due to the server getting overloaded, but when I'll do I'll send you all an invite.
    I am also set on playing a Republic Romulan. But the desire to RP my Romulan character again after 7 years (I used to PBeM sims) is strong. Maybe I will consider joining you guys. Would allow Republic Romulans to be affiliated with your fleet? Would make for some interesting RP, and one hell of a story arc is already forming in the back of my mind.

I don't see why not, the fleet has allied itself with the republic after all...some liaison officers wouldn't be completely out of the question. And yes it would make for some interesting RP ;)
    So, if you'd still like to join us please fill in an application on our site giving a brief summary of how you'd like to see your character interact with the rest of the fleet, and all shall be fine :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Cool, I was thinking of something along the lines of a liaison officers assigned to you by the Republic in the spirit of the mutual struggle against the Tal'Shiar and to serve as the eyes, ears and mouth of the Republic. ;)

Oh and you can find my character's biography here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=10062431&postcount=33
    lord7tareq wrote: »
    I don't see why not, the fleet has allied itself with the republic after all...some liaison officers wouldn't be completely out of the question. And yes it would make for some interesting RP ;)
    So, if you'd still like to join us please fill in an application on our site giving a brief summary of how you'd like to see your character interact with the rest of the fleet, and all shall be fine :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Well, Galan@Heimskringla is up and running; I had the time and good fortune to get the tutorial done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Romulan Praetorian Guard
  • Options
    soirensoiren Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like the concept of the fleet and would like to join, I plan to name my Reman Khaiel (@Unshra.)

I was unable to create a Reman do to a bug but once it's addressed I'll will send you a PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "There is neither happiness nor misery in the world; there is only the comparison of one state to another, nothing more."
    ~Alexandre Dumas
  • Options
    cleve1970cleve1970 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Would like to offer my services to the Praetorian Guard, this fleet sounds like my kind of place. My in-game name is Jorak (@joric).
    Only thing worse than ignorance is the illusion of knowledge.

Admiral Jorak
    Romulan Intelligence
  • Options
    grisha5grisha5 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Jolan Tru,

I would also like to sign up (put in a slightly longish story in the app) as well! Like that there is a fleet that embodies all it means to be Romulan, they always were my favorites. Hope to see you all in game!
  • Options
    genericolagenericola Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Once I've finally managed to get into the game and create a character I'd love to join aswell. though I cant say that I've ever RP'd before.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    genericola wrote: »
    Once I've finally managed to get into the game and create a character I'd love to join aswell. though I cant say that I've ever RP'd before.

The more the merrier. Don't worry. We'll show you the ropes. I have nearly 15 years of RP experience under my belt. :) Two of those RP'ing Romulans in a PBeM setting.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Has the fleet been formed? I haven't heard from anyone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Romulan Praetorian Guard
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Has the fleet been formed? I haven't heard from anyone.

Absolutely! I'll send you an invite when I catch you ingame.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Jolan'tru to those who march beneath the raptor's wings. Join us in rebuilding the glorious Romulan Star Empire!
  • Options
    gallothrixgallothrix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Submitted an application. :)
  • Options
    saif1984saif1984 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ive submitted my application of Shijlal
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Our ranks consisting of proper Romulans are continuing to swell! Join us and help restore the Romulan Star Empire to its former glory!
  • Options
    tivalustivalus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Having Romulans finallly made me pick up STO again (I quit 2 months after retail because I didn't like starfleet or the then unfinished klingon faction).

However now I am back in full power and having a blast. I too will apply on your website :)

See you in game.
  • Options
    warpactwarpact Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Having the option of choosing a Romulan or Klingon brought me back to the game, and I'm actually enjoying it. Also enjoying being in the fleet, very laid back group of people who have already helped me quite a bit.
    NK-Velkyn-tat_zps09ca90e7.png
    Khaless nau uss mzild taga dosstan.
    Dirty Business, NW-DBU9MXKXW
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    warpact wrote: »
    Having the option of choosing a Romulan or Klingon brought me back to the game, and I'm actually enjoying it. Also enjoying being in the fleet, very laid back group of people who have already helped me quite a bit.

Thank you warpact! Glad to hear you are enjoying your time with us :)
  • Options
    pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I do have to say that, although my FED and KDF toons are members of some well-established fleets, I've had a more enjoyable time in the Praetorian Guard than any other fleet ... and I've only been a part of it for about two weeks!

If you enjoy RP as a Romulan or Reman and are a mature, friendly player who wants to help build a great starbase then I highly recommend contacting lord7tareq or applying via the website: http://romulus.shivtr.com/
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
  • Options
    thegreatwyrmthegreatwyrm Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Jolan'tru to one and all. I've submitted my application to the site and look forward to hearing from you all soon.
  • Options
    syphengamersyphengamer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just out of curiosity how strict are you guys on the RP? My char meets all the reqs but I don't RP really heavily although I do enjoy some light RP.

Just a little info on me and the gaming background I come from to see if you can help determine if you guys are a perfect fit...

I am an STO veteran that played from release up till a little after the Undine STF release. I have played off and on after that but never really heavily again untill now. The new expansion is really nice as I have wanted to play a romulan for a while and the new story arcs are amazing. My Romulans are Klingon alligned.

My guild used to play at release but it imploded due to circumstances beyond my control and never really fully covered so I am now looking for a new home now that I am back. I am still a member of that guild but we do not focus on this game anymore as we are a multi gaming guild. I enjoy socializing in voice chat a bunch and much prefer it to typing, the guild I am in always focused on family first and making everyone feel at home and not just a number. I enjoy doing STF's and other missions in groups and on harder difficulties for the challenge. Also how many players do you have active currently (guestimate is fine) Just want to make sure there are enough around to activly engage and socialize whenever I am on.

I am 37 married with 2 kids so I def fall into the not a massive amount of time to spend ingame although I do go on binges occasionally and spend a lot of time.

I look forward to hearing back and possibly joining you guys.