test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Praetorian Guard - A Klingon alligned Romulan/Reman-only RP guild.

Comments

• doresainbanedoresainbane Member Posts: 31
    edited June 2013
    Awesome fleet concept! Feel free to message @DoresainBane if you guys ever want to get involved with a crime cartel for black market goods etc.

Also, I would very much love to have you guys set up a guild page posting on Holodeck.Enjin.Com Link, it is a new STO Role Play Community site we would love to have you guys interact there!
  • lord7tareqlord7tareq Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just out of curiosity how strict are you guys on the RP? My char meets all the reqs but I don't RP really heavily although I do enjoy some light RP.

We accept members that abide with our requirements even if they don't RP at all. We just organise RP events (not too many atm truth be told, but I want to increase the pace of them) and those that wish it can join in, but its not a requirement.
    Just a little info on me and the gaming background I come from to see if you can help determine if you guys are a perfect fit...

I am an STO veteran that played from release up till a little after the Undine STF release. I have played off and on after that but never really heavily again untill now. The new expansion is really nice as I have wanted to play a romulan for a while and the new story arcs are amazing. My Romulans are Klingon alligned.

My guild used to play at release but it imploded due to circumstances beyond my control and never really fully covered so I am now looking for a new home now that I am back. I am still a member of that guild but we do not focus on this game anymore as we are a multi gaming guild. I enjoy socializing in voice chat a bunch and much prefer it to typing, the guild I am in always focused on family first and making everyone feel at home and not just a number. I enjoy doing STF's and other missions in groups and on harder difficulties for the challenge. Also how many players do you have active currently (guestimate is fine) Just want to make sure there are enough around to activly engage and socialize whenever I am on.

I am 37 married with 2 kids so I def fall into the not a massive amount of time to spend ingame although I do go on binges occasionally and spend a lot of time.

I look forward to hearing back and possibly joining you guys.

Seems like you would fit right with us! We have around 40 members atm, but growing steadily (pretty much every day 1-3 new members atm). Guildchat is fairly chatty, although not a non-stop sea of text.
    If you'd like to join us, please do apply to our site (romulus.shivtr.com). You will not have to fill in anything other than your ingame tag that we can contact you on, as your application here is just fine.
    edited June 2013
    Awesome fleet concept! Feel free to message @DoresainBane if you guys ever want to get involved with a crime cartel for black market goods etc.

Thank you! And we'd definitely be interested in that, as it would fit in really well with the current story arc that is beginning to unfold.

Also, I would very much love to have you guys set up a guild page posting on Holodeck.Enjin.Com Link, it is a new STO Role Play Community site we would love to have you guys interact there!

Good initiative! I was hoping there would be a RP platform for STO, thanks for creating one! When I have time later this week I'll set up a guild topic.
  • syphengamersyphengamer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Forgot to ask which voip if any do you guys use? and I will drop an app on the forums :-D
  • duskstrider101duskstrider101 Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Totally interested in this. My Rom is Fed aligned but I was considering rerolling him to KDF. Would love to get involved in the RP scene here in STO. :D
  • synysterbaconcapsynysterbaconcap Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How do you feel about those who were assimilated and brought back, assuming they no longer use their Borg designation and do their best to follow the Romulan way? (The name roughly translates to "Ghost of the House Twenty-Four") not near end game yet and still debating on what kind of fleet I want, but this is an option I'd like to know if I have or not :)
    edited June 2013
    Liberated Romulan or Reman borg are of course welcome, especially considering how the Romulans dabble in Borg tech. A borg designation would in that case also be acceptable. The naming policy is mostly to weed out ridiculous unfitting names, and not meant to hamper a player's creativity.

Feel free to post an application on our site: romulus.shivtr.com

Totally interested in this. My Rom is Fed aligned but I was considering rerolling him to KDF. Would love to get involved in the RP scene here in STO.

Great to hear! Looking forward to your application :)
  • stonedpenguinstonedpenguin Member Posts: 57
    edited June 2013
    Fleet is still growing but we need more true Romulans!
  • kilbingerkilbinger Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Jolan'tru Brothers!

I wanna ask you, are you already on the Fed side too?

It's time to dim the stars.
    Vice Admiral Septimus Severus -I.R.W. Jasta - Tal Shiar
    edited June 2013
    kilbinger wrote: »
    Jolan'tru Brothers!

I wanna ask you, are you already on the Fed side too?

It's time to dim the stars.

Jolan'tru! We are KDF-side only, and I doubt we will ever make a Federation version.
  • kilbingerkilbinger Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lord7tareq wrote: »
    Jolan'tru! We are KDF-side only, and I doubt we will ever make a Federation version.

but why on the side of the klingon dogs? :/

could you recommend some romulan patriot on the FED side?
    Vice Admiral Septimus Severus -I.R.W. Jasta - Tal Shiar
  • duskstrider101duskstrider101 Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You guys still active? I'm planning on rolling that KDF aligned Rom this weekend and doing my best to power level him. Would love some company and a fun fleet to level up with though!

Looking forward to hearing from you guys.
    edited July 2013

No true Romulan could ever be called a patriot under the Federation flag.

Recruitment is slowing down and we have limited places left for any true romulans left out in the cold void of space.
  • bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Greetings from the Imperial Family.

I applaud those who wish to rush an alliance with our Undeclared Brothers, but before Unification is to take place, the Federation must be shattered and brought to its knees.

-Symakhos of Charvanek
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • drogumnethardrogumnethar Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    kilbinger wrote: »

True Romulan patriots would never cower with the Feddies. Romulans are strong because they have alliances with proud honorable warriors - such as the Klingons - who don't bend to pressure from politicians and ambassadors and sheep in general.

I'd like in to the Guard - it is time someone takes a stand for Romulan virtues and makes the new Repulic a shining example for the rest of the galaxy!
  • heritor1heritor1 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Im very interested in this fleet, specifically joined the game to RP romulan and on a friends solid recommendation that the romulan storyline was actually done well (as pretty srs trekkies that's a massive boost) and your fleet really has the ideology im looking for.

I do have some questions that I would like to ask beforehand, if you could give the full name of someone suitable to contact ingame that would be great, alternatively I can be reached ingame as Ark'Talos@heritor1, ty.
    edited July 2013
    We are only presently looking to recruit 5-10 more people into the Guard. Science and Engineers have priority however exceptions can be made for those deserving. Anyone looking to join Praetorian Guard can contact myself in game or you can register for our website post in the recruitment section and I will contact you.

Karni@stonedpenguin.
    edited July 2013
    Recent executions have led us to look for more recruits...apply on website or ingame as above.
    edited July 2013
    2 positions remain to be filled.
    edited July 2013
    Keep in mind the the next Emperor will be a (Re)Unificationist.
    R E M A I N

edited July 2013
    Recruitment is still open for engineers and science officers.
  • astro2244astro2244 Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Looks pretty awesome I wish I could join your fleet. But my rommie allied with the federation. after the empire attacked helpless targets in romulan space after hobus went nova, The romulan character I rp could never ally with the klingons, At least the federation can be manipulated :P lol

Though I still think your fleet is cool and I wish you all the best.
    [SIGPIC]583px-Romulan_Star_Empire_logo%2C_2379.svg.png
    [/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2013
    Perhaps when the Romulan faction becomes independent, we will have many former fed aligned players coming to our side, once they have experienced how flimsy the Federation is.
    R E M A I N

• flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You guys are not recruiting Tactical Captains anymore I see? :/
    bltrrn wrote: »
    Perhaps when the Romulan faction becomes independent, we will have many former fed aligned players coming to our side, once they have experienced how flimsy the Federation is.
    As much as I'd love to be wrong, I don't think we'll ever be seeing the Romulan Faction as truly independent.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
    edited August 2013
    Jolan'Tru fellow Romulans,

Unlike some other posts - I seek to join your esteemed ranks to aid our honorable Klingon brothers in the fight against the Tal Shiar, the Borg as well as the menace that is the Federation and all of its "Politicians" that have been a plague on our galaxy for too long.

D'ro Gum@drogumnethar
    edited August 2013
    I've sent an invite to you, welcome to the Tal Prai'ex.

Peace and Long Life to the Romulan Star Empire!
    R E M A I N

edited August 2013
    Thanks - I'm all joined up and signed up on the web site too. Anything I need to get access to the forums on that site so I can post and reply to comments?
    edited August 2013
    Has your application been accepted yet?
    R E M A I N

edited August 2013
    To all interested parties, the Romulan Praetorian Guard now has 19 open positions for active members, applications for Tactical Officers are still closed however.

Peace and Long Life to the Romulan Star Empire.
    R E M A I N

edited September 2013
    Applications for Tactical Officers have been reopened.
    R E M A I N