test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - May 20, 2013

zer0niusrexzer0niusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
TRIBBLE has been updated to a new build.
ST.30.20130513a.11

General:
  • Cutting the Cord: Hakeev will now be gone when his death cutscene is over, regardless of player's faction.
  • Enemy Action: Updated the cutscene of the prisoner running so she is properly disintegrated.
  • Updated Duties of Command so that exiting the game during the mission will no longer prevent players from re-entering and completing it.
  • Updated Cold Comfort so that Romulan Aliens can Interrogate Tran.
  • Updated The House Always Wins so that leaving the mission during the Family Matters step no longer prevents mission completion.
Post edited by zer0niusrex on

Comments

• Options
    umaekoumaeko Member Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    *meekly* That's all?

Nothing about allowing Allied bridge officers to be used to Train powers for Romulan players?

Nothing about how 'calling support' in "Cutting the Cord" has support teams prematurely spawned for Romulan players, and that they don't despawn... making it really awkward when you call down orbital bombardments right over their heads?

Nothing about the difficulty of "Devil's Choice" during the "Defense of New Romulus" objective?

No addition of missing Romulan Republic undershirts/skirts?

No clean up of hair textures that end up having corrupted transparencies at their ends?

No fixing of the Valdore mip model (level of detail) that makes her wings textureless when seen from afar? (which happens often when looking at the flotilla from sector space and will even more when people actually start playing with the Valdore).

The last two patches have been kind of lean. I'm kind of worried. :(
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    umaeko wrote: »
    *meekly* That's all?

Nothing about allowing Allied bridge officers to be used to Train powers for Romulan players?

Nothing about how 'calling support' in "Cutting the Cord" has support teams prematurely spawned for Romulan players, and that they don't despawn... making it really awkward when you call down orbital bombardments right over their heads?

Nothing about the difficulty of "Devil's Choice" during the "Defense of New Romulus" objective?

No addition of missing Romulan Republic undershirts/skirts?

No clean up of hair textures that end up having corrupted transparencies at their ends?

:(

Dude, it's a holiday. Be thankful they got anything fixed at all.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited May 2013

And all the emergency downtime starting tomorrow will give them enough time to fix more stuff. :P
  • Options
    rld2rld2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This whole release just seems too quick .. like they're rushing it. There is WAY too many mistakes and errors.

The quickdraw in Paradise city between Law and the Gorn .. the Gorn doesn't even have a gun on his hip! HOW do you design a quickdraw shootout scene and FORGET the gun? Seriously ... ?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Thankful? I'm worried!

There's some stuff that I've bugged in there which I was hoping wouldn't go live on holodeck.

I'm not whining. I want the game to succeed. I want to avoid situations like returning friends coming back to try the game and making snide 'told you so' comments regarding bugs or getting frustrated on other stuff.
  • Options
    cptskeeterukcptskeeteruk Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bet they didnt fix the frosted boots yet either that i told a dev ingame and told zer0 as well and made a topic. Did they even fix them invunerable romulans on the ground portion of cutting the cord when they beam in when you do one of the bomb or whatever they are on the wall?

Yes cryptic rush big releases out they dont have pride in quality control at all imo i mean if it was once then ok they can adjust it next season release but no they have done it with almost every season just to meet deadlines or known release dates. I wish they just push back releases instead of relying on the good old "well patch whatever bugs or errors pop up after release". Lazy...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mikeward1701mikeward1701 Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any other season release they could maybe push back, but not this one.

Adding a new Race/Faction to an MMO is one of the biggest things you can do, Cryptic knows it, PWE knows it. They marketed the hell out of LoR launching May 21st, and they've got Blizzard and Bioware worried, so much so they've having their own events tomorrow.
    Fleet Admiral Ward
    Commander, Starfleet Corps of Engineers • 7th Fleet
    Commanding Officer, U.S.S. HEART OF OAK • NX-1759-B • Odyssey class Star Cruiser ( Lexington Tactical Configuration)
    )
    (Steam - feel free to follow/friend me : )
  • Options
    wazzagiowwazzagiow Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thankful? I'm worried!

There's some stuff that I've bugged in there which I was hoping wouldn't go live on holodeck.

I'm not whining. I want the game to succeed. I want to avoid situations like returning friends coming back to try the game and making snide 'told you so' comments regarding bugs or getting frustrated on other stuff.

what worries me is every time I sent a bug report I got a message saying can not be done at this time ... or something to that effect. made me wonder how effective tribble testing was if reports wasn't getting thru :s

also yeah it's been rushed. they needed at least a couple more months to finish the other half of the romulan faction.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Lazy...

I wouldn't go so far as call them lazy. I think the colossal work in this expansion is hardly anything we could qualify as lazy. There was an homestretch, there was crunchtime, and there was the opening of Into Darkness.

Let's be honest: there's nothing absolutely gamebreaking in the expansion as it stands. It's stable. It has flaws, but it can launch like this. If they had the guarantee of a stable launch, I could very well see them focus on releasing easy fixes only for the launch date.

My experience in beta has been nothing if not awesome, and I expect it'll be for many other people. I just wish there had been time for more polish, but that's likely not possible if they stick to their launchdate. I just hope the QA team is still working on helping solve some of that stuff internally and that'll we'll get some of that polish after the expansion launches, but before things slow down due to Devs heading out to vacations.

(not that they don't deserve it - just flag this as selfishly hopeful of me :D )
  • Options
    captain185captain185 Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited May 2013

What holiday? Memorial day is NEXT Monday.
    So, I just push the buttons and things blow up? Fascinating...
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Romulan characters STILL cannot use any of the Skill (XP) Bonuses/Boosts.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    captain185 wrote: »

Here in Canada it's Victoria Day so yeah vacation for us, though that would not have any effect on the dev team.
  • Options
    mrlizardomrlizardo Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I expect there'll be many little patches/fixes with it hitting the floor tomorrow. Oh boy I can't wait for the lag! Better nuke my graphics specs now.
    sarkasmo_by_spacepope13-d9rcbjs.jpg

"You seem to have gotten some of your blood in my raktajino. This is unfortunate."
  • Options
    cuatelacuatela Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rld2 wrote: »
    This whole release just seems too quick .. like they're rushing it. There is WAY too many mistakes and errors.

The quickdraw in Paradise city between Law and the Gorn .. the Gorn doesn't even have a gun on his hip! HOW do you design a quickdraw shootout scene and FORGET the gun? Seriously ... ?

If you think THIS is rushed, you should've been here two years ago. :rolleyes:

• Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    captain185 wrote: »

D'oh, I forgot that Americans don't celebrate Victoria Day. Never mind.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    jc89123jc89123 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited May 2013

It's not a holiday in America. Memorial Day is the next holiday and that is Monday May 27th.
  • Options
    maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, we'll see what tomorrow brings, I expect the debugging process will go on, live or not, not everything gets covered in a beta, testers being human will gravitate towards what interests them leaving a lot of things unchecked, the only way to really find things is go live. That and I don't doubt that they may have withheld a few things that they tested in house so that there are at least a few surprises for the community.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • Options
    bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Let's be honest: there's nothing absolutely gamebreaking in the expansion as it stands. It's stable. It has flaws, but it can launch like this. If they had the guarantee of a stable launch, I could very well see them focus on releasing easy fixes only for the launch date.

^^ this.

I'm a software developer myself. I know full well there comes a time where you have to stop fixing bugs, and ship the product. This is that time.

Stop whining that they didn't fix your pet issue. If they took the time to address every issue, we'd never get the expansion. Heck, I've got my own pet bug -- there are missing parts from the female custom aliens, which means I can't make any changes to one of my characters without her ears disappearing! When Season 8 goes live, I'm going to open a ticket on the issue, so it gets tracked. No whining, end of story.

Frankly, I'd be more worried if they were making major updates the day before the launch....
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bberge1701 wrote: »
    ^^ this.

I'm a software developer myself. I know full well there comes a time where you have to stop fixing bugs, and ship the product. This is that time.

Stop whining that they didn't fix your pet issue. If they took the time to address every issue, we'd never get the expansion. Heck, I've got my own pet bug -- there are missing parts from the female custom aliens, which means I can't make any changes to one of my characters without her ears disappearing! When Season 8 goes live, I'm going to open a ticket on the issue, so it gets tracked. No whining, end of story.

Why wait for Season 8 ? That is quite some time from now...... :P
  • Options
    daemonhelddaemonheld Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    TRIBBLE has been updated to a new build.
    ST.30.20130513a.11

General:
    • Cutting the Cord: Hakeev will now be gone when his death cutscene is over, regardless of player's faction.
    • Enemy Action: Updated the cutscene of the prisoner running so she is properly disintegrated.
    • Updated Duties of Command so that exiting the game during the mission will no longer prevent players from re-entering and completing it.
    • Updated Cold Comfort so that Romulan Aliens can Interrogate Tran.
    • Updated The House Always Wins so that leaving the mission during the Family Matters step no longer prevents mission completion.

Just curious here Zero.. are they going to push this to Live with the current costuming bug with inconsistent color palettes and random costume pieces color locking?

Jolan'tru
  • Options
    mightionnymightionny Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I myself would like to know, if the fact that an Aquarius is deployed from an Odyssey-class ship, it quadruples in size, is in fact a "bug" or another one of Cryptic's unannounced "features" that makes players scratch their heads and go "What....?"

Does the BOP from the Bortasqu' do the same thing?
  • Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mightionny wrote: »
    I myself would like to know, if the fact that an Aquarius is deployed from an Odyssey-class ship, it quadruples in size, is in fact a "bug" or another one of Cryptic's unannounced "features" that makes players scratch their heads and go "What....?"

"working as intended" :D
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    daemonheld wrote: »
    Just curious here Zero.. are they going to push this to Live with the current costuming bug with inconsistent color palettes and random costume pieces color locking?

Jolan'tru

Yeah it may not be game breaking but it still a glaring problem. I also hope we can choose whether or not we have the shoulder capes equipped, those things have minds of their own and are bloody annoying.
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bberge1701 wrote: »
    ^^ this.

Frankly, I'd be more worried if they were making major updates the day before the launch....
    If I recall correctly that's called "going gold". The truth is, that this is not a console game, the blessing and the curse of online games is that if you ship with bugs they can be fixed. By contrast a game that is shipped on a disc and will always be on a disc must be as close to perfect as possible. An online game doesn't can keep to its deadlines and ship with bugs as these are things that can be repaired as time goes on.

Furthermore it's impossible for us to know what bugs the developers are working at this moment. Nor do we know how time consuming the fixes are. I counsel patience my esteemed colleagues.

That said. My Bug is that my starship is still my first officers legs on tribble. I hope that when Holodeck upgrades my ship is on the Character select screen.

Perhaps Starfleet has mastered Subspace Compression phenomena to the point that they have created a device to duplicate it.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    abaddon653 wrote: »
    Here in Canada it's Victoria Day so yeah vacation for us, though that would not have any effect on the dev team.

Actually it's not just in Canada. Well Victoria Day is only in Canada but it was also Pentecost Monday and most of Europe was closed (in the UK it is called Whit Monday).:)
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rld2 wrote: »

guess cryptic doesnt watch other games sink without a trace because the publishers demand the game come out well before it is read and historically, games fail hard when they are released only half finished or littered with so many bugs.. storyline and the rest of it is fine, its just the sheer number of issues will immediately have a negative impact and cause a bigger impact then more then a positive impact.

cryptic really should of gotten this all fixed a while back, especially from the open beta feedback.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    astro2244astro2244 Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Lol Maybe they wanted the aquarius to have a super size megazord mode. :P
    [SIGPIC]583px-Romulan_Star_Empire_logo%2C_2379.svg.png
    [/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,524 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When the loot roll window pops up, the bar for how much time I have left to reply is black on the Voyager theme.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • Options
    ikuruyoikuruyo Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    BTW the Nukara Strikeforce Reputation project to turn in old versions of the set? Its NEVER shown up for me. Is that WAI?

The notes all say its available at tier 0 of the new rep but I've never seen it on the list. Am I missing something I need to do to unlock it?