test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Go to ESD on KDF

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Does anyone have an idea on how to get to Earth Spacedock on a KDF toon? (Character) I Would like to go there on KDF and I know im not alone, it will be fun killing the NPCs or meeting up with a friend on the Federation Side and already on ESD :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Only way is through a bug, and Cryptic pretty much fixed that after many visits from the occisional KDF warrior.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Damm :( would be cool, hopefully there should be another way
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    jdalton wrote:
    Damm :( would be cool, hopefully there should be another way

I think most of the sectors will be opened to both Feds and Klinks, so that's something to look forward to
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Sure drozana is a great spot for meeting but they are opening up DS9 for visited again...
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I'd only find that acceptible if feds were able to go lay waste to the KDF captial. Kinda reminds me of the achievements in WoW when a raid group kills the leaders of the races.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    jdalton wrote:
    it will be fun killing the NPCs
    *cough* And this is pretty much why we do not allow 'cross faction visits'. :(
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    WishStone wrote:

And why not? I think that it would be fun. And make an accolade out of it, like in WoW, where you get it if you manage to kill the factions leaders (Quinn and J'mpok). I had many a good time trying to kill off Thrall and his buddies just to get that nice black bear. I know many Care Bears would balk at this, but I personally think that it would bring some much needed PvP fun and let us experience an actual WAR for a change.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    And why not? I think that it would be fun. And make an accolade out of it, like in WoW, where you get it if you manage to kill the factions leaders (Quinn and J'mpok). I had many a good time trying to kill off Thrall and his buddies just to get that nice black bear. I know many Care Bears would balk at this, but I personally think that it would bring some much needed PvP fun and let us experience an actual WAR for a change.

Because STO is not WoW, and STO has already stated if you don't want to do PvP, you will never have to. Allowing factions to attack each others' bases would be forcing pvp.

That being said, I would love to have it myself, or at least an "instanced" version similar to current warzones. i.e. you and your buddies can stage an assault on your enemy's base, and they can defend.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Also something happened to a friend of mine, he was on KDF, he went to the Azlesa Expanse or Eridon Nebula and he went somewhere and he vanished into ESD :eek:
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Also I have never seen any Federation player go to Qo'noS and there must be a way to get to Qo'noS on the Federation side
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I asked a couple of times for a Qo'nos or ESD map that could be accessed through the PVP quest giver. That were a separate instances, so people could just PVP in it. They wouldn't have to do anything to it, accept make Quinn and the Chancellor a little stronger. They would make good PVP instances. You would just call them simulated raids on capitals.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    honestly if people could just at random walk into one of the factions home bases and and start slaughter that'd pretty much destroy the immersion factior.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    And why not? I think that it would be fun.

Fun? sure. But from the other side of the coin, can you imagine how frustrating it would be if you couldn't train your BOs because the trainer is dead? Or if you managed to get 5 people together, and find that the fleet ambassador is not there? Or if you couldn't visit the tailor, or buy hypos, or exchange emblems/badges?

Dstahl mentioned something about a practice/dummy range for weapon testing. You can have your fun there when it gets implemented. The dummies will probably look like Fed and KDF officers.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    WishStone wrote:

If you applied an area buff that made everyone friendly (an opposite of the Empok Nor volume effect that makes everyone hostile or, basically, whatever you did at the Captain's Table and Drosana) you could both avoid that problem and give diplomats something to do with their new Diplomatic Immunity buff that will allow cross faction visits to Sirius/Gamma Orionis. The big thing you'd want to do then is gate the ship requisition and crafting areas to actual faction.

If the concern is that it wouldn't work with Marauding or NPC dialogues, a fun thing might be to make it so visiting Fed Diplomats get a cautiously welcome greeting, mixed with insults, and a visiting Marauding Klingon gets treated like a notorious pirate who is only being tolerated because Quinn is allowing them to show up for a negotiation about ending the piracy and/or the release of prisoners/hostages.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    WishStone wrote:

+ 1

Yay for Cryptic keeping the griefers away from mission givers!
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Cuatela wrote:
    Because STO is not WoW, and STO has already stated if you don't want to do PvP, you will never have to. Allowing factions to attack each others' bases would be forcing pvp.

That being said, I would love to have it myself, or at least an "instanced" version similar to current warzones. i.e. you and your buddies can stage an assault on your enemy's base, and they can defend.

And even if they put in a way to keep the players from killing other players it would still cause a problem. Want to finish a mission with Adm Quinn? Have to wait until he respawns and hope you can finish it before the klingons kill him again. Was a pain in the butt in WoW and would be a pain in the butt here
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I wonder if you would be as hyped on this if the feds could do the same to the Klingons... ?

We do outnumber the KDF 10 to 1 or so... you would not be able to get a single thing done you know...
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    WoW style headhunting in STO would be a griefer abuse paradise. Whatever the intention of 'fun' it could all have, it would be ruined by the playerbase without fail. It'd be 'nice' if this wouldn't be the case, but given just how many morons there are that want nothing more to do, than ruin other 'paid' player's gametime, with their own 'paid' own. I'd probably ban ESD if this all ever became the case. It was one of the core reasons I deleted WoW from my computer, don't make the mistake of the same here in this game.

Given that ESD chat is essentially Barrens / Trade chat, can we expect anything less from pvp it it turned ESD into a virtual wasteland?

Now... if the devs somehow made a 'separate' pvp ESD zone for PvP FvK Fleet actions, for ESD-Starfleet Academy and First City alike, 'with' starship actions similar to Starbase 24, for large scale pvp actions for both space and ground actions, and all this was voluntary, not enforced WoW style, then 'that' might be where things can turn successful. It'd have to be A long action, to make either side 'earn' killing the opposing faction npc Admiral / General, rather satisfying. Oh, and by gosh, learn teamwork along side to accomplish this?

In other words, lets make this unique and special, not a cruddy waste of time that would lose subscriptions. ;)
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    anazonda wrote: »
    I wonder if you would be as hyped on this if the feds could do the same to the Klingons... ?

We do outnumber the KDF 10 to 1 or so... you would not be able to get a single thing done you know...

Hell, yeah. I'd be fine with it. I'd have no problem with Feds trying to off peeps (NPC or otherwise) on Qo'nos the same way that I'd be fine with letting Klingons kill off Quinn and his friends. And, for the record, I'm not much of a PvP fan, but I think that this would add an extra dimension to an already too much two-dimensional game.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    WoW style headhunting in STO would be a griefer abuse paradise. Whatever the intention of 'fun' it could all have, it would be ruined by the playerbase without fail. It'd be 'nice' if this wouldn't be the case, but given just how many morons there are that want nothing more to do, than ruin other 'paid' player's gametime, with their own 'paid' own. I'd probably ban ESD if this all ever became the case. It was one of the core reasons I deleted WoW from my computer, don't make the mistake of the same here in this game.

Given that ESD chat is essentially Barrens / Trade chat, can we expect anything less from pvp it it turned ESD into a virtual wasteland?

Now... if the devs somehow made a 'separate' pvp ESD zone for PvP FvK Fleet actions, for ESD-Starfleet Academy and First City alike, 'with' starship actions similar to Starbase 24, for large scale pvp actions for both space and ground actions, and all this was voluntary, not enforced WoW style, then 'that' might be where things can turn successful. It'd have to be A long action, to make either side 'earn' killing the opposing faction npc Admiral / General, rather satisfying. Oh, and by gosh, learn teamwork along side to accomplish this?

In other words, lets make this unique and special, not a cruddy waste of time that would lose subscriptions. ;)

We don't speak of "Barrens chat", last thing we need is people telling Chuck Norris jokes and clogging the chat logs..

As far as raiding ESD/Qo'nos, if there was a pvp map that'd appease both sides I think.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I've always wanted like 1 instance where an "Iconian Gate" is allowing travel between Q'Onos and ESD. It's be fun to have that mayhem...just in one instance, so people could change if they weren't down for it.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Yes, a PvP map is fine, but let's keep the slaughter out of the main areas. I also play Rifts, and while it's a fun game, it is rather annoying when you have a quest journal full of completed quests, you return to the quest hub, only to find it's been overrun by an invasion or a rift. The game attempts to respawn the NPCs, but they are simply re-killed immediately by the NPC baddies. This is especially annoying late at night on a US server when there aren't enough people running around to help you kill the baddies.

Only in STO's case, once players gain a foothold, they can spawn camp the NPCs.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Hell, yeah. I'd be fine with it. I'd have no problem with Feds trying to off peeps (NPC or otherwise) on Qo'nos the same way that I'd be fine with letting Klingons kill off Quinn and his friends. And, for the record, I'm not much of a PvP fan, but I think that this would add an extra dimension to an already too much two-dimensional game.
    Welcome to 1997, Ultima Online. UO and its imitators tried for five years to make this happen. All refused to budge and accommodate customers who did not want that product.

Then along came Cryptic and not too much later Blizzard's World of Warcraft, both which proved casual players and a fine bright line between player types was the most success business model. No one else has ever gained any where near the market share both games enjoy, at least in the Western world.

In short:
    1. you're too late, and
    2. playing the wrong game, so
    3. not going to get any real interest

Maybe you should check out some of the full PvP UO emulator shards. Except strangely they all died out because even griefers didn't like a game with no victims and only other griefers.

What does that leave?

MMO FPS. Have fun.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    jdalton wrote:
    Does anyone have an idea on how to get to Earth Spacedock on a KDF toon? (Character) I Would like to go there on KDF and I know im not alone, it will be fun killing the NPCs or meeting up with a friend on the Federation Side and already on ESD :)

I will tell you my theory on how this was done previously.

Wait until the devs release a new Klingon ship. When they make a new KDF ship they seem to have Fed abilities by default. A couple times before, they forgot to update the Transwarp ability properly and KDF ships would warp to ESD instead of going to Qo'noS.

And that's how KDF characters got on ESD and had loads of fun killing Admiral Quinn and moving around all the NPCs so people could not find them. (that was annoying as #$^@ on my Fed character but still funny).

Thus, I risk infraction from telling this. But it's worth the hilarity of seeing a Klingon Warrior running around ESD killing everything. Much lulz! :D
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Griefing PvE'ers and attempting to force them to PvP or suffer by PvP'er actions - quickest way to kill off STO, other than just shutting down the shard. :(
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Pyryck wrote:
    Griefing PvE'ers and attempting to force them to PvP or suffer by PvP'er actions - quickest way to kill off STO, other than just shutting down the shard. :(

agreed. PVPers seem to think the magical cureall to the problem of there not being eneugh PVPers is to FORCE everyone to.

yet they also seem to claim that there are zillions of PVPers out there whpo are a vast silent majority on the net
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I don't care if one slips through occasionally... I killed the last KDF'er that showed up on ESD in Tribble because he was one-shot-killing all of our security using a steath kit and sniper rifle, then he ragequit...

Expect that if you do get through. With the new targeting system you CAN target enemies, even in a non-combat zone such as ESD. Don't know if they'll fix that before release though. I imagine Drozana is a mess lol.

agreed. PVPers seem to think the magical cureall to the problem of there not being eneugh PVPers is to FORCE everyone to.

yet they also seem to claim that there are zillions of PVPers out there whpo are a vast silent majority on the net

I've noticed this too. Too bad they just don't get that most of us just don't want to cause PvP sucks lol... Why wait in a long queue just to kill Klings when I can do that plenty in a fleet mission that I can just readily go to? They could argue that they're more challenging than the NPC versions, but that's not always true either.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I will tell you the secrets on how to get to ESD....

1) Transwarp...

2) Tell a Gm you have fallen out of the map... and require to be moved.

3) ??????

Problems with above

1) Starfleet has informed the pakled dock operator that klingons can no longer enter the mushroom

2) Make sure the GM is not standing behind you.

3) ??????
  • Options
    edited July 2011

You want WoW, there's a game perfectly made for you. It's called WoW. They got a few subs to play with you too. Just a few.

Frankly I know another game that does allow this and low ranking people have a problem turning in quests because the quest giver is always dead because some level capped guy gets his jollies beating up on an NPC -20 levels to him. I guess the jocks picked on him hard at school that day so he has to over compensate.

I'm glad a dev chimed in saying that's why it's not allowed.