test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Constant "server not responding" and DC

I am, since yesterday, getting constant "server not responding" and then getting disconnected everytime i am moving from one map to another.
Makes tasks taking twice as long to do.....sigh

Anybody else?
Post edited by kokobello on

Comments

• colonelsinkcolonelsink Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    On Tribble yes, but not so much on holodeck.
  • treveli45treveli45 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Been on Tribble this last week, so don't know how often it's happening, but this morning I logged in with a char on Memory Alpha, beamed to ship, then went to my bridge, and got server DC during the load screen. Alt-tabbed and closed STO, restarted, logged in, went to the load screen and got the same thing. After five or ten minutes I logged in and the char was put in Memory Alpha orbit, went to bridge again, same DC.

Additional oddity is the launcher popped up each time I closed the game, acted like it was patching for a few seconds, then vanished.
  • rikevrikev Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm getting this on Live servers rendering the game unplayable. :|
    Hi, my name is Nigel. I'm your group's healer.
  • tethran1tethran1 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Getting this on live servers as well.
    Loading reaches "40.72" then "SERVER NOT RESPONDING ( s)" is displayed.
    Occurs changing maps or attempting to enter the bridge of the ship.
    Can take up to 10 minutes to change map. :mad:

Note. This only affects STO. Other MMO games played are unaffected suggesting it's an issue on the STO end rather than my connection.
  • logswordlogsword Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have been experiencing the same thing, no matter where I go it will give me the message, and if I wait long enough I'll be able to enter the map, but it takes close to 2 or 3 minutes, and if I'm switching a lot or trying to do a mission it's really annoying :mad:
  • ivannanukeivannanuke Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    99 STO bugs on the list 99 bugs in all, if a STO tester was given a semester their would still be 99 STO bugs on the list.
    PROUD TO PLAY THIS GAME MINUS TO GIVING ANY INCOME TO CRYPTIC
  • shadowaudsleyshadowaudsley Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same I'm on 660 server not responding was goin to 40 but now 600, 700 I can't play like this put up with it all day now it's a joke :(
  • epichromeepichrome Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same issue. "Server Not Responding" whenever changing zones, landing on a planet, etc. Coming back to the game after a long time away to check it out... this does not make me want to re-up my subscription....
  • calistobradycalistobrady Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yep. Add this to the list of issues plaguing this game.

So for the last month the reliability just gets worse and worse.

They bandaid patch it up via various "Emergency Maintenance" responses after outages but to no avail.

Look at the threads on here Cryptic. Read what people are saying. Don't just look here. Look on Facebook as well. See a trend? People are pissed off, annoyed and unhappy with this level of service. Yes for many it's just a "free" game, but for many others they have paid through your C-Store, subscriptions and then there's lifers like me. I invested in this game as a Trekkie but I now feel ripped off and disappointed.
  • firebird1firebird1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm getting this as well then it tries to patch files, when switching areas and maps. Your patch server is going down.
  • varrvarrvarrvarr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    firebird1 wrote: »
    I'm getting this as well then it tries to patch files, when switching areas and maps. Your patch server is going down.

I am getting the same problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • richarddoverricharddover Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As of today I'm having insanely long periods of 'Server not responding' during map transitions. The longest I have clocked so far is about 270 seconds (4.5 minutes).
    I do need to state here, that all these transitions have been during the mission 'Coliseum', as that was what I started with after logging in.

Anyone else having issues?
  • varrvarrvarrvarr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At this point I can't even play one of my characters... :mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mcklownmcklown Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been getting this for weeks on all missions. It's always when I hit 40% loading, too. Heck if I know why.
  • carardrhas25carardrhas25 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The problem can be named.

Because these days patch server has to manage allm the prepatches , theres no more load for fast in game patching.

I tried to play through the episodes before LoR since i stopped playing them after the first two chapters and did some Fleet management and char optimization first. But in nearly every mission i get loading screens which last from 2 Minutes up to 10 Minutes because it?s patching with a max of 10-15 KB/s.

No fun playing this game atm
  • xraytecxraytec Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same here I spend at least a fourth of my game time getting "server timed out" and "Servert not responding". They seriously need to do something about their servers. And tech support has not helped at all. I was offered a few things to try, which failed. And then no further response after I told them their advice FAILED????
  • najibarnajibar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    >_> PW should just keep account/char database and trash the server and make if from scratch around the database usage work around.

Then furnish up a good client and a hellatova good client launcher that don't kick your TRIBBLE after downloading...
  • eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2013
    So many players have the same issues. Launcher malfunctions, server outages or too long loading screens ... do you maybe start to realise this is not a player-side issue? It might be a Cryptic-side issue this time. So this time we should tell you, and not you tell us: "Check your connections."
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010