test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stand Down from Red Alert

hcd01hcd01 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
Just a small gripe from me, does anyone else find that Red Alerts take ages to end, you can be waiting a good 20-30 seconds after the action has stopped before you can carry one with the mission or ending the current map you're on.

Just wondered if anyone else thought this?
Post edited by hcd01 on

Comments

• Options
    diotwdiotw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It always annoyed me as well, but I can tell you from playing the Legacy of Romulus beta, Red alert ends a lot faster than it currently does on Holodeck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
  • Options
    travelingmastertravelingmaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That might be the adrenaline making time seem to pass slower, because the Red Alert status is supposed to go away after 10 seconds. However, if you get shot at in any way or are too close to an explosion, or use an ability. . .that will reset the timer and add another 10 seconds of waiting.
    My PvP toon is Krov, of The House of Snoo. Beware of my Hegh'ta of doom.
  • Options
    nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I fully agree. It takes way too long. I recall when the Vault Shuttle Event first came out. Sometimes after killing all the hostile ships in a room one would still fail the timer because you were waiting more than ten seconds for red alert to fall off. Thats just bad design imo.

It effects ground combat even more, as I feel I should be able to change equipment as soon as I am not in combat (as soon as I kill any aggressed hostiles).

The red alert time, and the janky half-run/lean character movement animation are near the top of my all time STO woes list.
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've always referred to it as, "Dead Alert."

A totally lame game mechanic that should at least be shortened if not removed entirely and placed at the player's discretion.
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Would be interesting if they added a "stand down" power that removes you from combat but which also disables shields so you COULD move again sooner but doing so would be at your own risk.
  • Options
    aexraelaexrael Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Would be interesting if they added a "stand down" power that removes you from combat but which also disables shields so you COULD move again sooner but doing so would be at your own risk.

Was going to post something similar, you could increase the incoming damage or as you proposed drop shields as an offset to going to Yellow Alert, with a 10s duration timer for the new state.
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    remove the timer and add green alert yellow alert and red alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and for any ship that can separate add a blue alert for them
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    darkelfofficerdarkelfofficer Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This bugged me until recently, when I realized that Full Impulse basically is condition green.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yep totally agree I have been griping about this since beta but the devs flat out ignore every request to make it like it was in SFC, but what's worse they refuse to give us any reasoning behind it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    hasukurobihasukurobi Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hcd01 wrote: »
    Just a small gripe from me, does anyone else find that Red Alerts take ages to end, you can be waiting a good 20-30 seconds after the action has stopped before you can carry one with the mission or ending the current map you're on.

Just wondered if anyone else thought this?

Oh GODs yes... 'I' and ONLY 'I' should choose when MY ship is in Red Alert. Why in the world does my computer get to make this decision for me? I am the Captain and I will be at Red when I think it is appropriate. This would also really help when you are doing something non-combat but it STILL suddenly decides to put your into Red... You know what I mean.
  • Options
    trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If it helps, I've been playing on Tribble, and Red Alert now takes only 5 seconds to end with LoR, not 10+

:)
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • Options
    marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes its annoying, but its there for a reason. If you could drop out of red alert as soon as you are not in combat with anything people could fly just outside of 10k range and they would start regening shields, hull and crew fast, eliminating the need for boff powers to heal. Players would also be able to instantly go to full impulse or warp out as soon as they got out of 10k range of another player.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    marc8219 wrote: »
    Yes its annoying, but its there for a reason. If you could drop out of red alert as soon as you are not in combat with anything people could fly just outside of 10k range and they would start regening shields, hull and crew fast, eliminating the need for boff powers to heal. Players would also be able to instantly go to full impulse or warp out as soon as they got out of 10k range of another player.

Just like a Battle Cloak! :P
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just like a Battle Cloak! :P

I don't think you know how battle cloak works.:P
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »

a battle cloak works by being able to cloak in battle by which making your opponent rage

its has to be the trollest thing EVER!!!!

Fed captain : I got that romulan a-hole now prepare to fire all weap....WTH!!! where did he go
    Ensign : He cloaked sir ...getting a hail...it says.....frakken-a
    Fed captain : well ensign what he say put it on screen
    Romulan Commander: You mad bro?

Fed Captain: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU :mad:

I love the battle cloak :)
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    trek21 wrote: »
    If it helps, I've been playing on Tribble, and Red Alert now takes only 5 seconds to end with LoR, not 10+

:)

that will do nicely and a quicker end to the red alert would be nice.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, give it a toggle but deactivate shields while not on red alert.

I would like a yellow alert to, but can't think of a reason to have that from a game mechanic stand pont.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Battle Cloak works like this:

A badly damaged BoP with a canon acurate delicate cloaking device can suddenly at will disengage from battle and run away like a cowardly little girl/ great Klingon warrior.

After healing they can come back and do the same. They also usually do this in packs like most cowardly creatures do.

The only way to defend against this is a well placed tricobalt torpedo or some Plasma Proc.
    The seeking Torpedo is fun as well, they need to make that console have no CD.

I OWN a Battle Cloak on my Heg'Ta so I know how it works, I just feel unclean using it.

I see many people suggesting game balancing, nerfing the BC or making all cloaks BC would go a long way towards it.

Of course the Klingons currently griefing everyone with them will object that doing so will dilute the Klingons "uniqueness."
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Battle Cloak works like this:

A badly damaged BoP with a canon acurate delicate cloaking device can suddenly at will disengage from battle and run away like a cowardly little girl/ great Klingon warrior.

After healing they can come back and do the same. They also usually do this in packs like most cowardly creatures do.

The only way to defend against this cheating is a well placed tricobalt torpedo or some Plasma Proc.

I OWN a Battle Cloak on my Heg'Ta so I know how it works, I just feel unclean using it.

Point on the doll where the Klingon touched you.

but yeah you don't know how it works.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Point on the doll where the Klingon touched you.

I thought I just did.

I know how it would work if my Defiant had one.

I would get together with four other Defiants and Spawn Camp like the BoPs currently do.
  • Options
    ussdelphin2ussdelphin2 Member Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    daan2006 wrote: »
    remove the timer and add green alert yellow alert and red alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and for any ship that can separate add a blue alert for them

This^^ simples
    How I picture a lot of the forumites :P
  • Options
    fudgeoflifefudgeoflife Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Red Alert should end a very short time after you stop taking damage. Otherwise your just sitting there at a snails pace waiting to be Alpha Striked.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    'A few deaths are a tragedy. A few million is a statistic.'
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The Blue Alert would be cool for the Prometheus!