test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Machinma.com insults to STO

chorkswaldchorkswald Member Posts: 43 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Ten Forward
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kB3F5q0uLJw&list=PLZLTS4u9M_2rPFsdbdY7xL8oAApgU0Zar&index=2

Time to let them know (Please be polite) how we feel about STO getting 10th place in the TOP TEN FTW STAR TREK GAMES..........
"But it ain't all buttons and charts, little albatross. You know what the first rule of flyin' is? Love. You can know all the math in the 'Verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells ya she's hurtin' 'fore she keens. Makes her home."
Post edited by chorkswald on

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2013
    If you give them enough feedback they might keep an eye on STO for the LOR expansion thus introduceing more new people to play with let see if we can get the comments to that video up to 1000 to start with......
    "But it ain't all buttons and charts, little albatross. You know what the first rule of flyin' is? Love. You can know all the math in the 'Verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells ya she's hurtin' 'fore she keens. Makes her home."
  • Options
    sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Who or what is machinma.com?

And why should I care about the opinion of the (I'm guessing) fat nerds without real jobs who run it?
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    sander233 wrote: »
    Who or what is machinma.com?

And why should I care about the opinion of the (I'm guessing) fat nerds without real jobs who run it?

Machinma.com is the number one gameing news show. There channel Machinma prime had exclusive Promo showing of the first few episode of Battle Star Glactica Blood An Chrome/ Mortal Combat/ an a lot of none big name web series...
  • Options
    sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chorkswald wrote: »
    Machinma.com is the number one gameing news show. There channel Machinma prime had exclusive Promo showing of the first few episode of Battle Star Glactica Blood An Chrome/ Mortal Combat/ an a lot of none big name web series...

Well that's one question answered, thanks. Now I can go back to ignoring them.
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • Options
    gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Never heard of them either.
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • Options
    hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I feel just fine with the assessment to be honest.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Have you guys lost your minds......a serious entity in the gameing news worlds has said STO is the worst game in the franchise an your ok with that ??? Machinma.com has a history of cowering to the massive tide of hate they get (or thumbing there nose's) ether way more publicity is better
  • Options
    idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't think they even played the games that much tbh..
    signwidrona.png
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,426 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Personally i would have rated STO higher, but Star Trek Armada and STV-EF are really good games.

Some of the titles like ST invasion and DS9 the fallen don't deserve to be on the list IMO.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    tebsutebsu Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i didnt play all of those games but i can mostly agree. what i am missing here is Star Trek: Dominion Wars. It had a nice space feeling and looked very good. ST:Armada was just great, as well as ST:Elite Force.

to the comment about Voyager being the worst show: maybe until Kes finally died and 7of9 came alone.. really love the Borg.

/edit: oohh. that comment was actually from youtube so just ignore the last part of my post.
    What ? Calaway.
  • Options
    vitzhvitzh Member Posts: 519
    edited May 2013
    Strange that Klingon Academy wasn't number 1 followed by Birth of the Federation. Klingon Academy is really just a great game in general, not just for a trek game.
  • Options
    maxdredmaxdred Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't see how it insults STO. At least it's on the list and all they said is how they would give stupid names to their ships. The rest of the video is filled with childish toilet humour. The real insult is that they didn't put A Final Unity on the list.
  • Options
    hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Have you guys lost your minds......a serious entity in the gameing news worlds has said STO is the worst game in the franchise an your ok with that ??? Machinma.com has a history of cowering to the massive tide of hate they get (or thumbing there nose's) ether way more publicity is better

I'm guessing you don't know much about Trek in gaming. There are LOTS of Trek games, few dozen I can think of any way. I'm not sure how making a top ten list at ALL is somehow insulting.
  • Options
    h3llr4is3rh3llr4is3r Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In all fairness the clip is stupid, childish and superficial. Do my ears play tricks on me or did they end up talking about "sticking it in" and camel toes? That alone tells you a lot about how worth the whole "Top 10" is.

It also just occurred to me I never played Klingon Academy...I see a lot of praise about it, gotta get it somehow.

I'm not sure STO can be clearly named as "Best Trek Game" so far, there are a lot of pros like the sheer size of the game, the fact it encompasses both ground and space action, the number of ships (both original and established designs) and now we finally get to play Romulans (which should have been possible from the get go, but anyway).

A few cons however kind of ruin it, especially the "rock paper scissor" approach to space combat; In these regards, the Starfleet Command series perhaps still trumps it, as it was possible to make very different ships and loadout combinations to work effectively, and piloting/tactical skills determined the outcome of the battle (which was also much slower paced with no healing whatsoever).
  • Options
    howiedizzlehowiedizzle Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I didn't watch, but did Machinima's opinion on anything become relevant at any point in time recently???
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Machinma.com is the number one gameing news show.

Ignoring for a fact it is all just personal opinion on what people like. Is that statement an opinion or actually backed up with some viewing figures, because I also have to say 'who are they?'

i listened to about 30 seconds by flicking through and they sounded like a bunch of childish idiots, so they are not exactly filling me with confidence about them.

if that is what it takes to be number one then i have lost all hope for humanity.
  • Options
    fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They do have some rather crappy games in that list. :)

Out of the ~50 Star Trek games out there, there were very few that I really enjoyed. STO and the SFC, Armada and Elite Force series are the only ones that come to mind. Other ones that seemed nice at the time (e.g. Dominion Wars or Birth of the Federation) were simply too bug-ridden and unfinished to enjoy.
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've heard of Machinma, never herd of those guys but that's becasue Machinma does a lot of stuff on You tube besides video games. They are a channel on You tube like how there are Networks on TV they are kinda the same just on Youtube..... Machinma and other channels like it will end the rein of Television stations the likes of NBC, CBS, and the rest in the future.

A lot of you probably seen a lot of Machinma videos and never noticed, the logo usually pops up at the end of most videos.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    thomas12255thomas12255 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tebsu wrote: »
    i didnt play all of those games but i can mostly agree. what i am missing here is Star Trek: Dominion Wars. It had a nice space feeling and looked very good. ST:Armada was just great, as well as ST:Elite Force.

to the comment about Voyager being the worst show: maybe until Kes finally died and 7of9 came alone.. really love the Borg.

/edit: oohh. that comment was actually from youtube so just ignore the last part of my post.

It's probably not there because Dominion Wars was the most buggy, crashy, Trek game ever released.

Anyway, Klingon Academy should have been #1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPnDrKn0Z0Y

If only the STO KDF was like that.
    [SIGPIC]http://stosignatures.ufplanets.com/Thomas45-STO.png[/SIGPIC]

{UFP}Thomas45 - Thomas Nixon U.S.S. Majesty Unbound
  • Options
    vitzhvitzh Member Posts: 519
    edited May 2013
    Anyway, Klingon Academy should have been #1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPnDrKn0Z0Y

If only the STO was like that.

*fixed*

Think they should rename this thread more to Machinma.com insults Klingon Academy XD

Mean here are some mods for it.
  • Options
    trixiefantrixiefan Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Eh seems reasonable enough to me except for the lack of the first two starfleet command games but w/e. STO wasn't all that warmly received critically when it released after all but then Star Trek games are kinda naff without the Trek.
  • Options
    squatsaucesquatsauce Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    While I don't agree with much of what these two guys said, I find the statement "Deep Space 9 is like the Detroit of the Federation" to be fundamentally true.
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's probably not there because Dominion Wars was the most buggy, crashy, Trek game ever released.

If only the STO KDF was like that.

word.
    Look on the bright side KA is better than STO. All the raging about STO being #10 don't mean jack because KA is better.
    :P
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    A lot of you probably seen a lot of Machinma videos and never noticed, the logo usually pops up at the end of most videos.
    A lot of us don't spend our time watching the endless stream of TRIBBLE that is YouTube videos. And even if we do, we don't seek out random reviews from random, unqualified reviewers.
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    honestly i doubt their opinion on the subject, they didnt state any reasons why which game was on the list and they swore a lot as well so i cant take them seriously as a result. this maybe their best list but i do not share it.

from a fun point of view ST:EF's multiplayer was very good like star trek armada, interestingly enough the first online game i played was STA from a 56k modem sometime around 2000. the most fun i have had vs AI opponents that really kept me busy was ST:EF no doubt about it.

Bridge commander was alright and that was about it.

the fallen was very poor, it was as bad as its graphics

while STO may not rate too highly in my books, it definitely isnt the worst by any means.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Machinma.com is the number one gameing news show.

That's like being the most loved comic shop owner in Laramie County.
    <3
  • Options
    phyrexianherophyrexianhero Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    While I'd argue that STO deserves to be much closer to #1 Star Trek game, I don't consider it an insult for it to be featured as one of the top games. What's the lowest rank that you would you not consider insulting?

If I asked people for their top ten Star Trek characters from the various series, would you be offended if several of your picks weren't listed on other people? Hopefully not as there's a lot out there and it's definitely a subjective matter.

And there's a LOT of Star Trek computer games that have come out, with 29 on Windows alone.
    Playing since January 2010. STOwiki administrator. Accolade hunter.
    My STOwiki page | Reachable in-game @PhyrexianHero
    Fed Armada: Section 31 (level 730, 2700+ members)
    KDF Armada: Klingon Intelligence (level 699, 2100+ members)
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gfreeman98 wrote: »
    A lot of us don't spend our time watching the endless stream of TRIBBLE that is YouTube videos. And even if we do, we don't seek out random reviews from random, unqualified reviewers.

I'm not talking about the revers I'm talking about the station, as i said you might have take a chill pill
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    in a top ten of gaming websites they don't place
    Live long and Prosper