test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Machinma.com insults to STO

2»

Comments

• azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd ignore them, their list was just horrible.
  • gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I started to watch that video and 30 seconds was all it took to conclude it was immature TRIBBLE.
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sander233 wrote: »
    Well that's one question answered, thanks. Now I can go back to ignoring them.

Agreed, I think the immature prattle of those basement dwellers laughable at best. Now they can supersize my order at their Mc jobs tonight.:
  • cptwilliam2cptwilliam2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    While i agree, that was a pretty dumb video, I would probably also put STO down near the bottom of my top 10.

For the same reason the JJVerse disappoints me, style over substance.
    Join Legends Memorial, a chat channel to share stories about the legends of Trek who are no longer with us.
  • djxprimedjxprime Member Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had to watch the video when I saw this posted. As soon as they started their list, I said to myself, "Oh, it's these guys."

I've watched a few of their Top 10 lists before. To me it's like CollegeHumor.com, except not funny.
    Kkerp5u.jpg?1

"No matter where you go...there you are."
  • rickeyredshirtrickeyredshirt Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hard to take them seriously at all when they sound drunk and resort to toilet humor.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh, so the *******s that ruined Freeman's Mind, Civil Protection, and half a dozen other Let's Players made derogatory comments about a great game?

oooooooh noooooooo whateeeeever shaaaalll i doooooo.........
  • talzerotwotalzerotwo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OP
    chorkswald wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kB3F5q0uLJw&list=PLZLTS4u9M_2rPFsdbdY7xL8oAApgU0Zar&index=2

Time to let them know (Please be polite) how we feel about STO getting 10th place in the TOP TEN FTW STAR TREK GAMES..........

Lol wtf? How did sto even get into the Top 10? I tend to agree with machina :)

STO is too much style over substance.
    [SIGPIC]http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5[/SIGPIC]
    Chillax. No Ego. No Drama.

Like my alien? Watch THE VIDEO
    Need custom graphics for you or your fleet? Click HERE
  • sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Okay, so I watched the video just to see what was what.

It seems like their biggest gripe with STO is that they can't name a ship the USS Butt F**k.

And this is the most respected name in videogame journalism?
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sander233 wrote: »
    Okay, so I watched the video just to see what was what.

It seems like their biggest gripe with STO is that they can't name a ship the USS Butt F**k.

And this is the most respected name in videogame journalism?

Machinima? Machinima who?
  • cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,536 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hravik wrote: »
    I feel just fine with the assessment to be honest.

I agree! There are a log of ways STO could be improved to increase it's position but the mass quantity of bugs in this game will always drag it down. Bugs aside, there is still so much that could be better, like PvP, having a fully independent third faction inside of being tied to one of the current two, and the crafting system in STO is a neglected joke. That's just for starters also.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • ixalmarisixalmaris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chorkswald wrote: »
    Machinma.com is the number one gameing news show.

You mean there are people who take the guys from this video seriously?
    Am I the only one who expects some professionalism any more, even on the internet?
  • scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't honestly think I can take their list seriously. The sounded as though they hated Star Trek altogether. How much thought did they really put into that list.

Also, I have never heard of them either.
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ixalmaris wrote: »
    You mean there are people who take the guys from this video seriously?
    Am I the only one who expects some professionalism any more, even on the internet?

You know how you sometimes come across someone who has the IQ of a shoelace and yet doesn't know they have the IQ of a shoelace so they just keep on doing what they like and you adore them for it?

That's gamer culture.
    <3