What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - May 14, 2013

13»

Comments

• otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xenosisuk wrote: »
    Aren't they the Consoles from the legacy pack, I have bought the legacy pack but not been able to access any of its stuff, I assumed it was disabled for tribble.

I think they are from the Legacy pack. And you are right, the pack is not currently on Tribble, wich makes me wonder why we have seen some fixes that's specifically done to the Legacy pack, and also the Romulan liberated Borg.

Seems odd that they would put out fixes in the patch notes for something we can't even test.

Or maybe Cryptic is just evil, and wants to tease us.

Or maybe there are a few selected testers who test the Legacy pack, but I have not seen any one flying the Legacy pack ships, so I seriously doubt that's the reson for the postings about fixes for the Legacy pack items...

Care to explain that one Cryptic?? We are just wondering why we keep seeing fixes for something we can not test...
  • arcademasterarcademaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    otowi wrote: »
    Seems odd that they would put out fixes in the patch notes for something we can't even test.

It's in the code base already, the devs need to test the stuff internally too (and they can access it just fine with their dev super powers, regardless of access for regular players).
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You shouldn't add french text. Because your translation is an insult to every french speaker in the whole world. I don't know if you're using human as translator or google translator. But it's really TRIBBLE french text. I think your the first company who is insulting french language for more than 3 years. In my case I prefer to play STO with english text because I cannot stand crappy french text ingame.

That is kind of ungrateful.

Never the less, I believe all MMO games should be in English only so I'm not here to argue.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • silverfaustxsilverfaustx Member Posts: 262
    edited May 2013
    KDF players will not get pulled out of cloak during interacts and talking
  • otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's in the code base already, the devs need to test the stuff internally too (and they can access it just fine with their dev super powers, regardless of access for regular players).

But the question still remains. Why post it, if it's for internal testing?? Would Cryptic not know what they have fixed? I would assume that they have internal notes on what has been fixed...

Just seems odd if they post fixes for something they are testing inernally on the Tribble release notes section when the general tester base have no access to it at all...
  • chushachusha Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    TRIBBLE has been updated to a new build.
    ST.30.20130513a.1
    • Resolved an issue that caused players to lose control of steering their ships after respawning.

Excellent, for a while I thought my helmsman was passed out at their station after consuming too much Romulan ale.
    Vice Admiral Triela - Proud member of Valhalla's Rising
    ██ ██ U.S.S. Protos Heis ██ ██
    Lieutenant General - Scheherazade - Honorable warrior of Sto'Vo'kor's Rising
    ██ ██ I.K.S. Protos Heis ██ ██
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    General:
    • Resolved an issue that caused players to lose control of steering their ships after respawning.
    • Updated the mission Rapier so the hostages are now unable to be killed.

About time that loosing control of ship steering was corrected, it been the death on my toon a number of times when hitting full impulse and loose immediate control of the craft until target lock is lost or until engaged in combat.

good to see one of the issues on my list of bugs has been processed and fixed. gives me hope to think that numerous others can also be fixed or adjusted.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • lincolninspacelincolninspace Member Posts: 1,843 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thehavraha wrote: »
    /Approved

Hope the costume load/save functionality will return to the Foundry before all of this gets pushed to Holodeck or I will be an unhappy camper.

Good stuff so far though.

I'm with the big cheese 100% on this one. I also wish the text in dialog windows could be resized independently. The text was clipped off on the left side and I would like to be able to make it font size 13 pt without making the whole ui huge along with it! Besides that, the new ui is very nice!
    A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM
    Parallels: my second mission for Fed aligned Romulans.
  • celticursecelticurse Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Have you resolved the issue where NO romulan bartender sells romulan ale? I mean you would think since those of us that play romulans can get it other then drops xP
  • daemonhelddaemonheld Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tpalelena wrote: »
    That is kind of ungrateful.

Never the less, I believe all MMO games should be in English only so I'm not here to argue.

As an American, that comment just rubs me the wrong way.. You know there are countries out there... that make games, that are not English speaking, right?

Do you really think Korean video games should be "English Only"?

That's a very narrow view of things, if that's what you meant.

To the OP, if you are a native French speaker, maybe you could transcribe in "accurate French" and provide it to the Devs? Rather than bash their attempts, maybe help them make the game better?
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    daemonheld wrote: »
    As an American, that comment just rubs me the wrong way.. You know there are countries out there... that make games, that are not English speaking, right?

Do you really think Korean video games should be "English Only"?

That's a very narrow view of things, if that's what you meant.

To the OP, if you are a native French speaker, maybe you could transcribe in "accurate French" and provide it to the Devs? Rather than bash their attempts, maybe help them make the game better?

I am from one of the countries that do not have English as their native language.
    Still I learned it because it is the universally used one.
    Everybody talking a dozen different languages in the same game just causes a communication problem. It is just logical to use the most widespread one.

Mind, if lets say Russian would be used by everybody to communicate internationally, then games meant for international market should use Russian.

And I am very proud of having a narrow view of all things, and I would not have it any other way.

Anyway, I should be complaining about the Romulan captains not being able to train officers. Complaints everywhere!
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • svwilsonsvwilson Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    celticurse wrote: »
    Have you resolved the issue where NO romulan bartender sells romulan ale? I mean you would think since those of us that play romulans can get it other then drops xP

That makes a lot of sense. Cuban cigars aren't contraband in Cuba. They're probably not even expensive!
  • jake477jake477 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow, the way STO is going i can see other MMOs getting jealous espically our mortal enemy Star Wars lol.

Romulans rock and so does Cryptic, keep at it i can't wait to try all the improvements in Holodeck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"
  • abyssinainabyssinain Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't understand why people had so many problems with the turn glitch after respawning, do you people play without mice or something?

I mean im grateful for the fix but all you had to do to fix it was click somewhere in empty space, clear your target, and boom control restored.

It 'affected' me for like a grand total of 1 second before I realized it was glitched and simply dropped my target and continued on my merry way.
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    About time that loosing control of ship steering was corrected, it been the death on my toon a number of times when hitting full impulse and loose immediate control of the craft until target lock is lost or until engaged in combat.

good to see one of the issues on my list of bugs has been processed and fixed. gives me hope to think that numerous others can also be fixed or adjusted.
    I one time flew into a plasma bolt. I was pretty ticked. It's like suicidal target obsession, hence why clearing your target restores helm control.

Yeah I mean Klingons can buy bloodwine. Too bad there's no system for rare vintages.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • ikuruyoikuruyo Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Did you consider the possibility that the fruit or whatever that was used to make romulan ale grew on Romulus and is not nothing more then atoms?

Although it is odd that you can get it so easily when in orbit of New Romulus.