test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The 10th Fleet Is Now Recruiting! Join Today!

jhawkonespnjhawkonespn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in Earth Spacedock
Thread Deleted
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by jhawkonespn on

Comments

• jackokasonjackokason Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Greetings from ao legion. Do you have a website I can look at?
    Michel "Mic" Nardy
    Fleet Admiral
    Task Force Omega
    United Federation of Planets
  • jhawkonespnjhawkonespn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thread Deleted
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    Thread Deleted
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rfzanderrfzander Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey hey didnt know this was here. lol
  • miripiramiripira Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The 10th Fleet is awesome! Join today!
    :rolleyes:
  • anhero666anhero666 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Join 10th!
  • ferthannaferthanna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi:

I read your posts and Checked out your web site. All looks very good to me.

I am a many-year veteran of MMORPGs and watched TOS in it's first re-runs in the early 70s. (Yes, I'm definitely over 21.)

I have a family and a job that take the largest chunk of my time. Because of that I am a casual player and solo a lot. I hate to be called away in the middle of a team activity and let the team down.

STO is new to me. I am a huge Star Trek fan so it's a blast playing this game and it all feeling so familiar.

The mechanics and intricacies of this game are taking me a while to learn and I am really really new.

I am looking for a casual fleet where I can ask newbie questions and folks won't be offended or put off. I am not looking for handouts, but don't mind the occasional assistance. I am happy to assist where I can when I can. My greatest interest is to ask questions and learn the game. Right now I am FTP but if I make some friends and continue to like the game I will invest some cash at some point.

As I said I am very casual because of other commitments. Sometimes I will be on 7 days in a row and then I might disappear for 5 days because of work or family. I tend to be very active on forums, usually asking questions. My usually play time is evenings US New York time zone and sometimes on the weekends.

I don't like drama. When people start fighting over who the guild leader is going to be I quickly drop guild - I am sure all veterans have been there. Other than that I have thick skin. I've been around for a while so telling me I did something stupid or poorly won't hurt my feelings, mistakes are how we learn. (Why do we fall? So we can learn how to get back up again.)

If you are looking for a nice guy, casual player, I would be interested in joining.

If that sounds like a good fit for your fleet, please let me know. I am interested in making some friends who don't mind a newbie learning from them. But like I said I am new new, so only if you don't mind that. Thanks and all the best to you.
    What goes around comes around.

Satcher@ferthanna
    R'awlins@ferthanna
    T'flup@ferthanna
    edited May 2013
    ferthanna wrote: »
    Hi:

I read your posts and Checked out your web site. All looks very good to me.

I am a many-year veteran of MMORPGs and watched TOS in it's first re-runs in the early 70s. (Yes, I'm definitely over 21.)

I have a family and a job that take the largest chunk of my time. Because of that I am a casual player and solo a lot. I hate to be called away in the middle of a team activity and let the team down.

STO is new to me. I am a huge Star Trek fan so it's a blast playing this game and it all feeling so familiar.

The mechanics and intricacies of this game are taking me a while to learn and I am really really new.

I am looking for a casual fleet where I can ask newbie questions and folks won't be offended or put off. I am not looking for handouts, but don't mind the occasional assistance. I am happy to assist where I can when I can. My greatest interest is to ask questions and learn the game. Right now I am FTP but if I make some friends and continue to like the game I will invest some cash at some point.

As I said I am very casual because of other commitments. Sometimes I will be on 7 days in a row and then I might disappear for 5 days because of work or family. I tend to be very active on forums, usually asking questions. My usually play time is evenings US New York time zone and sometimes on the weekends.

I don't like drama. When people start fighting over who the guild leader is going to be I quickly drop guild - I am sure all veterans have been there. Other than that I have thick skin. I've been around for a while so telling me I did something stupid or poorly won't hurt my feelings, mistakes are how we learn. (Why do we fall? So we can learn how to get back up again.)

If you are looking for a nice guy, casual player, I would be interested in joining.

If that sounds like a good fit for your fleet, please let me know. I am interested in making some friends who don't mind a newbie learning from them. But like I said I am new new, so only if you don't mind that. Thanks and all the best to you.

Sounds like you ould fit in perfectly in our fleet. Just look for me in game at Alamax Zander@fltadmiralzander
  • ferthannaferthanna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks. I should be on tonight, I will look for you. Satcher is the name of my captain.
    What goes around comes around.

Satcher@ferthanna
    R'awlins@ferthanna
    T'flup@ferthanna
  • g7pkj001g7pkj001 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks to the 10th i have learnt more in 2 weeks than the whole time i spent lvling up to 50
    the guys and ladies in there are friendly and helpful and my game has gone up 400% thanks only to them. I recommend this fleet to anyone and can't thank them high enough
    edited May 2013
    Thread Deleted
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    Join 10th Fleet today.
  • origcaptainquackorigcaptainquack Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    quack quack, I am not a stranger to the forums. I have been in a few fleets, I must say the 10th fleet is not only active, but friendly and well oraganised with structure, website, voice (optional). the fleet helps each other, plays with each other not just clicks as you find in other fleets. this is a strong, active, informative, fun, mature fleet and I am happy to be a part of.

I am glad to see that we have finally made a post on the forums to recruit. kudos to the recruiting staff.

quack quack
  • lorandaxlorandax Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    g7pkj001 wrote: »
    Thanks to the 10th i have learnt more in 2 weeks than the whole time i spent lvling up to 50
    the guys and ladies in there are friendly and helpful and my game has gone up 400% thanks only to them. I recommend this fleet to anyone and can't thank them high enough

Ditto for me. Best fleet in STO hands down. Thanks guys! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    Thread Deleted
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • washout77washout77 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey everyone!

So here is my story.

I've been playing STO for a decent amount of time. And by that I mean only about 20 hours haha. I'm not new to MMO's however, I played WoW for a while (significantly longer than 20 hours...), a bit of Guild Wars 2, and assorted FTP games. I just now reached level 10, got me the Cruiser I've always wanted, but the game feels a bit...."dead" to me. I mean that as in it's quiet and there isn't a whole lot of social action. So, I decided I wanted to join a fleet and meet some people. This is something I've never done before, as I was never a guild person.

The 10th caught me eye, and after reading over a bit of the website I have to think that you guys are what I want out of STO. A nice, friendly fleet that is active and welcomes new people (and isn't all about endgame min/maxed PVP). I also like light Role Playing, but that's just me hahaha.

Of course, the catch is that...I'm young. I'm 17, I'll admit it. I don't have a whole lot of time to play much anymore; High School, Marching Band, Boy Scouts, and my soon to be military service in the US Navy takes a lot out of me. So I'm mostly active on the weekends, and for a short amount of time at night weekdays.

Now, if that isn't a huge problem, I'll be glad to join you guys. I have no qualms with using TS (although, I can never get it to work on my computer. I'll keep trying though.) even though it'll be a while before I can get a working microphone.

So, if you all are willing to accept a REALLY new and young-ish player (after crawling up to a mere level 10 I still don't know much of anything of what I did. I don't know what I put points into or what I equipped but whatever I did is working...kinda...I play Engineer/Cruiser) and help me get up to speed with the more experience of yall then I will gladly sign up with the 10th

Dante (characters name, my actual name is James),
    USS Zephyr III
    edited May 2013
    Thread Deleted
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    this month is proffing to be a very busy month for myself. I went to Washington, d.c. for 5 day vacation, spent 2 days celebrating my bday, spent 2 days celebrating woman bday in atlantic city. in process of moving from the jersey shore to 5 min from PA. sto expansion coming out. I got promotion in fleet to commandor. fleet sets up recruiting page on sto forums. fleet grows past 300 active members. oh did I mention new job 3 weeks now. daughter graduation from university receiving bachalors degree. on the 22nd I work from 7am.-1pm. then I drive to ohio spend the day with womans family then come back the night of the 23rd so I can go to work at 2pm on the 24th. have to celebrate memorial day with a bbq somewhere. not to mention mothers day.
  • jotorobojotorobo Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    10th Fleet is a group of Great people all working together to help each other become the best in the game.
    edited May 2013
    Thread Deleted
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • washout77washout77 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey,

As it turns out, since I'm on a silver account at the moment it won't let me send PM's to those who aren't on my friends list. Woo. At least not for a long amount of hours game time.

Not quite sure how the invite works, but my handle is Dante@washout77
    edited May 2013
    Thread Deleted
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    yes be great to find out how far we are from each other. also maybe eventually we can have a real life fleet convention, maybe even at a star trek convention?
    edited May 2013
    Good morning 10th Fleet.
    edited May 2013
    Thread Deleted
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • velforcevelforce Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its a great fleet to join, very helpful for new players, and everyone gets along great. there is always something going on, and because of the wide range of locations that the member base is from, there is almost always someone online to play with.
  • schreader1718schreader1718 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I recently joined the 10th, and I find it to be a very active and open fleet. There is a lot of member interaction, and the command staff is very helpful. Check 'em out.
    edited May 2013
    today is the day of the expansion of romulans. I expect an influx of members that are playing romulans mostly alts but some new players to add new blood to the game.
    edited May 2013
    having a case of da ja vue. only 6 hours of expansion release needed emergency maintance for mainly stability and entering sto.
    edited May 2013
    this is getting to be silly, another 6 hours and they doing emergency maintance again, at midnight for 2 hours for stability and to get people out of ques.