test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Rich Dilithium Mining Claim

praxian2012praxian2012 Member Posts: 127 Arc User
Rather than have the game switch every 2 to 3 seconds and irritate people by making it next to impossible to get the max rewards, just lower the max rewards for it and make it possible to get the max bonus again.

Every day since the last patch it's been impossible for me to get 600+ for a score on there because it literally changes every 2 to 3 seconds. I get 1 go across complete, occasionally two because once in a while it'll barely move.

If I'm gonna bother with this, at least make it possible to get a max score out of it.

Sorry if this comes across as a whine session, but come on really?
Post edited by praxian2012 on

Comments

• Options
    aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It is wonky to say the least. I dont even bother anymore as it is a waste of time.

On aside note, I wish the claims were not toon bound. If they must be bound then Cryptic should allow them to be account bound. Wasted space on my main toon to be sure. :(
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
  • Options
    erockererocker Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Nothing has changed for me at all. I'm getting the same as I always have between 840 and 1000 or so...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I don't recall ever scoring below 700. Sometimes it does change quite fast, but I still score between 800-1000. Just use the arrow keys and be quick - it wouldn't be a minigame if it didn't provide at least a bit of a challenge. ;)

Also, I honestly think those Dilithium Mining Claims should be purchasable with Fleet Credits, in addition to being Lock Box drops.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    virgilpluton999virgilpluton999 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I still get between 725 and 800-something.

I do wish they were bound to account and not character though...
  • Options
    erockererocker Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Btw, I've noticed that if you don't take the direct route (overshoot the triangle/go back then forth/etc.) it will change quicker sometimes... If that makes any sense at all. lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ussfuryussfury Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Same as always for me. NEver below 700, even with lapses in paying attention sometimes (kids).

I use the arrow keys on my keyboard though. I find using the in game "turner" to be dog slow.
  • Options
    sudoku7sudoku7 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    aspartan1 wrote: »
    It is wonky to say the least. I dont even bother anymore as it is a waste of time.

On aside note, I wish the claims were not toon bound. If they must be bound then Cryptic should allow them to be account bound. Wasted space on my main toon to be sure. :(

They have to be character bound to prevent them from flooding the Dilithium market. It sucks, especially given that lobi is bound to character as well for some reason.
  • Options
    hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    There are people that don't get max rewards on this? Huh. Its incredibly rare I score less than 775, sometimes as much as 1030. (I know it doesn't give extra rewards past 775, I just do it because I can)
  • Options
    sudoku7sudoku7 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    hravik wrote: »
    There are people that don't get max rewards on this? Huh. Its incredibly rare I score less than 775, sometimes as much as 1030. (I know it doesn't give extra rewards past 775, I just do it because I can)

Occasionally I get bad luck coupled with inattentiveness, but most of the time it's full reward.
  • Options
    decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It changes for me, sometimes I can get high scores and sometimes like the OP it changes so fast that I am lucky to get above 500. It is a mini game after all you can't expect to get the max each time otherwise i wouldn't be a reward or a game. They may as well just scrap it and give you the dilithium if it was max reward every time.
  • Options
    fluffydoormanfluffydoorman Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I've seen what the OP is talking about with the quick changes, but even then it's easy to get at least 700 on the score. My 11 year old can get over 700 and he's only done it a couple times. I do admit I've never broken 900 on a score...still amazed with those that hit 1000+, but 700+ is easy.
  • Options
    nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Its pretty easy if you are paying attention, last night is the first time I got below 700 in a long time, but I lost 10s due to some weird mouse problem. Getting 1100 isn't that difficult if you really focus, the problem is its a boring game
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel
  • Options
    srafaoraspsrafaorasp Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ussfury wrote: »
    I use the arrow keys on my keyboard though. I find using the in game "turner" to be dog slow.

This is what i do. using the onscreen arrows does not work very well.
  • Options
    lordkratos1974lordkratos1974 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Rather than have the game switch every 2 to 3 seconds and irritate people by making it next to impossible to get the max rewards, just lower the max rewards for it and make it possible to get the max bonus again.

Every day since the last patch it's been impossible for me to get 600+ for a score on there because it literally changes every 2 to 3 seconds. I get 1 go across complete, occasionally two because once in a while it'll barely move.

If I'm gonna bother with this, at least make it possible to get a max score out of it.

i had the same problem until i started using the arrow keys. hit max every time now :)
  • Options
    aeonjeanaeonjean Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    sudoku7 wrote: »
    They have to be character bound to prevent them from flooding the Dilithium market. It sucks, especially given that lobi is bound to character as well for some reason.

Just make them account bound. The system for this is in place, I already have a few account bound items. At one point Cryptic even mentioned turning most of the items in game to account bound though it never happened.
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    aeonjean wrote: »
    Just make them account bound. The system for this is in place, I already have a few account bound items. At one point Cryptic even mentioned turning most of the items in game to account bound though it never happened.
    That doesn't stop you from flooding the market, though. Someone, like me, can have over a dozen alts and would easily be able to claim tons of Dilithium ore with the certificates spread across all those alts - especially if I do it during a mining event.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    alarikunalarikun Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    More often than not, I get the full 5,000, so I don't think it has changed. And I certainly don't want them to LOWER the reward. That would be horrible! Though I'm already at only 3 Dilithium Claims left... :(
    Original Join Date: January 2010
    Original Name: -Gen-Alaris
    Days Subscribed: 1211 (As of May 26, 2013)
  • Options
    dlsilencedlsilence Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You only need 735 to get the most dilithium, and 775 if you want the Particle Trace on the normal mining. The only time I ever have trouble with getting that is when I'm distracted somewhere in the 60 seconds. Usually I'm pressing escape somewhere around 10-15 seconds left to move on to the next area though.

Are you using the arrow keys on your keyboard or trying to click the little buttons on the interface? I'm confused as to how you could consistently fail to reach at least 735.
  • Options
    walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    decronia wrote: »
    It changes for me, sometimes I can get high scores and sometimes like the OP it changes so fast that I am lucky to get above 500. It is a mini game after all you can't expect to get the max each time otherwise i wouldn't be a reward or a game. They may as well just scrap it and give you the dilithium if it was max reward every time.

I've never *not* got the 5,000 Dilithium reward. Are you using the keyboard or the mouse for this mini-game? If you're using the mouse you're doing it wrong.
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • Options
    rvlion79rvlion79 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you have never had max reward either you got lag or you are doing it wrong... Oh and always use the arrow keys on the keyboard. always was <400 with mouse. With the keyboard I generally get between 700 and 800.
    As for those claiming to get many times >900 (my personal best in all the times I have played it is 885)... Post a youtube or it didn't happen.
  • Options
    twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dilithium mining is the shizznit. I tend to get the full 5000 on the rich claims... or close enough to it that I'd have to be real greedy to mind.

But I never do the regular mining for the dilithium. I do it for the rare particle traces. They go quickly and for a good price. It's an excellent low effort way to gain EC.

On four characters it's a reliable way to bank.

But yeah. Lobi Store needs to be account bound.

/adding nothing
    <3
  • Options
    pingaheadpingahead Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I really don't understand what any of you are saying.

I ended up with a couple dozen of these thru last Lockboxes.
    I only use it during the Mining Event and always walk away with 5000 Dilithium.
    These other numbers are Mandarine to me.
  • Options
    aexraelaexrael Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Are you using your keyboard to do these "twitch" events?
    The mining events are pretty static and predictable in behaviour. You'll find the pace at which the shift occurs starts to increase the lower the score gets, though with some variation.

You only need a score of around 700 odd to receive the maximum Dilithium. There is no difference between 700 odd in score and 1140 or so that I have achieved, for the Dilithium rewarded.
  • Options
    aexraelaexrael Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hit a new personal maximum of 1220 today on the daily nodes, completely irrelevant. If there is anything wrong with these events, it is that they don't reward anything at the upper end of the spectrum.

200 dil, 1 trace, 1-2 samples is all you get between 800-1200.

Dil Daily scores
  • Options
    twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aexrael wrote: »
    200 dil, 1 trace, 1-2 samples is all you get between 800-1200.

Yeah, there should be some bonus for hitting 1000.
    <3
  • Options
    sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For those that get below 800... ...have you considered using the arrow-keys on the keyboard instead of aiming and clicking with the mouse?! -Its faster with the keys, y'know.

:confused:
    /Floozy
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For those that get below 800... ...have you considered using the arrow-keys on the keyboard instead of aiming and clicking with the mouse?! -Its faster with the keys, y'know.

:confused:
    I have to agree here. The arrow keys are many, many, many times faster then trying to do it with a mouse.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    buckner3buckner3 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I use keyboard for this but am unable to get max, often b/c lag means the target doesn't move as fast I do so I don't get anywhere close to max - often b/c of lag it switches before the counter even starts
  • Options
    smi3thsmi3th Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Like most of the people here I normally hit 775 or so using keyboard and sometimes stray into the 800's.

One weird thing I've noticed is that sometimes having your computer lock up during mining can be an advantage.

My machine is at the bottom end of the scale of machines that can run STO. So it locks up once in a while, for a few seconds.

If your machine locks up while you are "scoring" during mining, then it does not move the target and you just keep scoring until it frees up again. The one time I got more than 1100 points this is how it happened; basically I scored for a full 20 or 30 seconds without having to move the triangle because my machine locked.

:)
  • Options
    bharanastanarbharanastanar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What I'd like for the Dilithium Mining Event is to be able to have one of my officers do it for me. Isn't it the captain's prerogative to stay on the bridge and send his officers on away missions? Anyway, each of my officers is likely to be better at this kind of games than me :-) Though admittedly, using the keyboard does make a big difference! :)