What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Legacy of Romulus Nimbus Arc Feedback Thread

Comments

• Options
    vitzhvitzh Member Posts: 519
    edited May 2013
    Feds are appearing as hostiles on the minimap. You can imagine my disappointment when I couldn't blast them.
  • Options
    reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't have a lot of feedback, other than finding Rhinna was kind of a let down story wise, not that we found her, but it kind of wasn't a big deal. Also, it acts like you know her, but she was never on Virinat based on the dev story, and based on Tovan telling you about his sister after you escape.

Law appeared to me as an old human, yet it turns out he is a 30-40 something Romulan, wha?
  • Options
    jer5488jer5488 Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Finding Tovan's sister was a little disappointing - also, she beamed out before the reunion could complete. Maybe adjust the beam out timer on her.
  • Options
    resnov098resnov098 Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    Very satisfied, awesome job, with more cutscenes, voiceovers, small videos displayed while talking to an npc, really getting a feel for the story and the game altogether. I still have to explore more of it, i expect more positive contents!

<
    Happy player. :D Keep it up!
  • Options
    ajddominionajddominion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just played through this, awesome set of missions. The Nimbus zone was also a cool experience different in a few ways from existing adventure zones (Woo Hoo Dance!). Below are a few things I noticed:

The Zone Itself:
    -When you beamed up a group of prisoners or some other interactive, the respawn timer seemed to trigger automatically and allow for you to beam up the same group after defeating the enemies again.
    -There were areas where the bridge officers would get stuck. Most of the time this auto-corrected, but not always.

The Lost City of Paradise:
    -This is where I first noticed the beam up issue with the downed officers.
    -I got a weird achievement when coming back to talk to Two of Eight, not really sure why:
    http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/576736953372319179/5C158FC98863F280DDDA4C27F8E5AFD82D351B0C/

Blind Men Tell All Tales:
    -Bridge officers got stuck at the cells portion. Sometimes within the cell block or within a nearby rock.
    -The doors would sometimes glitched to being open and giving the option to force open.
    -The same zone bug for the interactive respawn occured with the prisoners.

The Undying:
    -When fighting Hassan's main ship, the dialogue popped up in the middle of combat, which selected an option since I was still cleaning up. Luckily it was the one I think I wanted.

A Fistful of Gorn:
    - Bridge officers got stuck in the main satellite building. This auto-corrected itself for me after a short bit of time (ten seconds or so).
    -Not all of the satellite codes removed when used, since I had more than 10 (14 in my case).
    -Was Law supposed to be a Federation(Assuming a KDF variant too) duty officer or one specifically for the given faction such as Federation/Romulan/Klingon? http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/576736953373574845/BEA3986EB62473BAD4FC73DBA724C6F5D4879E45/

Installation 18:
    -When you find Rinna, the conversation is cut short with her beaming out before her and Tovan reunite.
    -Right after this point when the next bit of dialogue started, the patrol walked in before I was finished reading. Not sure if intended to give a rush feel or something.

The Dance Mission Competition:
    -The mission noted something on the Fan dance. Is that reward meant for doing the mission for a specific period of time?
  • Options
    s101shikens101shiken Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Love the Nimbus atmosphere, Firefly X Dune :)

However, the progression is very grindy. I appreciate the effort to make Nimbus thematic, but unless the progression is trying to encourage groups... this is just too much for a solo captain's attention span.
    Vice Admiral Shiken, Senior Consul of the Council of Athena
  • Options
    killablejkillablej Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Crew got stuck all over Nimbus.

In the Stronghold cell walls and when leaving the cell they would walk through the wall into other cells then out the energy fields, they also got stuck in the rocks all over the place near the cells.

Outside near the crashed ships engines is some debris inbetween two sand dunes one my crew got stuck there.

On the fist full of gorn mission, crew got stuck at the 3rd console at the bottom of the hill path, several of my crew and other players crew got stuck in the platform there.
  • Options
    i8472i8472 Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nimbus Daily

Find contraband in the "City"
    could the objective markers that appear for the objectives location

(*disappear after you interact with the object) ...right now they stay on the object's location until the mission is complete.

For the Daily scan objects to get the creatures to come and be cannon fodder.

One of the pillars spawn creatures, before you interact with it. and it doesn't count to the kill count. and they keep spawning while you are in range.
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vitzh wrote: »
    Feds are appearing as hostiles on the minimap. You can imagine my disappointment when I couldn't blast them.

NOOOO! I was hoping that was a perk. Had heard about it and was looking forward to it.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    tathamorintathamorin Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Was in Installation 18 and doors would not open, but my bridge officers began to attack enemies behind closed door.
  • Options
    summonerdeltasummonerdelta Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Noticed something with some of the bosses, Orion Overseer (I think) was one, forget the names of the rest. After defeating them, they immediatley respawned and I had to defeat them a second time, after which they stayed down. With one exception I was the only player in the area, once there was a second captain nearby. Not sure if I retriggered something or not.
  • Options
    really2297really2297 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    play a few more hours today I found no bugs the missions worked great I am excited and cannot wait to play on the 21st and use my legacy pack and try out ll the ships great job on this you people are awesome lifetime member and glad I did I am hooked thanks again for the great job look forward to testing new chapters as you make them :D

okay one glitch I keep changing my avatar to read career officer but it defaults to ensign other than that no issues at all
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For Blind men tell all tales. there is a doff replicator mission. you can access it via the doff window under personal, but it might be handy to have the panel open by actually interacting with the replicator. might make it clearer.

also in general there is no music being played inside paradise city. I'm not sure if that is intentional, but some music might help.

edit - also i know people have talked about land vehicles before. i you ever make them nimbus seems a perfect location for them.
  • Options
    azurerail1azurerail1 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi,

What an ark, these missions took Ages to complete? There was a feeling through the entire ark that i was still doing the first mission, Yet i completed the whole ark?. I understand the open map idea but so much happened yet all the time Mission after mission Blended to feel like one Mission?.

When i had a break from Sto and came back i saw that nearly all of the Nimbus ark was completed?. There needs to be a break in that Ark between Missions, or some prompt to go back to Paradise City before the next mission, Otherwise it all just blurred to frustration to when is this mission going to end?.

Really if theres going to be an open Map here there needs to be set up in a way that other players do not complete anothers Tasks (EG. Gorn Canyon, i had 3 other players doing that part and they killed the gorn for me, Giving me all the satellite codes and no Work?).
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think the instance cap needs to be kept very low on this planet. you dont want 75 people running around on one map, or it will be a nightmare to try and complete the random events, or to locate enough baddies to shoot if everyone else is getting there first.

i dont know what the cap is but i would keep it around 20-25 tops.
  • Options
    malkarrismalkarris Member Posts: 797 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A few notes on these missions.

First, what we finally help Tovan find his sister and one conversation is all we get? That's it? Honestly, the rest of the story arc about people being kidnapped was a bit to large to motivate me. The saying about one death being a tragedy, a thousand being a statistic is true in stories. For instance, the arc with B'vat on the fed missions are some of the best story wise I think, not because I'm really interested in saving all these people, that my job as a starfleet officer. I like it because at the end, I get to stick a phaser in B'vat's face and tell him to eat it as I fire. Its personal and meaningful. Same with the new ending to Cutting the cord, you nailed that one.

Personally, if I had done this, I would have put off rescuing Tovan's sister until the very end at the last space battle, where somehow we learn she's on one of the ships and we have to disobay orders to save her. Or better yet, have the choice, we can save her, or stick to our orders and blow up the ship she's on and then Tovan leaves the crew. But that's probably too much to add in right now, more's the pity. Without the personal angle the rest of the missions with the aliens kinda fall flat.

But could you at least have something more between Tovan and his sister added?

Second, all the random missions, I guess they are more or less random? I couldn't figure out a trigger or anything. It might be nice to have a hint from one of the NPCs that these missions are out there and need to be found. I did notice that the Romulan one at the "satalite" station was hard to complete, since the romulans first spawn up on that ledge. When I had it, there was one coward of a scientist that hid where I couldn't fire at him, and I had to climb up the sides of the tower to that small ledge to get an angle on him. This happened on both sides.

Third, I guess this is a lower level zone only which is why we only get mark V and VI drops?

Fourth, fan dance, nice one.
    Joined September 2011
    Nouveau riche LTS member
  • Options
    shadeko111shadeko111 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Some of the problems I encountered in the game is that some of the bridge officers on the ground missions seems to get stuck somewhere in the map because of some of the maze like layouts created for those missions that somehow disrupt the walking path that they follow because of the tight cornering or they just simply phase into a wall where for them to catch up is nearly impossible unless you place yourself somewhere near them to phase out of said wall. Another thing I should point out is that when you as a character log off somewhere and then log back in, you are actually spawning under the floor of where you left off. When I was at the nightclub part of the mission (I forget what it was called but I can think of the arena and the task orion slaver outside), I would start the mission outside of the entrance to the den, go inside, and then save and quit the game. When I returned to the game however, I was outside and under the ground, unable to get out. I then had to teleport back to the city, run through the scorpion infested desert, fight the gorns/pirates/orions to get back into the courtyard and then into the stronghold where I had to again fight the task slaver (again) just to go into the club.

I think a good tool to implement into the game/mission that someone said earlier is to teleport your bridge officers to you (they can be dead and not be teleported so it doesn't seem like cheating to fast travel to a downed ally to revive. Just simply teleport the living ones when there is no combat at all).

Dialog in the story arcs people already covered so I don't have to go into detail.

Positive things I like to remark is the new HUD design, the graphics, the new story arc (though seemed short), and pretty much the new enemy species (that I have not heard of until the story arc... someone commented on this earlier so I don't have to go into detail). Someone mentioned the engine rewards being for Romulans that seem like a good reward if only a fed/kdf can actually use them as well so I think a change for that should be made. In all, I like the new game that you just re-designed and I hope I can get money to actually buy the add-on (even though I am a lifetime member in which I don't know why I should even pay for it...), you get the idea. Mixed reviews, yada yada yada, end of post.
  • Options
    rld2rld2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok .... so the male dancer has about a bizillon hit points. Some times he doesn't even seem to register damage.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    On Nimbus, particularly in the Syndicate area leading up to the 'courtyard' the spawning seems too fast and too close - a number of times I was closed in on both sides by enemies ... I didn't have time to finish the second batch before the ones I just killed respawned behind me. On several occasions I just had to ignore them and run, otherwise I would still be breaking my mouse finger shooting them.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Seriously guys? Really? How do you forget to create the gun when you're modding a Western quickdraw scene? When Law has the quickdraw against the Gorn, the reason the Gorn loses is because he's using his air gun. In fact, so is Law, I guess his was bigger.

Me doth sense some haste to get this update published.
  • Options
    sharialashariala Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So I jsut started Lost city. finally through all that stuff I played through multiple times. lol
    The scorpions were labeled as dawan arthorpods. The dance contest daily kept telling me my /me, or /em commands were invalid. but only sometimes.
    While exploring the city, I got a random accolaide for smashing the gron rock throwers. I may have been maybe Near someone who did that? I don't know, but there weren't even any gorn where I could see them.

In the ruins it would appear iw as being attacked on occasion by an invisable giant sand worm, like the boss in the Iconian arena. Only you know.. invisable.
  • Options
    c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't know if this has been mentioned before? The thread is a bit long to read at this stage. But anyway.

The part that annoyed me during the Nimbus arc was when I reached where we had to free the prisoners 4 times by force opening the doors etc. I died a few times here because my away team had no idea that they couldn't fire their weapons through the windows of the large outdoor cells and they even sometime just started running off on there own while I engaged the 4 or 5 enemies in the cells. Basically, they need their pathing adjusted so that they know where the doors are.

Secondly, when we complete the mission before "Installation 18" and for whatever reason, decide to beam up to our ship to log out, and then log in again to continue with the gameplay and continue "Installation 18", we find ourselves back at the entrance of Paradise Lost and therefore have to run all the way back to the installation fighting our way past loads of Gorn. It would be nice to be able to be beamed back to the Installation 18 entrance.

EDIT: I forgot to mention something else about before starting the mission for "Installation 18"... When we complete the previous mission and accept this one, and we are still there standing at the tower, we have to run outside of the yellow circle on the map and back into it again back toward the tower before the door glows and indicates the entrance is there. Sometimes this means taking on a bunch of sandworms again in the process.

That's my 2 EC's for now... Maybe more later as I play on. :)
  • Options
    otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow... This is another Nopada like place, far too big, and way too much running about like a headless chicken. Most of the missions except the Gorn sattelite and the Installation 18 missions, were mind numbingly boring.

Run around killing stupid scorpions and worms, finding old computers that are hard to get to. Killing worms gives you information?? Who thought that even makes any sense what so ever??

And the incredibly long and boring runs, with so many NPC's to kill that it just gets tedious.

Not to mention that section with Hassan... That level needs a redesign, same with the part in the desert fortress with having to bash open the doors.. My BO's get super jump powers, or they walk THROUGH force fields wich makes no sense.

And when we finally find Rinna, it's over in 5 seconds?? Really?? Tovan says Rinna and that's it??

Not my cup of tea at all sadly, the only good parts were the Gorn sattelite part and the Installation 18 one, rest was just cringe worthy :(
  • Options
    sabremeister1sabremeister1 Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When attacking the downed ship, enemy groups keep respawning very quickly. It's hard to kill all of one group, move on to the next and kill all of them, before the first group respawns. And since the spawn points are relatively close, your away team goes back to shooting the first group. This makes progressing through the fortress rather slow, and can quickly deplete your BOffs' consumables.
  • Options
    genrldestructiongenrldestruction Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    szerontzur wrote: »
    -Got one-shot by the commander's grenade while stuck in stasis.. =L (Taking control of a player's character away from them is never an enjoyable mechanic.. neither are one-shot kills.. neither is having them combined. *stares death-daggers at tholian encounters*)

This ^^^
    Seconded, signed, sealed and delivered..
    Tholian, and to a lesser extent Elachi, ground teams are way overtuned, especially when you are facing a commander/captain group. (Tholian captain groups with 2 commanders... thanks for 3 respawns in 1 fight!)
  • Options
    spacecmdrtravisspacecmdrtravis Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And I skipped Temporal Ambassador. Who needs a slow T3 cruiser when all your ships come with a Battle Cloak?

So onto Nimbus. First off the outdoor environment looks outstanding. I almost don't want to explore it until Holodeck. But I did step outside, and I had two sets of my BOFFs out there. One who were NPCs, and another set that was following me.

Will post another two mission observations later. It's late in the day.
  • Options
    c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And since the spawn points are relatively close, your away team goes back to shooting the first group. This makes progressing through the fortress rather slow, and can quickly deplete your BOffs' consumables.

+1 I agree with this totally and actually meant to mention it in my previous post above.
  • Options
    sharialashariala Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Allrighty... so, in installation 18 I've just got off the elevator, and I have to do alot of back tracking and manuvering around because my Boffs keep getting stuck on anything, and Everything around them. :^/ This is highly annoying, and a terrible show of intelligance on thier parts. I may have to fire them. The elachi who killed itself was still in the stasis field after it had disintigated, still in the stunned appearance state.
    The sopace battle at the end was a little one sided in thier favor. Yes your allies repair, and keep fighting,. But really? If it's meant to make you make use of some of your charge abilities it fails. Yiou cannot get them if you're consitiantly getting blown up before you even have one bar of charge. Also Toven says flotilla, the dialogue int he text box says New romulus. Where is his sister going? The contact for the first mission in the vengance line says she's going to new romulus in the text box, but as she has no VO I'm jsut not sure. :^P
  • Options
    voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    With how much there is to do on this ground map there are a few minor adjustments I would like to suggest, not only for convenience, but also because the map is so much fun to be on.

minor modifications:

1) Addition of Bank console in market area.

2) Addition of Exchange console in market area.

3) Weapon Vendor in market area changed to actual weapon store.

4) Food vendor in market area changed to actual food store.

5) bartender in the bar owned by two of eight changed to bartender store.

6) Maybe add a "second hand ship parts" junkyard type area. would fit the map theme well and give more locations to hide stuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]