test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Atmospheric Shuttle PVE

macricanmacrican Member Posts: 4 Arc User
Holy Shyteballs, this mission is frakkin' AWESOME! I found it for the first time today, played it with all of my small craft and all I have to say is -WOW-! it was fun, engaging, the endless movie quote potential to toss out in chat was fantabulous and those war of the worlds-esque walkers were bloody brilliant. For a moment I almost thought they'd fight back a little more and then realized that they were to busy attempting to destroy everything in front of them. plus the additional shuttles and fighters flying in all over the place kept us all plenty busy. Muchos Kudos to the team for putting that one in. it's nice to have this as an alternate option to the vault shuttle mission (which I also love).
Post edited by macrican on

Comments

• dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    macrican wrote: »
    Holy Shyteballs, this mission is frakkin' AWESOME! I found it for the first time today, played it with all of my small craft and all I have to say is -WOW-! it was fun, engaging, the endless movie quote potential to toss out in chat was fantabulous and those war of the worlds-esque walkers were bloody brilliant. For a moment I almost thought they'd fight back a little more and then realized that they were to busy attempting to destroy everything in front of them. plus the additional shuttles and fighters flying in all over the place kept us all plenty busy. Muchos Kudos to the team for putting that one in. it's nice to have this as an alternate option to the vault shuttle mission (which I also love).

Now we need a longer version, possibly a No-Win Scenario style mission with 30 or more waves. :D

And... wait for it... AN ATMOSPHERIC SOCIAL ZONE ONLY FOR SHUTTLES!! :D

Or a race instead of a social zone. I don't care, as long as I get to perform various high-speed stunts without having to worry about 3000 Elachi.

Realistically, though... We'll have to stick with what we've already gained, and be happy - be VERY happy, I will add - with this mission. :D

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    oh yeah i was varry impressed with it and surprised

i was also surprised with the romulan mission that is basically a single player version
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • vitzhvitzh Member Posts: 519
    edited May 2013
    I remember joking that it looked like we'd be getting a mission like this because of the Elachi Walkers appearing. Quick curious question - can you face an Elachi Walker on ground yet? I want to sword fight one.
  • messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    macrican wrote: »

I havent been in such a wild furball in a long time ..it was hard...it was frustrating ....it was crazy...and i LOVED IT!!!!!

I normally play through the missions 3-4 times so to catch bugs but that mission i played 7-8 times because it was FUUUUN!!!!! :D

TY cryptic great mission :)
    edited May 2013
    vitzh wrote: »
    I remember joking that it looked like we'd be getting a mission like this because of the Elachi Walkers appearing. Quick curious question - can you face an Elachi Walker on ground yet? I want to sword fight one.

Not that I know of, no - plus they're FAR too large for that kind of tricks. I don't think small arms fire (let alone SWORDS) would even dent that thing, considering all the trouble they cause for FIGHTER SQUADRONS armed with TORPEDOES. :P

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • malkarrismalkarris Member Posts: 797 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What is this? There is a reason for my shuttles again? Where on Tribble is this?
    Joined September 2011
    Nouveau riche LTS member
    edited May 2013
    dalolorn wrote: »
    Not that I know of, no - plus they're FAR too large for that kind of tricks. I don't think small arms fire (let alone SWORDS) would even dent that thing, considering all the trouble they cause for FIGHTER SQUADRONS armed with TORPEDOES. :P

You have clearly never seen a pissed off KDF Honour Guard Medic before in action! XD
  • spellcspellc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I love this mission! For the first time in months I used my shuttle. Was so fun I went testing new shuttle builds. Excited I figured I would use some of the new builds on Holodeck playing the Vault. Two matches later I totally remember why my shuttle was collecting dust. Like night and day.

I cant wait for this to go live!
  • draconsindraconsin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ok now I cant wait to play this mission, one thing I have been kinda wanting is more small craft missions, maybe some small craft focused pvp that would be awesome just rely more with the small craft to make the C store fighters worth it.
    edited May 2013
    You have clearly never seen a pissed off KDF Honour Guard Medic before in action! XD

KHG Medics are no match for a good Carrier. :P

• szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,724 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As heretical as it is to say.. the first thought that popped into my mind when I started that segment was.. that Star Wars X-Wing game on the Nintendo 64.

My second thought: This. Is. Awesome.

My third thought: I really wish there was a special chase camera just for this segment that pitched and rolled with your craft.
    edited May 2013
    szerontzur wrote: »
    As heretical as it is to say.. the first thought that popped into my mind when I started that segment was.. that Star Wars X-Wing game on the Nintendo 64.

My third thought: I really wish there was a special chase camera just for this segment that pitched and rolled with your craft.

To answer your first thought, I constantly talked like I was attacking the Death Star, not fending off Elachi. :P

edited May 2013

Now that you mentioned it it reminded me of star wars rogue squadron for the N64

It was like the battle of hoth and cloud city combined with elements of naboo.

This mission was by far the best so far looking forward to playing it again....gonna buy a scorpion now for sure :)

PS it also reminds me of starfox for the old N64
    edited May 2013
    KHG Medics are no match for a good Carrier. :P

That's fighting talk mister! XD
  • rextorvan36rextorvan36 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I'm a little worse then that. I'd be curious about a cockpit view.
    edited May 2013
    BTW under the center of the city there is a large sea cave. Fly though for a good time.
    edited May 2013
    That's fighting talk mister! XD

Okay... *launches Interceptors and blows vitzh's KHG medic up* :cool:

Edit: There's a cave under the city? WHERE? :D

edited May 2013
    Okay... *launches Interceptors and blows vitzh's KHG medic up* :cool:

Edit: There's a cave under the city? WHERE? :D

*Swords lunges after all the interceptors and tanks them to kingdom come*

Sorry but Medic's are pretty much indestructible XD. I should rename mine Captain Scarlett! XD
    edited May 2013
    *Swords lunges after all the interceptors and tanks them to kingdom come*

Sorry but Medic's are pretty much indestructible XD. I should rename mine Captain Scarlett! XD

Oh it's on now!

Proconsul Selendis will now turn you into a pile of ash!

*large mothership approaches and fires a very powerful green beam at the medic, drilling a 30-meter deep and 4-meter wide hole in the ground and vaporizing the medic*

edited May 2013
    There's a cave under the city? WHERE? :D

Fly near the water in the middle. The large "island" the center of the city is on is hollow. Btw the splash you get when skipping off the water is a nice touch.
    edited May 2013
    All i know for sure is cryptic just sold a scorpion...thats if they dont change this mission its perfect as it is :)
  • bohiapbohiap Member Posts: 535
    edited May 2013
    Apparently I'm not that far yet. What mission are we talking about?
  • gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    a PvE 5 man qued shuttle event
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • alikainalikain Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As much its was fun, the wave was too much. Got to a point I was wondering if it will ever end.
    "You ask why we give our ships computer normal emotions. Do you really want a warship incapable of loyalty?"
  • neok182neok182 Member Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Finally got to play this. really awesome but the fighters seem a bit unbalanced.

Mostly they seem to have insane defense and each time we've been unable to get the bonuses because they're just too damn hard to hit.

Also, where is this underwater cave? couldn't find any entrance in the middle.
    ACCESS DENIED
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    neok182 wrote: »
    Finally got to play this. really awesome but the fighters seem a bit unbalanced.

Mostly they seem to have insane defense and each time we've been unable to get the bonuses because they're just too damn hard to hit.

Also, where is this underwater cave? couldn't find any entrance in the middle.

Fly to the west, its the one with the waterfalls.

It's a good event, but majorly buggy.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,496 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Oh I can't wait for this to go live on Holodeck. It was a blast, and it would probably be even more fun with a full team. Hehe... Scorpions, Peregrins, Deltas, a Captain's Yacht...
    I can see this being a potential favorite in the fleet I'm in.
    Should have been listening to Star Fox music instead of the battle music from X-Wing.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • theodrimtheodrim Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Not to mention a shade overtuned. It seems the only way to do any meaningful damage to the walkers is to ram them (not that I'm complaining, ramming is fun), and you spend more time waiting to respawn than actually fighting. The waves of fighters are quite fun, though.

Also, it would be a real boon to have the small craft requisition be for the Kestral runabout, not the shuttle.
    Somebody getting uppity about canon? No problem! Just take a deep breath, and repeat after me:

Spock's Brain.
  • sirboulevardsirboulevard Member Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I must say, I hope this is just a precursor to more atmospheric missions and events. I would love to see a New Romulus/San Fransisco/Qo'Nos Aerial Defense mission.

Hell an aerial recon mission similar to the steal the shuttle mission from Rogue Squadron 2 would be awesome. Aerial missions have a lot of potential and I want to see more in the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TRIBBLE Hydra! Hail Janeway!
  • neok182neok182 Member Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Well i don't see waterfalls, i see the drainage openings, and i've tried to fly into every part of the map i can think of and still can't find this. map got bugged and i've spent 25 minutes now flying into every part of the map.

And again the elachi shuttles need a serious nerf. Damn near impossible to hit and my character has maxed accuracy and when your getting shot at by 5+ of them you just get destroyed.

Walkers are fine, shuttles need tuning, badly.
    ACCESS DENIED