What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ask Cryptic: May 2013 - Submit Your Questions, Please! [Now Closed]

Comments

• Options
    armistice171armistice171 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am sure that lots of the people that play on the Klingon faction will be excited to see that the Klingons are finally getting some love. However, the new Romulan faction available to play is the center point of this latest expansion. Even with the concept of picking an allied faction for Romulans, if people have not been playing as a Klingon, what is going to make them want to ally with the Klingons or even make a Klingon character? What I am wondering is what it is that is planned to entice people to start playing the Klingon faction? (I.e. new ships, re-balancing of old ships, new uniforms,...)
  • Options
    intrepidfox03intrepidfox03 Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Might have already been asked.

New Fleet Actions on the horizon; bring back some old ones, Breaking the Planet to get a daily wrapper?

Played the Rhi Shuttle Mission and REALLY like it. Will definitely be dusting off the shuttle for that one. Haven't had a chance to play Rhi ground yet.

To clarify the last of my question. There are consoles to the turrets in the last stage of Breaking the Planet that seem to already have some sort of interact that does nothing that I can tell; 'change turret target' basically. It seems like it would be easy (relatively speaking) for a Dev to go in there and hook those consoles up for the wrapper & add it to the daily.

Since Breaking the Planet & SB 24 are the only two Fleet Actions that don't have a daily wrapper, again, I was wondering how difficult it would be to turn those consoles into the objective needed for getting Breaking the Planet as a daily event.

Not really worried about SB 24; think its popular enough that it wouldn't need a wrapper to play, but Breaking the Planet, I think needs some wrapper love. I really only have time to play a few missions and I like the Fleet Actions. I know some to most probably do not like that mission or ground in general, but I think it would be nice to have it added to the daily wrapper line-up; spice it up some more.
  • Options
    deklak1deklak1 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    is the reputation system lvl's by on account in stead of characters?
  • Options
    ixalmarisixalmaris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1. With Romulans getting Singularities, are there plans to give the Federation and Klingons their own unique mechanics?

2. Are there any plans to revise the older C-Store ships like D'Kyr or Artox to bring them in line with the current power level of ships, either by changing stats including stations, adding or creating universal consoles for them or creating fleet versions of them?
  • Options
    blastenblaster1blastenblaster1 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can we get the "skin tight" shield effect like seen in Nemesis?

New BOFF/kit powers is something that we desperately need more of. Though we have ship consoles that's not the same. Any chance of this happening by years end?

A lot of people have played only as the three characters they're originally given slots for characters and have large amounts of unrefined dilithium. I have one friend who has over a years worth of ore to refine. So how about every once in a while like quarterly or trimesterly refining everyones dilithium no matter how much they have? A little extra reward for investing time into your game.
  • Options
    sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Will the FED's get a story rewrite and a new tutorial sometime in the future?
  • Options
    athourstathourst Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any chance we can get the Dino-metric tail fins on the Delta Flyer that Tom Paris wanted.
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Aight my questions are...

It was stated in the last ask cryptic that they were aware of the KDF costume problem but still no fix on it. So anything new other than you guys just know about the problem?

There is one ship issue which has been a problem with the B'rel since day one of its release and some things here and there that might help it out but is there anything on the table for the b'rel and T'varo(yet to be released in LoR) which both have enhanced battle cloaks but no kind of tactics are available for it because of the problem of shield tanking and its special mode uses projectiles is there any plans or discussions internally on how to allow these 2 ships to be able to compete with torpedoes and mines vs the shield tanking setups of beams and cannons?

The last issue I have is melee weapons they need more diversity any plans on getting any more types in besides the swords, bat'leths, and lirpas? The lore of KDF in the franchise shows many many weapons but we only get 1 of those... so any ETA on that?

Anyways those are the only 3 issues left I have with the game before I'd have nothing left to complain about :P
  • Options
    threat21threat21 Member Posts: 300
    edited May 2013
    other than the crystal event, will there be elite endgame space encounters like borg stfs for romulan and/or nukara reputation?
  • Options
    captsolcaptsol Member Posts: 921 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    With the 'Atmosphere' mission being added in STO, allowing us to pilot our shuttle somewhere other than space and the existence of ground vehicles and mounts in Champions Online and Neverwinter could we see ground vehicles added to STO? Something like a mission using the Argo ATV or similar could be awesome.
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,109 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any plans for any ground aoe weapons? (Rocket launcher. Manual Firing Mortars.)

Any chance on getting Dwight Schultz to do some VO as Barclay?

Will the "Earth-Romulan War" appear at some point? (Maybe another timey whimey mission for the Feds/Roms?)

Undine? Anything on them?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Question 1. In looking at the day/night cycle of Bajor, it only lasts a few minutes. Can this be changed to a more realistic timeframe? For example, you could tie this cycle to a real-Earth location, such as having the Bajoran day-night cycle follow the day-night cycle of Pacific Time (Cryptic Headquarters).

Question 2: Will other planets ever get day-night cycles? Such as New Romulus, Qo'noS (First City), and Earth (StarFleet Academy)?
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    xparr15xparr15 Member Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When are we going to see secondary deflectors on science ships and whatever you end up deciding to do to balance cruisers? Possibly with season 8?
  • Options
    millybunmillybun Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    With the introduction of a third faction, and any other faction after that, will we see more cross-overs between the more neutral-appearing uniforms/costumes/outfits/attire available on the zen store?

This is already seen on a small scale with some parts, such as the eye-patch with the Klingon academy uniform, but could we see parts like Seven of Nine's outfit (or at least the boots) become available to KDF and Romulans? I have an Orion that could use a better boot selection than the small handful of Klingon toe-spiked boots she has access to, for instance.

This could work with a variety of the less faction-orientated uniform parts and would help fill out the closets of the less outfit-blessed factions.
  • Options
    ccarmichael07ccarmichael07 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Repeated from Last Month:

1. Any chance we'll see a BADLY needed revamp on some of the costumes, such as the TWOK Monster Maroon?

2. Any chance we'll see some work on interiors and bridges this year?

3. Can we get a toggle to turn off the strange holo-TRON stuff on our weapons?

4. Any chance Science and Engineering Captains could get a few more "offensive" ground and space abilities, so we aren't so useless in non-group settings?

5. Will the Excalibur be getting it's Fleet Upgrade treatment like the Nova and Sabre did?

6. Could we get two "alternate" rank titles unlockable at Rear Admiral, Lower Half for the roleplayer community? (Fleet Captain, Commodore) This would be no different than the Lieutenant Junior Grade and Chief vanity titles which unlock at Lieutenant.

7. Since were expected to be Admirals (ie, the entire galaxy) can we get a "promotion" for our first officer? As in, being able to use Captain's rank on the Bridge Officer who sits in the First Officer duty slot? Seems the proper thing to do, since Admirals don't general command their own ships, but rather "catch a ride" on the ships where they keep their flag.

"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack.
    I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey
  • Options
    storattstoratt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1.) Can we use ally uniforms (from cStore) on Romulan Character
    2.) When can we expect next lockbox and what it will be her content :D
    3.) Will gateway get some more functions than spying other guy's characters.

Cheers
  • Options
    kaiserkactokaiserkacto Member Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1.-Currently playable small crafts like shuttles and fighters have very limited usages, so will be new content for playable small crafts? like new PvE/PvP or espisodes?

2.-Any chance for fleet versions of playable small crafts (shuttles and fighters) ?
    "In every age,
    In every place,
    The deeds of men remain the same..."
    12701.png
  • Options
    trhrangerxmltrhrangerxml Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Romulan ships get set bonuses for having both the refit and retrofit consoles on the same ship, any possibility of seeing this on Fed ships? Venture and Galaxy retrofit, anti-matter spread and saucer separation; San Paulo and Defaint retrofit, quad-cannons and cloaking device; Thunderchild and Armitage, Point Defense system and Torpedo Defense system; etc...you could have some real fun with these, including the fact that the Galaxy Dreadnought will be able to equip the Antimatter spread, Saucer serparation (soon), Quad-cannons and cloaking device.
    Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again? :D
  • Options
    hogue1784hogue1784 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    With all of the new specialty weapon types, especially the Reputation torpedo launchers, will there ever be any new sprite effects or color customization?

I feel that the plasma torpedoes look a bit tacky and really take away from the rest of the beautiful graphics and immersion when a big green twitchy space booger is hurtling around, rather than a nice bright green torpedo based off of a quantum or tricobalt model. This is even more hilarious when launching a heavy torpedo that is larger than the ship that fires it!

The recent Andorian phasers and Romulan Plasma are more examples. I can have blue versions of all the standard types, but then my orange phaser quad cannons stick out like a sore thumb and make me look like a rainbow ship.

I would just like to know if we can expect any aesthetic changes to correct these, such as a sprite or color selection for us to choose from. It would sure be a great customization feature so that players that like the current setup could use them, and players that don't would be able to add a bit more variety!
  • Options
    morkargh117morkargh117 Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are there any plans to add more iconic weapons from the films and TV series like the Search for Spock Klingon Disruptor, TNG phasers...and Undiscovered Country assault phasers?

Is there any chance of fan made ships like the Kerchan class being added to the game?

Can we have the ship artist devs spend like 1 month revamping the visuals of several iconic ships like the B'rel, Negh'var, Galaxy and Nebula classes?
  • Options
    druhindruhin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Will Ground Combat ever get a proper revamp, to make it feel more like Trek ground combat? I've never seen an episode or movie, where the entire away team is lined up standing still, fighting another group of people.
  • Options
    aoav160aoav160 Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1. Is a separate permission system for the fleet store in the works? Based on fleet credits hopefully.

2. A better balance between ship classes? For instance an Excelsior and a Defiant going to head to head should have the Excelsior vaporizing it. Much like a battleship and destroyer going head to head.

3. A Cstore item that lets you match the reputation level of another character on the same account. Many people do not have time to grind multiple toons but would pay $$$ handsomely to match another. (Me!)

4. Can there be fewer currencies please?
  • Options
    iczeramciczeramc Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Will the Federation ever see hanger units of Frigate Class like the KDF's Birds-of-Pery?
  • Options
    guriphuguriphu Member Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1: Does Cryptic just hate money, or are there going to be hair packs in the CStore sometime soon?

2: How about some more jewelry options?

3: Why can't male characters and doffs have lobi earrings?
  • Options
    darthgranicdarthgranic Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What happens are there to do more voice overs and add more story and less grind to missions and episodes?

More detail environments for Risa, Vulcan, Andoria, and etc.

Plans to make Romulans a true faction instead of piggie backing off UFP and KDF?
  • Options
    tosveteranstosveterans Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There are many small fleets that would like to join together to build a starbase and see what members of their alliance are online. Could you give us a little more detail about the potential (i am optimistic) upcoming alliance system your team is discussing.
  • Options
    tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lowestlvl wrote: »
    when are we gonna get poker

For that matter, how about darts?

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • Options
    stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Will server issues be resolved at all? Constant server lags and disconnects are really affecting gameplay.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • Options
    felixhexfelixhex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When LoR is up, it will be a long time before another faction is added, but what about career paths? For example, A FED KDF or Romulan becomes a pirate, a spy, a trader, etc.
This discussion has been closed.